Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #7

Hi ladies,

Sorry for lack of personals but only have a few mins and I am so exhausted. Amy was in a really good routine for ages where she would wake up once for a feed at midnight and then go back to sleep about 5am. Now she's decided that she doesn't want the midnight feed and wants to wake up at 2, 3 or 4am and not go back to sleep. Last night she woke up at 2 and didn't go back to sleep until 4 and then woke again at 5.20am (which would be fine if I hadn't been up for 2 hours trying to get her back to sleep!) Has anyone else noticed a change in sleeping habits once bub hit the 12 week mark?? I'm hoping it's just a phase and all will improve as it's been going on for almost 2 weeks now and doing my head in.

April - definitely email me your number. I'll come down and 'do coffee' with you when you're in Cooly xx

Madelon - Here we were complaining about it being 24deg!! hehehehe. Love your pics :-) I also added you on Facebook. About the head thing, I put Amy facing the other end of her cot and that seemed to help. I swap the ends that she's facing all the time when I put her down to try to avoid the flat head thing. Luckily she cooperates.....Not sure about the flaky scalp. I will see what I can find out.

Jo - thanks for the get well wishes. I'm starting to feel better thank goodness.

Victoria - I know how it feels to leave bub. It is really nice to have time alone but you just spend the entire time thinking about them!!

Well, I'm going to go to bed and try to sleep this horrible sore throat away if Amy will let me tonight. I'm crossing my fingers but not expecting anything. Have a great night ladies xx Nik and Amy

~Belinda~ Guest

Nik, not sure about the sleep as Madeleine was waking at 3am for a feed (and she hadn't for weeks) but now she seems to have gone back to sleeping through. It would be annoying to stay awake at 2am until 4am though, you poor thing, you must be tired. I really think they do change at the 3 month mark though! Madeleine seems to be more whingey lately for no real reason, maybe she's frustrated about something, unsure I do hope Amy starts sleeping through soon for you

Hi Nik, hope your throat gets better soon, I accepted you as my very new friend! I will go see the physio about his head for some more tips, cause having the window/toys/me on his left wont work and neither does turning his head when he sleeps.

Bindy, yeah unfortunately I have to go back for 4 days a week! Not sure how I will cope as I am still soooo tired. Sander finally makes it through the night with only one feed after 11 so that is pretty good, but still.

Better be off doing some more cleaning (and laundry, will there ever come an end to that????)

Byebye!

~Belinda~ Guest

bbwish, when do you have to go back to work?

Hey BBwish,

Thank you for replying. Ill prepare for the chilly Know how much colder than we are used to here in Australia.

Ik spreek nog prima Nederlands. Maar het is niet gewelidig. Vooral typen.
    I was born in Tollebeek, Noordoostpolder. Between Tollebeek and Urk really. But my family live in Zeeland and in Overijsel.

Yep have facebook. A friend request has been sent to you!

Groetjes
    Tascha & Joshua

s361768 Guest

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would pop in and see how you are all going with your bubs. Francis is growing nicely. His brothers love him so much.

He has uterine blue eyes still, my other boys have brown eyes, but partner has blue and I carry the recessive gene for blue, so waiting to see if Francis will have blue eyes or a variation of blue.

My first two sons are right handed and my third is left handed, so it is interesting to see what comes out in your children.

Still plodding on with my part time study. Will be full time next year can't wait to get it all finished and to start working. Having to move out within 2 weeks so am going to be busy, I hate moving but the owner is selling the place. Have found the rental market tough. So moving 15mins out of town. But only signing a 6 month lease to give us time to find a more suitable place in the suburbs.

Hope you are all doing well

Will keep popping in to chat

Love Karen

~Belinda~ Guest

Hi Karen, great to hear from you, I am glad Francis is doing well. It will be interesting to see if he is stuck with the blue eyes. What are you studying?

Good luck with your new place, we have an investment property and have just put the rent up so I don't think you'd like me much LOL! It is tough out there at the moment. Interest rates I HOPE will come down next year, not holding our breath though!!!

Hey Bindy, I have to return on the 28th of April, so only 2 more weeks of holiday
    Luckily it's only (?) 3 days that week, due to the Queens birthday. So I can take it slow. We only get 16 weeks of mat leave in Holland. 6 before the birth and 10 after. I had also saved 3 weeks of vacation thank goodness. the only good thing in Holland is, is that we are allowed to use a quarter of our time to express milk at work and that they have to provide a private room for us. So thats good. Government is finally thinking about extending the mat leave to a year so hopefully that will happen! (you know for next time if we get that lucky again)

Tascha, how old were you when you moved to Australia? You say you are preparing for the chill? Does that mean you're coming over? Where abouts in Overijssel does your family live? My sister lives in Enschede. Your Dutch is still good! Prolly better than my English (specially with my humungus baby brain...)
    I am so envious of everyone who was able to make the move to Australia, I wont be able to do that I think, dh doesnt want to. I was in Australia in 99 for a year (working holiday) and it feels like home really. Holland has been a strange place ever since I came back. Thank god for the internet and being able to listen to the Aussie radio that way

Sander was very fussy yesterday, only slept for about 3 hours in total during the day and he was very restless during the feeds. Overnight he fed really well, but this morning he just kept throwing up after breakfast! He just had his second feed and so far so good. He's sleeping again now, I think today he will make up for the missed sleep yesterday.
    He still has his beautiful blue eyes aswell, up to when can the colour change?? dh and I both have greyish blue eyes. He's now heading for his 12 week growth spurt and loves sleeping in my arms atm. We're having a lazy saturdaymorning, I felt I deserved one! Laundry will have to wait untill this arvo. 2 more loads, some vacuuming and thats it for today. Bugger it!

Thanks everyone for adding me as their friend on facebook!

morning everyone!

bbwish - i duno when their eyes change, Jaylen has blue eyes atm too. u poor thing having to go back to work! i so couldnt go back to work yet, dont wanna miss his firsts of everything lol... jobs should have more paid maternity leave or something, being a mum is a new JOB lol

bindy - ohh rent is so much atm! so sick of everything going up! no1's getting paid anymore but rent, food, bills, petrol ect are sky rocketing!

nik - yer jaylens sleeping habbits have changed

well jaylens having a rough patch i think, been waking up a few times a night and not sleeping much during the day.. usually he just sits in his bouncer but the last week or so he just want to be held ect! but thats ok hehe.. i have to start putting him in his cot of a daytime i think, so he gets that cot equals bedtime! and i think hes gettin too used to sleeping in the bouncer...
    hes got a bit of a cold too i think so maybe thats why too! is there anything they can take 4 a cold, or should i just leave it and let it go away by itself?

well hes asleep amazingly, doesnt usually go back to sleep after the 5-6am feeds, sooo i better go do some housework!

Hi everyone

Have had a busy week, so havent been on much but have read the email updates of evryone!

Madelon, have figured out its you and done the facebook thing!! Great photos!

Hi to all the girls, sounds like the bubs are going well.

We are continuing to have micro naps in the daytime but she wakes up smiling and happy, so just trying to relax and think she only needs small sleeps. She still gets so grizzly in the evenings though and it takes a few hours to get Addy asleep. But then she is still sleeping so well, only waking once in the night for a feed and even slept through twice last week. The pattern doesnt seem to have altered as she has passed the 12 week mark last wednesday. But there is still plenty of time!

Addy continues on losec for reflux and seems to be much happier most of the time from that.

We still use our MCN daytimes when I remember, and disposies out, nights and when dad changes the nappy!

Good one Jo, Sophies rolling over, means you will need to be on your toes with her now!!. Addy looked close last week, but not yet! She loves being on the mat and madly kicking and really reaching out for things and grasping objects. Its so great watching each new thing, isnt it?

I have been getting away saturday morning for a few weeks now, for some shopping/coffee time free from bub, its quite nice but I love going home to her too! She will have a few mls from her ebm bottle while I am gone but really just plays with it then just wants boob the second I get home!

Have a lovely week everyone, sorry if I missed any interesting topics!

Hugs
    Mary

Hi ladies,

Am feeling much better and Amy slept through the entire night last night! She went down at about 7am and didn't wake up until 4.30am cos she got out of her wrap. I put her back to sleep and she woke up hungry at 5.30am. I so needed the sleep and I think she did too! I think I'm starting to get the hang of this mothering thing.....but then again, you think you've got the hang of it and then something changes!!

Bindy - you made me feel much better about Amy, cos Amy's been really whingey lately too. I'm putting it down to her being much more inquisitive and getting tired/overstimulated more quickly than before when she couldn't see or do much. It's so fun watching her learn new things every day though. worth the grizzles, that's for sure!

Madelon - Hope Sander's head habit changes soon. It's amazing the number of things you have to worry about with little bubs isn't it!? My friend's baby didn't get his eye colour until about 6 months.....it varies when bubs get their eye colour....Amy's still got her blue eyes too but they've lightened a lot compared to when she was first born. DH has beautiful blue eyes so I would be really happy if she inherited those.

Karen - great to hear from you! I understand how tough it is to study. I finished my masters not long ago and I swear I'll never go back to uni again. 5 years is long enough! The rental market is really difficult atm. I'm so glad we bought a house when we did. Wouldn't be able to afford it now. We too are putting the rent up on both our units as it is becoming very expensive to pay mortgages too!! I hope you guys can find something closer to the city soon. 15 minutes isn't too bad though. Great to hear everything is going well for you x

Jess - Just when you think they're sleeping is becoming regular, something changes doesn't it!? If Jaylen just has a blocked nose, I'd buy some Fess little noses. It's saline drops that soften the mucous and make it easier to drain...or you can suck it out but I never did. Amy's blocked nose lasted for a week. It could be from the immunisations. Amy got hers at that time too. You can elevate the end of his bed too (where his head is). We put the white pages under Amy's cradle which seemed to do a little bit, but I had to take it out cos she wriggled so much she ended up sliding down the end of the cradle!! Hehehe. I hope he gets better soon x

Mary - Great to hear Addy is going well. Gotta love the grizzles.

Well, better get going and do something useful while Amy is asleep. Her daytime naps are so short now so I have to race around and do stuff really quickly or it doesn't get done! Have a great day ladies! Luv Nik and Amy xx

Nik- your welcome for the well wishes. Glad your feeling better. WOOHOO on Amy sleeping through last night, hope she keeps it up for you. Sophie's still sleeping from about 9pm until 9am.

Karen- good to hear from you, glad everything is going well. We we're looking to move as we wanted something a little cheaper both for the rent & electricity bill, but we couldnt find anything decent so we're just staying where we are until something better comes up for rent OR we get a home loan and buy a house. One of the books i have here say babies eyes sort themselves out between 3 & 6months, Sophie still has blue eyes and they are about the same as they were when she was born. Both Chris & I have weird (mixed) coloured eyes so waiting to see if Sophie has 1 type of coloured eyes or a mix like mummy & daddy.

Madelon- Sophie has a bald patch on the back of her head & she has a flat spot, and so far i've just been trying to get her to turn to the right (flat spot is on the left) and sometimes she'll sleep with her head turned to the right but 9/10 she'll move, i mentioned it to the dr and he didnt seem concerned at this point just said to try and get Sophie to sleep with her head turned to the right & put her toys on the right. No problem i love checking out everyones photos and seeing our bubs grow, i added you to Facebook also. Sadly the washing is never ending, i'm forever washing our clothes, Sophie's clothes, towels etc.

Mary- Addy will sort herself out with her sleeps soon and i'm glad shes better since you've been using the reflux stuff. She's such a cutie. Yeah i'll have to have one eye on Sophie & the other on what i'm doing i'm sure Addy will be rolling in no time. Sophie's kicking all the time doesnt matter where she is bouncer, bassinette, on her mat she thinks its SO funny. I agree its SO great watching the new things shes doing, she hold little chew rings for a while, Sophie can hold her head up quite high now when she wants to. Thats good that you get away on Saturday mornings.

April- yeah i think getting mad at out DH/DF/DP is just part of the job of being a parent & the hormones. Yeah i bet you would miss Bodie too much if you left him behind while you & DF went honeymooning.

QM- oh good on you for leaving Scally with daddy for an hour while you went to the shops, i dont know if i could do that too use to having Sophie with me 24/7. FIL, his russian bride & her DD arrive this thursday so should be an interesting visit, the house gets cleaned tomorrow & i'll make the beds after the cleaners have left have to make myself feel useful. Hope you dont mind i added you to Facebook too. I think Maz is the only one of us that makes MCN's (correct me if im wrong).

Tascha- Nice to hear from you, glad Joshua is doing well.

Bindy- yeah you may change your mind, you may not.

Jess- sorry to hear Jaylen's having a rough patch at the moment. I've too been thinking of putting Sophie upstairs in her bassinette for her sleeps, but i have to work out how to answer the home phone with the room monitor on first new phones we only got them in February. Not sure what bubs can take for a cold. Hope he gets better soon.

HELLO to anyone i've missed, i hope everyone has a great week and bubs are good.

I forgot to say in my earlier post that i had a SMS from Kate yesterday, she hasnt had home phone or internet for 2weeks!!!!, her parents are in Tassie on the trip she got for them, BTK has a bad ear infection. She's really missing BB she asked that i tell everyone HELLO from her and she hopes to be back online this week otherwise she may go insane

Jealous of you guys' sleep... Scally is up all the time it seems like, if she goes down at 6pm then she's up at 7.30, 9, 11, 1.30, 3, maybe 4.30 then is woken up when DP is going to work at 5.30!!

Queen Mab: You must be buggered! I hope Scally gives you some well deserved sleep soon. Hopefully as she gets older she will get in a routine. Bodie sleeps through the night now and gets up from around 5am so he's not too bad.

Jo: Good to hear from Kate. Hope BTK's ear infection is getting better. Poor little fella.

Nik: Thanks for the text message. That's great you got a full night's sleep! Hope Amy sleeps like that again tonight.

Mary: Good on you for getting some time to yourself. Sometimes I will leave Bodie with mum or MIL and go get a pedicure or something. You just have to get out of the house hey. But you do miss them when your out, it feels very weird when their not there with you.

Jess: Have you tried baby panadol for Jaylens cold? Maybe this might make him settle before he goes to bed. Hope he gets better soon.

I've been feeling alot better and not as depressed today so I think it was AF hormones because it has just stopped. Oh well you get that, hopefully it won't be as bad next month.

Hello to everyone that I missed, welcome back Karen.

Anyways better get going and make bottles before I knod off!

Good night xo

April & Bodie

hey everyone

yer i got a msg from kate yesterday too but didnt come on here !

Jaylens better 2day, sneezed a few times but thats it!

queenmab - omg u poor thing u must be stuffed! im stuffed when jaylen only sleeps for like 4 hours at night lol!

hello everyone else

is anyone in a routine yet? some thing i just dont know what to do, like in the daytime i dont know whether to put him in his cot to sleep or just leave him in his bouncer like im doing at the moment.. i have tried a few times and he just wants to sit in his bouncer n watch tv lol.. ohh i think i will just let him do what he wants lol!

ok hes due for a feed soon, hopefully he will sleep like 10-4 or something, it annoys me cuz he doesnt go back to sleep if he wakes up at 4-5-6 or whatever! oh well hehe!

xx

Jess: Routine?? Whats that? I wish I could establish one but don't think it'll happen anytime soon...He sometimes feeds every 2 hours and at other times, there's 3-4 hours in between...

Queenmab: I hear you on the sleeping! Sander used to be pretty good, but now wont go to sleep at night unless I carry him untill he's asleep, then wakes up 2 hours later but goes back to sleep again. I wake him for a feed at 11, he then sleeps untill around 3 and then wakes up at 5 (i try to get him to sleep again then) and then at anywhere between 6 and 7. I am sooo in need of some sleep. Even if it is only 5-6 hours in a row!

Hi April, good to hear you're feeling better! Thank God AF hasnt returned here yet not looking forward to it!

Sander is still a bit spewy but its already getting better and he keeps his evening/nightfeeds down. I guess it's morning sickness! pmsl
    He's now getting excema (sp?) behind his ears and scratches it all the time so it bleeds. Apparently it might be a food allergy so no more chocolate, dairy (makes him throw up too) or strawberries anymore for me (bummer!! strawberries are my healthy candy)
    I got to cushion thingys for in his cot, so he can sleep on his side (trying to cure his flat head) but he wont fall asleep on his side, he hates it! I can only put him on his side once he's in his deep sleep then its okay. The physio will call me this morning for an appointment. Apparently they make housecalls when kids are still so young and there was an opening for this morning so hopefully she's coming over today!

Geez, my posts are getting long! hopefully my English isnt too bad!

Have a great night everyone with lots of sleep!

Morning everyone!

How is everyone going this week? Addy has had a little cold but it was only bad for 36 hours. She is sleeping in her swing right now.
    Weather is beautiful at the moment, lovely temperatures, clear skies. Whats is like in Holland Madelon?

Managed to go for a walk each day so far this week, so thats good. Start a 3 week baby massage course on Friday so looking forward to that.

Is anyone going to start their bubs at swimming lessons at 3 months? Addy is 3 months today! Happy 3 months Addy!!!
    I wanted to start swimming lessons now, but I dont know if she is big enough yet!! Maybe its just me not being ready!

Anyway, gotta fly, have a yummy mummy mothers group this morning, so have a busy one ahead.

Hugs
    Mary

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast