Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - March 2005 #3

Debbie Lee Guest

Ooo he better stop that quick-smart, Trish!
    My friends little girl says it to her all the time because she knows it hurts her. I hope Gabby doesn't do that to me (it'd be true!! LOL).

Simone - Declan will get there. He's probably more of a thinker than a talker

Hmm yeah I'm getting "Whats that" how do explain to a 19 month old that it is from eating too much lol.
    Got my immunisation allowance today hoorrahhh, I think I might buy Eliza something special after all she had to go thru the pain but then again I had to take her. Nick has been allocated nothing as he never bothered to go and never helped when she was all hot and upset the nights after
    Bec

Debbie Lee Guest

Hehehe... yep...go spoil yourselves, Bec! Woo hoo.. that must mean that Gab's allowance isn't too far off! That'll go on....wait for it (it's exciting)... the mortgage! Hooorrraaaaaah!!! hehehe

Simone,
    Eliza isnt saying much..the last week I can decipher up mum dad out nan bath but that is about it. I mentioned it too the paed he said not to worry till they hit 2. They should be able to string 2 words together but that is 6 months away. I've noticed a change in the last week so Declan may have a week like this soon
    Bec

I have noticed lately that he's saying more, its only been recently that he's said anything more than mum and dad. and he says cink or bot-bot for drink. I can understand certain things. So im glad he's not behind. Xander was speaking quite fluently by about 2, so maybe delcan wont be too far behind

Debbie Lee Guest

Kids are amazing creatures. They develop so quickly with their skills - even when you think it's not gonna happen!

I have noticed lately that he's saying more, its only been recently that he's said anything more than mum and dad. and he says cink or bot-bot for drink. I can understand certain things. So im glad he's not behind. Xander was speaking quite fluently by about 2, so maybe delcan wont be too far behind.

My little Xander has gone quiet, he was meant to be going to the potty ..... i dont want to know what he's doing

Debbie Lee Guest

Hehehe yeah... silence usually means they are up to something!
    Last time Gab went quiet she was pulling all the linen out of the cupboard in the hallway... grrr!

Simone, thankfully those comments from Noah are few and far between. He does tell me I'm a hubba, or beautiful on occasions too.

We got Tehya's immunisations allowance a few weeks back now. I used it to get her summer clothes laybuy off.

I am definately finding that Tehya is talking much better than my other children at her age. Brandon was a very clever baby and still is quite smart, just very lazy.

Tehya can string 2 words together and has been able to do so for quite some time now. She will tell me if she wants a cup or bottle, she will tell me if she want's juice, or ju as she calls it. She knows where the sultanas are kept and will go to the cupoboard and jump up trying to reach them telling me tana's.

Her motor sills are coming along great too. She can throw and kick a ball beautifully. She will try to put the puzzle together and can feed herself with both a fork and spoon great. She also drinks out of a regular cup with no problems.

What she does not do, however, is bloody SLEEP. I would gladly give up one of her talents for some sleep. How she manages it all I don't know.

Tehya was quiet earlier too, she was in Noah's room empting out his drawers... again !!!

HEy trish, i just did declans 18m needles about a month ago... Just curious how much is it and how long did it take to come in?? thanks

About $222. It's supposed to come in automatically in the 19th month. I called though because I didn't know how it works. ANyway, just as wel that I did because it had been transfered but was sort of sitting in limbo because they didn't h ave Tehya's Medicare number....

Maybe you could give them a call to see if it's being processed.

Wow Bec! Lots of chatting from you. Yes I was gutted to see you weren't home today, but not at all surprised. I'll give you a call a little later to chat.....
    I'm not that bad with the TV and Jenna. She loves to say ABC, liek LOVES IT!!
    Liek you say Trish, she is a sponge at the mo. Yestredays word was rainbow. And she almost says Eliza now sounding the Z, so thats a bit exciting.
    And as for her maths - I presume you guys notice that she misses out 5&7.
    Jenna is pretty good too Trish. She has started to say please now which is nice. So when she wants more, she has to say "more please mum". I am such a meanie! She goes into the fridge/freezer and helps herself to what she wants too. That is the bit that drives me mental. She doesn't shut the door after herself! Well she can if you say - shut the door please, but normally she just walks away on to the next great thing.

One of the funniest things she does is that we turn the DVD player off at the wall when we are finished with it cause otherwise she turns it on, takes out the disks and stuff, and its really annoying. So when she wants TV/DVD she will go to the side of the telly and tap it, cuase we never let her see the powerpoint behind there. And then stares at the DVD player wondering why the lights aren't coming on!

We can't get the vaccine utnil her GP gets back, which is 2 weeks away. I'm not too unhappy about putting off the unpleasant! And wowees on the suit Bec - thats a serious one! I'm sure it looks lovely. I have about 3 nice size 14 suits in the cupboard if you want them. I'm not sure they will get much use in the next few years. Maybe my Teachers College interview late next year, but I already know I'll get in so maybe I should go in jeans

I'm not sure what I think about a kid telling their mother she is fat..... I'd be pretty gutted if my child did that to me! But hubba or spunky would be OK.

Oh - and update on the teenager.....
    Shane rang the school and insisted on talking to Sam. So she got pulled out of class and he asked straight up what the money was for. Apparently his XW can only afford half of the school camp fee, so Shane is happy to pay the rest.
    He then went on to tell her a few home truths. Like he spent over $30k fighting to have the kids only for Sam to send letters saying she didn't want to come in anymore. He explained lots of stuff to her, told her he wasn't a money tree, but that the door was always open. So hopefully some of that sinks in, and she starts to realise that maybe Dad isn't the $hit her mother makes out he is.

Lots about me.... sorry for being rude girls.

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh that's great that Shane got to speak to Sam, Fi. Good for her to hear the truth. Hopefully it sinks in and she realises her Mum has probably been showing Shane in the wrong light. Gosh... when I found out some of the things that Mum did (like whisk us away on a holiday to SA when Dad was coming down from Sydney to pick us up for an access visit. 10 hours driving later, he arrived in Geelong to find us gone. I'll never forgive Mum for that!!). Of course, I didn't find out until years later when Dad told me. Grrrr!
    Jenna sounds so cute with the DVD player. LOL @ her watching and wondering why the lights aren't on. Bummer @ not being able to get her vaccinations done yet.... ohhhh welll! hehehe... I would have put them off if I had known how Gabby would react! Still - glad they are over and done with.

Gab officially loves Foxtel. She's watching the Backyardigans... thinks it's hilarious. Although she's doing burnouts to the music (walking around and round in circles)... must be a brilliant show!

Ooo and those of you that watched Grey's anatomy last night.. uno that couple that were arguing because he hid behind her when bullets were flying around? Their names were Neil and Debra... hahahaaha!
    Kind of like "Fiona and Shane" being paired up on the Aussie Biggest Loser... that was funny!
    Last edited by Debbie Lee; October 17th, 2006 at 05:21 PM.

Deb, i love the pic of Gaby, she looks so cute...
    I was talking to mum about hair the other day, she reckon i was bald as until i was about 2.5yrs old. My hair now is pretty thin, but it grows nice and long What colour hair does she have? Xander's a redhead, Declan's golden blonde, and Anneliese has just started going red too-i love having dominant genes lol

Debbie Lee Guest

Not sure what colour Gabby's hair is going to be. It's a sort of strawberry blonde - some days it looks really blond, other days you can see tinges of red. I think she'll maintain the strawberry blonde - won't be dark like me, that's for sure!

Isn't it amazing the number of red headed babies that are around now though. I remember when my little brother was born 20 years ago there were very few red headed children.

Now, it seems it's nearly up there with the number of blondies in the crowd. Still a red head is far easier to spot when they run off

Yep I agree Trish, when I was little there were hardly any redheads, now they're everywhere!

Debbie Lee Guest

I agree... there's loads of gorgeous little red-heads at schools now. And the beauty of it is that they are more often than not very proud to call themselves red-heads (I sometimes use hair colour to stagger the amount of kids going to the bag room or lining up etc.). I think it's great!
    Neil reckons he got picked on for being a red-head He LOATHES being called "Blue". Some people started calling him blue at his new job so he gladly informed then that his nickname is Nobba

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast