Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - June 2005 #6

Sorry for crashing your thread guys but I googled cold sores and ended up here! lol

Just wanted to let Trish know that the best remedy for cold sores in Bi Carb Soda! I have suffered with cold sores all my life and recently was told about this and it is FANTASTIC. Even better than zovirax and HEAPS cheaper. Just make it into a paste and put it on. Can be messy as it dries up and falls off, but the mess is well worth the result. Apparently it works great on pimples too.

Thats a great idea Sarah..ohh I'm laughing thinking about Fi's nose with bicarb on it...people might of thought she snorted stuff.
    Forgot to say Eliza bit 2 kids today.its like a tally board now
    Will do personals tomorrow..tut tut to me
    Bec

Hey sarah

Its ok, you can crash our thread thats a great remedy!! i wonder if my 3yo will let me paint his face with the bi carb...

Sarah, thanks for that. How funny that of all my post's a damn one about my monsterous coldsore came up on google. I am getting pretty desperate now so I may actually try the bi carb. Problem is I will need it over half of my face :eek:

Bec, you didn't put a movie on at that time did you ?? Silly mummy, still when your desperate for sleep you will try anything.

Dee, good to see you in here. Hope the boys are going well and you get back soon to tell us how you are going.

Tanya, I read your post and was thinking WT ?? Then I realised what you were talking about. LOL. Bags not putting the animal herpes cream on either the animals or myself

Fi, I got the Zovirax for $12, then of course I saw this post when I got home. Oh well, I have started to use it but not sure how it's going. This definately isn't a normal sort of coldsore. Normally I would get it on my lip, but this is spreading little blisters to my cheeks, nose, and chin, they are so bloody itchy too. I'll never complain about the scabby ones again on my lip.

Be sure to get to packing your bag tomorrow. You don't want to be running around during your super fast labour trying to pack it all. (Yes, I'm sending you speedy labour vibes) YAY on all of your baking too. Sure you aren't nesting ??? LOL

Deb, how are you and Gabby going ?? Oh and of course little Bie ?? If you got the great sleeper in the group then I definately got the worse one, Teh has still never slept through the night. The most we ever had was one wake up overnight. Very sad given that she's nearly 21 months old.

Had a very eventful day. A few unexpected surprises too. Check out my post in Medical conditions.

Tehya did ok at swimming. She didn't pass today's class though so we have to try again next week. Still I am very happy with her progress.

Better take my butt into bed. Very tired and itchy. Time for more cream I think...Again, I think thank God it's not my fanny !!! That's got to hurt....

Bec, wow Eliza is out doing herself. I guess there's not alot you can really do for biting and she's still little. Does she bite at home ?? Maybe it's a frustration thing. LMAO at Fi snorting the Bi carb.
    Last edited by Trish; November 29th, 2006 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Comment for Bec

Bec - If its any consolation Jenna bit me again today..... Little $%&#())@&%. She was really upset at the time, and I was cuddling her, and she bit my neck.
    If she does it once more I will bite her back. Hard. Really, really hard. Grrrr

Shane is off for the rally this morning. He decided that Jenna had his harley keys this morning, so he wandered around for about 20mins looking everywhere for them, asking jenna if she had seen Daddy's keys. I finally found them. In his bag. Dufus!
    So hopefully he will get a good day out on the bike and burn a bit of his stress out. Hopefully he doesn't get arrested!
    I hope your face gets better quickly Trish - the worst thing about mine was definitly the swelling, and the pain! The scabs took about 2w to go. Yuck!!!

Well I better get ready to go. The Toys r Us catelogue had a cool desk/playset thingy that we have decided to buy jenna for Christmas. I'm not 100% on it, but its $200 off, (down to $100) and apparently the shop doesn't know how many they are getting, and have recommended I queue outside the shop at 8:45 to get a guaranteed stock. SO not into it. Do you reckon Shane would know if I didn't do it?? I could tell him, I'm sure he wouldn't know.

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL Fi... yeah... you could make up some story about a free-for-all outside toys-r-us and that you just missed out! Ouch @ Jenna biting you. Gab's a pincher more than a bighter. I'm with you tho... she pinches me, I pinch her back!
    No work for me today because of the strikes. I'm not sure Johnny Howard's guilt-trip on teachers worked, LOL. Funny that. Either way, emergency teachers can't be hired to cover teachers if they are away because of a strike. I remember once I was working (had been booked in before the strike so I was still able to be there) and it was a glorious day to be at work. Hardly any kids, a handful of teachers and a day of nothing but fun and play! I wasn't going to strike if it meant I missed out on $200... no way! LOL

Trish - I'll have to go and check out your other thread. You poor thing with your coldsores getting worse! Hope the bi-carb does the trick.

Urggh... Gabby just poured her breakfast all over her chair... better go clean it up. I'll be back!

YUCK! at all the puss scab talk in here!! I do not envy you Trish!! Poor girl...

You girls wanna hear something funny!? I have snorted bicarb!!! LMAO!! It was in high school.. and it hurt!! What a dumb a$$!!

Violet only bites Emily... norty!!

So did you get the dest Fi...LOL! Not into lining up at shops either!!

Trish, isn't Tehya a clever little girl!! I astill think swimming lessons should be subsidised!! It is so importent esp for the country kids will all the water around their properties.

Catch you all soon... Violet just pooed on the floor!!

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

PMSL Tanya... hope you had fun cleaning up the poo.
    We snorted whizz-fizz in high school. We were so cool!! hahaha

Bec - sorry forgot to say before... LOL @ keeping a tally of Eliza's bighting. She must just go to childcare with some tasty lookin' kids

We've been to playgroup and back. Gab decided she could climb the rope ladder. She couldn't do it last week. She was halfway up when one of the ladies said to me "Is your little girl ok?". By the time I got to her, she was up and ready to go down the big slide. I wonder what it'll be next week. Cheeky monkey.

Hey all - Tanya - I got to the shop at abotu 10am, and they still had the things there, actually they had 3 of them, but the queue was HUGE, and I so wasn't going to line up for 30mins with Jenna being ratty and a cup of tea on the wait at bec's house. Besides, it looked like cheap crap, and we have a nice timber set on order for Chrissie, so I think I'll just wait til then.
    I really want to have a set that other kids can sit at with Jenna when they come over, a desk sort of defeats the purpose.

Well Shane went into the rally, and is home. He said it was pretty disappointing that there weren't as many people as they thought there would be. Not to start a political debate, but if people who agree with these protests dont start making some sacrifices now and getting to these rallies, Australia aint going to have anywhere near the working conditions they have now in 10y time.
    I went through it all in NZ, and spent my entire working time through high school and uni without penal rates. Its not right, and working families have to stand up and make themselves heard. Otherwise its not going to be fun for our kids in the future.
    OK - moan over.

Debbie Lee Guest

Is it hot down there, Fi? Maybe the heat is keeping everyone away?
    Good idea getting the nice timber set for Jenna instead. Gab's table and chairs have been sooo handy.

Nah Deb...lol I will answer its getting a tad steamy I think the heat will be humidity. Wow Gab sounds really co-ordinated clever little girl. Hows it doing up your way..do you have a bad bushfire season?
    Trish: Hope your mouth and cheeks are feeling better with the cream, I dont get herpies lol
    Fi: Yeah umm can you come back and help me clean the mamoth child mess up pmsl. Eliza just wanted to say goodbye to Jenna obviously she couldnt handle knowing the Jenna was awake and her nasty mum had put her to sleep
    Tanya: OMG it sounds like it hurts..not going to ask why , It hurts when I laugh and snort drink out my nose..Eww poo hope it wasnt a runny one
    Simone: Hope your looking forward to a biggy on Sat night..lol I have already told Fi to help me behave pmsl
    Well a quiet day here, I have to go and get some grocerys the poor cat is eating tuna from a tin and looks unimpressed.
    I have to have a scan tomorrow, Fi thinks I'm getting sympathy pains for her as I have had like labour pains ( well what I imagine they feel like) One great thing about dodgy cervix no labour pain!!) I told her if I wet myself when her waters break I will not be happy.
    Bec

Well apparently it wasn't hot in Melb until Shane was on his way home. It wasn't hot this morning - I had a woollen cardigan on!! But it is warm now.
    No excuse..grumble grumble.... Apparently Jimmy Barnes was really good though.

Bec - sorry about leaving all the mess. You can trash my place next time

Debbie Lee Guest

Bec - PMSL... hope you don't wet yourself when Fi's waters break Hope the scan reveals why you've been having those pains. Ya poor chook!

Yep... looks like we may have a bad bushfire season up here as they had to cancel the spring burn-off because of the weather getting so hot so early. Neil has been cleaning up the yard today.

Ooo and he saw a snake! He grabbed Gab and brought her inside, threw on his steel-caps and took the shovel out to kill it. I watched him (telling him to maybe leave it alone cos i didn't want it bighting him) and he got it a beauty... only to find out it was a friggen rubber snake!! He'd discovered it whilst cleaning up leaves etc. The previous owners must have left it as a gift. Hmm... not impressed! Neil thought it was funny. He plans to use it to scare a few of his mates. Typical!

Mess is easy cleaned up...bundle hands full of crap thrown in the toy box
    Who's child is still asleep............................MINE!!!!
    3+ hrs thank goodness Nick has the day off tomorrow..jic the night is looonng
    Bec

Bec - As i live in Tullamarine, im going to get DH to drop me off, and just tram it back later... the trams run until 1am!! That way i can have a few drinks and some fun Bet i know who the DD is out of you and Fi :P hehe

Deb - dont our cheeky lil monkey's surprise us!! Declan turned around and said to MIL clear as day "I pinch your arse." I couldnt stop giggling (behind my hand, as he shouldnt say these things) but this IS the MIL who when you say to Declan "What does nannie say?" He growls saying "Nooooooooo norti." And Xander has been teaching him to say nordi things...

Well i went shopping in Malvern today (to the ABA shop) and bought myself a beautiful strawberry and nougat HAB!! A splurge for myself, but as anneliese has only just hit 5kg, i figure i sill still get alot of wear out of it. It was $20 off (so paid $95). Pretty good as i was looking on Ebay the other day, and second hand ones were going for $90!! Hahaha

HAB sounds devine Simone...almost nice enough to eat strawberry and nougat! Yummm. Great buying too. Ah yup I am passenger Bec taking a few roadies..lol no chips tho dont want to spill in the new car. I'm sure I will be annoying enough on the way home
    Bec

PMSL Bec... I was thinking about roadies, but im only like 20 mins from Lygon St, and i will prolly be tipsy enough after a bottle of wine LOL

And my HAB is DIVINE I will try and post pics of Anneliese in it on my website on the weekend... Its mostly a light pink with a cream pocket. It took me 20 mins to choose which colour i wanted (out of about 5 colours) choices choices....
    Last edited by simone; November 30th, 2006 at 03:09 PM. Reason: tospy.... i havent started drinking yet PMSL

Debbie Lee Guest

Have fun on Saturday guys And have a drink or 2 for me, Bec

Simone - good job on the HAB! I can't wait to use mine again (I'm sure it'll get more use this time too... being a winter baby and all).

So tired. Want a Nanna nap... but it's too late!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast