Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #7

Smile Hello :)

The weather in syd has been kinda cold and gloomy! We suddenly found ourselves lacking in warm clothes for Am! Also all these wonderfully pretty summer dresses she is yet to wear are just sitting in the drawer... May be we should move to sunny QLD

In my previous post I mentioned that I was concerned about my DD not gaining enough weight... I had an appointment with ECHC nurse yesterday and she assured me she's just smaller than other bubs and she's following the 25 percentile's growth so everything's fine. I've been getting up at 4 to give her extra feeds but she said I don't have to-YAY! I can get my long stretch of sleep back!

I guess I just have to put up with my mum and others comparing her to younger bubs who are bigger than her!
    But hihi.. I think she's definately the prettiest out of all the ones she gets compared to so hmm! Haha...

Amelie's FB pic link is Moonsun Miles's Photos - Amelie Miles! | Facebook

I hope those with cold can get better soon! The sudden change in weather has caught everyone by surprise!

From reading the posts sounds like some mums have met face to face~
    I think it's great to have this network!

Hi Hawksey, babymassage should be fun! Don't know about the swimming, I dont think she's to small though.
    Atm the sun is out here, but its cloudy as well. Temp this week is about 10-12 during the day and 0-3 at night. But the sun is warm so it feels warmer than just 10 degrees.

Have fun at your yummy mummy group!

~Belinda~ Guest

Hawksey, isn't it 4 months before they can go swimming? I have heard that but perhaps I'm wrong, I can't wait to take Madeleine swimming too!

Jess, Madeleine is sort of in a routine, she has her last feed at 9pm and then goes to bed and won't wake until about 6am for her breakfast. But through the day, she'll only go to sleep in her stroller or bouncer...she won't go in her cot.

Madeleine gets annoyed with her toys after about 20 minutes, is that normal for everyone else? She'll start getting really cranky and I have to take them off her.

Hope everyone is doing well! We're really great.

Love Bindy xxxx

Good morning ladies,

Amy woke up at her usual times last night but put herself back to sleep which was nice. I still woke up but didn't have to get out of bed and totally wake myself up which was nice. We'll see if she continues to do that. I don't get my hopes up anymore. She's been getting cranky not long after her feed since she turned 12 weeks, probably about half hour, 45 minutes and she needs to go for a sleep. I'm putting it down to her getting overstimulated by everything that she can look at now plus she's playing with toys and reaching out so I think she gets a bit frustrated too. It's so fun watching her learn things. Just amazing.

Jo - I would get heaps of sleep if I went to sleep when Amy does at 7pm! But way too early for me. Luckily I'm an early riser anyway so if Amy wakes up at 5am I'm ok with that. Sophie sleeping til 9am! That's great!

Victoria - Scally will eventually sleep through. I'm still waiting.....;-) Its hard when they wake up when DP goes to work early isn't it?! Mark gets up early for a surf and often Amy will wake up 2 min later.....quite frustrating!

April - glad to hear you are happier now. It definitely goes in cycles. I haven't got AF back yet but still get the tearies now and then. Looking forward to catching up with you!

Jess - the only thing routine about Amy is that she has her feeds at about the same time every day and goes to bed straight after her last feed at about 7pm. For the rest of the day there is no routine except that if she gets cranky I put her to bed. But I don't want her to have too much of a routine during the day cos it means that if I need to go out then the routine gets stuffed up. I always put Amy in her cot to sleep though, mainly cos I don't really have anywhere else for her to sleep! Hehehehe.

Madelon - I hope Sander's ecsema (sp?) gets better, poor little guy. That's great that the physio does house calls!!

Mary - Sounds like you are one busy mummy! All fun stuff too! I really want to take Amy for swim lessons too just to get her used to the water but haven't really looked into it. DH thinks it's too early yet. we'll see.

Lunesoleil - Amy is in the 25th percentile too. I know how hard it is when your bub gets compared with everyone else's. That's great you don't have to get up for feeds anymore! Yay! I've added you as a friend on Facebook. Amelie is so beautiful. Love the facial expressions that you've caught on camera!

Bindy - Amy is exactly the same as madeleine. It's like she's frustrated that she can't do more with them or something. I don't know what she wants to do but it is like she's frustrated at them. Not long after that I usually put her down in her cot and she goes to sleep. it's nice to know that it's normal though! They're confusing little tackers aren't they!?

well am gonna go have some brekky. Am hitting the gym this morning. MIL is coming to mind Amy. I think MIL lives for Friday mornings! Hehehe. Things have settled down a bit with her lately which is nice. I've noticed a tiny difference with my weight. I can actually do the zip up on a pair of pants that I couldn't do last week so hopefully that means progress! Can't do the button up yet though! Hehehehe seeya ladies. This post has gone on long enough! Luv Nik and Amy xx (oh no, more shots in a week and a half )

Morning!

Nik so great you are getting some time for the gym, I go to my pilates class on a thursday morning and the instructor holds or looks after Addy! We have managed 3 big walks so far this week, thats good for us!

Bindy, Aquatic achievers at Aspley does swimming def from 3 months, my sil says its really just getting used to the water at first though which is why a lot of people dont start till 6 months. I will have to go in with her which means i need new swimmers that fit!!

Lunesoleil, Amelie is beautiful, just let all the comments roll off you! Addy is in the high percentile I think 75%, but her cousin who is 1 month younger is already bigger and longer than her!Its all relative!

Hi to everone else.

Got texts from Kate too, she is good- still waiting for the reconnection of lines!

hugs
    Mary

Lunesoleil

Just looked at Amelies facebook pics- they are fabulous, love the cherry outfit and handmade bib.
    You are looking well too!
    I see what you mean about your friends bub- so big compared to Amelie, she is like a delicate flower next to him!

~Belinda~ Guest

Hawksey, oh cool well that's good then! I will have to take Madeleine soon too then, awesome

Morning everyone,

Swimming lessons is def something I am looking forward to. I was going to wait till 6 months.. But now hearing from Mary that you can go earlier.. I might find somewhere with a heated pool. BRRRRR

Mary.. I look forward to hear how the massage class goes!

Lunesoleil.. Loved the pic's. Such a cutie!! I agree with the size difference. It amazing to see how different babies can be. Not just in their measurements.

Madelon.. I was 12 when we moved to Australia. Was a huge difference. But I do understand how you would find Holland so different after being here. I have been back twice since and found it so different but so much fun. I eat myself silly with all the food you can't get here.. ESPECIALLY fikandel speciaal. OR rijst tafel. OMG!! Yes we are travelling back again. My DH's second trip. (he fell in love with Holland and cant wait) We are leaving on the 14th of May. But won't be in Holland till the 17th or 18th. Stopping at my parents in Dubai. My family live in and around "De Basse" quite close to Steenwijk. I hope I got my provinces right though!!! We are heading that way first once we get to Holland. I think your English is fantastic. I'm sure most ladies here would agree. Australian radio.. amazing that you can get it. I can get Dutch Radio.. but only via internet and then it's quite dull.

Joshua is kinda settling into a routine. Just not adhering to the same times everyday. Just preparing for the big trip overseas now. So lots of people want to catch up. Need to do some shopping. Start thinking of what to pack. Busy Busy Busy. But both Josh and I love catching up over a nice meal or cuppa with the Yummie Mummie's Club every week. Its just lovely!!

I have found a better bath soap and shampoo for Joshua. It has no soap and is no tears. He had bad rashes and stuff before on his face and upper body. His skin felt rough even after most of it went. This change of soaps has cleared it right up!!! And his baby smooth skin is back.

Ill be back later. Going to try and eat some lunch while the little prince is asleep.

HI ya girls

i am SO SORRY i havent kept up to speed. It doesnt mean that I dont think of you all...Ive just been so busy with the kids, apopintments and normal every day [email protected]

I will defently ATTEMPT to get in here once a day and post even if its to blow you all brown eyes...sorry I mean kisses ROFL

mateauz has become such a chatter box. he is still in size 000 clothes in most things but some size 00 clothes are starting to fit (ok they are really small sz 00) we've had a few appoitnments for him lately and have to have an ultra sound on his head to use as a new base key as he reached 3 months (something they thought he wouldnt do and something I didnt share with anyone). Only thing Pead could tell that he has cerabal palsy is that he sticks his tongue out all the time (its big) and pmsl, when the pead took of his nappy first thing he said was - WOW he's got a big one hasnt he. Ah not from his daddy though. Hes trying to hold his head up now a days and loves being outside and watching the tree's swaying and everyone around him moving. He has the checkiest grin in the world. He is still a boobies boy but has his one bottle of formula at night. Sleeps in his cot as Jed was worried as I wouldnt sleep with him in our room, I was to scared and would watch him sleep for a while there, all night. Im going to have to put a car seat in the car as he is getting a bit to big for the capsule (yep still in it).
    An the gastro shoot they give them at 2 months has already helped here. We all had gastro this week (me twice...not happy jan) but Mateauz didint get it at all..thank god!
    Ah enough from us

Hope your all well and im going to go over and try to refresh my brain...I see there's new chickies in here..so hello to you all and I hope I get to know you soon

and please some one kick my ar$e if I go AWOL for more then 3 days again

omg i just keep forgetting to come on here lol!

yer jaylen only sleeps in his bouncer in the daytime, not in the cot... shouldnt get into the routine of doing that but if he sleeps, thats all i care about ! hehe

glad everyones doing well! how quickly do they grow!!!

well i better go, my bday 2day so i have to go out to mums and get my pressie hehe! she got me something from Jaylen too hehe how cute.. and then shes looking after him 4 the 1st time OVERNIGHT 2morrow lol cuz im going to drink and go out clubbing ect, omg WORRIED!

xx

Happy birthday Jess hon - hope yourve had a good day babe!

Happy Birthday for yesterday Jess! Hope you got spoilt!

Hope your all well.

Getting married this time next week!!! Arrrrgh hehe Can't wait. Will be posting up pics for you all to see.

Sorry so short but typing 1 handed seems to take foreva.

Love April & Bodie

~Belinda~ Guest

Happy Birthday Jess, live it up tonight

Hi Jess - Hope you had a great birthday party and that the sleep over went okay.

Apes - How exciting, just one more week hey? Can't believe it was 2,5 yrs ago for me! Very curious about what you will look like, can't wait for the pics.

Tascha - OMG you're coming over! You're right, Dutch radio online is soooo boring! I am listening to mix 106.5 fm Sydney. That's an okay station really. Really weird tho to hear the traffic reports and recognize the roads their naming, knowing it's on the other side of the world! My friend's parents lived in Beerwah for a while, I stayed there for about 2 weeks, I remember the Glasshouse mountains, it really beautiful there! Most have been difficult for you tho, moving so far away when you're 12. Have a good flight! Is bubs coming with you?

Hey everyone else!

I feel really spoilt today cause Sander slept from about 10.30 pm till 6 am this morning! That means I had about 7 hours of uninterupted sleep ! I woke up at just before 6 and couldn't believe it was almost 6 and I hadn't heard bubs yet, so of course I got up to check if he was still alive and he was just waking up. So no cries this morning! Guess he's mostly over his 12 week growth spurt now. He's so adorable and chatty. I filmed him with the photocamera yesterday, will post it on facebook in a bit. Sooo cute.
    He's changed his pooing habits too, from 2-3 times a day to once every 2 days. Way cheaper
    I felt a bit sad the other day tho, I looked at him and thought: where did the last 12 weeks go?? Where's that little baby I gave birth to? Can't believe it's gone so quickly, and like in a dream. I wanted to enjoy this time with him so much and it feels like I havent spent enough time with him or something.
    My friend told me she was pregnant, and I am so envious! It is such a special time and it just flies by! I can only hope that God will give me another child, so I can relive it all over again iykwim.
    Ohh well, the ironingboard is calling again. So see you all later!

Billy Ocean Guest

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY JESS!!!

OMG, 3 weeks with no phone or internet. I've lost my mind!

I'm going to do my best to catch up tomorrow but welcome to the newbies and hi to everyone. I hope you're all doing well.

Lots of love,

Kate, Ocean and Billy
    x

hey thanks everyone! had a pretty good night! mum didnt drop jaylen off till about 1pm this arvo, i missed him heaps but it was good to have a break!

welcome back kate lol!

bbwish - i have a few mates who are preg atm too and im like, jelous, i want my belly back hehe!

well i better go, jaylens just gone to sleep and usually i wouldnt go to sleep till he woke up for his next feed at about 12 but im tired!

xx

Evening!

Well, not much to report here, sorted through Adelines clothes today and pulled out all the ones that had been too big and put away the ones that are now too small.
    There are clothes that may never get used, like pretty dresses in size 00 that are too summery for the weather, but she will be too big for later.
    Bought a few basics like white long sleeved bodysuit that maybe I can put the dresses over. Found the most gorgeous tights too. Kmart had 25% off baby clothes, that was great!

I also managed to put on and button up a pair of pre pregnancy 3/4 shorts today! Yeah! Walked across the park to the shopping centre which was good!

Anyway, hugs
    Mary

It gets so quiet in here now! Not much to report here. Have booked Amy in for her 4 month shots next week. Can you believe that we've reached that mark already?? Amy is growing up quickly. She's started reaching out and grasping her toys which is a big milestone for us! I know everyone else's babies have probably been doing that for months but hey at least she's getting there! We don't have to support her head anymore which is great. She has some great little conversations with me now too. The noises she makes are just adorable. She really sounds like a little girl too! No rolling over yet and she still hates tummy time but I'm really enjoying watching our little girl grow up.

Mary - sounds like you are doing plenty of exercise. Good on you! Doesn't it make you feel so much better!? It's a bummer when you have to pack away the beautiful clothes when they've barely been worn.

Bindy - why the change in screen name?

Tascha - that's so great that Joshua's rashes have cleared up.

Maz - Amy is still in 000 too but is slowly getting into some 00. pmsl about Mateauz's willy. That's hilarious. So great that things are going wonderfully. Really good to hear from you x

Jess - Happy birthday for the other day. Sounds like you had a blast. Good on you x

April - Oh my god, your wedding is so close now. Can't wait to see pics of you and little Bodie all dressed up!

Madelon - it's funny how you get jealous of pregnant women isn't it? My friend told me the other day she's pregnant and I'm so happy for her but a little jealous too because I remember how great I felt and how excited I was. we'll start trying for a second one once I get my figure back (if ever) and once the memory of the first 8 weeks of newborn hell fades hehehhe

Kate - WELCOME BACK!!! we missed you!! Looking forward to hearing what you've been up to and how Billy is going x

Well, I'm baking today so better go check on it in the oven. Hope you are all doing wonderfully xxxx Nik and Amy

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast