Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - December 2004 #3

Kelly hope Asha is ok. I saw on the news that doctors are warning of an outbreak of rotavirus particularly among babies and the elderly. I certainly saw that at the hospital the other day - there were at least 3 other small children with vomiting in emergency.

Grace is pretty much back to her usual self now, except she still has no appetite. I am wondering whether to get her a supplement or something, but she is improving every day so I think she will probably be eating like normal within a few days. Apparently it can take a while for the virus to get out of your system.

Michelle - arrgh christmas! I do love it but IKWYM about the stress. I have been thinking that it would be a good idea to get the present shopping done now before I have the baby but the last thing I want to do atm is go to the shops! I have told DH we will just get vouchers for everyone! LOL. He doesn't like them as they are not 'personal' enough but personally I love getting them, and it would be so much easier.

I have been trying to get a new tmx elmo for Grace's birthday but of course they have sold out everywhere. I have put an order in on Kmart Direct their internet shopping thing and I may still be able to get one, if they can get more stock in. Otherwise it will have to be a xmas present!

Hope everyone is well

hi girls - just a quick post to say we're still alive - sorry dont have time for personals
    i had a scare last week with some bright red bleeding so have been taking it easy & had a scan monday morning & all is good - have a blood sac above the uterus that is called implantation bleeding that may or may not bleed again - at least i saw little peanut & it waved an arm bud!!! heartbeat was 174bpm - eliana is growing up way too fast can count to 10 & backwards but gets a bit lost around 6 - is good with the alphabet (her version like d for daddy, m for mummy etc) she is still teary when left at child care though loves her day there when she goes over that - she said "i love you" last night & it brought me to tears! we are going to surfers for the week from monday - my best friend is coming up with her 5 year old & 7 week old boys so will be great to catch up & relax a bit
    anyway hope everyone is doing well

Wow Melissa, Eliana is growing up way too fast! Glad everything is OK with you now though.

OK Bon, can you please tell me what the heck is a TMX Elmo? I have heard heaps of people raving about it, but I can't figure out what it does differently to to 50,000 other Elmo's there are LOL.

Paige has finally worked out how to undo her nappies!!! She wears knickers quite a lot now anyway, and has shown some interest in going to the toilet, but we are still a way off yet. I got some of those Wiggles toilet wipes for her yesterday to try to encourage her to go to the toilet too. She is just growing up way to fast for me now. Her speech improves everyday and she really knows how to push Lindsay and Erin's buttons LMAO.

HI girls

Mel glad things are ok with your bub.

Hope everyones bubs stay off the sick list. Jess has a runny nose again and is very rough on the skin (a bit of excema). I went to a supplier today and brought stuff arron has been working on his car all day. My house is a mess and a gf is dropping up inthe morning but I am very tired, finally got to the gym tonight, haven't been since friday. Did most of my program, but it was awful cos I had eaten dinner and just felt sick.

Jordan lost her ipod yesterday and after searching the whole house it turned up in one of her clothes drawers at 11pm last night. She is at a friends tonight. Josh and jemma are still up, so I better go and et them to bed.

hello to everyone

Hi all

Sherie - a tmx elmo is the new tickle me elmo, except he is new and improved! He giggles (of course) then he bends over, rolls around on the floor, gets himself back up again...he is more active I suppose. I know Grace would love him, if I can get one!

Grace has recovered fully from the gastro - she has her appetite and her energy back. But now Harry has it! I thought we had managed to avoid it, but no. He is not as bad as Grace was, probably because he is bigger and he has also had it before. But I am getting sick of cleaning up spew!

Not much else going on here...

HUgs Bon, poor Harry, I was you about a month ago so I sympathise.
    I amn doing a scrapbooking demo today so am flying through, just checking emails so thought I'd pop my head back in
    grand final tomorrow, any plans?

We are off to the show tomorrow ... the kids haev jsut taken themselves off to bed without having to be reminded!!!

School holidays have begun ... woooooohooooooooo ... might get a chance to do more than just read.

Cheers

Haha Kelly- hope you have a good school hols, ours are ending, school goes back tomorrow and I am very glad LOL My parents took the 2 older kids to the Royal Melb show and it cost them over $400 in total. They brought ea of the 5 grandkids 2 showbags, had lunch there and let the kids go on a fair few rides. But I was right we really do not have the money to take all the kids and go.

I am feeling a little down atm, just maybe got to do with having the kids in my pocket 24/7 and the house has been trashed no matter how much I clean it, arron adn I have been arguing a bit as you do, and I am just feeling overwhelmed I guess. Josh just keeps pushing me and pushing me, sometimes I just have to get away from him cos I am sure I will do something to him. I wish there was a magic wand to deal with him.
    yesterday everything I sewed stuffed up and Jemma had gastro, arron and the 2 kids went to our friends to watch the Grand final, and I just coiuldn;t bring myself to do anything. I have been to the gym once all week too which is ****ting me, hopefully this week will be better.
    hope you are all feeling better than me
    hugs

Back from teh show in one piece but about $300 lighter in the pocket. Not bad for 5 of us. The kids got 2 showbags each and went on one ride and had about 3 sideshow games. The both wanted to win something for Asha. We took lunch with us so only had to buy a snack later in the afternoon. The kids were great and happy to do things that we wanted to do. They are both growing up so quickly and I will say that I think we have brought up two pretty fantastic kids, who at times I could easliy strangle, but the showed us today how fantastic they can be and how much they think about others.

I am so happy we had a family day out ... didn't get off to a great start. Ryan got a call at 5 this morning to say that work had been broken into ... they made a pretty big mess from the sounds of it. So we nearly didn't go to the show!

So today I can honestly say ... I/We are bloody fantastic parents!!! LOL

Cheers

Hi girls!! Sorry I've been MIA in this thread lately... dunno... maybe preggo brain has lapsed... life has been about preparing for baby. I guess its about time

Things have been getting better, feeling a bit better physically which is great. Matilda is going great guns atm with behaviour. We've been working really hard on our Triple P program and I can say that we have had 1 extreme tantrum in 2 weeks!!! Hooray! So 3 months ago we were having 1-2 extreme tantrums a day to 1 a fortnight. I'm so relieved & happy. Because we can deal with them in smaller doses. And it doesn't wear on you as much when you can go a full day without any tantrums. Relief! I highly recommend the Triple P courses and independant councilling for families who have full on tantrum behaviour. Its just a confidence boost that you are doing things right & then you can continue to do things the right way with the support you are given and things change if you are consistent.

I will come back more regularly I promise!!

Kelly-so good to hear you had a great day

Christy- that is great news re the program and Matilda's behaviour, what a relief for you all to not have to deal with the constant tantrums. Just in time too, cos not long to go now for you. So are you all set and ready to go?

Well I have beed much saner since school went back. Got some sewing done, but sadly my shopping cart didn't go on my website yet, I am blaming it on the grand final cos it took the weekend up. I wish I could do something from my end to get it going.

Kids are well, have to send off forms for Jemma's 4yo kinder next yr, so won't be able to take any money out of my account from now till friday so they can cash the cheque, so poor again lol, lucky payday is friday.

anyway see ya all

Pietta Guest

Why hello there ladies!!

Can I rejoin this little thread?

Oh my there is so much to catch up on- but i will try!!

Kelly- you do have two awesome big kids- they are so lovely Michelle!!! I cant wait to talk to you about our little ones again.
    Chrsity WTG with Matilda- I am stoked for you.

Will tell you all about us soon! LOL

I have a question for you all...

When your kids started talking more, would they say a word then not use it several weeks after? Lily has been saying a lot of new words lately and will say them 4-5 times in a row then won't say them again or not til ages later. Like about a week ago she re-peated the word 'tiger' but hasn't said it since. Today she has been excellent. Her new words today were ball, bowl, belly, Teddy and she tried to say Lily, but only managed 'Lee'. I can pretty much guarantee she wont say them again for awhile. The only words she uses every day are mum, dad, bubby, yum, bye bye, ni ni(for goodnight), hello, hey and puppy. which is whole lot better than a couple of months ago. She also points to some body parts when i say them(hair,face,nose,foot,hand). She is growing up so fast. The only problem i do have with her is her extreme tantrums. Nothing is working. I wrote a post about it a week or so ago. Since then its become a nightmare. For instance, she hates being in her car seat. She can get out of the straps and they are as tight as they go. Well yesterday, we went out shopping. Came back to the car and put her in her seat. But she wouldnt let us strap her in. She went completely mental. hitting and screaming, we couldn't go near her. This went on for 30 minutes! Im just not sure what to do anymore. It can't continue, especially when bub comes along, which is very very soon (have an induction date for next week). Just feel really helpless about it..

Just a quick one from me. In the middle of the move to Switzerland. We arrived here 2 days ago but the house is full of boxes and I am so knackered at the end of each day, trying to make this new place a home. I think it will be crazy until we actually return from Oz (i.e. end January). 6 weeks is not a lot of time to set up a new place... esepcially when it comes without curtains or lightfittings... lots to do...

Wolf has 3 new teeth, did I mention? 2 molars and 1 front tooth at the bottom.So there you go... he DID get more teeth after all..

Pee - great to see you here again!

Well, am reading but no time for personals. Have to say hi to my Feb 06 moms and then go to bed

Snowy

Hi all

Well the kids are all better which is good! Only a couple of weeks until Grace's 2nd birthday. I am debating whether to have a party or not. I am leaning towards not and just having a couple of people for morning tea. I don't think I am going to be able to get elmo for her, so he will have to be a xmas present!

Kelly - that's great that you had a good day with the kids, it's nice to feel validated as a parent. Good on you!

Christy - It's good to hear that Triple P has worked so well for you! I went to a couple of sessions on this back when Harry was about 12 months, mainly out of interest because he still so young at that stage, but I have kept the books and they really come in handy. Wow, not long till your bubba is here!

Pee - Hi! Good to hear from you! What have you been up to?

Tegan - I am sorry you have to deal with difficult behaviour from Lily, especially so close to having the new baby. I don't really have any suggestions, except that maybe you should look into the Triple P program, like Christy has done. You might be able to get info on it from your child health nurse. Believe me, I know how hard it is when they have such extreme tantrums. Harry had the most disgusting tantrum at the shops the other day - I have not seen anything like it from him before and I hope I never see it again. Now I am scared to go to the shops with the kids!

Michelle - glad you're feeling better now the kids are back at school! I have been feeling a bit down the last week too - just the usual about the state of the house and the kids being terrors (not always but enough!) and feeling tired and heavy from the pg...I know I will get over it and feel better soon. I have started getting the nesting urge, but the trouble is I can't be bothered doing any housework - I want to, but my body doesn't! So instead I just dwell on all the mess! I have started not wanting to go out much too - I did the same when I was pg with Grace - I just wanted to stay close to home. That, and the fact that I can't take these kids anywhere lately without them playing up. Anyway enough whinging. I have to go enrol Harry for 4yo kinder next week. I know he is going to really enjoy it.

Wow this post turned into a bit of an epic!

It has been ages since I've written anything - sorry girls busy with the school holidays - should be quiter for us, no playgroup, no gymbaroo etc but we seemed to be busier. Go figue. I looked after my friends 4 year old during the holidays, only 1 day each week, but boy it was a little testing. I guess if it is your own 4 year old you can send them to their room etc! Mackenzie had fun with her though and she was a devil to watch - just teasing and waiting to pounce! I managed to clean our storage room and laundry cupboards out aswell, this was a huge challenge, not just because of the amount fo junk we have managed to accumulate over the last 18 months but also because Mackenzie was such a big helper (not!). Everytime I took something out it went straight back in. Once I did have an empty shelf I'd turn around and Mackenzie was in there! It was very funny. We also went visiting a GF who has a newborn. It was a full day out for us as she live on the otherside of the westgate. Her bubba was soooo cute and Mackenzie just can't get enough of babies, so that was a great day. We also had a trip to the dentist as Mackenzie managed to slip in the bath and chipped her front tooth. She screamed, I was devasted and needless to say we are off to the dentist tommorrow to get it fixed. The dentist was fantastic as it happened at 4.30pm on a Friday and they had packed up but still saw us. I was worried about how she would go but the dentist who looked fresh out of Uni was great with her. I think I will go there in future, maybe I'll get a sticker for being good too!

I have read all the posts - too many to respond to but I hope you are all well. Tegan, not sure what you can do with Lily's behaviour. Hopefully it is just a 'stage' that she will overcome VERY soon.Good luck for next week, we will be thinking of you. Snowy good luck with the unpacking, isn't it amazing how much junk you can collect in a short amount of time!

Must run Miss M is waking.

hi, i thought i would come and join in this forum, i didn't know that one was here for children my DD age.
    A little bit about my self, i have two DD Madison who is 23 months and Charlotte who is 11 weeks, I am toilet training Madison at the moment and today is the first day she is wearing undies at home. I live in Pakenham vic.

*hugs* Tegan I know how you feel. Thats about all I can say... its so hard & heartbreaking when they have those tantrums & scary too. Because most of the time its a safety issue. We had such issues over getting into the car seat. I now stock lollies in the car as bribery when I'm not up to the fight myself. Its not for her sake, but mine. I say "Matilda you can have a lolly when you sit in your seat properly" (before she even has a chance to think about fighting it) and she goes in straight away. But Matilda is soooo suckered in by treats. I think because we don't give her lollies or chips or anything yummy LOL she has to earn them by good behaviour & she is sooo addicted to them. I just have to show her the tick tacs & shes a perfectly behaved child...

Hi Kelly! Welcome! WOW at Maddison TT!!! Well done!

Maddison is gorgeous!!

Michelle & Bon, I hope things in your house settles down with the big kids in school. WOW.... I dread school holidays now because of the shops... I can't imagine what it will be like to have your house turn into meyham for a week at a time.

Snowy I hope your move finishes very smoothly.

Me... well.... I've been trying to prepare & getting overwhelmed at the same time. I think this baby could stay put a bit longer & I'd be very very happy. BH's are a pain though... happening all the time, daily... on/off for hours which doesn't help because I get so tired & then I get grumpy with Matilda. She's handling it like a trooper though. We went to the shop today & usually I have to be so mentally prepared to do a quick trip in Coles & if I want to glance in another shop its full on, but she was a star. Laughing & chatting with the oldies around her.... YAY! I can't believe the change in my child...

Its DH's birthday today & Matilda helped me make his cake (another first...) and she insisted on balloons & party hats when he came home, so cute. She sang "Happy Birthday to Tilda" though... which was hilarious & helped daddy blow out the candles on his cake. All in all a really good day. She didn't sleep well for her nap & got pretty cranky this arvo which wore me out, but she's doing great now.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast