Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #1

yer thats what i thought but here i still am a week later with no signs or anything! lol like i said i dont know how i can have them contractions and then they just stop!

well i will stop hi jacking the thread LOL and HOPEFULLY i will be in here soon...

~Belinda~ Guest

Jess, of course you'll be here soon. I thought I was having contractions on the Tuesday night before I was induced on the Wednesday actually! I was timing them and they were 7-8 minutes apart and then nothing! Went to bed and nothing more! I guess your body just prepares itself...it's so frustrating though I know. Are you looking at getting induced if you go overdue?

yer i was having BH's ect from like 36 weeks... and then i hit 39 weeks and everything stopped lol...
    yer will get induced i think... would rather go naturally but if it doesnt happen, well bad luck lol

~Belinda~ Guest

You hear some horror stories about being induced however...mine was fine and I laboured in 5 hours and it was my first! At the end of the day, you have something so wonderful in your arms so it's worth everything! Remember, every person's body is different, just because some people have had issues getting induced, doesn't mean you will....

Hi gang,
    Well, I finally made it !!! 10 days and 1 minute overdue and Celeste decided to join us. She didnt have a choice actually as we ended up an emerg c sect but we got her out safe and sound in the end.
    I was induced on the thursday night and her head was born at 11.59pm friday night, her body born 12.01am sat ! Dont be scared by the length of time from induction, as I wasnt in active labour all that time, actually it was only just becoming real active labour at around 9.30pm friday. It took 24 hours to get to 4cm having been already at 1cm when the first gels were put in.
    OOh bindy, I feel a bit jealous when I read how well your induction went. I guess I should have expected things to work out the way they did for us.... loooong time TTC, loooong pregnancy, looooong labour.... no surprise really !
    Question: does anyone who had a catheter in their hand (near the wrist knuckle) have a really sore vein still? I have had the drip line out since monday morning and it is still really sore and a bit swolen. Kind of has a hard ridge along it like a muscle in spasm.
    Sazz

sazz - my 'veins' have only stopped hurting and Mateauz is almost 3 weeks old. my friggen c/s scar is itchy like bugger! ahh it drives me mad.

I am so glad that we are not judgemental in here. We have all had issues and done things the 'un-natural way- eg formula feeding, planned and unplanned c/s and really who cares...we are all here, alive, kicking and loving every min of being mummies to our new babies. Bindy you are an absolute legend mate! You are so right with your words above! There are to many pressures on all mums to do on command. I feel terrified to tell people that I have had my 4th c/s cause I have often been looked down upon for not going the right way. I felt the same way when I had to formula feed my other 3 children as I had no milk with my first, my second didnt latch at all and my 3rd...well I to know about bleeding nipples and OMG mastitis! Sad when we have no choice in the matter. Im just happy I can breath easier in here knowing we all respect what we are doing and have done for ourselves and our babies. Everyone's support is much appreciated on my end! thanks a millins girls.

Ah bit emotional today....can you tell by the above pmsl. Im sittign here....singlet on, stinging nipples, hot as and I cant even go in the pool....ah what id give for a cool dip right now!

jess - Yep, I remember the last week I didnt feel pg any more.....I think Iw as just over the whole lot...hopefully its a sign that your gonna be in here by the end of the week......tuesday is onlt 3 days away.

Im gonig to put some snags and lamp chops on the BBQ - god it is australia day isnt it!!! maybe I should crack open a beer!!!!

Kristielee Guest

Hello girls
    Im Kristie I suppose I really should be in this thread as my little girl 'Jemma' was born on the 9th of Jan and my due date was 27th dec (12days overdue OMG hell!) so I hijacked the dec thread but it is soooo hard to keep up with them as there is sooo many so thought I might pop in here as well if thats ok?? Plus two of my belly belly girls are in here bINDY AND QueenMab

So anyway Hello to you all My Angel is doing really well giving me no grief really just first few days at home and now in a routine of 3hrly feeds at day roughly (but think a growth spurt is here as wanting more bb all the time) and then 4hrly feeds at night She is growing great too 320 in 9days Wow since health nurse last checked her little guts and grown 2.5cm since birth so very happy Mummy!

Sounds like you all are going through similar issues and yes I am doing 2 formula feeds a day one in morn and one at night to give my bb a break and I dont really like b/f engorgement and the feeling... but did it with my First 'Riley' gorgeous littleman for 8months and found it very hard to wean him off it! So this time she's going on bottle early so if need be weddings or dinner plans I can leave her with my Mum and know she is happy with a bottle I have found these great bottles that are like the breast so she is not confused also.

Anyway hope to chat again soon and Jess goodluck with going into Labour I so know how waiting feels being 12days over myself ended up getting a c/sec as it was never happening for me naturally I dare say!

Anyway Hello to all bbl
    Kristie

Hi guys I'm finally here I kinda got side tracked with feeding, sleeping NOT and all that comes with a new baby.. I'm trying to catch up on all the goings on since I've been away so I wont do personals till I read through all the thread..

Luca and I are doing realy well, feeding is going good NOW (earlier ouchy sore nipples of the toe curling variety) Still a bit mixed up with day and night sleeps and wakeful times but finally he's working it out as I've had 2 good nights YAY!! anyway I'll be back soon having a lovely family BBQ tonight Luca's first

~Belinda~ Guest

Sazz, trust me, I expected the induction to be way longer, I guess I was pretty lucky glad your little one made an appearance, you sound well and happy and I'm so glad

Maz, unsure about being a legend but thanks all the same. I totally agree with you. There is so much emphasis on what's to be done these days when you have a new baby. I think as long as you are both happy then that's all that matters. I think if I were to have continued breastfeeding when I was that sore, I would have ended up down in the dumps and that's certainly not a path I wanted to go down. Snags and lamp chops sound yummo, especially because it's Aussie Day! Why not have a beer too! I'm having a midori/malibu/lemonade as we speak, ahhh, relaxing.

Kristie, hey buddy (belly buddy!), so glad you joined this thread. Really happy you are doing well

Joralyd, great that you have joined us, have a great BBQ tonight. Really happy you are doing well.

Well, can you believe my little Madeleine has slept since 4pm! I'm really happy as I've prepared dinner and it's ready to go into the oven! I even made a salad! DP is at work today so I have a yummy dinner all ready for him, he has been doing sooooo much for me lately, washing, cooking, cleaning, feeding in the middle of the night when I'm tired etc etc etc, he deserves a nice dinner!

Madeleine has been a bit grizzly today so would go down in her bassinette and wake every 10 minutes for a cuddle and I would put her down again, I must have done that 20 times today! But from 4pm, she's been asleep! YAY! I just adore her so I don't get that stressed about it all!

Have a lovely night everyone.

Love Bindy xo
    Last edited by ~Belinda~; January 26th, 2008 at 06:43 PM.

Hi ladies, sorry to crash your thread again.

I am waiting here somewhat impatiently for junior to come. I am a bit like Jess today. No pains, junior is happily moving around. Not feeling like he/she is ready to come out.
    If I do go into Feb, I am still coming in here because I know so many of you girls already.

I hope you are all going great guns and I am jealous!

jen and Jess - you girls hav eno choice but to come in here even if you do go and give birth in Feb..We'll come and drag you back pmsl...I hope that you have your babies soon, you both must be so over it by now...big hugs

HI ya Kristie..i had my little man a day before you. I have given Mateauz expressed Bmilk in his advent bottle for the last 2 days of a night time casue I want him to be use to a bottle just in case aswell. I expressed 60ml this afternoon, he galped it up at 5pm and I havent heard from him since (omg its 9 now $hit) WTG on bfing this time round again. This is my first time lucky (after having number 4) otherwise it was formula feeding for me.

Tiff - so good to hear from you hon and that Luca is going great guns. Have you used any cloth nappies yet - have to ask...were did you get Luca from...i totally love it! You know what im like with unusual and different names. Doee his name have a family meaning at all? Hope you enjoyed your BBQ out.

Bindy - is Mad full of wind??? I find that Mat is the same, I pick him up and he does this huge fart and goes back to sleep. checky little buggers....and OMG did you know yourself when she slept so long????? Im folding washing (I have a BIG mountain of it)

I have totally forgotten how much newborns poop!! its such a lovely yellow grainy colour to that stains.....we have already wrecked a light blue muslin wrap cause we were getting changed and decided it was a good time to let a projectile poo go!!! atleast is missed me (for now)

ok back to the washing

Maz - I know what you mean re; the Caesarean thing! I have friends who went the 'natural' way & I gotta say I felt such a lot of pressure in some ways when it came the question of which way I was going to go. I just tried to avoid talking about it til one of them just asked me point blank! Then I told her straight I was going with the caesarean! What does it really matter at the end of the day as long as there is a happy Mummy & hthy bub??? And its the same with formula versus breast. Some women have an easy time of it and dont exp' the pain associated with attachment problems etc. so its easy for them to be judgemental toward women who have opted for formula. But if they had exp'd split, bleeding nipples then they wouldn't be as quick to judge! Makes me angry really...

April - I'm the same as Bindi really. I bottle & breast feed bub. But he gets more bottle than boobie because just like with Cara my supply isn't that great! You do what is best for the both of you & formula feeding is fine! As long as you're both happy thats the main thing

Tiff! - Nice to have you back I had been wondering when you were going to come back and talk to us,lol. Its nice to spend family time though with the new addition I am very much in awe of our little man!

Jess/Jen- We dont want either of you slipping over into the Feb bubbies thread okay! Stay here with us even if you do go over afterall you know us hey

Bindy - With my 1st born Cara it took me awhile to actually venture out with her honestly,lol. I just didn't feel confident enough & thought that she might start screaming & everyone would turn and look at us! Gradually build up on the time you take her out for and you'll soon feel better about it all.

Kristie' - Nice to have you on board, WELCOME And as you say you have 2 other buddies here so we're not all strangers to you & you'll soon get to know the rest of us soon...

Sazz - Gr8 to see you here! I also had an emerg Caeser with my 1st born Cara 'cause she was in distress with her heartrate all over the place. As long as bub comes out nice & safe thats all that matters,hey?!

Better go!
    BBL

s361768 Guest

Hi GIrls, I thought I would come into this thread and say hello, I am eagarly awaiting not being pregnant.

I hope I am welcome - I joined in on the Jan belly buddies thread too late, so I don't really have anyone to talk to.

I am due on Feb 2nd so I hope once my baby is born I can come in here and join you.

Karen

Hi Ladies,

Not much to report from me today, my family (Mum, Stepdad, teenage bros & little sis) are here atm... Scally was unsettled again last night so I just bfed CONSTANTLY in bed with her until she finally went to sleep around midnight... *yawn*.

She is sleeping in her cot atm (well if you can call being down for 5 mins sleeping lol) as she has developed a complete & utter hatred for her basinette & will NOT sleep in it at all, so yesterday I tried her in her cot & she slept most of the day quite well in there, well better than not at all in the basinette, then she slept with me in bed. Whatever works lol.

Nothing much else is happening... oh, Scally might be blind from the 1001 photos my Mum has been taking of her, but that's it....

Oh, Hi Kristielee!!! Welcome darling!! *hugs* Don't like to hear how your angel is sleeping so well at night... not when Scarlett isn't & is just one day younger lol!! (Yeah I'm jealous... what's it to ya?! )

not to be rude karen, just wondering why u didnt join the feb belly buddies since ur due in feb..? me, jen and loren will be coming in here only cuz we've been in jan the jan thread since day 1 and are due in jan and know everyone so well lol

Karen - never know you could come early like a few of us here have

s361768 Guest

Jess, Jen and Loren - yeah sorry to gatecrash your thread, am due on Feb 1st by ultrasound dates (for some reason I posted in my last post 2nd of Feb) and Jan 31st by my dates I didn't think that it was such a big deal where I posted as I am in my third trimester and due in 5 days anyway. I wasn't getting responses to posts so I can only guess it is because I haven't been here since day one of my pregnancy. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!!!

I won't post in any of the Jan threads anymore I apologize.

Karen

~Belinda~ Guest

Jenjams, don't you hate the waiting!! I hope your Bub is here soon.

Maz, I used to think 8 hours sleep was not enough! I loved my sleep ins! Oh what a shock it was when Madeleine came along. I can't believe how sleep deprived you get! But it's all worth it when you look at their little faces.

Hindonly, yes I will have to venture out soon with Bub! I should stop being such a chicken...

Karen, welcome hun. I hope you meet your little one soon! Don't apologise! You are very welcome here

Queen, sorry to hear your little one hates the bassinette! Madeleine did too like crazy a couple of days ago. I was putting her in the bouncer all the time because she loved it that much! But then we decided to put her down in the bassinette after every feed and she's taken to it pretty well now. She'll grizzle, I'll go in, pat her and walk away. Few minutes pass...she'll grizzle, I go in to pat her and walk away. We've perservered but OMG!! Whatever works I say!

Not much else to report, Madeleine has been sleeping a bit today, giving her a bath soon...oh she's just so gorgeous but I'm bias.

Have a good night, talk tomorrow.

Love Bindy xo

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast