Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - June 2005 #9

Deb, it won't be pine looking as such, more of a painted bed

What a PITA still not having air. Tell Neil to pull his finger out, your pg for God's sake. Hope you have a nice time with your visitors today. And remember that they are there to visit you not look at your house. Still, it is nice to have it looking clean and tidy hey. I don't clean until just before people come over either. With all my kids it's soon trashed otherwise.

Best go, off to go shopping. Mark is taking Noah to the movies again and I am getting Tehya's bed linen off layby. Another step closer

Hi,

Trish - no comment on the bed. You have to do what suits you guys best I'm sure you will have it all sussed soon though.

Hamish put on 300g this week. I am super mummy God knows the child is always wanting more booby, so I'm not surprised he has stacked it on. Still he is just nudging 7lb, so its like I've had a free newborn for 2 weeks.
    Sleep is OK. We are getting acouple of stretches at night which have been nice, but Jenna has been a little unsettled the last few hot nights with mum here.

Hope eveyrone else is happy and healthy

We're still not even considering a big bed yet over here, there is no way Zander would stay put when he's put in there to start with. We're lucky in that we've got my old king single bed for him when the time comes, it still has my old mattress & he can use that until he gets a bit bigger.

Hope you enjoy your visitors today Deb. Bummer about the hot weather, ours is crazy at the moment, mostly raining which isn't much fun with an almost 2 year old!

Well the trampoline still isn't up, but we're a step closer, sort of LOL! I dragged the heavy thing out (43kg) to the backyard, opened it up & though OMG it's huge! I spread out the mat that goes over the springs & it doesn't fit. In our backyard we have the pool, a big deck and then a section with grass where the clothesline is. The problem is that the grass section also used to have trees which Aaron cut down (the March girl might remember, he did it Easter Sunday when Zander was a week old??), so it won't fit between the tree stumps and still be clear of the clothesline. So now we have to get rid of the stumps & level up the ground, we were going to *at some stage* but now we're going to have to do it sooner if Zander is going to have the chance to use his present. So fun fun we have to work out how much it's going to cost.

Other than that, pretty boring here. Walking up to Granny & Pop's house today for lunch so Zander can ride his bike & show it off to them. And I'm going to order the blinds for his new room so I can finally rearrange the house.

Sarah, I hope you sort out the trampoline. Nothing like opening a can of worms!! We were surprised how easily Jack went into a bed. I thought we'd try it so we didn't have to buy another cot. He was sleeping well in the cot, but I thought for sure he'd keep getting out of the bed. But no, he's been really good.

Trish, I'm sorry you are still struggling for sleep. It makes me feel more normal knowing others are the same!

LOL at all the bubs starting terrible 2s! Jack has started too but we haven't had any bad tanties yet so I think it's going to get worse.

Tom's had two good nights in a row, waking around 1:30 and 5. But the night before last Jack was awake from about 1 till 4. He usually never wakes up in the night. On the odd occassion that he does it's usually a nightmare and one of us goes in and cuddles him and then he goes back down after about 5 minutes. This time he got up and came into our room (only the second time he's done that since going into a bed about 2 months before Thomas was born). DH decided to put him in bed with us instead of taking him back to his room. Big mistake, Jack has never slept in our bed. He will lie there for a while, and then he starts wriggling and climbing over and stuff. He just won't fall asleep. Eventually he took him back to his room and Jack fell asleep in his own bed in about 90 seconds! We know what to do next time now!!

My cold is better now so I slept really well last night. I went to bed at 8:30 last night and didn't get woken up until 1:40. It's the longest block of sleep I've had in ages. I feel so refreshed today.

Well after I finished posting Aaron called me outside & he had the trampoline up It's right up against the fence but that's ok. We just have to trim the neighbours tree a little to put the net up which Aaron will be doing very soon, so YAY!

Sarah, YAY at having the tramp up. Yes I remember Aaron cutting the tree's down to. I remember you being very impressed. LOL. Tehya doesn't sleep much in her cot anyway, more often that she is in our bed, so I figured why now, plus she can climb out of the cot now. Oh yesh and we are lending it to my brother and his girlfriend Simone (shorty on here) for their new baby that is due in March. Not giving anything away now that Mark is considering another baby in the future.

Melanie, good to hear that Tom is sleeping well for you. You will always have times where the kids tag team it. Mine do it during day time sleeps. That's when I can get them to have one.

Fi, sounds like Hamish is going great. All that booby juice is doing wonders for him. He's still smaller than all of my babies were born. I would so love to have a 5 pounder. 6 pounds would do me. YAY on getting some half decent sleep too.

Got Tehya's sheets, and quilt cover off layby. I have the coverlet for it on layby at another store so was going to return the q cover, Don't think I need both of them but I want to make sure. Don't want to return the cover and not be able to get the coverlet out and loose both of them. Does that make sense,feels like I just talked in a circle. Also got a Tontiene mattress protector and pillows. Great sales in Target. The protector was $35 down from $60 and got 2 pillows for $12 instead of $22. Oh yeah got this nice fleecy blanket for $6 !! It was priced $29 but when I took it to scan it it came up at $6 so I had to grab it.

Hope everyone is having a great day

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Not giving anything away now that Mark is considering another baby in the future.
    WOAH, did I miss something???

Tramp is fully set up with net & everything now, but as a result I'm a little sunburnt - oops!

Sarah
    More news too. Mark and I had a big D & M lastnight, and it would seem that he would maybe like another child. In another 5 years !!! Well, that is atleast a change from him rather ginving himself a vastectomy. MAybe by the time he is ready I will be over it .... Who knows. But atleast he is willing to consider it now
    Was in the last thread.

Still, it's only a maybe. We will see how we feel about it in a few years time. Although he did mention it again today so...

YAY for you tramp being together. So have you been having fun on it ? Maybe you and Aaron can try it out at night :wink:

Nah can't try it out tonight, maybe in a few more days Wow on Mark's change of heart, very good indeed

Declan has been in a bed for about 3/4 months now, it was hard at first (only because he shares a room with Xander, and it was lots of fun to play after bedtime!) but now the boys share a bunk bed, and they are great!! I can put them down together and they are fine!! We have a smaller than usual cot, and declan is quite tall (almost 100cms) so we wanted him out of it sooner rather than later!!

Dying here, so darn hot... spent the day with a friend from BB shopping and going thru her wine cellar... we're having a wine party (was meant to be a ****tail party, but she's got over 500 bottles of wine, and needs people to drink some!!) so was a good day. Kids in daycare.

Sarah, just make sure you have some insect repellant or a blanket, mossie bites hurt :wink:

Simone, that sounds like my sort of party. Shame we're so far away or I'd be inviting myself

Heeheehee trish, you'd be the life of the party

In the june baby buddies we're always chatting and we meet up regularly, (mostly to go shopping) and have been talking about going out or doing something like this, and when one of the girls mentioned she had too much wine, well it was sorted!!

Just posted about my DH's website in general chatter, so happy to see a good reception - he only launched it today!! see me and the kids - declans down in the bottom left hand corner

Just had a squizz at Ryan's site. It looks really good. Helps when there's someone around who can take decent pictures of the kids hey. Saves so much money. Photography is a real cut throat business though, alot of who you know and owrd of mouth.

I wish him heaps of luck though.

Hope you girls have a great night and remember to have a few for me

He knows ken duncan trish It is a hard business, thats why its more of a hobby, but if it gets anywhere, great!! its a good attitude to have, i think Thanks for the luck, hopefully he wont need it, he can get by on talent alone...

Hi gals! Tom has been very unsettled the last couple of days and Dad is here so I haven't had much time. Sunday is Tom's Christening so it's going to be a busy weekend. I'll try and catch up on Monday. Tom also has his first swimming lesson tomorrow. Jack started today with a tanty bcos he didn't want to get down off his step after washing his hands (after doing wee on the toilet). Looks like the terrible twos are getting closer! He is also parrotting everything even more lately so DH is constantly hearing his swearing repeated back. I wonder what they think of us at day care!

Hi Girls

My Mum has just left so now I can hopefully get back into some sort of routine, we had a good week, I even got to see my neice and nephew whom I haven`t seen for 3 years (due to my sister having her nose out of joint about a few things), my neice who is nearly 13 looks like she`s 18 with dolly paron boobs, why did I miss out on BB`s like that, here I am feeding and still I`m small boohoo.

My eldest neice is having problems again with her pregnancy, things aren`t looking good this time round again and to make things worse she also has placenta previa.

re beds, Matthew is still in his cot, we have been talking about moving him to a bed for sometime but I know he will not stay in a bed I`d much perfer him to stay in his cot for now but Mark doesn`t want to buy another cot for Adrian, we`re going to have to decide what to do soon as Adrian will need to move out of his cradle in about 2 months time. Matthew is also still in our room, along with Adrian.

Adrian is wanting BB, I`ll bbl

Debbie Lee Guest

Happy Mummy here! Just a little excited because I am finally able to put Gabby's hair up. I know, I know... some of you have been doing it for ages but I'm so proud of my little baldy! We put pretties in her hair then I showed her how cute she looked in the mirror so, guess what? She didn't pull it out!! She was quite proud of herself indeed! Now Gabby looks like a real little girl... just SOOOO cute! Of course I took photos and, of course, they're on her website. There's one here.

Sorry to hear about your neice having such trouble with her pregnancy, Dee. Hope you can figure out a solution with the cot. Does someone have one that you can borrow? Or can you use a port-a-cot until Matthew is ready for a big bed?

Melanie - hope tomorrow goes nicely for you. Christenings are so lovely!

Damn started my post and the page crashed on me.

Deb, Gabby looks gorgeous with her little spout happening. She sure does look proud of herself in that picture too. Yay for finally having enough hair for you to put pretties in

Melanie, I hope the Christening goes off nicely tomorrow. Goodluck. FIngers crossed you get some decent sleep tonight too.

Dee, I'm hearing you on the young girls with their big boobs and being left behind. No fair hey. Good to hear that you had a nice week with your mum there. Sorry about your niece, poor girl. Fingers crossed all works out good for her.

We have had a very busy and active day today. The boys room caught on fire. Thankfully no one was hurt. I have another post about it but I am sure most of you have seen it already. House Fire

We were supposed to be going into Darling Habour and were getting ready to leave the house when it happened. We are going in tomorrow now, it's Mark's last day off before he goes back to work on Monday and he doesn't want to stay at home even thought there is alot to be done in the room still. We are going to go to the Maritme museum, they have a water play thing there and a pirates show. Noah will lvoe it. Mark was going to go on the the jetboat ride around the habour with Joel but that probably won't happen now. The big boys are at their dad's for 2 nights. Probably a good thing too, that way their room can air out.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast