Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in January 2006 #5

Akeesha Guest

I actually didnt hear her name sal. I probably missed it typing my post.

Yeah it was a mighty sad episode this one. It's going to be a part of my job in a few years though so I have to get accumstomed to it.

Yay on Miles helping you dress him!! Clever boy.

Sal Guest

yeah Lisa, being a midwife will be incredibly rewarding, but you will also see babies with defects and babies that die. That would be very tough.

Akeesha Guest

Very tough. And thats why I havent done anything up until now. But now I realise after all I have gone through with miscarriages etc..that someone needs to be there to help these women go through hard times. And I would like to be someone that helps them heal.

Oh speaking of healing..we did healing last night at the course and OMG it was so amazing and powerful. I feel so great today..and relaxed and have let go all of the stress I had about uni and everything. Whatever will be will be!!!

I am giving out some healings if anyone wants one hehe.I am going to send our BB group a bit of a healing..so if anyone wants to be left out..let me know.
    Very simple and it will just be me tapping into the unversal love and healing energy..and sending it out.

Oh Lisa, you can include me on your healing list! There is a similar sort of thing with the vipassana meditation that I've done - you meditate and send out energy from your heart centre.

How are your healing words going, Laura. Hey, we can move from study buddies to 'new agey buddies'...

We have had a good couple of days going for some nice walks and just hanging around home a lot. Clarrie has finally got the hang of the rolling. No waving yet! But he has been doing the pushing of the arms through the clothes (whether it is in response to my 'push it through' or not, I have no idea!) for a while now. so they are certainly all different developmentally, aren't they.

I've made up my 'crawl proofing the house' list and hope to get started on a lot of this the weekend after next. There's not as much as I thought actually. This weekend we are off to Adelaide to meet up with some friends who are coming up from the south. They have a 3 year old girl, Lily. Lily is so excited to see Clarrie again. She's wrapped up some of her old jigsaws to give to him (her idea! so gorgeous).

Lisa, I got my reply about the HECS query. I thought there was only one deferment option? That you take out the loan and pay back when you are earning enough. Or you can make the voluntary repayments if you like. ??

The person who replied was extremely helpful and also mentioned that the course I was doing will be changed in 2007 and be shorter and called something else. After contacting the uni about the course a couple of times already, I thought they might have mentioned this!!! But at least it is shorter and not longer!

Jillian, glad to hear the blocked duct has righted itself. Mine is much better too. How did the night out go.

Sal, thanks for the comments about your mum. I find all this quite fascinating. I'd love to do psychology.. maybe in my next life...hehehe

BTW, has anyone gone out with their partner and left bub alone with someone else at night?

Okay, better go. I'm bushed after making 2 curries to take this weekend. Love that curry! I think it's my favourite food.

PS Lisa, you are going to make such a great midwife.

Sal Guest

We left Miles with my mum when he was 4w old, to go out to dinner. We rushed through the dinner to get home to him, we missed him so much! He hasn't been left with anyone since.

Akeesha Guest

Morning

Julie - Yes the healing sounds very similar. We focused on bringing in the love energy through our heart centre!
    As for the fees google going to uni
    Thats got all the info on it. I am still confused though..cos things have changed slightly and I am just not sure which code to use on the application. i figure I will just ask at the open days. Yay on the course actually being shorter! Shame they didnt bloody tell you though. Give them another call/email and ask them about it.
    Also with leaving Kobi with someone else..yes we have. It wasnt for a few months...and not overnight..but we have gone out for a few hours on our own a couple of times. It is either my mum and or stepdad or my good friend Serena. And it's here. Although my cousin had both girls during the day for a few hours at her place a couple of weeks ago. They are having a baby so wanted to practice pmsl.
    I dont have as much of an issue with is as I did with Tyra. With Tyra I was paranoid and never wanted to leave her.

Kobi has been awake on and off since 5 this morning screaming. I hope to god there is a reason and it's not backwards behaviour. Though DH said it's a pain cry and not a comfort me or I am bored cry. It was loud and intense. She ended up with panadol to calm her and she fell asleep in my bed at about 6:30. If its her teeth I wish they would bloody hurry up!!!

Ok better go. She is crying again. She is very miserable

Have a good day ladies...oh and Julie..thanks so much for what you said about me being a midwife..it's funny. I think the same for you and teaching!!!
    Last edited by Astrolady; August 4th, 2006 at 09:58 AM. Reason: removal of link

hi there all

just thought i'd pop in to say hi

Julie in regards to your question about leaving bub's with someone - DH and I left Brodie with my IL's overnight when he was 5months old - it was hard to do but I'm glad we did it (I now know that I can do it again if neccesary) - it was our wedding anniversary and we went out for the evening - we had a great time but admitedly we missed Brodie - he didn't miss us though he has too much fun with granny - he slept through the night, drank all his milk and was just a model baby - she has a calming effect on him and i like the way she speaks to him - I think it helps when we all share similar parenting techniques - thank goodness for that otherwise that would be another hurdle to overcome - I'm very thankful for my IL's - they've helped us out in a couple of situations - they are a little odd when it comes to money but I can turn a blind eye to that as they are really nice people and just adore Brodie and their family - and i know they like me also - which obviously helps - bugger i hope i don't have a fight with her now - paranoia is kicking in.....

It's raining cats and dogs here today, i have an house inspection to do at 1pm and have my hopes up that DH will be home by then - I've got my fingers crossed something will come this weekend - we are looking at a house tommorow also - I'm very interested in that one but it's $20 out of the budget (I will find the money if I have too...) - so here's hoping we have some luck and that we don't have another interest rise....

does anyone have any tried and tested remedies for dry/excema like skin?? Brodie has come up in the worst rash on his face and it's starting to appear on his shoulders also - I HATE WINTER!!! - I know that it is weather/heater related - this house is so cold and i have the heater on all night in his room so I'm thinking that the air may be a little dry - I DON'T KNOW this is when I really question my mothering skills.....just want him to feel all nice and supple (sp??) not all scaley like a lizard.

Well anyway gotta run - have a nice day all - talk soon

BBL

Dianna, ask Laura about the excema stuff she had. Clarrie gets a little dry skin around his eyebrows and ears and cheeks and I just put sorbolene cream on it as its not too bad. Also, we had been putting a pot of water on the fire to try to keep the air a little moister in the house. But haven't been doing this lately as we've had some rain (but not enough!!). And we all get these sorts of things happening! It's not a reflection on your mothering skills at all!!

Fingers crossed about the house!

Thanks for all your replies about leaving bubs with someone else. I think it is probably a little bit of 'first baby' paranoia. Anyway, we have avoided the issue for now as John is going to stay home.

So good to hear that Imogen had a good sleep last night. Clarrie, likewise. Lisa, hope Kobi is better soon.

The little man is awake now
    cheers, Julie

Sal Guest

Hi girls!

Dianna, I heat our bedroom (well on and off) and it gets very dry in there. Miles' cheeks get a bit scaly, I have this baby balm which is nothing more than olive oil and castor oil hardened into a cake. I just rub a bit of that on him. Julie's suggestion of Sorbolene sounds a good one. Good luck with your house-hunting today.

Well the Miles sleep saga continues. We had just got the perfect conditions for him worked out in the hammock (how much bedding, how cold to have the room etc) and now he's in the cot we are back to scratch. He has been too cold (wakes), too hot (wakes), able to move his arms (wakes). Arrggghh! So now I'm resorting to sort of swaddling him - I know this isn't a long-term solution but I need some sleep!

hi guys!

well WE HAVE TEETH!!!!!

so exciting!!! two little toothipegs have broken through the skin. which is explaining all the crying this morning. Luxxe was doing the high pitched pain crying like Kobi....and has been SUPER clingy and not herself.

I gave her some rescue remedy and she totally chilled out and has been hapily playing for the last few hours.

Di- Luxxe has eczema, but it was the more oozy type... not dry.

BUT I know that there is a homeopathic remedy for dry type eczema too... However, if it's just dry skin,not eczema, then maybe a vitamin E cream might help. If it's bad though... maybe get it checked out... the naturopath made up a cream that is a base of vitamin E cream with calendula and chickweed for Luxxe. it's great - I use it on my hands too.

I'm SPEWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at the moment because I just took my new trousers out of the wash and my lovely black trousers are all covered in FLUFF!!!!!!!!
    ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I don't understand how though...I have a front loader and I didn't put anything else in there other than a black top....so now I have to de-fluff everything. PLUS it was the hand wash cycle... so it should have been relaly gentle.

[email protected] contraption.

caught up with the mum's from mother's group yesterday. I was driving home from the shops and felt like a nice cup of tea so pulled over and sms'd them and everyone came along to this relaly cute little cafe called the phoenix and the turtle.Cute huh? it was a really lovely arvo! and I bought luxxe a little squeaky toy. it's a little lamb. She loves it!! keeps giggling when she squeezes it !

well Luxxe has cracked it, so I guess it's nap time!

xxx
    L

Sal Guest

Aw, what a big girl Luxxe is, having toothie pegs!

Waaaaah I want my baby to get teeth

i want toothie pegs too...poor bubba all this suffering and no teeth

having said that - yay for Luxxe being a big girl and getting teeth

might have to call my naturopath and see what she can mix up...i went and saw the gp re: the skin issue and like usual they want to give the kid steroids to fix the problem...and even that isn't working (i gave in and bought them the other day and it's done NOTHING)

Congrats, Luxxe, on your little teeth! Good on you for using the rescue remedy, Laura - I keep forgetting to use it for things like this.

Have a good weekend all!

Julie xx

Sal Guest

OMG Jillian that is HUGE news! Go little ex-lumpling Immy!

Hi !

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for Immy and crawling!!! that is so cool!!!! I can't wait for Luxxe to get mobile... but I have feeling it won't be for a few months yet.

In quick other news ..... I got my hair cut today! not quite a mohawk... but close

check out pics on the blog. there are also a few of Luxxe being funny!

Have a great weekend everyone!

xxx
    L

laura you and luxxe look so coooooooooooolllllllllll - just been admiring you both on your blog - nice hair - looks really good suits you - i love rock star hair

PS - Luxxe looks like a daughter of a rock star too - i love her hot pink kisses shirt

Hey guys,

How are you??? Have to be quick, DH bought me a suprise off ebay (although i worked out it was one of those nice leather glider chairs & footrests), so we are off to pick it up

Congrats on everyones teeth - how exciting!

DAs is through the gum and slowly getting bigger

Also, for the last week he has also been comanda crawling - made it all the way across the living room and to a microwave that was on the floor (is broken and i was waiting to get my dad to fix it), and managed to get the door open and was playing with it by the time i got back fromt he toilet - my kid is going to be a holy terror!! He tries to swim on the carpet and propels himself over to what he wants.... I am terrified that i have to start babyproofing the house really well - how can he be doing that at 6 months???

Yah for imogen comando crawling also! Maybe this will get some weight off her - but she is so cute chuby!

Anyway, must run - have a splitting headache and need nurofen... DA woke up at 12, 4, 5, 7 & 7.30 last night...

I've been reading the no-cry sleep solution - it looks really good and can't wait to finish it so we can implement it

Although i think he was very distrupted cos we went out yesterday during the day and he didn't get a lot of sleep (like 2 hours in the whole day in 3 sleeps - even he normally gets more than that), and i do notice the less he gets during the day, the less he gets during the night - not that that makes much sense but anyhoo!

Also, i'm not giving him farex cos i'm worried about him getting alergies - just lots of vegies, some apple&pear for lunch (i did give him natural yoghurt like 7 times but yesterda he got a rash so i'm giving that a miss for a while to see if that was it) - but somebody at synagoge yesterday implied he needed extra iron (i was like i'm breastfeeding (she bottlefeeds), so i don't think i have to worry about that - do i???), and that he needs more bulk that just veggies - is that true???

Also, some old lady gave him a buiscuit, so thats the last time i let other people hold him when i'm not watching - at least my MIL had the sense to take it away from him straight away!

Oh, and the other exciting news - my health fund will cover the botox for my bum lift , so now i just have to decide if thats what i want to do!

Have been taking metamucil (but not the horror gel) 2 - 4 times a day, has been better with only 1 bleeding episode, but i also feel as soon as i miss a day for some reason it mjust flares back up and is only masking the fissure!

Gosh i wish i knew what to do!

Anyway, must run, will be back later to write lots of personals and fill you guys in about everything else

Yael

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast