Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - June 2005 #7

aaww cute about them being in love with her and he is settling a bit today in bed so i might be lucky, we shall see

Oh Cooper rolled over from his tummy to his back a few times now, thought that was clever at 6wks, but could be the norm lol, i dont have friends with babies so i never have a clue, which is good in a way

Hey everyone... Just calling in to say hi *waves*

I cant believe that Dom will be 2 next month! Where did all the time go?? He still isnt talking.. Just babbles... mum,dad,bub,bot,more and ta... I dont know if it has anything to do with his tongue tie,but if he isnt talking by just after age 2 im thinking about taking him to see someone about it.

Hope everyone elses little bubbies are good!

Hi Suzi, wow @ Dom being almost 2, time certainly flies, I`m not sure where this year has gone, it`s gone much quicker then any other year.

Belinda - Yay for Cooper rolling, my little fatty is too fat to roll LOL, he`ll get onto his side and that`s where he stays. LOL at you saying with two young ones your pram got bigger, mine got smaller.

Fi - LOL I have to admit the first few weeks with the two I was pulling my hair out thinking Matthew needs to go to daycare, but I kept rehearshing - It`s got to get better, it`s got to, it does get better. Going out is a breeze, it`s at home when the nightmares often happen. GL with the acupuncture, hope it does the trick

Bec - Oh no @ Eliza working out how to climb out of the cot, I`m waiting for Matthew to do the same, perhaps he`s too scared to considering he`s still in Mummy and Daddy`s room.

Haven`t had much time to pop onto BB last few days, it was Mark`s birthday on Thursday and the morning before he told me he`s thinking he`s getting depressed, we haven`t had much time for each other and we have been fairly distant but since then we have both tried harder and the love is there but with two young ones our relationship has been pushed aside. I knew something was up, thought he was falling out of love with a nuisance wife but that doesn`t seem the case just a number of things rolled into one. Also he`s missing his Dad terribly plus the state of the farm with ongoing drought and no irrigation isn`t good as we don`t have any cash flow and it could mean after 5 generations of dairying Mark might have to be the one to close it down then look for work elsewhere but he has no qualifications, he left school at 13years, 9 months to work full time on the farm with his Dad.

Going to Sydney on Wednesday, just for the day to do a few things but it makes such a long day as we`re 2.5 hours away.

Matthew is good but he`s getting a cold, his 2nd cold so I guess I can`t complain. He`s out with my Dad atm and Adrian`s having a nap, I should really be folding the washing while I can but I`m here on BB instead, have a mile of washing on the line but it`s so hot out there I don`t feel like getting it in just yet.

Hope your all well.

Take Care

Dee

Dee: Sorry to hear things havent been good, so glad that he talked about it though and it wasnt just left till it couldnt be helped, sorry to hear about the farm not going well and i hope something works out for the best for you guys

I do understand what you mean about the two young ones and no time at all for each other, its such a difference compared to just the one younger one i find, i really need to find time for us as well somewhere in there, but i am thinking its only been 6wks so its early days

Dee hugs to you, my family comes from a farming community in WA< and a lot of the farmers out there are very depressed... I hope this drought breaks soon.

I know the feeling re no time for relationships. My marriage is at breaking point, its either gonna bust or we will work through it. Having 3 under 3 doesnt help...

Oh Dee - Sorry to hear that things are rough. I admit I'm a little cranky with Mr Man today too....... Sometimes it seems like its just going through the paces, day after day. He has a terrible sense of humour - thinks things are funny when really they aren't at all, and doesn't know when to give somethign up.
    Anyway, I'll just shut up, cook dinner and be the fat uncomfy one in the corner. I think I might ignore the world tonight and go to bed early......

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww Dee... I can only imagine how tough the drought situation is on the farmers. It's good that Mark has opened up to you... that's a HUGE step for him to take to let you know that he's maybe not 100% coping. Definitely keep the lines of communication open (as tough as it must be with 2 little ones). Would he go and speak to someone? He must feel the weight of the world on his shoulders. I'll be thinking of you guys.

Fi - hugs matey. Sounds like ignoring the world is a good idea.

I'm a bit dispondent after seeing my Dr. today. Looks like I'm gonna have a battle on my hands if I want to try for a VBAC. Not that anything is set in stone yet cos everything around here moves at a snail's pace. I don't even have to book in to the hospital until 20 weeks!! Sheesh!

Library time wasn't great this mroning. They made christmas trees, and the "Teacher" person brought fruit loops to be the decorations on the trees. Guess who's child wanted to eat the decorations.....
    Oh well, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger! Its the last one for 6w now,a nd then we are off to the central library as ours is being ripped down in about 3w. Not sure how long it will take to rebuild.

I have got application forms for jenna for playgroup next year. We are trying at the montessori and steiner schools. They are on the other side of geelong, but I figure if I get into a playgroup that works for us, its worth the 15min drive. Tell me that when I have a screaming newborn in the back too.....
    The monte school is my first pick, but they are already full term 1 and 2, the steiner school does 6m to 3y, so at least I will be able to get no 2 in there once they are old enough. Rather than having to go on a waiting list again.

And I've finally put a horrendous photo of my fat tummy on bubbys website. God knows why. I didn't realise I was looking so fat........

Great pic Fi

And i would want to eat the decorations too if they were pretty fruit loops, silly teacher

Debbie Lee Guest

You don't look fat, Fi.... just really preggo I think it's a great photo. A fun photo.

Fi, I like the picture. I think it looks great. Not fat at all, pregnant yes, but even then not huge LOL at Jenna eating the fruit loops, yummy, I don't blame her, I love them. Next time you get to go to library time you'll have a new little bubba for all of the kids to annoy too... Goodluck in getting Jenna into the kinder you've chosen. I don't even want to ask how much it is worth.

Deb, FIngers crossed you can either sway this Dr y showing him how very determined you are to have a VBAC or you can find one who will completely back you up and support you. Don't let him put doubts into your head, you are capable of doing this.

Belinda, yay for Cooper rolling, what a clever little man he is. I'm sure though that 6 weeks is very early.

Dee, I am so sorry that things are so hard for you guys out there. It must be heartbreaking for both you and DH. Praying for a load of rain to come your way real soon. I know that won't solve the problems but I'm sure it will go a big way in helping. It really is great though that DH can talk to you and let out his feelings and emotions. Huge hugs all round. Hope you have a nice time in Sydney tomorrow. It's pretty cool here atm so wear warm clothes. It's actually been raining alittle too. Maybe you can sneak some back with you

Suzi, yay for Dom being nearly 2. Time surely does fly hey. Not sure on his tongue tie delaying his speach. Is it a bad one. My eldest son has a tie but never really had any problems with his speech development. All kids learn at a different pace though so try not to stress.

Tanya, hope you all have a fantastic Christmas and New Year and are back bright and early with that big Blue BFP !!!

Had my xray done yesterday and thankfully no fractures, just badly bruised and very swollen still. Went to the Dr's today to have the dressing changed and it's healing great, no signs of infection or anything so that's great.

Brandon has his year 6 formal tonight, no parents invited It's at the local RSL. Still I made sure I gave him a camera to take lots of pics nad took some of him before he left. He really is growing up.

Joel has a school disco tonight so is dressed nice and gone out too. Noah is in bed asleep, without dinner. He crashed out in the car and Tehya is still roaming the house. Mark has to go to touch footy tonight so hopefully I will get some peace in about an hour or so.

Might actually get some pressies wrapped. My room is surrounded in presents in plastic bags. LOL. Just waiting for some keen (or not so keen) person to wrap them. Let me tell you, wrapping for 4 kids plus all the family is way too much.

Haha Trish - my parents used to to for 4 kids, and all the santa stockings! Luckily my mum loves christmas
    Sounds like you have the night sussed out. Hopefully a quiet one for you. Are you getting around better?
    The kinder isn't any more expensive from what I understantd. The playgroup, which is juts normal playgroup like anywhere else is about $70-$100 a term for one session, so thats fine, and then the most expensive it gets is 4yo kinder, 18hrs a week for about $500/term. From what i understand, this is pretty standard. Scary huh? Specially for little old me that went public schooling the whole way through life. I think the fees at my high school were about $60 a year?? You can't get a kid anywhere now for that amount.

Fi I ditched the crutches, too bloody hard. Just walking around on my heal now. Not much fun though. Can't keep up with the little ones and I'm sure they know I can't too

So I guess the fee's aren't THAT bad. I'd hate to see what primary school fees are like though. Joel's high school fee's aren't too bad, just the elective subjects that get you. I think the school contribution fund is $70 then you have subject fees on top of it.

Night would be sorted if Teh would go to sleep. Can't she tell I only have about an hour at most of quiet before Brandon is back. I had to get his Dad to pick him up as Mark is at touch. Miserable sack of crap he is. Of course he had a whinge, he lives 5 seconds around the corner from where it is too. Didn't like the fact that he had to go inside the club to pick him up. Gezz, I managed 3 flights of stairs to take him there.

Joel has been sneaking out again of a nighttime. I thought he must have lastnight. He was so tired and grumpy this morning and even worse this afternoon. He says he doesn't see what the difference is if it's day or night time that he's out ???How teh hell am I supposed to know if anything happens to him. He doesn't even have a mobile anymore so it's not like when I bust him I can call him up. And of course I don't know exactly where he is going. I do nkow though that he has himself a girlfriend. She's 13 !! Not happy about that. I had a talk with him and told him that she was jail bait and not to do anything with her. How does it work though if they are both underage ??

I think if they are both underage its not illegal - as in statutory rape. Not sure what it is then.....
    That little boy of yours is a rascal!!

Fi, I think of it this way. Any child that comes after Joel has got to be a breeze. God wouldn't give me 2 or 3 of them, surely

He says they haven't done anything. And so far I believe him. I have also had the talk about making sure he uses protection, this was prior to me finding out she was 13.

Do you think it's a bad thing to make sure he has condoms - like I am condoning it ?? Which I'm not. Or is it a good thing in that I am trying to make sure he is "careful" when he does do it. Because let's face it, he's a teenage boy with load's of hormones raging, even if it's not with this girl it's only a matter of time before it's with another.

I think you are doing the right thing by making sure he has protection, better than dealing with a teenage girl standing at your door pregnant or him getting something from someone, i say to my nephew dont do a thing unless its wrapped up! he just looks at me strange lol but gets the message

Sorry to hear he is sneaking out, such a worry for you, my nephew who lives with us didnt call me the other week and didnt come home till 9am, i was so worried as he always rings me to tell me where he is! he did say sorry when he seen how worried i was though, got his year 11 report card today, he did pretty well with a's and b's mainly and a D in maths.

Belinda, sounds like your nephew is a pretty good kid. I know that look too. I get it from Joel as well. I also tell his mates to make sure they keep it covered. I'd hate to see any of them screw their lives up.

Joel hasn't got his report card yet. Then again, I still havent seen his half yearly one.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast