Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in July 2006 #3

Fraser Guest

Hi chicklets,

well I'm a big fat loser - I couldn't say anything to her, she let herself in and banged her pram around so her excuse that she let herself in so as not to wake Charlie was moot - because her crashing and banging around would have woken him up anyway, he wasn't asleep I had him and was contemplating hiding in the laundry cupboard, but wasn't sure I could keep him quiet for long enough. She arrived at 12pm and left at 4.30pm - so not too bad this time. My brother is ultra sensitive (read bi polar) so I wouldn't want to upset him, he would get upset that I was potentially upset then he would get upset that I was angry at her and then he would get upset that Erin is doing what she's doing and he would feel guilty and it would be just a bigger mess. DH reckons if she lets herself in when he's at home he'll let her have it, which is a worry because she drives him a little crazy, but she's a little frightened of DH so I don't think she would let herself in if she knew he was here.

Dee - I get the impression that AF isn't far off either, I keep getting minor cramps and that 'feeling' but nothing eventuates, and my crankiness can be explained away by lack of sleep! so I'm not sure - I quite like not having it - I hope it stays away!

Kelly - I hope Charlottes needles went ok, I worked myself up into a bit of a state about them, but they're not that bad really are they!

Cassie - we went to our GP to get the needles done, it was good because we were allowed to stay as long as we wanted so I could feed Charlie to calm him I mean me down. Hope it all went ok.

Fee - I'm not sure what a roll over feed is - but if it's the one in the middle of the night, we're still doing it. Charlie feeds at about 10pm and then at about 2 or 3am and then again at about 6am - I am trying to lengthen them out but I'm not too sure how. Sometimes he misses the 10pm feed altogether and sleeps until 2am - I need to move that one out a bit so he sleeps from 10pm until 6am - but I really don't know how, our mothers group discussion today is sleep and settling so I might bring it up then

Bubs - I think there is a 10 week growth spurt or is it 12 - then again all babies are different. I wish Charlie would sleep a little during the day - but he just wont - he'll fall asleep on me but as soon a he hits that bed he's wide awake and shouting at me for putting him there! It's funny how quickly they grow in and out of phases though - I'll bet next week Danielle will be back to normal

better run the shouts are now hysterical crying....

EM

the neddles we not to bad, but today she was crying so mcuh and would not settle to i had to give her panadol, and last night she was restless, but with sleeping today she has been an angel, put her self to sleep this morning for 2 hours and now she is alseep in her swing. we went to see the pead yesterday and she will have to have her tounge cut, but they will put her to sleep when they do it, i am going to be a mess when they do it, however she ill only be alseep for about 15mins, and then will have to spend a few hours at the hospital afterwards to make sure she is feeding fine and there is no pain.

Dee- you poor thing with AF returning, how are you feeling?

Em- i would be the same, i am not a person that can confront people.

Fee- maybe try to do a roll over feed, i don't have that problem Charlotte last feed is about 8-8:30

well i must be off Charlotte has woken up, and needs a nappy change

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser
    Fee - I'm not sure what a roll over feed is
    It's where you get your baby up for a feed before you go to bed. It's so hopefully they sleep through the night.

So for example, Cooper has his last feed at 6pm and goes to sleep. So I should then get him up around 10pm and feed him. Then I go to bed. That way he should go his 8 hours between feeds which brings you up to 6am.

Currently I just let him go - so he wakes then around 2am.

It's also called a "dream feed" because you can do it while the baby is still sleeping. They should just start to suckle.

Em - I hope you can work things out. Maybe you can run into the backyard and hide is a shed or something. I honestly thing if you don't want her doing it you've just got to come out with it. Hey - maybe you should get a key for their place and do exactly the same thing!!! I tell ya if someone came banging and crashing into my house I would let them have it. I do with my friend's kids who absolutely destroy my house when they are here!!

Kel - when are they thinking about doing the op? I read somewhere that you should wait until they are at least a year old. Is that true? I bet you will be a mess when it happens. I was like that when they put Danielle in the 'Hot Box' for jaundice. At least you know everything will be fine afterwards.

Danielle's sitting in her bouncer beside me here but I've got to keep bouncing her with my foot otherwise she's going to cry. Spoke too soon - she's on my lap now. She's being a total horror!! I think she might have an upset tummy. She's being doing number 2's twice over the last 2 days which is not normal for her - she only goes once every 2 days - and it wasn't a normal poo (sorry!). I've also had an upset belly with the 'Runs' (sorry again!!) so I'm wondering if she's got it too and that's why she's so grizzly - I know I am! I can't eat anything!! We caught up with the girls from Mother's Group yesterday. They said and try and change our routine to see if we can get Danielle to 8pm like she used to so we bathed at 6.30pm instead of 5pm and I got her to 7.30pm but she still woke at 1.30am then at 6.45. I think this is what it's going to be for a while now.

We are off now. Not going to the gym today. We are going to take it easy at home. Have a great day everyone.

Fraser Guest

who hoo!! he self settled!!! he's still asleep, touch wood, and I hope he stays that way!

went to my mothers group and the nurses who it run took Charlie off me right away and said 'oh my god you look terrrible' - so I guess the makeup I put on before going was a waste of time! But is was really good, I'm glad I went, got heaps of good tips about settling and sleeping and it seems I am letting him get way too tired before putting him to bed.

One question though - you're supposed to feed them then let them play for a little bit and then put them to bed when they show signs of tiredness, so they go into a deep sleep but then go into a light sleep and can sometimes wake up in the light sleep bit - If they wont go back to the deep sleep are you supposed to get them up or just leave them there? I know that all sounds a bit too clinical - but I'm just not sure what to do with him if we wont settle in bed - I imagine that if you keep getting him up then he'll just get tired and confused. like me...

Fee - Cooper sounds like Charlie, he does that too - perhaps I will try this rollover feed thingo and see if he will sleep through the night. At the moment he definitley has a 7 to 8 hour sleep but you just can't predict when it will be

Bubs - it's hard when bubbies have a tummy ache - try using Brauers Colic relief because that also helps settle baby tummies and maybe that will be enough to stop her grizzling. Poor litle poppet

Kelly - I will have to read back through your posts - but that sounds a bit tough - I don't think I would be able to handle that either. But at least you know it's for her own good and she will be happier afterwards, it's like I don't know how people can pierce their childrens ears, it was really painful when I got it done at age 16 - I can't imgaine how painful it would be for a baby and how you would cope with it (no offence to anyone who pierces their childrens ears - I just don't think I could cope with the pain side of it)

oh cr*p he's awake - ok so I'll just leave him be for a bit and see if he goes back off to sleep or not..... waiting waiting waiting....

Em

Em - I'll explain what I do and did with Danielle. Before she used to have a feed at 7pm ish and she would sit with me for a while to let it go down and then I would put her to bed awake and let her settle herself. With regards to crying - she has two sorts of crying - one sounds just like 'raagghh' and if she only does one every now and then - I would leave her incase she's doing it in her sleep but if I hear the 'raaaaaaaagggggghhhhhhh sob sob raaaaaagggggghhhhhhhh' I know she's awake and then go and get her. Now she falls asleep on me straight after her 7pm feed and I put her straight to bed but I still listen to her crying before I get out of bed in the middle of the night as she's done a few 'raagghh's and gone back to sleep. I usually let her cry for a few minutes before I go in though to see what she will do. Does that make sense??

Fraser Guest

Hey Bubs - yep that makes sense - it so tricky though isn't it - I am used to his crying now and sometimes I have blocked it out so effectively I don't notice that he is hysterical - it makes me feel so bad when I realise he's really screaming the house down and I've been leafing through a magazine, drinking coffee and intermittantly gazing out the window.... what a terrible mum!

his attention cry is so loud too, I sort of start to feel sorry for the neighbours after a while!!

How long do you leave the attention seeking cries before you go and see what she's up to?

Em - I usually wait for about 5 minutes give or take. I have read bits about the controlled crying technique and that's what they say but if she becomes too histerical I go in earlier. I too let her cry at times like if I need to put the dishwasher on or doing something quite quickly. I don't think you are a terrible mum - you just got to do what you got to do!!

I just got a call from the car yard - my car will be ready on Friday!! YAY!!!

em- what i have been doing latley is when Charlotte starts to crack it i wrap her and then put her in her bed, sometimes she will cry and then i will normally go in after a few mins put her dummy back in and walk out, then she will normally lay there for about 15-30mins until she slowly goes to sleep, have been doin this and it works really well, during the day she can sleep up to 2:30-3 hrs, and then at night she will go about 6 hrs.

Bubs- in regards to tounge tie, i really don't know, i am getting it done so there will be no problems with speach later on, my MCHN said that some children don't need it done and the skin between the tounge will strech.

Fee- did you do a roll over feed?

Having a good day, i think Madison is trying to drop her afternoon sleep though i will keep putting her into bed as i ahve been told they should drop it about 3 years of age, she will normally just pl;ay and look at some books., when to target and got some nappies today as they were on special.
    Has anyone thought what they are going to get their babies for Christmas, i have no idea.

Hi girls

Having a lovely week. Had mothers group on Monday which was fun. Saw one girlfriend yesterday with her 3 month old daughter we had a walk and lunch in a cafe and a look at the shops. Then today had my dear friend who is 15 weeks pregnant come over and we went out for lunch and a look at the shops and we always have great chats about pregnancy, babies and childrens issues so that was great. Haven't had Dylan's immunisations done as yet have put it off til next week.

Em I think it depends on whether it is daytime or nighttime when this is happening. In the daytime I let Dylan sleep as long as he will usually between 20mins to an hour and then get him up. During the night though I try to get him to resettle if I believe he does not need a feed.

Anyway baby crying in the background so no more time for here!

Fee Guest

Cooper hardly had any sleep yesterday. About 2 hours around 9.00 am to 11.00 am. That was it! I could not get him to sleep after any of his other feed/play sessions. I hate days like that. I just don't understand why he won't sleep. It's obvious he is tired. I see the signs and try to put him in his cot but he just cries. But then he'll sleep on me!

He slept well last night though – just his usual. Feed him around 5.00 pm, 1.30 am and 5.45 am. And he settles perfectly every time. Don't understand why he can't do this during the day. What's the difference?!

Bubseykel – Hope you and Danielle are feeling better.

Fraser – Good question about the waking during light sleep. I think this is what happens with Cooper sometimes. On the days I can actually get him to sleep in his cot, he often wakes up just an hour later – way too early for his next feed. I usually pick him up. Maybe he's still tired and just needs to be patted or something? I've got no idea. Feel like I don't have a clue lately. So frustrating.

kmh – Nah I haven't tried the rollover feed yet. I am not 100% sure if I want to! I think I'll have trouble staying awake until 10.00 pm though… we'll see!

Cassie – Sounds like you are having a great week. Very nice!

Fee - Danielle was very much like that yesterday but that's her all over. She slept from 10.30 to 12.30 and had maybe 3 half hour catnaps during the day. I was surprised she slept those 2 hours in the morning. I agree - it can be so frustrating!! I don't know about you but I would prefer them sleeping more at night and less during the day.

Cassie - sounds like you are having a lovely week.

Kel - we are thinking of buying Danielle a ride on bike of some sort. We had a Toyworld catalogue and Ken was gooing and garing over those bikes. We'll wait until it's closer I think.

We both seem back to normal now. Danielle slept through the night 8ish to 7.15am and I'm eating normally again so we both feel good. I think staying home yesterday helped both of us. I've changed Danielle's routine now. I feed her on demand during the late afternoon and evening, then at 6.30-7pm I give her a bit of 'Nuddy Time', then I give her a bath and feed her and she goes to bed. It seemed to work and kept her up until 8 quite easily. Off to Mother's Group today. We are learning Baby Massage today. Danielle gets it now but I guess it's not the proper way but she loves it anyway.

Better go - she's awake now. Have a great day!!

had a really restless night last night, she was sort of waking up at 10pm so i feed her, she only lasted about 5mins so i put her back inot bed, she then was up around 12pm so i feed her, she then was up at 2am so i put her in bed with me, went back to sleep, was up at 4:45 feed her, she didn't feed much and then was up at 7am feed her in bed ans she went back to sleep until 9am. She was tired again at 9:30 so back in bed and she is asleep at the moment.

Fee i hate those kind of days, i find Charlotte sleeps really well in the mornings and then cap naps during the afternoon usually in her swing.

busb- good to see you are back to normal, wow Danielle sleeps so well over night, i wish.

the little miss is awake now so i must be off, have a great day

Hello all - its been awhile but have had so much happening. Poor Zac has an umbili hernia and colic so he is very fussy at the moment. When to QE2 to try and sort it out but left as they didnt help and made me feel bad for co sleeping. Is any one else co sleeping? i got quiet a shock last night. gave zac a feed about 7.30 and he feel asleep but kept feeding for about an hour an a half. DH then helped me detach him and held him for a few minutes to make sure he didnt wake and then put him back to bed with me and he slept until 3.30. he had another feed and slept until 8.30 then played abit then had a feed and fell back asleep.
    I am just so happy i can now get him to sleep without being attached. better go and get DH up for work befor hius alarm wakes zac

hey girls
    how are you all doing bailee wakes abot 930am after a 12 to 13hr night sleeptehn he is awake all day he may nod of for an hour or so but thats all he osent wanna miss out on anything lol iknow he is only two months old but he dose crake it we leave the room to go out side we wants to come to lol
    anyways better gotta get ready for the health nurse 4 weeks of ago he weighted 4256
    his length was 54cm and his head was 38.7 so i wonder how big he is today ill post again when we get home to show you all how big he is lol

Fraser Guest

hi guys,

well just when Charlie seems to be calming down everyone else;s babbies are unsettling.

Fee - I tried the rollover feed last night - it was hard to wake him and I felt a bit guilty - but we got him up at 10pm and fed him and he slept through until 4.30am - not quite as long as I would have liked but way better than 2am! when I fed him at 10pm he was ravenous even though we had to wake him to feed him - so obviously his tiredness over rode his hunger - I reckon you should try the roll over feed too. I'm going to do it again tonight.

well it's true you can break habits in a young baby in a couple of days - two days of perserverance and consistency and Charlie is happy to go into his cot awake and will put himself to sleep - he has his moments of squawking every now and then but a little cot jiggle and a few 'ssshhhh' noises and he's off to sleep again - I am so glad I canned all visitors and cancelled any appts I had and stuck with this for a few days - it has made heaps of difference - and I am much better at working out his tired signs - he seems much happier too!

Chantal - we don't co-sleep because I am a deep sleeper - so I get worried I will squash him - I have done it a couple of times when he was really young and wouldn't settle - it's lovely to know they are so close. Dh wont let me do it now he's bigger because he doesn't want him to get into the habit of sleeping in our bed

Thanks for all our advice ladies - I took it all on board and tried different little things with him yesterday - it appears that he is normal and it's really good to read that you guys all deal with the same issues (not that I wish them upon you!) but just reading that you are going through the same stuff makes me feel relieved and happy that I'm not doing anything wrong - he's just a normal baby!

Thanks everyone!

Em

Fraser Guest

oh and ps: mum and i weighed Charlie today in a round about fashion - I stood on the scales and then held Charlie.... we think he weighs about 7 kilos...... CRIKEY!!!! that's 15 or so pounds... will he ever stop putting on weight????

He's almost into 0 sized grow suits and almost up to the next size of nappies.... I thought you couldn't overfeed a breastfed baby - but it appears that you can!!!!

hey girls i thought ill get back to ya about bailees nurse check up well weight is 5542 his lengths is 58cm and his head is 41cm he's a big boy all nornal and i told hr that he is staring to reach for thing and touch things and she was inpressed as she told me most babies dont start that til half way though the 3rd month its good to know your baby wants to learn heaps il bet ya he;ll start walking early cos he has his sister around i read they do start thing early if they havr bro or sis around chloe did start walking til the day of her first birthday which was a heart felt moment i cryed everytime she walked that day it was like she new it was her day lol

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast