Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #16

*hugs* Vanita. I bet your heart stopped beating for a moment or two! Glad that Dion is ok.

The same thing happened when Viv was little. We were inside and I thought Viv was with John, and John thought she was with me. We both at the same time decided it was too quiet in the unit. We went through theplace to find no child. Raced to the screen door which was open. Fortunately she'd only got as far as the second unit (we were in the fourth) when our neighbour spied her and brought her back to us. She decided a toddler shouldn't be out on her own!

I just took the "rescuer" a box of choccys and a card. She said her dog was barking at something, ans she looked to see what it was, and it was Dion walking down the road.
    My little lad must have a gaurdian angel watching over him

Hi everyone,

Not sure if you remember me! I remember chatting to some of you when we were pregnant and its been a long time since i have found time to get back on the computer!

Its so nice to see how all the bubs have progressed! And some of you are on to number 2!

I have a little boy who is just the light of my life! It really is amazing to see them change especially at this age when they are doing so many new things!

Hi Sara! Hope you can stick around.

I am stalking this site atm to make sure I don't miss Kate's announcement.....whenever it may be.

Hi hayseed and kate!

Lewis and i are doing great! It was a bit hard for me when i first had him as i had a big bleed during labour and was left very weak and anemic.
    Lewis started walking just after 12 months so the last few months have been very busy with me running after him!

Just been to the park as is it gorgeous outside and now it is my fave time of the day ----when he is asleep!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Welcome back Sara

Woooooooooohooooooooo for Kelse, that's awesome Kate

Vanita- OMG my heart skipped a beat too, I thought you were going to say he'd been hit. Naughty girls, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. How lovely of that lady (well anyone who didn't bring him back would be an a$$hole) and lovely of you to take her some choccies and a card.

Sorry I haven't been in here much, it's just so slow going with the dial up Dammit to hell.

Hiya lovelies,
    Kate, are you still waiting?? LOL
    WTG MISS KELSEY !!!!!!!!!!!

Bec, yeah i had dial up until about 6mths ago ( very frustrating) hope they get a free spot soon.

Sara, hiya its amazing to see the little people emerge out of our babies hey.

Hiya Hay.

Well we got our new couch yesterday ( not as big news as DIon trying to kill himself) everytime I turn into our street ( luckily a fairly quiet court), I can picture him standing there. Today I went with my mum, sis, aunt, granma to the windsor for arvo tea ( chocolate indulgence) well we ate so much Im not having dinner tonight LOL. Its good though coz my grandma is 88 and hasnt come for a visit for a while, so she came back here, and got to see the kids, so that was nice.

Brooke – Congrats on setting a date for your wedding, how exciting! Is Maya going to be the flower girl? Having accommodation at the same place is a great idea and your guests will be able to kick back and enjoy themselves without worrying about driving home. I will check out Karri Mia at lunchtime. Perth and WA is so beautiful! We would probably take Amy with us if we got married now. We still haven’t left her with anyone not even for 5 minutes. So I’m not the best person to comment on whether you should take her on your honeymoon but I think most people will say not to take her especially if you are TTC # 2. Thanks for the advice for formula. Amy is eating okay again. I think I panicked a little early with this one. I’m sure you will look back on your wedding and be glad you spent the $$ on a special day, although you don’t need to spend lots of $$ to have a great day. My SIL has now lost almost 30kg in TF, good luck with it. Poor little Maya falling off the change table. I’m sure she will be fine. I haven’t thought of babies getting cold sores and I’m not sure what you can put on it apart from Vaseline. I get them and they are horrible. I wanted to send you an e-mail but couldn't find your e-mail addy in your profile.

Bec – Hope your new place is going well. IKWYM about dial up, it is bad. Hugs to you with stupid dial up. We can’t get cable where we are now but can get ADSL which I should organise soon. Can you get ADSL? I am mainly on BB at work as home is soooo slow with dial up. I have some cute pics of Jonah which I will e-mail you when I work out how to reduce the photo size.

Vanita – OMG about Dion being on the road, my heart skipped a beat when I read that. So glad he is okay. That was nice of you to take her some choccies. Thanks for the tip about the multivitamin, we will look into it. Yum afternoon tea with chocs sounds divine and spending it with your grandma even better. Yeah for the new couch!

Kate – WTG Kelsey for taking steps and saying Nan, Nan, Nanna. How cute giving hugs and kisses. Great news that your mum and dad will be so close. Thanks for your advice about the baptism dilemma, it really helped. We are all thinking of you and I hope you are in labour right now!

Bel – Poor little Coby! I’m glad he is getting over the virus.

Rach – Hope Viv enjoyed her camp, you are so sweet making her and teddy PJ’s. That would actually be a good business idea to make matching kids and teddy PJ’s. That’s great that you can get into sleep school!! Although it seems everything is falling into place with Blake’s daytime sleeps. Sleep school sounded very helpful. 7.3kg on TF wow!! Congratulations and well done. Yes it is cute when Amy stands at the fridge and says ‘cheese cheese cheese’ but she does it whenever she finishes her meal as well.

Hay – LOL at the halter training. Cows can be so hard to train...not that I really know I had horses for 18 years but DH’s family rented a house and looked after cherolais (have no idea how to spell it), herefords and scatty angus cows and they were mad. I used to show my horse but hated it because of the BS that goes with it. Hope you enjoy it though, did you breed the ones that you are showing? That would make it that extra bit special. Good luck!

Deb – Hope you are feeling better and your DH had a great birthday. How is the house hunting going?

Welcome back Sara

Well I still can’t bold or change my mood at work. Brooke and Rach, you were asking about Amy’s TT. She has only done it twice but every time she wees on the floor she points at it to let us know. We haven’t been doing it much and will start doing it every day when the weather warms up. We have been looking for one of Amy’s sneakers for a few days. DH has been though the bins in case she put it there. Well he found it today finally. She had put it in the box where her other shoes go. We looked everywhere but didn’t look there! Last night I put Nemo on TV and Amy loved it. She was saying ‘Shish shish shish shish’ for about ½ hour and she loved it. She came and sat on my knee then on her little chair and she was clapping hands. DH doesn’t want to TTC this month as he said the only time we DTD is when I am O **sigh*. Still behind in study and have spent all day so far catching up here rather then finishing my assignment. I am going to Sydney tomorrow and be back Wed so I really want to get my assignment done today. Have a great day!
    Last edited by Gemma; October 9th, 2006 at 03:29 PM.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Vanita- Thanks sweets, me too Wooohooo for your new couch, how fab. Awwww poor you thinking about Dion being in the middle of the road Mmmmmmmm yummy at your afternoon tea and sounds like you had a lovely visit with your grandma.

Gemma- Yeah we are trying to get ADSL and that's what they have no ports for apparently. Thanks for the hugs, dial up is so very frustrating, that's why I'm not around as much as I used to be and want to be. Bugger about DH saying he doesn't want to TTC this month, I hope you can change his mind. I hope you got your assignment done.

Brooke- I'm sorry I haven't caught up with your wedding news, I promise to do so as soon as we have good internet. But congrats on setting a date, and did I read correctly your going to TTC #2 soon? Wow, everyone will have 2 or 3 kids by the time we go again, pmsl.

Gemma, yeah we have bred the cows we are showing. We have a closed herd, so all cows here have been born here. No bought in cows since the early 60's.

belmarks Guest

Hi girls, been absent again because Im STILL not getting replies to this thread. Anyhow....

Hay, how is the clomid going? Not coming from a farm background, how do you go with "inbreeding" if they haven't got any cows coming in, or is there enough that it wouldn't happen, and how do you control which bulls breed with which cows??

Sara, great to see you back in here, hopefully you will come in more regularly so we can keep up to date with what you and Lewis are up to...

Brooke, poo to the coldsore, poor little possum...Hope you get some good answers....Your wedding sounds lovely, good on you for not being tempted to go over the top, so many people do and make it all about the wedding day, and then once they are married and the gloss has worn off, the rot sets in. Its not about the wedding day, its about the marriage....

Is Kate still around?

Rach, thank you for the wishes about the metformin, thank you for acknowledging it, its a huge deal for me and Im just glad that someone noticed...xxoo How is Blake going??

Wow KELSEY, good on you little possum for walking!!

Vanita, that would have been so frightening, you poor thing, they can get away from you so quickly huh, but to have the girls leave the door open for him must have frightened the life outta ya! At least he's ok...

Not much news here, Coby is getting better, but I think he has sleep apnoea, he has one of those angel car monitors and it goes off a lot, and last week when he was sick again, it was going off every night, without fail. Im pretty concerned about it so off to the drs again tomorrow. I think it has something to do with his tonsils, the Westmead book that I have here says that sleep apnoea can be caused by enlarged tonsils obstructing the breathing, and the last time Coby was sick the dr looked at his tonsils and said they were "quite large" so he will probably have to have a tonsilectomy eventually. Vanita, do you know anything about this procedure??

Apart from that, he is trying damn hard to cut some more teeth, and they just aren't coming through, its so frustrating, for us and for him....

Bel, I should clarify the closed herd status. It means no live cows bought in. But we AI (artificially inseminate) all the cows and this year, the heifers too. This year, for instance we used about 25 different bulls over our girls. These bulls mainly come from USA, UK, Netherlands & Australia. We chagne the bulls every year and detailed pedigrees are kept on each cow to stop increeding. We have a senstivity % of 4% inbreeding allowed (which is like putting a great, great, great, great grandsire over a cow). DH does the bulk of the inseminating...I do some, but I'm not usually around the dairy at the right times...well not now (with Pup) anyway.

So tell me...what is an angel monitor? I haven't heard of them.

Brooke, glad to hear the cold sore buggered off. Yukky things. We don't get them and I am really conscious of people kissing Pup.

Hi all,

Just a quicky to say Blake's sleeping terribly at the moment - probably another tooth but it's exhausting all the same. We've got sleep school on Friday - I can't wait. I hope they can help us.

Viv's being an angel so I'm very lucky cause DH is working so much in the lead up to being away again for 8 days. As long as we can DTD I'm happy (OMG do i have the energy for another pg???) I must be crazy.

love to all, and LV's to Kate.
    xx

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Good luck tomorrow at sleep school Rachel, I hope it does the trick

Best of luck with the sleep school. Hope you get some good techniques to help you and Blake.

Hi everyone. Major slacker here, I have gotten so behind....I have been constantly tired this pregnancy and Al takes up every waking moment. DH is working all the time still so I'm just not in the mood to write most of the time. Hope you all can forgive me and I'll try and catch up now.

Rachel - hope u find some answers at the sleep school.

Kate - great news your folks have found a place so close by! Super Kelse is up and about now. Pity the sleeping isn't going so well. We have ups and downs still with Al, but it is a lot better now than during the first 12 months.

Brooke - wedding plans sound lovely and romantic. My friend got married recently and they took a week away for their honeymoon, while their son who is same age as ours, stayed with the grand parents and it went very well. They even accidently fell pregnant.

Hayseed - thanks for the mention of coming to visit you. We are still behind with booking things. I am having a slight freak out now about the long flights with Al and being so pregnant, and I think we are going to book a third seat for him. It increases our costs a bit, so we are not sure if we will do the Adl- Melb leg now. Rather book a flight once we're in Australia and do a trip spontaneously if we feel I can handle it.

Bec - poor you on dial up, it really shouldn't exist it is so bad.

Bel - how are those teeth coming along? I'm sure Al is going to only ever have 6 teeth at this rate. Poor little Coby and the sleep apnoea.

Hi Heather! How is it going?

Hi Sara - welcome back!

Hi Vanita - managed to fill that fridge yet? How is Dion? You poor thing must have had a heart attack after discovering he was out on the street. Bet you won't be letting him out of your sight for a while now.

Gemma - househunting is going terribly. It is depressing, as there is nothing to even choose from.

Hope I didn't miss anyone..

We had a first hour at day care today. Al cried on and off the whole time...I nearly cried too, he just seemed so overwhelmed by it all. We are going to try again tomorrow for an hour. They want him there 4-5 times a week. I think 1-2 a week max...so we are not yet on the same page.

Good news is my mum will be here next week!!!!! YES! Just for 4 days. She is doing a stopover in between Cyprus and Berlin...which is a work trip. So I can't wait to see her and have a familiar face around.

Deb, IKWYM about worrying about the long haul flight. We still have not worked out what we are doing about going to Holland in around March. I put off the planning a while back because if I fell pg when we thought, I would have been due in March. Obviously I couldn't have gone then. But no pg yet means that the soonest a baby will arrive ion our household will be at least July next year, meaning that a trip in March is now do-able. We were originally going to get a couple of seats in Business class (one we pay for and one we get on FF points) but it is looking unlikely atm. So we are also thinking of buying Pup a seat and having 3 seats between us all. He'll sit on our lap mostly anyway, but at least we will have the added room.

BD fest still on the go here......although we are supposed to be DTD today, but DH is cutting silage and is going to be on a tractor ALL day and most of the night. Not much chance of it happening.

We tried to alter Pup's day naps yesterday. He has been having an hour in the morning (11 - 12) and then about 2 hrs in the arvo (3 - 5). His mornign naps are good (he wakes for the day around 8am), but when I put him down in the arvo, he tends to play in his cot with his stuffed toys for about 1 - 1.5hrs. Then he falls asleep 30 minutes before he has to get up. Then he is REALLY tired and a bit cranky ('cause he's just gotten to sleep). So I thought that perhaps he only needs 1 sleep during the day and that i would bring his arvo nap forward to about 1.30pm. Well, it didn't work. I kept him awake all morning (grumpy baby) and then he fell asleep in his highchair eating lunch at 12.15pm. I sort of kept him away till 1pm and then put him down. He slept till 3.30pm. So i think he really does need 2 sleeps......he'll just have to play in the arvo int he cot. At least he is having a rest rather than going at full tilt like when he is up.
    Last edited by Hayseed; October 13th, 2006 at 11:59 AM.

Hi Everyone,

HAyseed - I have recently put Lewis onto one sleep and it took a week or so for him to get used to it. He now sleeps from about 12-3 and he has lunch around 11am.
    Maybe you can try giving him lunch a bit earlier and he may last?! For me i have to keep him busy in the morning so he doesnt fall asleep too early but its been worth it as he sleeps for a good 3 hours.

Kate - Oooh good luck! I cant wait to hear the good news....Hope kelsey is feeling better so she can enjoy seeing the new bub.

Sunbeam - that must of been hard seeing Al get upset at daycare...im sure he will be excited to go there soon, just has to get used to it. Nice that your mum is coming over too. ...what we do without our mums!

Rachel - hope all went well with your sleep school.

Hi to everyone else.....sorry im at work so my replies are limited!

All is good with us ....lewis slept at my mums place last night and i had an uninterrupted night of sleep.....bliss!!
    Its a scorcher today in sydney....a taste of whats to come im sure.

Ive been thinking about getting one of those baby pillows for Lewy's cot ...what age do they normally start to have pillows? Im hoping it will encourage him to sleep more in the one spot rather than all over his cot!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast