Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #7

Hi all!

Welcome to Kokomo & Krystal. It's good you have joined us... the more the merrier!

It's been quiet in here today.
    A few of you have said your bub's are teething, and I was wondering why Bodie had been sooky, has pink cheeks, drooling alot, putting his hands in his mouth. He definately has the symptoms so he must be teething. I thought he'd have a few more months before that happened but I heard they can start pretty early.
    Might go and buy some teething gel (bongela) from the chemist soon.

Tascha: Yes alot of us here had a 3rd degree tear. Mine cleared up pretty quickly. When I went back and had my check-up the doc said I have to do my pelvic floor exercises because I was a bit loose (if you know what I mean-- sorry TMI!). I have been pretty slack in doing them, but I try to most days.

Bindy: In regards to work, I think I might go back to work at the start of next year part-time, about 3 days a week. That's only if I can put him in day-care only 1 day a week then the others maybe my mum or MIL? Not definate yet. What are you thinking of doing?

Nik: How cute are Amy's pics! She's got alot of hair. Bodie's a little baldy, but I didn't have much hair until I was 6 months.

Well I might go and get Bodie weighed tomorrow, he hasn't been done in a month. Would be interesting to see actually, he's such a chubber now. hehe

Hope you all have a great night & get lots of sleep!

April & Bodie xo

Default Hello :)

Hello fellow mums,

It's great to be online with mums who had bubs around same time as I did!
    My DD Amelie was born on the 18th of Jan.

I have a Q...has any of your bubs started to BF for less than an hour? Like 20 min?
    I'm wondering (& eagerly waiting) for the day when she changes her feeding duration from 1 hr to less!

Also, has any BFDG mum experiencing their bum not gaining enough weight?
    My bub's not losing weight but seems to be gaining less than 150g per week so I'm concerned and will make an appointment with ECHC to see a nurse.
    But she's very alert and holds her neck (been doing it since few weeks ago) so I'm not so worried about her development in that area).

Thank you~

Thanks for the welcome all, much appreciated!

lunesoleil - My night feeds are generally no more than 15 minutes, sometimes quicker. My boobs are so so full and the milk just comes flying out, and I get two let downs in that time. She always does both breasts too. I have expressed at night sometimes and given her the bottle, and I know that both boobs have at least 200mL in them, so I assume she gets at least 150-180mL of that, as expressing only takes 7-8 mins. Does that make sense?

Claire would stay on the boob for longer if she could but I know the difference between her just sucking it for comfort and actually getting a feed out of it.

RE weight: Claire also gains no more than 150gms, which I'm not worried about.. she is over 6kg already, as she was born 4kg. She's healthy and happy and generally sleeps well. I wouldn't worry about it unless you think she looks underweight, if that makes sense. Claire doesn't have a lot of fat on her, but she is a long baby (65cms as of last week!)
    Last edited by kokomo1978; April 1st, 2008 at 08:00 PM. Reason: adding to post

~Belinda~ Guest

April, I'm not returning to work I'm getting Madeleine weighed today too, HAPPY 3 MONTHS MADELEINE!!! She was around 7kgs at 9 weeks!

Lune, sorry I can't offer any advice, Madeleine is a formula fed Bub and has been since 2 weeks.

Madeleine actually slept through from 9.30pm until 6.00am last night. Hmmm....all this past week she's been waking for a 3.00am feed. Before that, she was sleeping through for weeks. I feel so energised today!

Have a great day everyone.

Bindy and Madeleine xx

Hi ladies,

I didn't realise I hadn't posted in here for so long! It's been busy! Have had a couple of not so good days with Amy. She's really grizzly and doesn't seem to be eating as much as she was. Apparently they reduce the amount they eat at about 3 months but I just wish she would eat more! But I just have to accept that she's eating what she wants to. I'm such a worry wart. She has a lot of happy time but then it's like someone flicks a switch and all of a sudden she gets really cranky. I've tried to watch for tired signs but always seem to get it wrong! Maybe once in every four times I'll get it right. this motherhood thing is tough! Hehehehe. But hey, it can't be peachy pie all the time can it!? She's been waking up at 4am lately and I have to settle her back to sleep. It's very tiring but I refuse to feed her then because I know that she's not hungry. Most of the time it's because she's managed to wriggle out of her wrap. I wonder when she'll be able to sleep without being wrapped.....i bought her a sleeping bag yesterday but it's a bigger size for winter. Anyway, enough from me.....

kokomo - welcome to you and Claire! Your little girl is one day younger than my Amy! This thread is great. A lot of us have been together through belly buddies so we can talk a lot sometimes! That's great you have the option to go back part time. My old job is in Brisbane and I don't want to commute so we're going to try to do the one income thing for as long as possible.

Bindy - I'd love to never go back to work but unfortunately the mortgage calls! Hehehehe. Am going to have as long as we can afford off though. Don't want to leave my little girl! I hope the 3am feed has finished for you! Ick.

Sazz - thanks for the reassurance. I'm not too worried but you do think about it when everyone else's bubs start doing things so early!!

Tascha - so glad your bbs have healed and Joshua is doing well :-)

Mary - I've heard those swings are really great. I'm tempted but don't want to spend anymore money!! Heheheh. Great you and DH got to have some quality time.

April - Thanks!! She does have heaps of hair and it seems to be getting thicker! I thought it was supposed to fall out! Bodie looks so big now and so handsome! I can't believe our bubs are over three months now.

lunesoleil - I love the name Amelie. Just beautiful. Don't worry about weight gain. Amy has never put on a lot of weight and she seems so happy all the time (except of course when she's tired or hungry!). She's only put on a lot of weight in one week since she was born. One week she only put on 90g and I was in tears in the clinic....but the next week she put on 470g! Bubs continuously test us but as long as she's happy she's fine. Honestly, if I never had Amy weighed I would assume she was fine. She's just not a big eater and she's ALWAYS wriggling and moving around so burning a lot of calories. That's how I explain it anyway. Plus Mark and I aren't big people either.....it can be genetic too.....I totally understand how you feel xx (Amy's part BF and part FF and STILL doesn't put on a huge amount of weight!! I had issues with my supply from the beginning....defective bb's!! Hehehe).

Ok, I'm going to have a cuppa with my DH now. Then we're going to see a friend in Brisbane! Hopefully Amy sleeps for the drive. Chat soon ladies! Luv Nik and Amy xx

Quote Originally Posted by NikW View Post
    kokomo - welcome to you and Claire! Your little girl is one day younger than my Amy! This thread is great. A lot of us have been together through belly buddies so we can talk a lot sometimes! That's great you have the option to go back part time. My old job is in Brisbane and I don't want to commute so we're going to try to do the one income thing for as long as possible.
    Thanks NikW! Too many job options are confusing. In reality I should just stay home and enjoy being with my bub. But I figure if I go back part time, in the long run I can have more time off.... (even if at part time) the choices do my head in!! Good luck with the one income thing - it's definitely a struggle in this day and age, but so worth it to have the extra time with bubs

LorenP Guest

Hi Everyone,

I finally got around to posting in this forum... plenty of excuses one being a bub who at 8 weeks still wants boobs every 2 hours except overnight.

Iwill be a SAHM until our family is finished unless something happens that necessitates me returning to work. fingers crossed that day doesnt come.

Bryce is a real cutie. He grows about 1cm and one pound each week! no wonder he is always hungry. He has a nice little temper on him too. He sleeps realy happily in his hammock but we wrap him up to sleep otherwise he sucks at his hands and wakes up. He keeps escaping from most of the wraps i have - even the huge ones, so mum and i are designing one that is more escape proof. I was going to use a ribbon tie like on the mamatoto site but am worried about it sliding up and getting around his neck. I will have to look up grobags to see if they have sleeves.

I didn't know babies got teeth at this age. I amm not looking fwd to that as i am having to reteach Bryce proper boob attachment. He had started clicking when he nursed, and would end up full of wind. I didn't figure it out until yesterday, so i have had to latch him on and off until we get it right. Lots of fun at 3 this morning as i had to turn on the light to get it right and he thought it was playtime. 90 mins later ....

Builders are getting closer to finishing our house. <The kitchen people shouldbe installing it in 3 weeks. woo hoo. I will be so glad to be able to move in as we have been shuffling between the shed, mums house and mil's house. I swear I have moved house 6 times since he was born. It will be worth the wait though.

Sorry for the essay. Everyones bubs look gorgeous. I have started a babysite for Bryce. I will try to put the link in my signature. Otherwise you can go to the babysite webpage and type in Bryce Pritchard. His hospital and first week pics are up... am i a slacker or what!

Hi everyone!

Loren, welcome back! Glad things are going so well. Adeline feeds 2-3 hrly daytimes too. She is a catnapper (30min sleeps) all day, but sleeps well overnight. Always waking for 1 feed.

Welcome lunesoleil, I have to say I also love the name Amelie. It was one of my absolute favourites but DH said it sounds too french for him. Adeline is a family name. We are bfing, and have shortened our feeds to about 15mins each boob, hugs on 1 hour feeds still. I think Addy has become so much more efficient. She has been putting on about 200g per week, but I think we are having our 12 week growth spurt at the moment cause her clothes are suddenly all tight. I have to get her weighed again soon. She was 6.1kg at 10weeks. by the way, loved the typo on "bum gaining weight". Also have that problem!!!!

As for work, I am lucky to have paid mat leave- half pay till May, then I am taking another 6 months unpaid, then will re-evaluate how I am feeling in regards to going back to work parttime. I think I will go casual and try 1-2 shifts a week.

Anyway, hugs to all
    Mary

~Belinda~ Guest

Will just have to ensure that we all still have adult interaction us SAHM's! Important!

Hey everyone!

I only just found out how good it is to read other mums stories/ experiences! I am the first in our little family to bf on demand and keep it up! My sister bf for a few weeks but as it took her daughter an hour to feed and then wanted to feed again after an hour and a half, she just gave up.
    Luckily I have plenty of milk and ds only needs 15 min to feed.

It's nice to see that it is apparently normal for babies to feed 2-3 hourly when they are b/f.

My problem at this point is, that i have to return to work on the 28th of April and MIL will be babysitting and I think she wants him to be on some sort of schedule, she's not really into the gentle parenting. She just wants to parade her grantson around and get attention from him rather then looking at his needs.
    And I have to leave him with her for 2,5 days per week. Unfortunately to a short cash supply I will have to work 4 days a week. I am looking for a different job to try and bypass this problem, so i can be home more often.

How are you doing with dh? I was hoping/ expecting he would be spending more time with us, now that his son is actually born but it seems that everything is important BUT his new family!
    Makes me feel very alone really specialy as we live in his hometown and I have no friends here.
    I was really hoping to start a family but so far it has more been just the 2 of us (bubs and me)

Sorry about all this negativity, I am working on turning this around into all positive, as I do believe in the power of the mind.

Thanks everyone for their stories, it is a great help meeting with ppl who think the same!

O yeah, the birth was quick and easy but rather painfull. I had false labour tho, once exactly 1 week before he was born and the night before he was born. Both lasted for 12 hours...! When he was born I called the midwife at 8.30 telling her I had the irregular contractions again. She came at about 10.30, noticed I was 2 cm dilated and did a stretch and sweep.
    At 1 pm I demanded her to come back and check me out as I couldn't stand the pain anymore (felt like my pubic bone was being torn in two and my back was killing me), she arrived at 1.30. at that point I was 6 cm. I went to the toilet and was soooo comfortable there that i stayed there for an hour (it took the pressure of my back) and after that it only took 15 minutes of pushing and there was our beautiful boy weighing 3490 grams and 51 cm tall, head 33 cm.
    Last edited by believer; April 2nd, 2008 at 07:31 PM. Reason: adding and rearraging text

wow i havent been on here 4 ages either! just get so caught up in mummyhood LOL !

welcome all the new ladies!

Jaylen had his needles 2day, EVERYONE was tellin me he was going to scream and be realy unsettled all day, when they put the needles in he cried for about 3 seconds, then they put the cotton wool on and he was fine! and has been normal all day! the nurses were amazed how good he was!

in regard to work, i might go back and do a few hours a week in a few months... dont want to be doing too much work, will end up worse off cuz the more i earn the more centrelink will take off me lol, i think i can earn about 100 b4 they take any off me so i might just do that

omg the weather was horrible 2day! soooo windy!

well jaylens asleep so i might head to bed too, hes been waking up twice a night the last few nights, so im a bit tired, i think hes having a growth spurt!

hope everyones well!

hello ladies

Im so sorry that I ahvent been in here...kick my big rosie buttox if you like!!!!

We have been doing physio and have made heaps of progress. We were also told that Mateauz will have trouble crawling and walking but hey we're not there yet so we'll wait and see.

ive also started up sewing again as a stress relief.

i cant get over how quickly the time is going. mateauz is already 12 week sold! He is still in 000 and weighs 4.7kg. Still a boobie monster but sleeps from 8 until 5 am.

going to try and keep on the ball

Sorry Ladies that i've been MIA like Jess i've been caught up in mummyhood & trying to be a domestic goddess . Feels like forever since i been in here.

From what i read:

WELCOME to our new mums & bubs they're all great ladies in here enjoy!, athough at times can become quite busy & chatty so if someone doesnt address you dont fret they may have just forgot or missed your post.

Sounds like everyone & their bubs are doing great!. Keep it up

Maz- great to hear little Matty is doing well with the physio, and i agree wait until hes crawling & walking to see whether he has any problems with them.

Jess- Sophie only cried a little bit when she had her needles and slept afterwards, didnt need any panadol and wasnt unsettled, we did wake up at 4am for a feed the following morning. I guess every bub is different and they react differently to things.

bbwish- my DF has also been a bit distant the last couple of weeks, doing what he wants when he wants to, caring on like a single man i've questioned him a few times about it and i've been told im being silly etc. I'm still not sure what h isproblem is, but playing poker & golf seem to be more important than his new family. I too feel alone as we live in QLD for his work committments and i have no real friends here only family thats close by is DF's brother & SIL, were originally from NSW i feel likes its just me & Sophie alot of the time too. So i know how you feel

Cant remember anything else grrrr mummy brain.

Sophie's going well she slept from 9pm last night until 8am this morning woohoo, so i'm going to stop topping her up at 10-11pm and see how she goes because i dont think she needs it. Notsure how much she weighs havent had a her weighed in 2 weeks but she was 5kgs then and as she averages between 300-500grams per week i wouldnt be suprised if she was close to 6kgs, the infant nappies are getting a little tricky to "do up" on her lately.

I'll try and come in here more just get distracted easily and sometimes Sophie wants cuddles when i try and post.

Yay more new Jan ladies and babies! Welcome!!!! Feel free to post daily or whenever. Lots of us are here heaps and lots of us only occasionally...

Celeste has been waking in the nights for about a week. I think she is having a wonder week: she is 10 + 1/2 weeks old so timing is about right. She is still mostly a happy thing but like Nik said, she turns to cranky in 3seconds flat. lol. She isnt feeding as well either. Just not herself really. Good thing it means a new stage of development is happening so its all worth it.

Funny little thing, she just made squarking noises in bed and I got up to bounce her hammock but when I got there she was asleep again. love that hammock.

Her feeds are much quicker these days. I noticed the difference really only about a week ago. She doesnt always take both sides in the day which makes her feed 2hourly a lot in the daytime but thats ok. It takes around 8 to 10mins for a side.
    She is much chuckier these days though too. Wonder if the nappy cuts into her tum when I sit her up to burp. Oh, thinking about it, it cant be that cause she does it lying on her lambskin for a kick too...

My DH went through a stage a while ago of not being home and helping much. I had to have a talk with him. Of course he thinks he helps heaps but I do need to give him a nudge. Like I will ask if he wants to hold her and he says yes but expects me to take her over to him. I just give him the look and make him come and get her. That kind of thing. Dont think he's changed her in a month. Funny how if he is looking after her while I shower or something, he is incapable of doing anything else like getting dressed or putting the dishes away. I wonder how he thinks I get things done in the day?

For those feeling lonely I would really recomend you get into a mums group IRL. I have found mine fantastic. Although I live ina small town and kind of knew who most of the ladies were before having our babies, I wouldnt have been confident to go and chat to them. Now we are making friends and planning on getting together to go for walks etc. Really important for talking about the kind of things we chat about in here too.

Celeste is now able to reach out and grasp a toy like her coloured rings, and bring them to her mouth. Only a week or so ago she would only bat at them. And two days ago she figured out how to make her bouncer bounce on her own. She was so funny, concentrating on using her left leg to get it going. And boy was she pleased with herself.

I had to buy shampoo for her finally. All her hair has come back and is thickening up now. I noticed it had the dirty hair smell so got some yummy organic gaia stuff. It really brightens the colour too... might steal it for myself hehe.

Yay on Mats physio Maz. You are doing such a great job! Celeste is slightly smaller than him still. Had her weighed yesterday and she is 4.48kg. She gained about 120g/week the last month. Not heaps but still gaining and so happy.

oops, except for just now. gotta go

Hugs to all

Welcome back Loren, Maz, Jo & Jess!

Welcome bbwish!

This morning I actually had to wake Bodie for a feed at 6:00am! Never had to do that before. He went to bed at 10:00pm so that's great for him (and me too hehe). I wonder how long he would of slept if I didn't wake him... hhhmmmmm.

Have brought all the new Tommee Tippee teats for his bottles now seeing he's 3 months. It's definately going down alot faster now, but he still has to get used to them as he dribbles the milk a bit.

Went and got Bodie weighed yesterday. He is 6.6 kg's. I asked the nurse about his blocked tear duct and she said just to massage the duct. Has anyone else got this problem with their little ones eyes? He seems to always have a tear running down his cheek.

Sazz: I've been using Gaia shampoo/body wash for a while now. It makes them smell so yummy hey. Bodie hasn't got much hair but I still use it hehe.

Better get going.

April & Bodie xo

well jaylens been tired as all day, hes been sleepin heaps, had to wake him up b4 for a feed! nurses said that might happen after his needles tho! he slept great last night !

not sure what he weighs, gettin him weighed next wed, wouldnt suprise me if he was like 7kgs or sumfin haha fatty..

april - jaylen hasnt realy got tears yet, maybe cuz he like NEVER cries lol, cries when hes REALLY hungry, thats about it!

well i havent got much to say lol! omg hes 2 months old soon AHH the time is going sooo quick i cant beleive it!
    xx

OMG I am soo jealous when I hear your stories of bubs sleeping for hours on end! Sander wants a feed every 2 hours or so during the day and every 4 hours during the night! No rest for the wicked thats for sure!

Sazzafraz, thanks for the tip, but I live in Holland and we dont have mothergroups here. We do have prenatal/antenatal classes which I took, but no one seems to care to exchange stories and keep in touch really. I am thinking about starting a mothersgroup tho, but in a few weeks ?'ll have to return to work for 4 days a week so I dont think I will have the time really!

Sander wasnt too bad after his needles, just really sore legs which I gave him a paracetemol for and he slept more and fed more frequently. No fever or anything thank goodness.

Bonham, my dh expects me to bring bubs to him aswell and when i tell him to look after him so I can shower and get dressed, he puts him in his playpen (in Holland they look like square cots with adjustable heights) and goes outside for a smoke! No matter if he's screaming at the top of his lungs! So much for a relaxing start of the morning! He just walks away. I couldn't do that, must be the difference between mums and dads. He sleeps right through the loud crying at night too!

Oh well, at least I am getting all the precious moments now!

Smile Thanks!

Hello~
    Thanks for the replies and assurance I really appreciate it!

Hawksey - My DH & I prounce the name differently! I say it in French way.. and he just says "Emily" - now, everyone around us are confused! When I insisted on the French prounciation he just said "we'll let her choose when she grows up!" :P

Nikw - Hehe I'm thinking too that she's really active- thus - lean hehe...but I've noticed that for last couple of weeks she's really been sleeping during the afternoon feeds instead of sleeping in between.... I really have hard time trying to wake her up...and getting her to sleep between afternoon feeds - anyone have good suggestion?...Since she's doing that I think she doesn't take milk when she's supposed to

Kokomo1978 - My feeds are still 1 hr.. I've only just started Xpressing and have frozen only 4 cups worth.. so still a beginner...few days ago I XP'd 110ml from 1 breast which she did not feed from. This breast was engorged as I hadn't fed her over night...but my breasts never feel full like this for the rest of the day.. . so I'm thinking.. may be she really needs to work 1 hr on the breast to get the milk...if she has less than 1 hr on the breast she gets cranky and I end up putting her back on the breast May be my supply is not as abundant! my boobs are smallish (I know they say size has nothing to do w/ the milk supply but since it has something to do w/ the amount of storage, it still has to do something w/ it I reckon!!!)

My DD started sleeping through the night (0:30-7/9AM) since sometime in Feb and I felt so blessed to be able to sleep through the night!
    But now since I'm concerned about her lower the ave weight I've decided to wake up at 4 every morning to give her 10 min top up feed while she sleeps starting this morning.

Last night she won't sleep til 1AM so I thought stuff it, I'll start tomorrow and turned my alarm off....BUT! my sister sms'd me from France at 3:50AM and woke me up! I thought... God is trying to tell me something...I need to get up and feed her!.. So I did...and glad I did...and will do again tomorrow morning.. (I hope!) Hope this will put some fat on her
    She's 11 wks tomorrow and @ 10 wks she was 4.6. Her discharge weight was 3.21 or something...

Woo she's getting cranky.. betta go...
    caio~

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast