Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - June 2005 #5

Simone, good to hear that Declan is now drinking, as long as it stays in now.

Shannon, good to have you in here hun. Hope your feeling better soon and the horrible MS leaves you alone.

Here are the photos of my little man's haircut. Please no comments about how he didn't need it, he did I swear :nana: Nah seriously, he had some long bits hanging over his ears & besides it cost me nothing cos his hairdresser is my sister's best friend & she loves him

Trish, its stopped coming out the top, and started out the bottom... he's so out of it, just laying next to me on the bed. Occasionally lets out a little cry, then passes out again... he looks at me with a look in his eyes thats "mummy make me better..." i wish i could

Sarah, love Zanders haircuts, ill send you some of declan's hair - he has too much LOL. He wont let me brush it, and as he's been sick and has bouts where he thrashes about a little he has a couple of dreadies of the back of his head.

Sarah, very cute boy there. Looks like he was an angel for his haircut too. Great that you didn't get charged too.

Tehya has a few stray long hairs that hang to her nose, I just put them to the side, one day I will just snip them off.

Mum keeps telling me she needs a haircut, but it's not happening for a long time, I know the minute I do all of her curls will go Besides it's not stragely or anything like that.

Simone, yas he gone to the Dr's ?? Not that he can really do anything for him, but peace of mind. Maybe you could try the hydralite ice blocks for him too. They are very sweet and sickly but being a kid he'd probably enjoy them.

Aww poor Jess and Ziana. Tehya has a nice cowlick in the front of her hair too, plus she has this stupid double crown, which means you can not part her hair down the middle, no decent piggy tails happening here. And when you do brush her hair you have to make sure you brush the right part of her hair forward and the rest back right on her crown.

I know I said I wanted a princess and all but does she really need 2 crowns

Hmm I have a bloody cowlick too, no nice fringe for me. But it is dead straight. Noah has got one too, double crown and a cowlick. His is really straight too. Tehya on the other hand has curls, God know's where she got them from, we all have straight hair. The poor little ones didn't have much chance, with both Mark and I having one. He is the one with the weird crown.

You'd know if the girls had one. Where there crown is on the back top of their heads (the hair almost goes in a circle) well my little kids have 2 of them. neither of them in the centre, both off centre to either side of their heads. Weirdo's !!

I have no idea if Zander has a cowlick ROFLMAO!! And to you Shannon he really really did have some hairs cut, maybe just two or three LOL!

LOL Sarah, Mark says when he goes in gets A hair cut !! Then again, he also says the he askes for the receeding hairline cut too. PMSL.

Sarah, I wonder if it works the same with hair as it does with teeth. The longer they take to come through, the longer it lasts ????

gee it gets busy in here, will have to come in often to keep up, used to May mums moving along at a slower pace

Thanks for the welcomes

Trish: Thanks I hope we all dont get it either, i heard 7-10 days but then someone else said 3wks we could still get it so i dont know! hopefully not anyhow, Mason just is really loud in general, its an attention thing though, he done it a few months ago and i made everyone ignore it and he stopped so just need to do the same thing again, no reaction and he doesnt bother anymore

Shannon: hey again and hope you post more in here if you get time, and hope the m/s doesnt hit you too badly, also didnt realise you had made the move up this way now, how is that all going?

Done my first outing in the car with the three boys today, was ok really, they were all pretty good, besides Luke wanting everything in site, just went to maccas for lunch with them and pottered around

Talking of haircuts, i gave Mason one yesterday and boy did i do a bad job, so glad it grows back pretty quickly lol, poor kids, but i refuse to pay a hairdresser till they will sit still, which might be never with Mason lol
    Last edited by Belinda; November 21st, 2006 at 01:42 PM.

Debbie Lee Guest

Wow... I go away for a coupla days and look what happens?? How exciting. So... old belly buddies are now belly buddies again!! PMSL
    About time, hey Fi??

Belinda - LOL @ refusing to pay for a haircut until the kids sit still. Good on you for having the guts to do it yourself!

Sarah - awww @ Zander's haircut. He's such a spunk. Gab is slowly getting a mullet but it'll be a while before I cut it, LOL. The girl needs all the help she can get!

Shannon - hope the icky queasy feeling goes away soon. LOL @ a fringe starting halfway back on Jess's head. Uno, I've seen those fringes on some people and I do wonder what they are thinking, LOL.

Trish - PMSL @ your weird kids and their cowlicks. I've apparently got one too so a fringe never sits straight with me. Lucky I don't have to have one. I couldn't be bothered maintaining it anyway. Dunno if Gab has one... LOL

Simone - LOL @ Declan and his dreadies. Bound for hippydome?

Just got back from Geelong... it was a LONG, HOT drive. Gab was well-behaved tho. No sleep but that's hardly a surprise. Missy thinks she doesn't need a sleep during the day anymore! Grrr.

Saturday went well (the shopping trip). It wasn't as good as previous years because we had a bigger group so everyone was taking too long at each shop. Still, I got a stack of Chrissy presents covered. There's a toy shop that we stop at that has half-price Fisher Price and other brand-name toys. It's like a massive toy warehouse and it's BRILLIANT! I bought all the neice's and nephew's presents and a few other gifts (they have game-boards and stuff there too) for under $200. Not bad. I didn't even spend $500 for the whole trip but I got a stack of stuff... mainly for other people I got Gabby a gorgeous set of books from Social Club books. They're all about feelings. One is called the Big Book of Love. The rest of the collection is smaller and are called, "When I am feeling Scared" or "When I am feeling Happy" and they are beautifully illustrated. I grabbed them all! LOL When Gab has finished with them they'll make for great teaching resources!!
    It was a long day... didn't get back until 7pm. Gab had a great day with her Aunty Lauren and slept for her (typical!).
    I didn't do much on Sunday because Gab woke every hour on Saturday night. She has a snotty nose. Not sure if it's teething or a cold because she's been dribbling like a fiend too. I made sure I grabbed some panadol and vicks on Sunday so that we had a better night.
    Monday was full-on with lots of visiting, getting our tax done and more visiting. Saw our friends that recently had a baby boy (their 4th). Sooooo cute! I got big cuddles which was nice. You forget how little they are tho! Hard to imagine it'll be me again next year.
    Our tax returns were crap. Neil has to pay back money and I got enough to pay the accountant.... hoping the centrelink will be kind

Oh... and Neil's keys have been found! Hoorah! They were in Mum's handbag. Gab must have put them in there. It's a little suss cos they were right down the bottom of her bag... hmm. Who cares, they've been found now! Silly Neil left his wallet in Geelong tho so my sister is sending it up to us. OMG!

Glad the drive went well for you Debbie and hope that centrelink comes through for you

And congratulations on your pregnancy

Debbie Lee Guest

Thanks Belinda
    It's still hard to believe I am pregnant... I guess it's still early days. I am pretty much symptomless atm. I guess I should enjoy my food while I still can!! LOL

YAYAYAY it seems like such an easy transition having all the mums in here again. I guess we were all 3rd tri belly buddies at some point, so we all know each other. Its really nice - yay for everyone being part of a clic again
    Trish - I have 2!!!! cowlicks at the front of my head. It took me the longest time to realise that fringes were never really going to work for me - I had numerous, numerous bad haircuts before I finally learnt that I had to tell the hairdresser to cut my "fringe" about the same length as the bottom of my nose. If they cut it at a normal possy, it ends up halfway up my forehead. Very embarrasing!

Sarah - I haven't looked at Zanders photos, but I'm sure the haircut was lovely. better to get them in there as early as poss I suspect to get used toit all. jenna will have curls forever, and the longer the hair grows, the tighter they get. No hair cuts here

Deb - sounds liekthe trip went well, and yay for the keys! My SIL went to that Fp factory shop last year, so jenna got a few nice things for Chrissie from her.

Bec - hello - thanks for the tea. Have a nice week working, and I hope miss goes well tomorrow. No incident reports thanks!

Simone - sounds like you are having a crummy time between heat and bugs. Poor thing. Hopefully a cold change in the air? My feet want one! Thats for sure.

Belinda - good on you for cutting hair yourslef. And I agree - why pay when you can do it yourself. Just take lots of photos of the bad ones.

Shannon - yay for you being in here! My belly buddies are sooooo quiet! We haven't even made thread #2! Oh well, at least I have my old belly buddies.

Tanyay - hope you are well.

Other than that - things should slowly settle down over the next couple of days. On the plus, all the action has meant Jenna has slept the whole night, but she has been a total beast during the day, so I'd rather she slept well, and played well. I've been told my daughter needs the structure of childcare to thrive, which I completely disagree with, so I'm in two minds as to whether I should enrol for 1 day or just enjoy being mum at home with 2 busy ones.

Better dash! Got so much to check in on, and shane is sooooo not interested in much today at all. We are all in recovery mode

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - who told you Jenna needs childcare to thrive? I reckon she'd love it but I also don't think it's necessary. A day off might be good for you once the next bub comes along but Jenna is gonna thrive no matter where she is! She'll be able to go to 3 year old kinder soon enough. Hope you guys are recovering from your Mum and sister's visit

It's so nice to be home. Gab's nose is all snotty but she seems much better today than she has been. I think she's happy to be home too. We have a housework day planned today (ho-hum). I think she'll be more than happy just to hang around the house considering we've been out and about since Friday.

Belinda, LOL at poor Mason's haircut. Joel had many of those care of my mother. She has been told strictly no way is she to cut Tehya's hair. Alteast with a boy if it's that bad you can shave it all off. I saw a little boy at the shops yesterday who had Pox. of course Noah had to walk right up next to him. Fingers crossed we aren't the next ones down with it. It's abit daunting the first trip out with all of the kiddies. As long as you don't forget one, or leave one behind you've done well.

Deb, sounds like you had a fantastic shopping trip. I haven't been on one in years. I hope little Gab's nose clears up for her, poor little snot head. LOL at you not knowing about if Gab has a cowlick or not. You can actually see it on the scalp at the front even with very little hair. So I doubt that she does have one.

Yay on spending a day at home, even if it is to do housework. All too soon Gab will be big enough to help properly. Then again, I'm still waiting for that from my big boys.

Fi, I generally wear my hair all the same length although at the moment I have a fringe, stupid bloody hairdreser decided she would give me one. I warned her it would not work.

Jenna does not NEED childcare to thrive. She will trive anywhere as long as she is being stimulated. But I do agree with Deb in saying that it would give you a nice break with bub. That is why I started Noah off. Just so that I could have 1 day a week alone with Tehya. Tehya will be starting in March. She loves it at Noah's childcare centre. Know's the routine and where everything is and the teachers love her so I'm quite comfortable in my decision.

Tehya is surely a female. She now says with arms outstretched, palms facing upwards, MONEY !!! lol, she doesn't care who she ask's just so long as she gets some. Oh and the 'love you" especially when she is getting into something. Already she knows how to con us. She still has her rotten cough but her face is healing nicely, thank God. Might be able to get that Santa pic afterall.

HAHA she just sneezed and said bless you !!! This girl can sure talk up a storm. Must get it from her mum

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww Tehya sounds so cute. LOL @ saying "money". I suppose it's only a matter of time before all our little girls are battering their eyelids at Daddy... "Plleeeeease Daddy, can I have some money?". Glad her face is healing up nicely.
    I'm not sure if I'm game to try Gabby with Santa photos this year. I have a feeling she'll chuck a tanty.

Deb, I took Tehya past Snata yesterday. She stayed in the pram while Noah said hi. She sat in there and waved to Santa then said Bye to him and waved again.

I usually start a few weeks before I am ready to get the pic done by taking the kids just to say hello to Santa, sort of get them to warm up to him and not be frightened by him.

Maybe you can just test the waters with her and see how she goes....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast