Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - December 2004 #4

spiddles Guest

No why's yet just "Liam do it" .....It's good though because he will scrape his plate into the bin and put it in the sink or put clothes in the washing *lol* Whenever I am on the computer he chucks a tanty and wants to go to wiggles website and when I turn it off screams blue murder. Never does it to DH though. He lets him sit there and watches.

Had works Chrissy party on the weekend.....Won a dinner for 2 at Dracula's on the Gold Coast. Donno when will get a chance to use it. DH had a bit too much to drink (as you do when it is free) and decided in all his wisdom he would try and pick me up while on the dance floor. Ended up falling flat on my back smacking my head on the ground. Not something you should be doing to someone who is 33 weeks pregnant. I feel ok...baby is still moving heaps. Have a doctors appointment tomorrow so will get a good checkup but If I hear he is sorry one more time I will scream!!

Hey Everyone!

Paige is now toilet trained during the day *YAY* but still wears a nappy at night and when we are out - I'm not game to let her wear knickers when we got to town yet LOL. I think she would be fine if I did, but I don't want to risk it yet. So I finally have no babies left *sob*. Little devil loves being naked too and will take her clothes off all the time. Which is sort of OK because it is hot, but I still would rather she wear clothes, even if it is just a singlet and knickers. She is starting to become a bit demanding now too and throwing tantrums when she can't get her own way. She seems to have grown up a lot too in the last few weeks, I think with the TT she has decided to become more of a little girl and not a baby.

Christmas for the Browns is all sorted. We aren't going to too much trouble this year, so it was easy. Getting Paige a mix of stuff - Little People, books, Pooh Bear puzzles and books, blackboard, ironing board and iron.

Hi all
    hope you had a merry xmas and a great new year.

we have had a mixed week and a bit, xmas went well, BIL and SIL visited and we had a great time, then they left and arron fogot to lock the back door, and during the night someone came into our backyard, took his phone from the table and then entered the house and took my bag off the bench. The camera and my phone were inside as well as $80 worth of vouchers the kids got for xmas and about $400 in cash, all my cards too. It is a nightmare with cancelling cards and stuff. We have searched the neighbourhood for the bag and the police have been around numerous times, the first time they didn't believe it was a theft, but then next door reported their car being broken into, so now we have it down as a burglary. The camera had all the xmas day pics...and I hadn't downloaded them so they are lost. That is the thing I am most upset about and then the fact that we were all asleep and someone came in our house.
    Anyway best move along, I have not been getting notifications for anything lately no0t sure why.

Hi girls me again
    just popping in to try and catch up but nobody has visited. Hope yo have all recovered after chrissy and are well
    we are still struggling to catch up in cleaning after the toy fest that was xmas. And the weather has done a complete change from hot to quite cold

spiddles Guest

YAYAYAY!! Have finished Work!!! Sorry to hear about your Christmas Michelle. At work I see these things happen everyday. I still have trouble finding words to say to people in that situation even though have been doing the same job for nearly 5 years and I still feel for each one.

Least today is cooler. Last few days have been 34 degree heat here and have no air con (Just wanna curl up and die) We all drove to Nana's )30 mins away) just to go sit in the air con yesterday.

Liam is still going to daycare at the moment so I can get some rest and clean. Didn't wanna go this morning. Whinged the whole way "Wanna stay with Mum" but as soon as he got there ran in and said "Am playing now...Bye" Could only laugh.

Don't know what he is going to be like once bubs is born. He still has his mind set he is having a sister no matter how many time we tel; him its a brother and just argues " No it's a sister!!" You ask him what so you do to the baby and kisses my belly then holds his are and pretends to rock it. Then you ask him what baby does and goes "Wha wha wha"

Hope to talk to you all again soon!!

oh how cute is Liam!! That is lovely I am sure he will get over having a boy instead of a girl very quickly. Not long to go now, bet you will be glad it is all over, especially with this sort of heat.

we just got back from 2 nigths in Geelong camping. Had fun and planning more camping trips.

well girls busy as usual I am guessing.
    Happy Australia Day to everyone, we are heading off for the weekend, checking out the situation for getting an onsite van somewhere, and swimming in the murray
    should be fun
    better run cos got to get organised

HELLLLLLLLLLLLOOOO!

I haven't been in here for way too long, but it has been nice catching up on all the posts and seeing how the kids are.

Mitch is still my monster boy - just toilet trained over Xmas! I love his little undies, so cute! He keeps asking why I don't have a doodle and wants to know if daddy took it, he is just not convinced that I didn't get one in the first place.
    He is at childcare Mon and Tues so I can actually get work done. The girls adore him as he is still the little charmer.
    He loves being a big brother and had a new nickname for Elizabeth each week. She was Bo for awhile, then pear, now she is Poe, or Bo-Pear. We are about to head down to the beach, just waitng for Bo-Pear to wake up. She never sleeps at all usually (yep, great at sleeping like her big bro).
    Is Matilda in a big bed Christy? I remember both of us convinced the kids had a hotline to each other at one stage, they seemd so alike. It's still hopeless around here at bedtime, so he is stil in a cot. There's no way he will let Beth use his cot when he does get a bed and I need my bed back so I have to buy another darn cot.....

Anyway, I'll be in here lot more lately, I have so missed you all!!

P.S - how can I get notifications????

Nice to have a friend in her Lucy lol
    you have to go to advanced and cfhoose the notification I think. Not that it always works for me for some reason. Wow at Mitch tt now, it is nice but sometimes I think way harder having to run for the toilet when we are out. Plus Jess won't go on the side of the road on a long trip, so just gotta hope he can hold on till we get to the a"Toyket" as she calls it.
    We just got back from a weekend up the bush, it was so nice to get away. Jess cracked me up everytime we went to the toilet we would walk in and she would say "This is the mens!!" I would say no its the ladies and she would keep saying no mens, just to hear me say it was a ladies lol And she taught herself to float in her life jacket and floaties in the Murray river lolyet was too scared to swim in a pool 2 weeks earlier.

I hope everyone else is ok, pass it on to the others to pop in soon if you can

Well looks like we have all lost our way to here, I really miss finding out what you are all up to, part and parcel of having older kiddies I guess.
    Jess is growing so quickly, talks very well, dobs in her sister and brother when they hurt her. Not night trained yet but not stressed about that. Has a dummy at bedtime until she turns 3 at least. She is in a big gorl bed now, and I was worried she would jump out but she hasn't done it once yet. Like a duck to water really.
    Hope to hear from some of you soon

Nice to hear from you Mitch. Jess is sounding really grown up.

Lily is still having trouble with the whole talking thing. She really only says words if we say them first. Hasn't put two words together either(oh except she says ohvu (love you)) Mostly just babble and screaming. Bit frustrating really. She is learning new words all the time, just doesn't talk IYKWIM? Also think it's the cause for most tantrums. She is terrible with them.

Toilet training is not happening here. She loves to sit on it just wont do anything on it for some reason. She always does it like 2 minutes after!

A bit behind in those things but she is very very outgoing. Always runs around squilling and thrashing about not caring what anyone else thinks of her. She is quite a wild child. Very loud. I have never seen another child like her lol. She just loves other kids, but is a strange adult comes near her she will grab DH's hand and try and pull them both away lol.

She loves her baby brother though. Always gives him kisses and hugs. She thinks he is her doll i reckon.

I am getting a bit clucky again, wanting another one! Just have to convince DH first.

LOL Tegan- clucky already lol, I am vad too but no more babies, arron had the snip. Lily does sound like a wild child, fun though, and how cute with Charlie and the kissing and hugs
    How is your married life going and what is your DH doing re work? Wasn't he getting into the navy?

Married life is good! DH was meant to leave for the air force on 13th February but he hurt his foot so couldnt go. It has only just healed now, 2 months later. So he has to do his fitness test again(he hurt his foot while doing it!) and get a new date to leave. We're hoping for May.

Hello there!

I thought I should poke my head in and have a look how you are all doing - but gee, it's gotten quiet here!! We used to post so much and have totally slowed down, hey? What happened?

Well, we are doing well. Zara is now 1 year old, so also not really a baby anymore. Wolf is 2 1/4 and has started pre-school. He goes 3 mornings a week and every time cries when I leave. It breaks my heart. It's only been 3 weeks, so I am hoping it will get better. It's just so funny, he so wanted to go to kindy and now that he is, he doesn't want to anymore. *sigh*

We are thinking of no.3 but won't get "to it" until the second half of the year. Hoping for a May 2008 baby ... hmmm...

What else... we had tonsillities and a nasty gastro bug and the flu (the REAL deal with 1 week of fevers north of 39 degrees) and I am just praying the winter in Europe will be over soon and with it the bug-season.

No toilet training here yet really. I have tried a few times to let Wolf go without nappy but each time he has peed his pants. He likes to pee in the evenings before/during/after bath time but that's about it really. Oh well... I am in no rush really... if I get there by the time he is 3, I reckon that's plenty. Plus i actually find it convenient to be able to drive around without having to worry about being near a toilet. We have to drive 700km to my parents and if I had to stop every hour for a pit stop it would take me AGES. So I'm quite happy with nappy and the flexibility they provide.

Hope everyone is well

Snowy

Hi Snowy
    so lovely to hear from you. Sounds like things are going well for you. It's almost unbelievable that Zara is 1 already, where did that time go? So plans for no. 3 then will there be another after that? I get what you mean about TT and driving, it can be a pita I will admit. When Wolf is ready then he will do it without stress and no point pushing it. With Josh he turned 2 and a half and I started putting undies on him and for 2 wks he ran around the house weeing everywhere, so I out the nappy back on, and a couple of months later he became interested and tt within a week. So no point stressing.

We are cruising along here too, it is sad nobody has time to visit anymore but thats what happens when people have more than one bub. You just don't have time to do everything. Next thing this thread will be closed cos nobody visits.

Tegan- are you looking forward to May and Jacob joining up? Where will he be first off, I am a big sook would hate my DH to be in the armed forces, have already told Joshua he doesn't want to be in the army lol Guess I just don't want to lose my son for the country. Not that that happens much but just the thought of it is not good.

hope everyone else is well

Hi Nessa
    you can join me in here lol
    because Jessica is mny youngest and I don't have another bub to look after seems I have more time to come in here lol Jessica is a Sept 04 bub.

How are you going with Teleah and tt? I bet she loves her little sister too. Jessica would love a little sister, she talks to kids her age as if she is much older even calls them bub lol

I look forward to chatting more with you

Hello

Hope you don't mind me joining in - i'm new to BB.

I have a boy born 30/11/04 (as well as boy#2 9/6/06). I haven't started TT yet as i don't think he's ready - he showing some signs but not lots. I think i need to find a good book as i have no idea how to start or what to look for to know he's definitely ready. Any hints would be great.

Cheers
    Julie

Hello!!! I'm so sorry I've been soooo slack with Jovie arriving.

Things are going... well they are going lets just say

Welcome Julie & Nessa, hopefully we will be a bit more chatty soon!!

Matilda is still crazy LOL she started kindy & it seems to have scattered her even more. I think because kindy is free play all day with heaps of activities & Matilda runs from one to the next & doesn't stop to eat or do anything. She comes home a complete mess & takes ages to recover. She still goes to family day care two days a week, but family day care is in someone's home & is more structured. She has started her full on extreme tantrums again with breath holding & now vomitting as well. ARGH.... I'm thinking of pulling the plug on kindy & starting again later.

TT is painful. She will hold it until nap time & I put a nappy on and then do everything at once & scream "NAPPY CHANGE MUMMY!!!" So she just holds it. At kindy she's started using the toilets and at family day care.... just at home. So I went out & got smarties for bribery & we are starting tomorrow LOL. I know she can do it, because she's done it before and has used the toilet, its just because she's home.

Thats all for the big sister, little one is occupying much time but luckily is more relaxed than her big sister

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast