Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - June 2005 #5

Default Babies Born January - June 2005 #5

This thread is for parents who's baby was born January - June 2005

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Sherie - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Astrolady - [email protected]
    Christy [email protected]
    Lea13 [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

January - June 2005

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Forum Name: Naomi
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 14th February, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 7lb 3oz - 48cms - 34cms
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Ryan Lewis
    Baby's Website: none yet
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: Ended up being a repeat c-section due to turning breech at the last minute.

Forum Name: nellbe
    State:Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 17th February, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3700g - 51cm - 33cm
    Baby Name(s): Matthew Albert
    Baby's Website: none yet
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) none yet
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) born on due date
    __________________________________________________ _______

Forum Name: zola
    State: TAS
    Baby's DOB: 3rd March '05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 10lb 6oz (4.725kg) - 53cm - 37cm
    Baby's Name: Sebastian John Raymond
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: 6 days early, elective c-section

Forum Name: bellasmum
    State: vic
    Baby's DOB:7th March 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2830g(6lb4oz)-50cm-33.2cm
    Gender of Baby:female
    Baby's Name: Isabella Rose Lucinda(bella)
    Baby's Website: n/a
    Health Concerns: none now
    Notes: induced 3 weeks early due to iso immunisation, cord wrapped tightly around neck, required full blood exchange at 4 hrs old, quadruple phototherapy for 4 days,double phototherapy for 2 days.3 months of age had another blood transfusion and 4 months old .

Forum Name: Trish
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB:8 March 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3710gm 8lb 2oz Length - 50cm Head Circ - 34.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Tehya Makenzie
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/trisharae
    Health Concerns: Mild Jaundice
    Notes: 1 day early, home waterbirth

Forum Name: Bec G
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 10 - 03 - 2005
    Baby's Name: Eliza Jayne
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: c-sect due to cervical stitch and gest diabetes 37 weeks
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3170 gms, 48.5cm
    Baby's Name: Sienna Catherine
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes:

Forum Name: Dinky
    Baby's DOB: 17 March, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2720g - 45cm - 33cm
    Baby's Name: Hayley Nola
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Wind, reflux, nasal congestion
    possible heart problem
    Notes: 5.5wks early emergeny c/s after prom

Forum Name: ange-par (Angela)
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB:19-03-2005
    Baby's Name: Ella Grace
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Emergency c-section due to 3 failed attempts at being induced and health problems

Forum Name: Tanya
    Baby's DOB: 20/03/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3730g (8lb 40z) Length - 53cm (21in) Head Circ - 36cm
    Baby's Name: Violet Crystal
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/insideofme
    Health Concerns: none...yet
    Notes: 40weeks 1day, NVD, breastfeeding

Forum Name: Sarah_H
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 20th March '05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 14oz Length - 55cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Alexzander David Paul
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/s/sarah_aaron_baby
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: 8 days late, 36hr labour which failed to progress ended in c/section

Forum Name: simone
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 20/3/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3519g Length - 52cm Head Circ - 36
    Gender of Baby: BOY
    Baby's Name: Declan Christopher
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: born 3 weeks early, had mild jaundice.
    __________________________________________________ ____

Forum Name: Debbie Lee
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 21 March 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lbs Length 50.5cm- Head Circ - 34cms
    Baby's Name: Gabrielle Lee
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/littlenobba/
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Emergency C-Section after baby showed signs of distress. The cord was wrapped around her neck!!
    __________________________________________________ ______

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Last edited by Astrolady; November 20th, 2006 at 07:14 AM.

Catch up with your old thread HERE

Love

Morning ladies,

nothing much to report here, just a cold day

Debbie Lee Guest

Hi Tanya!! What happened on Saturday? Did I miss something? It's good to hear from you.

Simone - cold and miserable here too. On the plus side, the garden has had a nice water! What's Declan up to today?

Just had to sort out Lucy's dog rego. I originally sent in all the stuff but wrote the cheque out for the wrong amount (it's cheaper, yay! - and SOOOO much cheaper than Geelong) and need to include proof that she's been spayed. Of course, I had to fill out a whole new form because Charlie is gone now.... *sigh*

Hey Deb - my grass actually looks a little greener!!! Declans just gone to bed, hoping he'll settle soon as i want to put Xander to bed too (they share a room now, my 2 big boys ) Im starting Anneliese on solids today, and want to do it without the boys around. I cant believe how big my kiddies are getting... Bonus that lucy's rego was cheaper!!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Wow.. I can't imagine Gabby sharing a room... and I always shared with one of my sisters so I don't know why it's so hard to fathom. I hope Anneliese enjoys her solids. It's such an exciting stage... but I can't believe she is that big already! Wow!

Gab is being Miss Helpful today. We went for a walk to the post office earlier. It's pretty chilly so I told her that she'd need a hat. She toddled on down to her bedroom and came back with a sun-hat (out of her bottom drawer... she'd even close the drawer afterwards). So cute! It goes to show she's getting SO big. She walks most of the way to the post office and back now. It's slow-going but I figure it's good exercise for her. The roads around here aren't very busy at all so I guess I have that luxury... I'm still super careful tho.

Neil has lost his keys. It's driving us both nuts. We don't have spare keys for his car and his keys also have the keys to the camper on them. Grrr! I dunno what the hell he's done with them. I've turned the house upside down but I really think he's left them somewhere else.

LOL maybe miss Gabby has taken the keys somewhere Deb? Zander has been known to put keys in his ride on bike thingy - it's the first place I look now!

Simone, good luck with the solids today.

Zander & I have had two big days - washing, ironing, vaccuuming, cooking muffins, cleaning..... But he seems to enjoy it all. Tomorrow after gym we're going to do the bathroon & that's his favourite! I strip off chuck him in the bath with a cleaning cloth & off he goes, just loves it He's sleeping now so I might go do some more ironing, I don't like to do it when he's up JIC.

Oh and I've updated his site, totally re-arranged it once again LOL! Although it's taking aaages to upload.

Debbie Lee Guest

Aww Zander's re-vamped site looks great, Sarah. LOL @ Zander loving the housework. I wonder how long that'll last!!
    Dunno about Gab taking the keys. Normally when she grabs something like that, she comes to show us, iykwim? I've checked her bedroom and all her toys a few times... sooo frustrating!

Well, gave Allie her solids (farex with ebm and a lil puree pear) she loved it! Its scary that im feeding her solids, she's still so tiny (in 000 bonds suits, everything else is 0000!) So is like giving it to a newborn!! she's just started giggling, and holding her head up for short bursts while she's on tummy time... She's come a long way since the NICU.

Zander is such a cutie Sarah his website looks great!! i wish i had gone with babiesonline, but i went with babababies instead. not too bad, just have to go to the website and search their names, i dont know if i can make a link because of that

im gonna talk to Dh about buying the kids a shirt each from your store... i check the stuff out the other day, and it rocks!! Bet Zander loves modelling the stuff

Deb - in our house im usually the one that loses everything, when im looking for stuff, DH follows me around looking in places after i have, as i am blind, its usually right in front of me!! Good luck finding them...
    Last edited by simone; November 14th, 2006 at 01:28 PM.

Tanya, good to see you back around. Hope you are doing ok. Not sure about Saturday either but obviously something was up.

Simone, it's quite nice up here, was really windy lastnight though. Good luck with bub and her solids. I hope she does well for you.

Deb, I hope Neil finds is keys. Maybe he left them at his gf's house Aaww Gab is such a clever little girl. Good on her for walking to the post office too. DOes she sleep well after her walk ???

Sarah, sounds like you have a good way of getting your bathroom cleaned. As long as it works for you. So does that mean when he's 5 you can send him in there to do it by himself ?? Might have to get Tehya onto that one. Better still, Noah is closer to 5

So does anyone want a norty 4 year old ?? I have another migraine today and can't really take anything too strong for the pain in case it knocks me out. Anyway, mum can down to help watch kids for a bit and clean up. Noah and Tehya were out the back playing, or so I thought.

Tehya came in the house crying but not screaming, get so used to hearing these days I don't pay a huge ammount of attention to it. Anyway, I noticed that her cheek was red, raw actually. It had been burnt. I went out to the boys room and spotted matches on the floor. Noah has obvioulsy been playing with them. I don't know how he's done it but Tehya's cheek is burnt, there is a scald on her eyelid, her eyelash and eye brow is singed and there is another small burn that is blistered on the back of her left hand. This is what I have noticed so far.

Not really sure what to do with Tehya's face, I know with a burn your supposed to hold it under running water for 20 minutes but this is her face She is asleep now and Noah is in bed too. I am planning on taking her to the dr's this afternoon when Mark gets home. See if it needs anything special. The burn doesn't seem too deep and she really didn't cry that much. I would've screamed if that happened to my face.

Simone, your links are... And you can add them to your signature if you like. There's no restrictions on which baby sites you can have.

Xander - http://babababies.com/view/view.cfm?siteID=38971
    Declan - http://babababies.com/view/view.cfm?siteID=38970
    Anneliese - http://babababies.com/view/view.cfm?SiteID=38969

Debbie Lee Guest

Awwww no!! Poor Tehya! Naughty, naughty Noah! I hope it's not too serious, Trish. Sorry about your migraine too. The last thing you need is to worry about Tehya being burnt... esp. on the face Can you take something for the migraine once Mark gets home?

Simone - glad Anneliese liked the farex and pear. Yum! Maybe you could switch over to the babysonline site slowly? Lots of work tho, hey? Gab has a couple of t-shirts from Sarah's store. "Daddy drinks because I cry" and "Shorty".
    ETA: oh there ya go... Sarah's fixed that prob with the websites
    Wow... Declan looks soooo much older than Gab! 16kgs!! Woah!
    Last edited by Debbie Lee; November 14th, 2006 at 01:33 PM.

Ok, now for a proper post

Trish, I hope Tehya's face is ok. I bet Noah is in the bad books now. The Drs will probably give you some burn cream to put on it. Not sure how to keep a 20month old from whiping it all off cos it's not something tht you rub in as such.

Yep Simone, Zander loves playing dressups The only thing is I can't get him to sit still for very long anymore! Did you see the cranky elf boy from my attempted photo shoot yesterday LOL!

How annoying that you still can't find the keys Deb. Maybe ask Gabby & she'll take you to them LOL! Zander is pretty good if I ask him for something he knows where it is

Deb, hopefully I can take something after we take Tehya to the dr's. Maybe I can just send Mark and I can stay at home and sleep. Hmm not likely.

Tehya and Noah have a shirt each too. Haven't got anymore yet, just too darn expensive Nah, I can't make up my mind what else I want to get LOL.

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - yep.. tried that.. "Gabby, where's Daddy's keys?". She pointed to his hat! Doh! LOL

Trish - sounds like a plan... send Mark to the doctors! You need some rest mate.

Wow, thanks sarah!! Just one more question? How would i make it a link in my sign so when you click on say, Xanders name, it goes straight to the website?? you're a legend

Thats awful trish, Declan and xander have an obsession with those little red boxes too... hopefully she'll heal without a prob.

Deb, any luck yet??

Debbie Lee Guest

Simone - just highlight Xander's name (for example) in your sig in your user profile then go to that little globe on the taskbar?? It'll let you put the link in there... it adds the link to whatever you highlight.

Ok, just doing my new sig now... thanks for that sarah and debbie lee

ETA there, that'll do for now, couldnt get their names to change colour like their DOBs, but i dont care right now!! people can see my beautiful children (rom the like5 pic in total on all 3 sites LOL)
    I NEED BROADBAND!!! This dial up stuff is driving me crazy...
    Last edited by simone; November 14th, 2006 at 02:07 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast