Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - December 2004 #4

hi girls
    just a quick note (cause i should be in bed asleep) that i had another baby girl on april 18 - elysia bethanney was born via elective csection at 2:19pm weighing 4.525kgs or 10lb & 52cms long - all is going well - few jealous episodes with eliana & i have bad mastitis am hoping next week will be better!!

Congratulations Mel on the sfae arrival of Elysia. Hope the mastitis clears up soon - ow!

Julie x

Yay Mel well done. Hope you settle in quickly

I have just returned from my 2 wk hliday, 1 wk in Mackay and 1 on the Gold coast. We are exhausted. Glad to be home, but man the weather is hugely different, freezing cold today, got the heater on. Lowest temp on the GC was about 19 and that wasn't COLD!!

Well the monkeys must be talkers, mine def is too, and little as well, no matter what we do, she is the fussiest of the kids in terms of foods.

to all the would be tt'ers don't stress, kids do it when they are ready, thats not to say you still don't have to do the runs to the toilet and cop the accidents but it will work out. And sometimes you do need to persevere.

chat later in a rush got a gf droping in to give the big kids their trophies from Little Aths
    see ya

hi all!

I'm not so much worried about Lily's talking now. She's talking quite well, saying over 100 words now. Yesterday she even said 'don't cry Charlie' when he was upset. Charlie is her fav word lol. She loves her little brother so much, always helping him and 'protecting' him from the vacuum lol(she hates it even when it not on). Charlie loves her too, he is always laughing at her.

Michelle, Lily is a fussy eater too. She weighes 16kgs but she is as tall as a 3.5 year old so she looks all skin and bone. You can see her ribs and hips protruding. Really looks like she's under fed but all she eats is cheese really. But not much i can do about that since when we try to make her eat we get the tantrums.

Speaking of tantrums, she is still really bad. the other day she was climbing up the drawers in the kitchen and i yelled at her no. well she got down, threw her dummy and shouted at me 'come on!', the little sh*t! lol.

Yes Tegan- know what you mean Jessica is the stubbornist child, took 20 mins for her to get her breakfast the other day because she wouldn't say please!!! Man if she is bad at 2 what hope when she is 12....lol

mooshie Guest

omg at all these girls lol, tantrums and food issues starting this early god help us when they are teenagers lol

i have no idea what lani weighs but it is not much and i can fairdinkum put my hands around her tummy and touch my fingers. all she eats is either plain boiled pasta or noodle dinner (aka 2 minute bloody noodles) lol.

things are going well here, we are no longer ttc, but have not done anything about contraception yet.

dh finally got a new job this week HOORAY lets hope it is his niche and we get back on top of things financially. one thing i have learnt from all this girls is to make sure if you can to have a back up plan (ideally about $5k tucked away) for the future in case things go pear shaped. my dh was the most stable of people earning nearly $100k a year, then he decided he "needed" a change and omg it has nearly cost us big time.

anyway i am a working girl (checkout chick) at night and i love it, only 2 nights a week so far, around 7 till midnight. it is going well and nice to actually earn some cash to pay off a huge credit card we have had to live on for the last month. once that is done, money i earn will be tucked away so we can have a holiday every year.

anyway enough about my blah blay. congratulations melbee, i have been checking birth announcements frequently thinking you were about to pop. great news and i am sure eliana and elysia will be the best of friends. oh and i hear you on the mastitis i had that big time with ds, get yourself some antibiotics if you haven't already. get on top of it before it gets to bad.

catch you all later

yay Michelle on DH's job. We also like to stash some money incase. And it has always come in handy, like if there was no money for wages we had it to pay the house, otherwise we would default on house payments which is not a good idea.
    So glad you are enjoying working, it is nice to have soime grownup time out of the house and to get money for it is great.

All good here, just trying to get back into routine. Nothing like a holiday to put you way out of whack. Gotta get moving, Jemma has kinder at 11.30am and have cleaning and washing and material to cut today.

Hi girls.

Most of you here either wouldn't know me or don't remember me, I used to hang around a lot when I was PG with, and after my little monkey was born.

Brandon is 3 now! Can't believe how fast it's gone. He started Kinder on Monday, and he had an absolute ball. I'm looking forward to getting all the paintings when he comes home - he loves painting.

Just a quick summary of where he is up to - he can count to ten, recognises all letters and numbers, never stops talking, and eats almost everything. He's sat on the toilet a few times, done wees once, but won't ever tell me when he needs to go, or has a dirty nappy. Ah well, he'll get to it in his own time. He loves sitting on my lap while I'm at the computer, particularly if I'm at the Wiggles site, but even when I'm checking my email lol. Like he is now, which I don't mind, but he keeps trying to hijack my mouse. (he wants to play with the smilies and colours lol)

So this is just a quick(ish) hello / introduction, nice to see a few names I recognise, and hope to be chatting to you all more soon!

Susan!!! Hi! I remember you, especially Brandon's arrival to the world LOL and I see you have number 2 as well congratulations

We just had a holiday to Sydney and its taking ages to recover Michelle so I hear you.

Matilda has started doing her extreme tantrums again since the holiday and I am pulling my hair out. I can handle normal tantrums its just the self harm business that I'm over. Ah well... have to pull out all the hard work AGAIN....

Huhs Christy, hope it settles again soon, is always harder when you are exhausted of course.

Silvermoon I too remember Brandons arrival, very dramatic. So you have a little girl too, how lovely!! Sounds like he is going really well.

Got stacks of work on and trying to catch up on the washing and housewok and get the kids to their things on time. We finally found the perfect van to put on our site for holidays, so things are great here. But still very tired. Mother's day just around the corner girls, anyone getting something cool??? Not sure about me....shopping tomorrow am going to buy myself something if I see it told aron just to get me one thing that shows some thought and I will be grateful.

HUgs to all

CONGRATULATIONS to Mel on the birth of your daughter!!

I hope all is well with everyone. Welcome back SilverMoon.
    Just a quick post from me, got to dash and get showered as I have to take Wolf to kindy in 20 mins. He is liking it now and does not cry anymore (thank god). He has made some friends and it's all going well but I still will only have him go 3 mornings a week. He will go 5 mornings a week from January (to a different kindy) but won't do afternoons just yet. I think he is still too little for that and needs to come home at lunch time (and needs his 2 hour afternoon nap)
    Wolf is counting to 12 as well but I have the feeling that it doesn't mean anything. I think he is just repeating the order and it doesn't actually mean much to him. If I try to actually get him to count items, he often gets it wrong. I think he can count til 2 or 3 but after that will forget to count items or count them twice. But I think it's a bit early anyway to count properly, hey?
    Also, he does not seem to be able to tell colours. He knows the names but he never knows which colour is which. I sometimes worry he might be colourblind but he can't be seeing that it's DH's family that is colourblind and not mine and boys can only get it from their mom as it's passed on on the X chromosome... hmmmmmm

Anyway, showetime for me
    Snowy
    Last edited by Snowgirl; May 24th, 2007 at 11:03 PM.

Snowy,

You are so lucky to be able to take him so often to kinder. The one Brandon goes to only offers 2 1/2 hours a week for the 3yos, there's a morning and afternoon, but they are seperate groups. Brandon went by himself without me staying for the first time on Monday, and he seemed to have a ball. Threw a bit of a hissy fit when Anna and I came to pick him up...he didn't want to go home. When we got to our gate, I told him to hold on to Anna's stroller, so she wouldn't go anywhere (more so that he wouldn't wander off while I unlocked the gate lol) and he gave her a hug. I asked him if he'd missed Anna, and he said yes. Awww....then I asked if he'd missed me, or his dad, and he said no to both! Well, at least he's close to his sister

Oh Michelle I too am over the moon for you....well done and hope you have a wonderful pg.

Hi there

Hope everyone is well. I can't believe how quiet it has become in here. I hope that's a good sign and means everyone is busy with their bubbas.

Zara is sick today, 39.3 fever. Wolf is fine... I hope it's just a one day thing.

I took off Wolf's nappy on Sunday and asked him to tell me when he had to pee and it went in the pants again even though I had just asked him 2 mins before it happened. He is definitely not ready yet. Feeling a bit sad about it but I guess it will just happen when he is ready... maybe I should just let it go...

Snowy

Yeah Snowy don't stress he isn't 3 till NOv, he will be ready soon enough!!

Just wondering how everyones toddlers were fairing.Millana is 2 1/2 and last night slept for the first time with out her gaga(dummy) which was sad as she is growing up and its just another step from being away from my babygirl. I am toilet training her and she will go on the potty but always does a little wee in her undies first? Is this normal? She refuses to go to the toilet when out and about and have started letting her wear knickers when we walk to nanas or the park to train her? Then the bottles,she has 2 in a 24hr period.Its just a comfort thing and i dont want to take everything off her at once! Whats everyone elses toddlers vices?

Hi Caddie

Jessica still has her dummy and I am going to take it away when she is 3. Joshua had his bottle, bed time only until he was 3. Most do have something as a vice. I would put pants on whenever you can, one day she'll just click

hi girls
    finally have 5mins to type something!! eliana still isnt much interested in the except at daycare (which is only one day a week) she has gone up to the 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 year old room & i guess seeing more kids use the toilet she does wees there - ive decided from next week i will put her on the loo every hour & hope something happens!! other than that she is doing well when not tormenting her sister!! she counts to 20 but will also count things that far like her pencils & can count backwards from 10 (got that from her cousins video) elysia has finally put on some weight though 5 weeks old & still not back to her birth weight - she is doing well in everything else so im not overly worried - im busy house hunting have decided to give it another go with the girls dad & move back to brisbane - it is sooooooooooo hard doing this by myself plus i have been sick with either a cold or mastitis twice since elysia was born - at least the days are still warm here
    hope everyone is having a great week & i will try & post in here more often

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast