Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in July 2006 #3

Fee Guest

Fraser Cooper has become even more wriggly in his cot. This morning I found him lying sideways across the cot with his legs sticking out the side bars!!!

It's been very warm here. Today is 29 deg but feels much hotter. At night time (inside) it is around 19-20 deg lately.

You can see from these pics how he is moving a lot - he rolled onto his side the other day (accident maybe?!):

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/Fee78/DSCN3916.jpg
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/Fee78/DSCN3917.jpg
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/Fee78/DSCN3918.jpg
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/Fee78/DSCN3919.jpg

What are the baby massage classes like? Good?

HI everyone,

Sorry I haven't had a chance to read through all your posts but I'm planning to tomorrow but I thought I would fill you guys in what I'm doing today. It's our 2nd wedding anniversary and because Danielle is very grizzly at night we've decided to stay home instead of going out for dinner as we are going away for the weekend anyway. This is what I have planned for tonight. I've dressed up in a chocolate halter top and my black pants (pre-pregnancy ones yay just!!), done my hair and makeup. I've prepared brushetta for entre, chicken breast stuffed with spinach, basil, garlic and cheese with a side salad for mains and for dessert we have our top tier of our wedding cake which mum defrosted for us. I've got him a cute card and just waiting for him to come home then I'll race around lighting all the candles in the house and put on the CD that I made up for the church when we got married. I hope he likes it all.

I better run - I hope he likes it!!

Fraser Guest

Fee - Cooper is soooooooo cute!!! I wonder if you'll be able to keep up with him once he's crawling then! THe baby massage classes are good but they just go too long - they're an hour and 20-30 minutes of it is actual massage and quite frankly I think Charlie gets bored after a while! he loves the tummy massage which is good for Colic - a little too good though - we had farts with follow through - very embarrassing....... but he looked quite happy with himself!

Bubs - Hope you have a great night - now do you mean a chocolate coloured halter or did you melt a deck of Cadbury's..........

hey fee bailee is just starting to do wat cooper is doing in the pics by the way he is geoguse bailee is in a basanett and instead of turning around he gose up the top of the basanett til hi shead is turned to the side i craked up laughing when i sore him he looked so funny lol

Hi girls

Had Mothers gorup today at someone's house which was fun as we just let the babies play and cry etc and we chatted about our hubbys and jobs and stuff like that which was good. It is more rerlaxed now that we are not the the maternal health centre. I have the busiest week a friend and her two girls coming over tomorrow, immunisations (Dylan not me) and seeing my mum Wednesday, another girlfriend coming over Thursday and a another two friends and their little girl Friday plus baby shopping Saturday with my girlfeind who is 15 weeks pregnant. Eeeeeek what a week, It is because lots of my friends and my mum and brother are teachers and currently on school hols.

Oh and BTW Dylan did a poo yesterday thank goodness and then he did another one a couple of hours later and while I was changing that one he did another one which all over everything the change mat, the change table, me, half a packet of wipes, his clothes, the floor, etc etc!!! SO much poo it was like a Mr Whippy machine gone crazy!!! So I guess he had saved it all up for that explosion. It was like oooh my bottoms free I am going to let it all out now. And he went to bed a happy little camper with a full belly and empty bowels, LOL!!!

Fee My boob is feeling better but Dylan is still fussing at that boob which is weird. I think Dylan is so good at tummy time because I started it from the start with him. The roled up towel really works too. In your photos which are very cute it looks as though Cooper is not doing it accidentally but is in fact trying to roll over which is great.

KMH Yeah I am hoping it is not Mastitis too but it is feeling better and I am going to the docs on Wed anyway to check it and some other things out.

Fraser Your baby massage classes sound good I do a bit of massage on Dylan after a bath but not sure what I am doing I just kinda rub lotion on him and seems to like it. A girl in my mothers group teaches it so we are all going to have a class from her.

Bubsey Your night sounds amazing have a good anniversary.

Hey where has Boisey been????

Has anyone read the contented little baby book and are you following the routine from that?

Byee off to bed for a few hours before 3am feed.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

just popping in quickly to say hi - do not get on computer -too busy with Sam & Joel.My days pass me by in the blink of an eye.

Buskel - your anniversary sounds like a wonderful plan to spoil uour man.

Fraser - yuor husband is very romantic and Copper is gorgeous in your ticker.

Dustmire- you are a super personal writer ... are you taking notes for hints for your DW

Cassie - the ECHN told me breastfed babies are either normal with 10 a day or once in 10 days ... not so in our house we get a few a day and the noise is equivilant to mini explosion -when we go to church we they don't let go ... wonder if it is the chocloate I eat [oops]

to Dee,Fee,Baiza,Kel,Becca,AJ,Chantal,KMH,Boisey,Kyli e & Shinee

I can't believe they are 12 weeks already and 3 months on Saturday.
    Sam is now 5.4kg and Joel 4.95. Both are doing well but I still feeding very 3-4 hrs or less in Sam's case being demand fed.
    The only routine we have is whatever they want whenever they want LOL.
    Though the last week I have somehow managed to egt them both to have asleep in the morning around the same time.Still we are enjoying this season in life (yes equivilant of 1 whole season has passed already) they are such precious moments.

Joel is waiting to see Paed on Wednesday about mild dysplasia no change since last u/s 5 weeks ago.

hello all - sorry i havent posted in a while. a lot has happened. my milk dropped today. I have felt empty all day. poor zac has been onthem all day and is getting crabby as almost nothing is coming out. I think the stress of last night did it. (did really dumb thing - long story short i had to go to hospital to have rings cut off - very painful and stressful. now waiting to see how much will cost to repair) so i have taken some BF suplyments and have gotten some rest. on the plus side have found Zac will take formula if given to him from a cup. he is still refusing a bottle and dummy. has anyone else had this problem?

Fee Guest

Cooper didn't go quite as long with his sleep last night. I fed him at 5.00 pm and he woke at 2.30 am. So 9.5 hours. I was trying to hold him out for a feed around 6.00 pm but he was starving!

Not much else happening.

Bubseykel Sounds like you had a wonderful night planned. Hope you enjoyed it! Happy anniversary! It's our 2nd wedding anniversary this Sunday and I think we'll just be having a nice dinner at home too. But unfortunately we aren't going away.

Fraser LOL at the farts with follow through. That would have been funny! I might do some reading on baby massage and try it on Cooper. Like Cassie, I sometimes just rub lotion in and he seems to like it. But I don't do anything special.

Baiza It is funny seeing them all twisted around isn't it!

Cassie PMSL at the Mr Whippy comment. Hehehe. I bet that was fun to clean up! About tummy time I've done it with Cooper from the start but he's not very interested! Only some times does he lift his head. Usually he just lies there.

Baby~amore Sounds like those boys of yours are keeping you very busy! Hope Joel's paed check up goes well.

chantal25 Sorry can't help with the bottle and dummy problem as Cooper doesn't use either of these. I hope it sorts out soon. That's good Zac will take formula from a cup (how cute!). And I hope you can get your rings fixed.

Hi Beautiful Girls!!!
    Sorry that I have been off the air waves ...but our lives turned to ****!!!
    Let me explain...ever since Jensen was born he would cry! Id feed him and then straight after he would cry, if I didnt bounce him on the fit ball he would cry, Id be lucky if he slept 1 hour during the day and he would wake every hour on the hour at night!!! Needless to say I was going crazy!!!! As I could never put him down or be away from him...and then things just got worse ...it went from crying to screaming almost 24 hours a day!!! It was about 7 days ago when I called my Mum balling my eyes out telling her I was going totally crazy and that I couldnt do this!! ANd poor Rob was in syd for work...anyway Mum insisted that I take Jensen to an Osteopath ...which I did...who looked Jensen over with a fine tooth comb and said that he had a very sore neck and lower back due to the dreadful birth he had with the forceps and very long labour...Anyway after seeing my Miracle Osteopath 3 times now and him using very gentle massage...I now have a new happy, smiling and gurgling and SLEEPING little boy!! Its a bloody MIRACLE!!!!!!! LOL!!!!And with that I now have my sanity back!!!
    Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
    Id have to say that the last 7 weeks have been total hell for me and Jensen and now its like I have different happy little baby....
    Ill try to catch up on all the posts Ive missed! Hope you are all doing well!!
    And Dee!!! Its great to hear from you...Ive missed you!!!
    Love Cyn

hi all

Cyn- that is go good that Jensen is behaving himself, i hope you get some more sleep.

Bubs- i hope it all went well for you,happy anniversary, i hoope danielle behaved herself for you both.

Cassie- Happy anniversary for you too.

I went to Maldon Near Bendigo last night to get some photos taken with Tims family 5 generations. Madison really enjoyed herself, chased a dog around and had a turn on the motorbike with her daddy.
    Charlotte has been a bit restless over the past few night waking all the time, but i just put her in bed with me and she suggles in.
    I hope everyone enjoyed their weekends. Oh yeah i now have Broadband yeah it is so much faster.

hey all thought ill drop in and say hello hope you all are doin fine
    talk to ya soon

Ha ha! Sarina did an explosive poo yesterday too! I was starting to dress her on the carpet (on a pile of terries) after a nice warm bath when all of a sudden, she did the biggest explosive poo! The first time it was actually into a nappy which was great but then it kept coming for around 15 mins! Everytime I thought she'd finished there was a little more. She's started going less now - and typically not going in the night anymore too.

We had a scare a couple of days ago. Sarina was showing DH how strong her neck was by doing tummy time whilst on the bed (DON'T DO THIS!). He asked if she had rolled over yet.....i said no....and then she did. but not before I could catch her and she fell off the bed onto the floor (onto her back). I went hysterical, called the hospital who recommended I phoned the 1800 60 60 24 nurse number. Sarina stopped crying after 1 min but I was shocked and couldn't stop crying and shaking. After going through several checks with them on the phone(did she pass out ? No; is the skin broken? No; Is there fluid coming out of her ears? No etc) they advised me to observe her carefully for next 48 hrs.

I'm so lucky that she seems unscathed. Her behaviour has been completely normal although I couldn't put her down all day wanting to cuddle her to make up for my stupidity.

I've since found out that nearly every parent has a baby who tumbles and hurts themselves but don't want to talk about it (embarassed). I feel so bad and guilty and lucky that she's ok.

Fee Guest

Cooper slept well again last night but still not quite 12 hours 10.5 hours this time between feeds. He fed at 5.30 pm and then 4.00 am and then 7.00 am. I was trying to hold him out until 6.00 pm last night (for his last feed) but I couldn't! So 5.30 pm it was.

He's just had an hour nap (that's as long as he goes during the day). So his next feed is still an hour away. I can hear him waking now.

Boisey That is FANTASTIC about the osteopath! You must be soooooo happy.

kmh Yay for Broadband. It's so much better isn't it? I hope Charlotte is doing okay.

RoyaUK Oh what a scare with Sarina! I hope she is okay. What a clever girl though rolling. And she looks so strong in your ticker pic. Cooper is terrible at tummy time. He hardly ever lifts his head and when he does it's not as high as Sarina. I feel a bit bad. Should he be better at it by now? It's like he's lazy he just lies his head down. In fact he kicks his legs and moves his arms more but does nothing with his head!

I know that Sarina is a little older than Cooper - but not much. Or I suppose just one or two weeks can make a real difference? But then maybe Sarina has been lifting her head like that for ages now?

How is everyone else's bubs at tummy time?

Fee - Cooper is sleeping well. The only thing I can suggest to stretch him out longer is maybe giving him some Nuddy Time or a bath after that feed. That's what we've done with Danielle to stretch her out again as she was falling asleep at 6.30pm and waking up at all times. If she has her last feed at 7.30pm and that seems to be able to take her to 6-7am. As for Tummy Time - Danielle hates it. All she seems to do it cry and scream but she loves laying on her back. She flicks her legs to the side but she doesn't realise if she lifted her shoulders she would probably roll. I've got to try and get her to do some Tummy Time but I'm not sure how. Playing with her even doesn't seem to help.

Roya - I bet you were beside yourself when it happened. One of the ladies at Mother's Group was saying that her friend puts her little one in her bouncer in the kitchen bench!! I almost gagged!! I will have to be more careful I think. I have Danielle on the bed when I'm folding washing next to her. I think I would freak if that happened.

Kel - sounds like you little trip was so fun - I love going on motorbikes. I'm so glad in that way I'm not pregnant anymore and can have a go again.

Cyn - I was thinking about you the other day and was going to message you to see how you were going. I'm so so so glad that Jensen is better. I have heard that going to those sort of people can have a magic effect on the babies.

Our Anniversary went well. Danielle decided to have a half hour cat nap whilst we ate dinner which was lovely. No TV, just quiet music, lovely conversations - I just loved it!! One thing though - we DTD without a condom and I've only been on the pill for 10days - the packet says 7 days and you are OK but I hope nothing comes of it - whoops!! :eek: We both got stuck in the moment. Danielle's been very grumpy lately. I can't get her to sleep during the day much but if she does have a sleep she's an angel!

Must run - I'm starting to pack for the weekend already. You just don't realise how much you need to pack now. Oh and I should get my new car today after a whole heap of stuff ups by the car yard. I hope it's ready this time.

Bye Bye!!

muma Guest

Forum Name:Muma
    State:vic
    Born:39weeks out of 40weeks
    Baby's DOB:4/7/06
    Time of birth: 9.10pm
    Weight -8 pound 11 -3960g
    Length - 51.5cm
    Head Circ -35.5cm
    Gender of Baby:male
    Baby's Name:lachlan robert carter-rijnders
    Baby's Website:http://www.babysites.com/sites/lilch...age=home&seq=1
    http://hstrial-jcarter151.homestead.com/
    Birth: normal/no drugs/no pain killers
    Labour: 3hours/20mins pushing
    Blood loss at birth:450mls
    Labour analgesia: only shower
    1st feed: brest fed 4/7/06
    Stay in hospital: well concidering had bub at 9.10pm i didnt really sleep that night but i left on the 6th july...
    happy reading and checking out websites..

Fee Guest

Bubseykel I can't stretch Cooper's feed any longer. I try! But he gets so cranky. 6pm is about the latest I can feed him.

Also I wondered if it was sleep time that was the problem that is, should I keep him awake for a while after his last feed. But now I think I've figured that how long Cooper sleeps has nothing to do with actual sleep time it's feed time that matters to him. Because we were out the other night and I fed Cooper at 6pm before leaving home. We got home at 9pm and I thought I'd try a feed then to see what happens (if he goes longer). But he was fast asleep so I left him.

And he slept the same amount of hours between feeds as normal so it didn't matter that he went to sleep later IYKWIM.

We usually do bath time halfway through the last feed.

Muma Welcome. What a quick labour you had! And a big boy too!

hi all
    well i just found out that one of my SIL's are pregnant, and another one is 12 weeks pregnant, however she is having a trouble pregnancy, got told that her baby might have downs., I really feel so sorry for my BIL and SIL. Charlotte has done much better last night, the last few nights she has woken up so much, and last night she only woke up for her feeds.

Muma- welcome, i love that name, if both of my girls were going to be boys they would of been Lachlan.

Bubs- were are you off too, when you pack for a baby you need so much.

How much does your babies sleep during the day, Charlotte loves her sleep, and will sleep around 3-5 times during the day.

muma Guest

hehe yeah very big boy and yeah i had contractions for bour 12hours before i went into labour like they were just tiny cramps lol they werent bad i still had 3games of pool at home with mates hehe coz i knew it was coming soon.
    Yes i chose lachlan the day i found out i was having a boy, i love the name lachlan and if i have a girl i like ashley. but i dunno theres alot of boys these days with the name ashley

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast