Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #16

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Kate- Yep we are still on dial up and yep it's driving me mad. We have ADSL by next week though, fingers crossed. No I'm not hugely worried about a lot of you girls having more bubs before me, however it would seem the baby bug has bitten. Ben and I talked about it last night and we've decided that earlier is not off the cards, which surprised me so we're going to see how things go. So looking at maybe TTC late next year or early the year after

Everyone seen the birth announcements???
    WTG KATE, congrats Kelsey on becoming a big sister.
    love to all.

Yay Kate great job!!!! Congratulations Again!!

Congrats again Kate!

Just aside- we had a horrendous 24 hours with Al. I wrote a bit about it in Childrens Medical Conditions. But the short of it is we now know Al is prone to suffer from Febrile Convulsions. That is when his temp gets too high his body starts to fit. It is a shocking thing to witness. It is not going to effect him in any way, and apparently he doesn't know its happening when it does..but we need to treat him very carefully when he gets a high temp from now on.
    He's home and a lot better today.

Hope you all have a good weekend. We have a bit of cleaning up to do before mum arrives on monday.:eek:

Congrats again Kate!! Well doen. I'm sure I guessed a girl?????????

Nothing much happening here.....DH just finished the first lot of silage, next lot due in next couple of days. Bding happening when we can due to him being on a tractor all day and night.

LOL Brooke at Kate posting that. Wow at Maya being so clever!
    Hay, hope you got some bd in another time. It is quiet in here ATM, I haven't been around much due to work.

Hey Brooke, I wanted to send you a message/e-mail. Can you please let me know how I can do that? I think I mentioned it in my last post.

Deb - I am glad Al is better, what a shock for you.

Rach - How did sleep school go? Hope you had a great birthday.

Hope everyone else is well. Just a quick post from me today. Have school tomorrow but will catch up soon.

Hi, just a quick update.
    Al is still in hospital with pneumoccocal. We hope to see some blood results today that will show he is responding well to the antibiotics so that we can go home. We haven't seen the lung xrays, but apparently a nurse here has seen them they looked fine.
    Can't wait to go home! Mum arrives today so it will be good to have some extra moral support around.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

OMG Deb, I must have missed this. Poor little Al, I hope he gets better soon. Big to you all.

Deb, hugs to you and Al, hopefully the Ab's are doing their job, and that he's home and misbehaving any day now.

*hugs* Deb. thinking about you and Al. I'm sure the anti's are kicking in and he'll be home before you know it. I'm so glad your mum's there. It's great timing.

Kate, Congrats again sweetie. I saw you did a post this evening. Surely you aren't home already? Take it easy. Can't wait to see pics of your sweet little Rylee.

Hay, I so totally understand the husband MIA when needed for BD. My DH has been working his butt off, so he's either exhausted or not here. *sigh* I hope you have some success honey.

HI Gemma, how was your trip? Nice to see you back. Try not to work too hard.

Sara, welcome back. I don't think I've had the opportunity to offically say that yet!

Hey V, where have you been hiding lately? You been getting all the crappy shifts at work or have the kids just been keeping you busy?

Brooke baby, thanks so much for your sms. I was up sorting Blake out and i just had to come online and check on Kate. I didn't want to miss her news. How's things with you. I see you're looking for work options. I hope you find something suitable.

Hey Bec, how's Blake's twin? have they got your a port yet for your ADSL? Wish I could wave the magic want to get it for you.

Well sleep school was an interesting experience. To cut a long story short, I left there with a bit more confidence in settling Blake and letting him settle himself. We haven't had much luck so far. Last night he threw up he was crying so much and tonight he just spent his time screaming and head butting the cot. I'm really struggling with it and with John working the crazy hours, I'm getting worn out. Also at the beginning of our first TWW. Not that we got much BDing in with John's hours but who knows... When I fell pg with Blake almost instantly I got really sore bb's. Tonight they're a bit tingly. Not sure if I'm reading too much into it or not. Guess it's going to be a long two weeks.

Not much other news. Had a lovely birthday yesterday. Was woken up by Viv with breakfast in bed which was really sweet. Then had a few people over for an impromptu afternoon tea which was lovely. Didn't get the sleep I was after from Blake but 2 out of 3 aint bad... Ask Meatloaf!

Best I do the dishes now - had to wait until Grey's Anatomy was over.

Sweet dreams to all.

BTW Deb, is that finally a new avatar? It's gorgeous honey.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Rachel- Jonah is really well thanks. Although he has been getting up earlier than usual which results in him being in a big crank by mid morning and needing a nap, which is usually a long one which is totally abnormal for him. They really love throwing spanners in the works don't they? I'm so glad that you feel more confident in settling Blake. Hooray for the sleep school in that respect. Sorry you haven't had much luck thus far, I guess all you can do is persist and try not to drop your bundle. Good luck with your TWW, I hope it's successful.

WB Kate!! I couldn't believe it when I saw you around last night. I thought... gee she's either online in hossy or she's come home early. Ouchie for your tear. I hope it doesn't hurt too much.

What a woman you are too, shopping for 4 hours today! The newborn photos sounds wonderful. Did you get them done for Kelsey when she was born? I can't remember that far back.

Woo hoo for Miss Rylee. Glad she's going well. I'm sure she'll sort out her day & night sleeping soon. Bummer about the vomitting thing. It was one thing I was glad about with Blake as Vivi was a chucker. She would chuck from one feed through to the next, yet still gain weight!

How's Miss Kelsey taking it all? Is she accepting she has to share her Mummy. I'm sure she's a wonderful big sister.

Not much news from here. DH got home at 1.30am from work - just after I'd settled Blake. He'd been awake crying and I got him to settle and be happy in his bed. Then we both heard the bike come home. It was very sweet cause Blake was calling out to John when he heard the bike - he knows what his daddy sounds like. Bummer it unsettled him again. Then once I got him settled Viv got up for the toilet and it started all over again. I'm hoping by the time John's home from Qld - 28/10 - that Blake will be sleeping through the night. Wish me luck!

Trust all are well.
    xx

How cute of Kelsey to hold Rylee's hand

Haven't posted too much about sleep school Kate as it was a pretty poorly managed day on their behalf. I kept getting the short straw when it came to being looked after and made note of that in my exit survey - which I was given to complete before I'd even had a 'going home' program set. At least it gave me the confidence to let Blake cry/complain a bit when he's in bed. It taught me to listen to his cries a bit more.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Welcome home Kate Good on you for getting out and about already, kind of makes you feel a bit more normal doesn't it? Well that's how I felt anyway, hehehehehe. Poo at having another chucker, I hope it's not long term. Awwwwww at Kelse holding Rylee's hand, that's soooooooo cute.

Well we got exciting news today, Jonah's going for a photo shoot tomorrow for Target. So excited, even if they don't use him he still gets paid, but I hope they use him

I posted in your Woo Hoo Room thread Bec, but I'll say it again cause it's worth it...

WTG Jonah!!!

Ok time for me to try and catch up on you lovely ladies. TBH I have read your posts, but it seems to try and reply is difficult.

Kate, again congrats , sorry to hear she is a chucker, hopefully that settles down in time for you, IKWYM about coming home asap. I loved getting back to my home. How beautiful of Kelsey to hold Rylee's hand. ( Dion and Rianna do that too) Its heart melting hey. I love the idea of 3 day old professional photos ( always stuff you wished you had done ) for the tear, ouchies

Bec, woohoo Jonah, well done ( we always knew you were gorgeous, now target knows too LOL) all of mine are up at the crack of dawn too, CANT WAIT TIL DAYLIGHT SAVINGS , of course that only lasts for a while, then in the middle of summer its crack of dawn again.....

Rachel sorry to hear that sleep school wasnt very successful, but yeah sometimes its hard to remember a cry is a way to speak,and all cries are different. sounds like you had a challenging night. fingers crossed for the tingly BB's

Deb, hope Al is well on the road to recovery and you are home from hospital, and resting up. Have a great time with your mum.

Hay, some days I wish my Dh was MIA.... LOL nah jk. Good luck trying to dtd. fingers crossed and lots of babydust your way.

Gemma, g'day gorgeous, hows the world treating you????

Brooke, awww Maya is such a gorgy.

Bel, hope you are well and happy.

Sara, hope oscar is behaving himself for you.

HAPPY BDAY FOR YESTERDAY RACH..............

Well we are all fine, am just running around as usual with the rugrats.....ballet, swimming, playgroup, youthgroup, they have a better social life than me, LOL. I hope you are all well, and life is smiling at you.
    mwah

Hi girls, your'e all so sweet with your thoughts and hugs. They have been well received here..actually feels like I have you as hospital visitors when I check in here.
    We are still in hospital. They reckon he will be given the green light to go home on thursday now. I am beginning to accept the whole thing a bit better today than other days. But the relief is its not a permanent illness and they reckon he'll be 100% before long. Its been good to have mum here too.

Sorry can't catch up with you all now, but just good to read your posts at the moment.

Deb- I am thinking of you and Al. Hospitals are not always the nicest place to be and Al will be home soon. I am sure he is taking it all in his stride and being a very brave little boy. Take care of yourself and your little bubba in your belly. Please don’t worry about doing personals, we are all here for you and want to hear about how Al is going. I’m glad your mum is there with you.

Kate – Welcome back! I am so excited for you – you have two babies!! Has it sunk in yet? You are amazing walking around for 4 hours! Sorry to hear about your tear, I hope it heals soon. What a gorgeous girl Kelsey is holding Rylee’s hand. When are you going to put some pics on her website? I can’t wait to see a pic of her. Sorry, don’t mean to rush you…I will wait until you have settled in. What day are you going to the Expo? We are going on Sun but we may go on Sat now because my nephews b’day party is now next week. Danni and Tracey are going on Sunday.

Rachel – At least you got something out of sleep school. Sounds like they were a bit rushed and didn’t make much time to spend with you and Blake. How many babies were there? Bummer about John working so much ATM, I hope you caught the eggie this month. Good luck!

Hay – How are you, best of luck this month! I hope you managed to get your DH off the tractor for some BD!

Hi Brooke – I love the new photo of Maya on your ticker, she looks so grown up. How are your wedding plans going?

Vanita – Thanks for the name of the dentist, I will make an appointment. How is Dion going? You have such a busy life, LOL at the kids having more of a social life.

Bec – Yay for Jonah! Good luck! Are you on ADSL yet?

Bel – How are you going? How is the acupuncture going?

Heather – How are you, hope the m/s has gone for you. How is Hendy?

Hi Sara.

My trip to Sydney was good. Amy went to playgroup yesterday again and had a good time. She was not overwhelmed like the first time. She also went to one on last Thurs too but DH will attend the Tues one each week. She is also eating normally again and even ate chicken yesterday which was good for her. If she only has a nappy on and no pants, she just takes it off now. Her speech is getting a lot clearer. The latest is getting in and out of her highchair and pram on her own. Last night she climbed into her high chair as the tray was off and asked for cheese! Very cute. TWW again for us. Charting this month for the first time since Amy was born so it is not so hit and miss. Fingers crossed it works.

Have a great day everyone.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast