Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #16

Hi everyone. Gee its hard to find time these days. I don't even have some good reasons, just generally busy (plus a bit lazy maybe).

Vanita - bubs in utero is okay I think...all a bit quiet but still have big boobs and tummy so I guess its growing. Have a few more weeks before the next scan. Mums gone, it was too short. Hope things are going well over there for you and yours.(hugs)

Bec- yay for ADSL - bring it on! Cool that you all had a good day at the zoo.

Brooke - poo to Maya's sore ear. Hope it clears without a drama. Hope you are okay and that family aren't the cause of your upset. If its about your wedding, just bear in mind, its your day (Dan and you) and you guys should follow your hearts and do what you want to celebrate. (just a stab in the dark)

Hayseed - crossed fingers here too. Sounds as though you have some work to do there. Maybe its time pup learnt to be handy with a cow brush? hehe

Gemma - how clever is your little girl? She is a little champion.

ETA - yay Rachel. Go Blake, you are a good sleeper. 8am is a beautiful time to wake up.

Al is doing well. We are struggling a bit trying to give him his antibiotics as he doesn't like the taste, but we are trying a few different ways. Anybody got any suggestions?

Deb, when giving anti's I usually give via a syringe, I squirt in a few ml at a time ( about 3 ml is all I give so he doesnt choke) I usually sit sown and have him on one knee, and one hand tucked under my arm ( around my back) I hold him close and that way his head cant go to far. Then I follow up with a soothing drink. HTH, its a good sign though, when they start cracking it coz of the taste, they're sefinately getting better....

Rachel, it sounds like things are really going well atm. cool.

belmarks Guest

Hi girls, just a quick one to say hi to you all and hope that everything is great.

Deb great to hear that Al is on the mend, poor little chicken!!

Coby and I are just great, he's at a very funny age, I think he's going to be a bit of a clown, always doing things for a reaction and trying to get a laugh out of us, very cute.

Better run, having an early night tonight.

xxoo

Hi all.

Well if you saw my woo hoo, you'll know that Blake is doing super with his sleeping. The last two nights I've barely been up to him - once each night and they don't count cause it was just replugging. And you know I think he's benefitted from having enough sleep. He's been sooo good. So lovely, and developing mentally. He's so clever (ok I'm biased) but he's accepting consequences and understands when I ask him to do things - eg If you lies still, I can put your pants back on and then we can go outside for a play. He's lie still for me and we get his pants back on after a nappy change and we'll go out to play. He's also enjoying special cuddles. He's just awesome.

Was going to add more but Greys' Anatomy started. gotta fly!

ETA: ok it's an ad.. sorry addicted to the show.

I wanted to share what we've been doing with Blake. I was adamant I wouldn't do control crying - against a clock - with Blake cause I did it with Viv and i hated it. Also cause Blake has a different personality and I knew it was wrong for him. Anyway when we went to sleep school it was more about really watching the tired signs and respondign straight away. Also when I put him to bed, if he started to cry I'd let him try and calm himself. It was about listening to the try of cry he was having - protest, settling, angry etc. All of these were ok but if he changed to a distressed level.

brb, tv calling!

... if he changed to a distressed level of crying, to go in to comfort and calm him. To give him his dummy to his hand so he could put it in himself, then to get low next to the bed and to pat the matress and encourage him to lie down. Stroke his head, pat his back, shush him, whatever it took to calm him and his breathing back to calm. Then to leave the room before he fell asleep. He had to be awake so he knows you're gone, so he knows he's able to get himself to sleep alone. Once you're out of the room, it's a matter of hoping he'll get himself to sleep. He can protest cry, he can be angry cry, but again if he gets to distressed cry, go in and do the same process. Eventually (and with Blake it took an hour the first couple of times) he will go quiet and get himself to sleep, either thru learning or thru exhaustion.

Within the week/10 days since we've been there the amount of settling has been less and less. He's done so well, I'm so proud of him.

If anyone wants more info on what we did, let me know. I just thought I'd share.
    Last edited by wardygirl; October 24th, 2006 at 12:29 PM. Reason: more to add!

belmarks Guest

Wow Rachel, so glad that you are making progress, its empowering when something actually works isn't it. Good on you and I hope that Blake keeps progressing!!

Where is everyone? Gone AWOL??

Coby and I are great, he's so funny/cheeky now, but can be a little bit too cheeky at times....Nothing much to report here really just cruising along like any other day.

Hay - where are you? Im thinking of you honey. Pop back in when you can and let us all know how you are going xxoo

Brooke, Im missing you chook, come back when you get a chance...I know you're busy with Maya and work and everything else that's going on with you guys.

Heather, are you still around? How's the MS going?

Deb, fill us in, how's Al going - recovering well I hope. How's the pg going???

Hi to everyone else.....

Got swimming tomorrow, I think I might take Coby another time aswell as Wed, he loves it so much, does anyone do kinder gym with their little ones? What's it like? What about Playgroup??

Hiya Bel, Dion does swimming one day a week, and also playgroup one day, its good, just need to be careful of the bigger kids.

Rachel, sounds like its working really well, WTG!!!!!!!! WOOHOO Blake.

Hi Kate, Brooke, Bec, Deb, Sara, Heather, Gemma, and all you lovely busy mums

Well we have a paed appt with Dion on thurs to see if he needs to stay on the ventolin or not. GUESS WHAT.... he put on 630 gms in 6 weeks!!!!!!!!!!! so he now 10.2kg, finally some growt, dunno if its coz of the ventolin, will find out thurs I suppose.

belmarks Guest

thats great Vanita, wow 10.2kg, I think Coby still only weighs just over 9kg... Getting him weighed tomorrow hopefully....

Thanks for info on playgroup, I was also worried about the bigger kids, its a shame there isn't one for just littlies....

Off to swimming today, hopefully we will catch you all soon....

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hi All

Rachel- I already replied in your woohoo, but I am so happy that things are so much better for you and for Blake. I am so proud of him too and you must feel like a new woman.

Bel- I hope you and Coby had fun at swimming. Jonah loves going to the pool and cracks it if he has to wait to go in. Ben usually takes him into the big pool before his class because he won't sit still, lol.

Vanita- Howdy there Woohoo at Dion putting on weight that's fabulous. Gee you all seem to have littlies, wanna swap. Put Jonah on our scales here at home for fun the other day because he was playing with them and I had a look and they said he was 14kgs, not accurate I know but a last weigh he was 11.5kgs and that was just before his birthday so it probably is up around there. But we'll see at the end of next month, that's when we have the next MCHN appointment.

Hi to everyone else, hope that you are well.

Well Jonah and I are sick atm, he has a cold and I seem to have slight gastro, thankfully not as bad as last time but it still sucks. It sucks even more because we are supposed to be going away this weekend with *TamaraP* and her hubby Alan, and I don't want to have to pull out I was really looking forward to it too. Fingers crossed we are better by Friday evening, we are supposed to leave Saturday morning. And as for our ADSL, Ben talked to the provider that we are going with and they said that they were in the process of building new ports in our area so it is happeneing we just don't know when they will be up an running, hope it's soon.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Kate- As I said in my PM you are more than welcome I assume then the outfit is too big? That's fab I was hoping so, that way she'll get more wear out of it in summer. Nup no broadband yet they're building more ports at the moment so we are hoping to have it soon. Yes it is exciting, but there's still time for Ben to change his mind again, lol. I would love to be belly buddies again, that would be wonderful. I'm sure Kelse will get used to the stairs soon enough, then there'll be no stopping her. And I'm sure you'll get used to juggling them both too, and you'll be out and about like you were with 1 in no time. Thanks for replying to my woohoo, it is a shame, but hopefully this will be the first of many calls. I can't wait to see him in a catalogue either, that will be so cool. The little boy they used instead of him is in the current catalogue. Lol at you telling everyone that you know him, hehehehehe. I know, I hate being sick, I hate even more when Jonah is sick though. He was just up for a very short time half an hour or so and had to go back to bed, poor little mite. He's hardly had anything to drink or eat lately, I'm quite worried, if he's not better soon I might take him to the doctors, although I'm sure they will say there's nothing they can do.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Brooke- Sorry to hear that Maya is sick again I hope she gets better soon and stays well for a while. Congrats on your new job, that's fantastic. I'm sure you're just a bit apprehensive because you're scared. That always happens when you have to do something new. And look at it this way it's just a job, if you don't like it, it's not permanent Good luck though, I hope it works out for you.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Brooke- Yep, I agree with your mum Good luck for this weekend. I'm feeling a little better today, still have a bit of an upset tummy, but Jonah isn't better

Just closing this thread now. You can find the new one HERE.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456