Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #1

Bindy- You & I both are b/f & formula feeding & Jackson is also on the Karicare Gold! LOL. Glad to hear the sling is working a treat for your bub too!

~Belinda~ Guest

Hindonly, yes I feel great formula feeding her as I know she is getting fed really well. No use stressing about the breastfeeding issues! That Karigold is great, she loves it!

Girls - good on you for deciding what is best for you and your darlings concerning formula/breast feeding! I totally agree with mummy being happy and bleeding nipples OMG I remember that with Vy oh so well. I think that to many women get pushed into doing things to themselves for their babies and ending up with post natal depression cause of not being able to cope. *maz bow's to you both*
    Queens and Nik - we shower Mateauz aswell...ive done it with all my babies and i think it helps with bonding.
    We have a health nurse appointment tomorrow....I hope that my little man has put some weight on.
    I better go get my nappies of the line before the rain comes
    try and get some sleep tonight girls

Hi ladies,

Queen - Speaking of being awake at 4.30am I found it really hard to stay asleep last night during the feeds! So weird how sometimes you'll be wide awake and then other times you nod off!! I feel really bad when I startle out of my sleep and Amy's dropped off my nipple and all squashed up!! Bad mummy I'm not brave enough to have a shower with her yet. I'll leave that up to daddy and I can dry her off afterwards. Hehehe

Bindy - Amy hates having her nappy and clothes changed too....sometimes she doesn't but that is ridiculously rare. Her legs go really stiff and I can't get them into her jumpsuits sometimes. I have to wait for her to move them up again! hehehe Great news about the weight gain!!!

Maz - I agree with the pressure that mum's are put under to bf. I can't imagine how awful it would feel to not be able to breastfeed and have everyone telling you that you should keep trying......god the pressure on women is so much. Good on you ladies for looking after yourselves too. You are important too. If you aren't looked after, how in the world can you look after your little darling!? We've got the midwife coming today to weigh Amy too. I'm praying that she's put on weight. All week it's all I can think about. Sounds like we're going through the same thing at the moment. I'm crossing my fingers for you Maz xxx

Well better get going and have some brekky before the nurse gets here. Might venture out for a walk down the street today. Have a lovely day ladies. I think I hear my angel stirring xxx Luv Nik and Amy

had our health nurse check today..I swear the woman didnt listen to me. She kept trying to make appointments for me at 12 midday or 1.30 and I said I cant do it that time, I have a toddler that has her sleeps then and Im not disrupting my family time if i dont have to. 6 times I had to tell her this until she finally got it!!! Nikoalus was with me and asked me what was wrong with her...pmsl.
    but on a fab note Mateauz has put on 120 grams...we're only 5 grams under his birth weight...so um I must be doing something right.

Hope everyone is having a great day

need to eat

xxmaz and co

~Belinda~ Guest

Maz, I loved your post. Yes there is so much emphasis indeed on breastfeeding your baby these days no matter how sore, cracked and bleeding you are. People were telling me that it gets better, that may have been the case but I was crying at every feed and I was starting to feel a little down about it all. I haven't even had those baby blues yet though the midwives in the hospital were telling me "you'll probably get teary today" and I didn't! But when you think about it, why on earth do people put things in your head? I believe you must do what's best for you and your baby and use your intuition to get you through...sorry to hear that midwife today didn't listen to you! Glad your little one has put on weight, that's excellent news

Nik, yes those Bubs of ours definately hate us changing their clothes! Good luck with weighing Amy today, I hope she's put on weight, let us know how she goes.

Love Bindy xo

Hi there ladies,

Amy has put on 190g since my milk has come in but still has 108g to go. My midwife isn't worried because she's alert, feeding well and weeing and pooing plenty but I just wish that she'd get up to her birth weight so I can stop worrying about whether she's getting enough milk. But surely she is if she's satisfied after a feed?? She's feeding every 2-3 hours, little bit longer at night.......my midwife isn't worried so why am I!? Geez, I'm over being emotional!! Hehehe. She seems like such a content baby so really I don't think there's anything wrong.....my milk was a day late to come in cos of stress......how much weight did Mateauz lose Maz? Amy was just under the 10% limit.....all these numbers do your head in don't they!? My midwife did say I need to eat more ie snacking more and suggested tiger's milk.....anyone ever heard of that? Am going to get some Aktivite Maz and see if that helps any......

Sorry for my rant.....can't help but be a worry wart mummy.....

Luv Nik and Amy

morning everyone

Glad to hear everyone is progressing in the right direction with weights etc. Adeline lost just over the 10% too, need to weigh her this weekend.
    My breastfeeding is going well, she is drinking frequently and nappies are enormous so must be on the right track. I also get so worried that she is drinking enough- yesterday my boobs never felt engorged, but overnight when she slept for 4.5 hours, I was in total agony with rock hard boobs. Tried my new breast pump and only managed 20ml after 20 mins- any tips on the pumps?

We are going on our first excursion in the pram to the shops today. Dh is coming of course- I am not sure I even remember how to put the pram up or down!!

Hugs to everyone
    Maryx

Nik
    I was curious about the tigers milk myself, so did a little internet search, it seems its a sort of smoothie drink made with
    milk
    fruit
    oil
    extra nutrients
    protein powder
    brewers yeast

Or some combination of the above. There was a few diff recipes on google.
    Hopefully someone has a nice recipe they have tried

~Belinda~ Guest

Hey Girls

Oh goodness it's hard to get Madeleine down in the bassinette some days! She seems good at night now and goes 4.5 to 5 hours between feeds at night! She's down in her bassinette now but I'm sure it won't be too long and she'll be grizzling for a cuddle. A real Mummy's girl she is!

Nik, that's great that Amy has put on weight. I wouldn't worry too much hon, she'll be right and if she is weeing and pooing plenty then that's excellent!

Hawksey, enjoy your first excursion today. Yes I am the same! How on earth do I put the pram up and down again? I will have to practice a bit I think because I honestly don't remember! My DP does though. Glad your BF is going well. My boobies are never hard! They haven't ever been hard really, my little one is more formula feeding now than anything but she's a happy camper so that's what matters!

Hope everyone else has an awesome day!

Bindy xo

Anyone heard of 'lactation cookies' some women who b'feed swear by them! I haven't tried them yet but have the recipe so just have to bake them one day,lol. They're s'posed to increase your supply... Just google them if anyone is interested
    One of the ingredients is actually brewers yeast the same as in 'tigers milk' so maybe that particular ing' helps since its in both! The cookies are s'posed to be yum too!!

Mary - we've been on a few 'excursions' now to the shops & Jackson has just slept straight through it all or else wakes then just re-settles himself! I think the movement of the pram helps heaps & he's gr8 in the car too - which Cara never was!

~Belinda~ Guest

Hindonly, we only went to the clinic the other day for Madeleine's first checkup and it wasn't that far down the road! I am a bit nervous about taking Madeleine out, so silly! I will definately get out with her soon. I am glad your little one settles though in the pram. I bet everyone in the darn shopping centre would look at us if our Bubs were screaming!! Where did you have your Bub? I notice you and Hawksey are from Brissie! Hawksey, where was your Bub born?

hey well im still here with no baby !!

i just have a question for u mummys the days b4 u gave birth, did u feel not very pregnant? last night i only woke up once to go to the toilet, didnt wake up with heartburn, didnt wake up uncomfortable, and usually its a struggle to get myself out of bed lol, but 2day i just got up normal, no sore belly or back or anything!? and i seem to be walking a bit easier... ahh i dont get it!

hope everyone and their lil bubbies are doing great im 100% sure im going to go into Feb, but im staying here anyway OK heheh

~Belinda~ Guest

Jess, unsure about that one, honestly can't remember even though it wasn't too long ago I gave birth! But I was so over it and wanted Madeleine OUT! I hope you are going really well in your pregnancy, will be lovely to hear when you have your Bub! Not long now!

Hey Everyone! Happy Australia Day!

Hope I can stay in here with all you lovely ladies as I know most of you from the due Jan16th-30th threads, but little Bodie decided to come 3 weeks early! I hope it's ok with you all??!!

You all seem to love being mummy's, it is the best gift ever hey! Even when your getting up several times a night, it's all worth it.

Jess: The day before I went into labour I was having braxton hicks (didn't really know what they were at the time). Have you had any yet? Some people don't even get them though. I hope you have your little man in your arms soon hun.

Is anyone just formula feeding or is it just me? There was alot of pressure for me to breastfeed in hospital and Bodie just wasn't latching on no-matter how much the midwifes grabbed and squashed my boobs into his mouth! I was using a nipple shield for a while but that was pretty painful.

Bodie has been waking up alot at night lately, he has his good nights and bad nights. I'm a total wreck when it comes to daylight but try to get my sleeps in when I can.

Nik: I know what you mean by being emotional! I cried this morning on the phone to my SIL because I felt bad for not going over to her place for dinner because I was too tired! We ended up going for a walk (with our bubs) and it felt sooooo much better. So maybe try and get out and go walking or even just go for a drive. Bodie loves the car, he's asleep as soon as we turn out of our street!

Anyway better go and eat... haven't had anything since breakfast!

April & Bodie xo

~Belinda~ Guest

April: Happy Australia Day to you too!

It would be great for you to join us! I'm sure everyone welcomes you with open arms, it's such great support here on BB isn't it!

Ok, about formula feeding, yep, I am expressing/formula feeding Madeleine but she only gets one expressed feed in 24 hours! My milk is certainly going out the door no matter how much I express. She is formula fed all the other times though and I really enjoy it because my nipples were bleeding/cracking and sore and I was in absolute tears at every feed! In hospital she didn't latch on properly to start with and then the damage was done! All the midwives grabbed my boobies too and tried to latch her on. She was on pretty well but like I said, the damage was done and when I brought her home, I was crying at every feed! I was not a happy mummy so decided to put Madeleine on Karicare Gold Plus and haven't looked back since. Formula is not poison and some people make it out to be! I think whatever works for you and Bub, that's the main thing. Madeleine has put on 878g since leaving hospital! She's definately a little chubber and loves her feeds. Daddy can feed her too and it's great when he can get up and do a night feed and let me sleep. He really enjoys the time with Madeleine also.

So...I say use your intuition to do what's best for you and your little one. I certainly don't feel like I have failed in any way because frankly, Madeleine is a real sucker and I don't believe she was getting enough milk to start with!

I agree with you regarding the sleep! Even though you are dead tired, it is so worth every minute. I am so IN LOVE with my daughter!!!

thanks bindi

hey april, good to hear u and bodie are doing well !! yer had actual contractions last weekend so the doc says and that made me 1cm dialated APPARANTLY... and NOTHING since then... seems weird that things could be coming along so well and then just come to a complete halt all of a sudden... AND the doc said i wouldnt go over... i dont think he has any idea about anything...
    i didnt realize this would be so frustrating !

~Belinda~ Guest

Jess, It can be so frustrating and all you want to do is meet your little one!! I know the feeling. I'm so glad you are dilated though! That's good news.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast