Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - June 2005 #6

Debbie Lee Guest

Yay for Jenna's successful haircut, Fi

Trish - ouchies @ the lips.

Michelle - you're brave doing Alex's hair! Tho I guess with boys it's not too hard... if you stuff up you can just shave the lot off, LOL.

Dinky - well done on getting the Chrissy shopping done.

Simone - I hope everything gets better for you real soon, mate.

I got called into work today. Got the call at 7am. Neil had only got home from night shift at 6:20am so I had to wake him to look after Gab. Poor guy. Apparently she was pretty good for him... had a nice arvo nap so he got a bit of sleep (tho the dope fell asleep on the couch instead of going back to bed).
    It was good to finally get a day of work tho. Totally gorgeous little school. The kids were just amazingly well-behaved so I had an awesome day. The staff were super friendly too. With any luck I'll get a lot of work there. At least I've now paid for a few Chrissy presents

Hey Mummas,
    Well another day at work..its the same way I think of it Deb a day at work pays for some pressies
    Fi: Cant wait till I see Jennas new do..I'm glad she was happy to have those long locks tamed
    Deb: How wonderful the school is a gem...makes a big difference. It's good for mums to have some time away from domestic duties
    Trish :Hows those lips luv..
    Michelle: You are clever with clippers I do DH's but he always whinges I cut him pmsl not like I try too
    Eliza has been with MIL and Phil today
    god knows what they got up too
    I shouldnt complain they have been good. In my stupid way I offered to cook Christmas lunch...now regreting it. My mission of the week is to make Mil feel like she really wants to do it. I hope I have the skills
    Better go and clean this mess of a house up...it is getting worse and worse the longer I have been working. I'm sure Nick has dumped a pile of clothes off the line in the study..lol thats why I grab the laptop and walk out and not look...wondering how long that may last
    Bec
    Last edited by Visitor9; November 27th, 2006 at 09:08 PM. Reason: missed a whole sentance

will say it again, gee you girls can chat lol

Mason now has what looks like the chicken pox, thought he might of escaped but doesnt seem so, hoping he only gets it mild because of having needle last week, we shall see, i have a spot on my leg, hoping that its not CP!

Hope you all got cleaning done for those who were cleaning, my Mum cleaned up here, she is going back home tommorow so then its up to me again, so not looking forward to that at all!

Simone, Hope you managed to get your washing done yesterday and that the kids are feeling better. Tehya was born with redhair so was Noah, there was no mistaking it for her though. Noah's has just gotten darker.

Dinky, good to see you popping your head in. YAY at having all the Chrissy shopping done too. Very organised by the sounds of it. Atleast you got your Santa pic done too, even if it wasn't the best. I'm thinking that's what I will get this year too.

Fi, yay at getting Jenna's haircut without tears. Got to love that. Did you end up taking pictures ???

Michelle, Does Alex sit still for you ??? Sounds like he's doing great and growing nicely there.

Deb, YAY for a day at work and even better that they were nice all round there. Mayeb you will get a few more days in before Christmas, especially now the school knows you. Al the extra $$ at this time of year never goes astray.

Bec, I have been volunteered into Christmas lunch too. I was just coming to terms with doing lunch for my family when Mark went and invited his family up to !!! I have never even done Christmas lunch before and now I have not 2 families to cater for but 3 pkus the extra's that come along. On the upside atleast we don't have to spend half the day in the car.
    If you leave the laptop out of the study, say in your room, you won't have to go in there at all, then you can really hide from the washing pile

My lips. OUCH !!! Got myself some Blistex, thanks Fi. Is it supposed to tingle when you use it ?? Anyway, I got up this morning and they look like collagen gone wrong. They are so bloody sore and swollen. I have little blisters all over them, looks like they are turning into one massive coldsore, my whole top lip is covered and the outside of my bottom lip. I'm hideous, lol, well not yet, but if it's worse I will be.

Had an interesting afternoon, Joel was sent home from school yesterday with what is suspected to be a broken nose, had him at the Dr's yest and he wants him in for xrays today. Not that they can do much for it but still better to know. It's killing him, Dr told him no contact sport for atleast 2 weeks. This is a kid that plays footy everyday !! He hasn't risen yet this morning so I don't know if he has black eyes yet or not.

Was hoping to get in for the xrays early today as it's supposed to get up to 40 degrees again today.

Went out to dinner last night for my grandfathers Christmas party. YAY free grog and and feed. Was nice to get out, but I was thinking of all the things I have to do over the next few weeks and I wil be out most weekends. Poor Mark, I think he's got one night out and I'm going along to that one. Might have to send im out midweek.

Oh no Trish, you're going to be hideous for the dinner on Saturday LOL!!! J/K I'm sure it's not that bad.

How are you going miss Dinky? Glad to hear everything is ready for Christmas. I still have quite a few pressies to get. I'm actually watching some things on ebay so I don't have to go to the shops LOL! Poor Hayley with Santa, but at least you managed a photo with all three girls.

Belinda, we're cleaning today, my car's getting serviced, so it's not like we can duck out to the shops to egt away from the mess LOL!

My ironing is stacked up like a mountain at the moment too Bec. I did an hours worth last night and more today *sigh* A mother's work never ends!

Deb, glad you got some more work. It's always good huh?! Sounds like a great little school too.

As for us, not much happening. As I said cleaning etc is on the agenda for today. We had a drawing date with Piper yesterday & when Zander woke up this morning he was shouting "Piper" so I think he enjoyed it. Gym tomorrow & then we're going out for lunch with Piper & her mummy. Thursday nothing, Friday work, BB Christmas dinner on Saturday woohoo Then Sunday we are getting our Chrissy tree going to Piper's mum's surprise birthday party. So yeah actually there is a lot happening LOL!

Yeah thanks Sarah.

Sounds like Zander loved his play date. How is the gorgeous little man going ?? You week sounds nice and busy like mine. Today was going to be my day at home, but now I have to run around with Joel. What's new there. Atleast it wasn't him getting into fights or anythign this time, and no police are needed this time either.

How is Piper going too ?? She must be getting big now too.

OOh Trish - lips are sounding nice. I wonder if they are on par with my nose of a couple of months ago?? That was seriously a beauty.
    I dont know about tingling, but the blistex is great stuff - keep putting it on as often as you can. Always helps mine. So how did he break his nose? My little bro broke his a few times, ended up being crooked, but thats what happens when you are drunk and go to sleep with it all out of shape . Sounds like you are in the festive season alright! I think we have pretty much said no to most things in the next few weeks given I dont know whats happening with me babywise.

Sarah - Zander sounds like Jenna when we are going to play with Eliza. She absolutely loves her! Thats pretty cute though calling out Piper when waking up. We normally get Daddy..... Good luck on your washing and ironing. I am out of powder. Must fix that this morning!

Bec - Bring your leashes for the girls this morning. I'm glad you are going to be chasing them around leaving the fat pregnant one to sit on the ground and listen to the stories!

Deb - great about the school - I hope you get lots of work exactly when you want it! Not when Neil is working And go thte money for Chrissie presents!!

Belinda - bugger about the CP - hope you get out of it unscathed!

Simone - Sorry you have had an even tougher week than I realised. Big hugs for you

Right - I better finish cleaning some of this house. I did a fair bit yesterday for Shane tocome home and say - WHERE???. Darn it all. I must remember to clean up in the 20mins before he gets home so cyclone jenna doesn't have a chance to mess it up before he sees it!
    We had large conversations abotu the rubbish truck this morning - her favourite weekly visitor. She started off calling it a "big truck" but we managed to refine that to "ubbis truck" which I am pretty sure she gets now. We even looked at pictures in her machine book But then she went and bit me, so is in the bad books a little....... Grrrrr

Fi, I am using both blistex and cold sore cream. Joel was playing footy at lunch time when he fell and another boy fell on top of his head and smashed his head into the ground.

I don't blame you for saying no to all of the Chrissy things. Of course you have the perfect excuse.

I do the big run around 30 mintues before Mark gets home too. All the cleaning I do during the day is undone by the time he gets home. That way it is atleast half tidy. Gives you the craps when they don't noice the clean up too especially when you've made an extra effort.

OMG Trish she's definitely grown up since you guys saw her. Talks non stop & repeats everything. She's a crack up! A little bossy, but then again Zander is a real pushover! He's going really well. Has his first big scabby knee after spending the day with Granny on Saturday. You'd think seeing as it was the first time he stayed with her for more than an hour that she'd be extra careful, but nope. His poor little knee is so swollen

Zander is obsessed with the garbage truck as well & will drag me into his room to see it every Monday morning! LOL at Shane saying where yesterday, although I'm sure you weren't laughing. You'd think he'd know better than to say something like that to a heavily pregnant woman. And IKWYM about the cyclone & needing to clean u 2 mins before daddy gets home! I don't bother though.

I try to load up the dishwasher before he gets home, and that makes a big difference. I vacuumed all bar the front rooms yesterday, so of course it didn't look clean in the front of the house when he got home, so he didn't notice the rest.
    I even changed the sheets on the spare bed - despite him saying "why???". ummm - cause they have been on there for 3m? Regardless of them not being slept in that much, they are still well overdue for a change.
    Welcome the vacuuming waits for no person, and Jenna has just about got over her Hi5 encounter this morning. If I put it on I can keep her pretty much confined to the lounge for about 25mins...... We are at the tail end of that

Sarah, I think little girls are definately more assertive (my nice word for bossy and stubborn) Tehya is very head strong.

Ouchies on Zanders scabby knees too. Must get a good picture of them, what's a little boy without a scabby knee picture So he finally stayed at Grannys house hey. The first time Mark took Noah down to his parents house without me he got hurt too.

Debbie Lee Guest

Bec - PMSL @ ignoring the pile of washing in the study. Silly girl for offering to cook at Chrissy! Delegate woman! Delegate! Just cook the meat and get everyone to bring the rest, hehehe. I've scored a great deal this year. Cos Gab and I have to drive down to Geelong on Christmas morning (Neil finishes night shift at 6am that morning so he's gonna stay home and sleep then come down later) by Mum and sisters are cooking everything. Swwwweeet! Hope the m/s hasn't kicked in by then. I want turkey!

Belinda - woo hoo for your Mum cleaning for you. Gotta love Mums. When Gab's an adult she's gonna miss out because her Mum is the worst cleaner in the world. LOL. Oh no @ Mason's chicken pox. No fun! Hehehe...yep... we can chat! We're shadows of our former selves tho!

Trish - I reckon you'll do a brilliant job at cooking Christmas lunch. You're so used to cooking for stacks of people so you'll have it down pat Ouchies at the lip. I can just see you looking in the mirror howling; "I am not an animal!!!"... hehehe. Oh I shouldn't laugh. Sounds so painful.
    How on earth did Joel break his nose? I hope it wasn't a punch-up. I imagine it's quite painful too.... and to take sport away from him - that'd probably kill more! You social butterfly, you.. having your weekends all booked up.
    Gone are those days for me. *sigh*... I need to make some friends. How do I do that without seeming desperate??

Sarah - awww @ Zander calling out Piper. Isn't it great when they have little buddies? Gab saw Paige the other weekend when we were in Geelong (we got to hang out for the day) and OMG... there were kisses and cuddles.. and arguments... then more cuddles! So cute! Ooo have fun at the BB Christmas dinner. Say hi to everyone for me!

Fi - LOL @ your rubbish truck conversation. Sounds hilarious. OMG... don't you hate it when they don't notice the housework? I stayed up last night until 11pm folding washing. What's the bet Neil doesn't even comment (after having a dig at me the other day when he brought the washing in... he said; "Gee I'm a good housewife". Bugger!).

Can you believe a train went past for the first time during the night last night? It was about 1am. We live right next to the railway line. During the day it's not so bad. The train slows right down so it's not overly loud. I reckon 5 have gone past the whole time we've been here. It's just a frieght line so that's why we weren't stressed about living so close to it. But, yeah... last night... OMG! I'd already gotten up to Gab 2 times to give her dummy back. I was enjoying the portacot where the bloody dummy couldn't go walk-abouts. Do you reckon she woke? Nup! A fricken train can go past and she's fine... but if I pull the plug out of the bath... "Waaaaaaah!".

ETA - OMG... all the posts while I was typing this one! Chatterboxes!!

Gosh Fi, when i was pg, i organised to have people around to clean the house for me... Smack Shane 'round the head a little for that comment...

i got up at 6am to clean out the kids playroom... havent done it since we moved in (end of may) as i was on bed rest, and went into labour 2w later!!

I dont have ironing, as i deliberately buy clothes that dont need to be ironed... and as for my washing pile, i put it on the couch, so when the kids are in bed, i sit on the couch, watch tv and fold washing. Did all the sheets yesterday, and a bird crapped on 3 of them. i was p!ssed...

Debbie: I am hoping my boys find tidy wives because i wont be doing it either for them! I lucked out having a clean freak of a Mum myself, MIL is the oppisite!

Trish: I hope that Joel is ok

Sarah: hope you got that cleaning done after been trapped at home lol

Simone: Good for you and your cleaning effort this morning, i dont do that hour of the morning

Actually Mason woke up a few weeks ago at 6.30am, i went in and said mum doesnt do 6.30am! he went back to sleep till after 8am so that was good, i wasnt getting him up anyhow so he had no choice really

Mason is saying Cooper's name today, is cute, he was holding him on his lap earlier and putting dummy in and patting his belly, got it on video so that was good, he was quiet happy with him laying on him

Sheesh, I can't keep up in here anymore!! LOL

Violet had her firls bee bite about a week ago! I had to keep an eye on her becasue my Dad was allergic, and I had a mild reaction (which was PAINFUL for DAYS!!) She stared to swell up (her thumb) but it went down pretty quickly, and a couple of hours later it was fine.

Deb, I stayed at my friends place a few years ago and they live on the train track almost (alrigh a bit of an exageration) and after the inital, "What the hell is that?!" it actually put me back to sleep... Yeah I know, I'm weird!

Belinda, how CUTE!!! Mason, sounds like a sweety!

Simone, deliberatly buying clothes that don't need ironing...Phwah!! i just don't bother ironing, even if it is a crinkly as an old mans bum!! LOL

Sarah, LOL at the garbage truck obession!! Emily used to be the same, I would run out ontop the road so she could get closer, and the truck driver would always give a hearty wave

Not a lot going on here... went swimmin in the goulburn yesterday (Vic's largest River, but you all knew that right?? ) The girls loved it! Ummm... that's all I can think of...

TL
    Tanya
    Last edited by Tanya; November 28th, 2006 at 02:04 PM.

Deb, I have worked it out to do minimal cooking We are doing pork roasts, mum is bringing the ham and Mark's mum is bringing some chooks. His SIL who is Thai will be sure to add a different flavour to our roast lunch for sure.

Hun I'm your friend, just abit too far away for a cuppa hey.

Simone, don't you hate it when the birds get your washing. Either that or the freshly washed car. I like to be up early only if the kids are asleep. I like the quiet. Of course I'd much rather the sleep though.

Belinda, I really hope the spots are CP afterall. Lucky the you got Mason's injection already. How very cute Mason sounds with Cooper.

Tanya, good to have you in here again. This is what our threads used to be like when we were all pg together. WOW that seems like a long time ago now.
    Ouchy on Violets bee sting, poor bubba, they hurt too.

Joels nose isn't broken thank God, just nice and bruised. Haven't been back to the Dr's yet, I just opened up the xray slip myself and read it.

Got nice and hot here today but we just had a thunder storm for a whole 10 minutes, I'm sure that will only serve to make it steamier outside.

Tanya: Glad you had a nice swim yesterday, i have never heard of the place so i didnt know lol

Trish: Glad its not broken at least, saves having to deal with that as well

I just got to cook lunch and eat it and noone woke up to join me, how lucky is that, sad but i am happy about that lol

Otherwise not doing much at all here

Belinda, its nice having lunch to yourself, mine were awake, and i cooked myself pumpkin and Potato doup with cheese muffins, then had to share it... LOL

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast