Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - March 2005 #3

Deb, I hate that nickname too. Mark's family started to call Noah that when he was a baby and I quickly told them that no his name is NOAH and that his hair is red not blue !!!

Then they started calling him bloody No No. Idiot's. I stopped that quick smart too. There is a reason he has a name, use it !! Nasty, aren't I.

The last thing I want is for my child to have a complex about their hair colour (or anything for that matter) especially seeing as he was the only one in the house with the red hair, until Tehya came along that is.

Last edited by Trish; October 18th, 2006 at 09:25 AM. Reason: fixing up my "their". can't cope when the wrong one is used !!

Oh yeah, I know all about the being picked on part too My primary school principal called me copper top which I thought was cool cos the principal had a nickname for just me!!

LOL, Sarah. Principal's favourite hey

Yeah probably, I always was the good one LOL!

Dont you hate nicknames? In the navy, everyone with the surname Moore is called Pony. (DH says he wouldnt mind if it was Horse lol) But DH, his brother and Uncle were all in, so the Uncle got Pony, DH got Roger (moore, 007-silly buggars) and his brother got Booga (no idea why)

I get called red by my friends, even though i've dyed my hair now, its no longer red-and Xander used to get Lil Red.

I also hate it when people shorten my kids names. noone did anything to Xander, but Declan gets Decca (it caught on after Xander used to call him that, he couldnt pronounce Declan) and Anneliese gets Annie from my side of the family, and Allie from Dh's side (there's already an Annie on his) I just tell them not to call her that, I love the name Anneliese, if i wanted to call her something else then i would've made that her name!! (I guess it came fromt he fact that people used to call me Sim, or Simmy, and i absolutely hated it...) anyway, enough babbling from me

Debbie Lee Guest

Hehehe... no one calls Gabby, Gabrielle - tho half the population can't seem to pronounce it properly anyway. She gets Gabriel... OMG! She's not a boy!!
    Last edited by Debbie Lee; October 18th, 2006 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes gallore!

Deb, that's because it's too long to type

Nah, seriously though if you'd prefer her full name used I'd be more than happy

LOL when typing my little cherub gets Zander more often than not, but when I'm talking to / about him it'll more than like be Alexzander. They're interchangeable here

HEHE same goes for you Sarah with Zander's name. Too long to type out but more than happy to do it. It's funny though I just think of Zander as that, and if I mention him that is what I call him too

But certain names sound nice when shorten, but the names i chose dont (Decca? HUH!!) And i like Anneliese. Most of the time i called her Anneliese Bethany, or Miss/Lil Miss. I couldnt think of Gabby as anything else!! I just p*sses me off with names like Declan, Noah etc etc that arent meant to be shortened.
    (BTW Xanders name on his birth cert is Alexander, but that was for his great great grandfather, i dont really want to call him that. I loved the name Xander anyway)

IKWYM Simone. Your right, some names are made to be shortened. Or maybe I shouldn't say made, but work welll shortened.

None of my kids names can be really shortened, well I sometimes call Tehya, Teh but that's about it and it isn't a regualar thing.

LOL alot of people just automatically say Zander here as well Trish so you're not alone. As long as it's not Alex I really don't care My dad calls him Z half the time LOL! He has a multitude of options when he's older as to what he can be called - Alexzander, Zander, Alex *shudders*, Lex... My luck will have him at 4 years old saying "I'm Alex now mummy!" Aaron's Omi said if he was living in Germany (she is German) his nickname would be Axel!

Funny story about my sister... She was always called Mandy & on her first day of Kindergarten mum got a phone call to come & calm her down because she was hysterical. Mum got there to find out the whole problem was her teacher called her Amanda. Poor chook at 4.5 was so upset "that's not myyyy naaaame". Hehe! Now she will only allow mum & Aaron to call her Mandy!

A friend of mine has Elisabetta and Alexander, and she calls them Eli and Lexi. She's pg with #3 (a boy) and im dying to know what she's going to call it... She's like me, a crazy mum with 3 under 3 (her eldest is 3 2 weeks after the babies due )

HAHA I used to hate it when we had a sub teacher and she called me Trisha - Rae. Who is cruel enough to give their daughter a name like that. My mum, is I guess.

I don't blame you on the Alecx bit though either. Not a favourite here.

My little brother that passed away's name is Daniel and mum ade sure he was called that and not Danny. My eldest's name is Grant, can't do nothing to that and my baby brother Martin, well of course he get's Marty, or Farty - whatever I feel like calling him

Did it work though with Daniel? Did his friends call him something your mum didn't like?

Trish, lol about the farty

Mum hated our names being shortened, there was Simone (Simmy, Sim) Kellie (Kel), Kyle (Ky), Emma (Em), Blake (get BJ as his middle name is Jesse) and Tori (gets Tore i call her TC, her mid name is Cassandra. I shorten people's names even though i hate it d'oh!).

Sarah, i dont tell anyone Xander real name is Alexander as i HATE Alex (the name) on everything, his name is Xander. But When he's a big shot lawyer, and want to sound professional, he can call himself Alexander (or even Lochlan, his middle name-by then i dont care!!)

Debbie Lee Guest

Hehe... we all have nicknames for eachother in my family. I'm "Bie", Lauren is "Loz" or "Lozenger" or, I used to love calling her "Laurence of Arabia" - she hated that!, Hanna is "Han" or "Hanna Bone" (her middle name is Joan but she couldn't pronounce it when she was little so said bone instead) and Erin is "Ez" or "Ezzy Boo".

Sarah - PMSL @ your sister cracking it for being called Amanda. Kids get really protective about their name at that age! I once pronounced a prep kid's name wrong (his name is Iman - I pronounced it "Ee-marn" but it's actually pronounced "Eye-man"). OMG... he made sure he put me in my place! "No Mrs. M... that's NOT how you say my name! Whyyyyyy do all the teachers get it wrong?". Gosh! If it wasn't for the fact that he told me I was beautiful after that, I wouldn't have been very impressed! hehehe

Sarah, yep it sure did work. You've met my mum, like anyone would cross her

Aww Deb, so he softened you up afterwards hey. Love your sisters nicknames too.

I think I may have one. Does being called b!tch count as a nickname ??

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast