Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006 #6

HI girls

Back again from Sorrento but going again on Tuesday aaaggghhh the joys of renovating a house that you don't live in!

Fee Dylan has eaten everything I have given him. He has tried baby rice, apple, pear, pumpkin, sweet potato and tomorrow it will be carrot. He pulled faces throughout his whole first meal of apple but kept eating it. He loves pumpkin and opens his mouth for more and gets impatient if I take too long. When I tried him on sweet potato his first moutful he screwed up his face and shuddered and then opened up his mouth for more, I think he thought it was pumpkin and got a surprise when it wasn't. I am sure Cooper wiil want to keep eating especially when you introduce pumpkin and apple, etc!

Anyway have to go to bed I am so tired.

Hi guys!!

Well I made it through 3 days without loosing my temper, crying, screaming or anything like that. I'm so proud of myself. I feel like a whole new person again. Tests from the doctor came back all clear so there is nothing wrong with me apparently. I have 2 choices now - just put up with it or go to the gyno. Ken said do whatever I think is best. Things are different with my body now (sorry TMI!) but my periods are heavier and longer and clottier now and I never used to have a dull pain before but maybe that's just what happens after birth. Who knows! I've got until the start of March to decide whether I go to the gyno or not.

Danielle's going great. She took her first lunge forward on her hands and knees yesterday. I reckon give her a couple of weeks and she'll be off. She's been very good lately and now I've given her a queen size throw rug to dribble and spew and play on I've become a whole heap more relaxed about her moving around. She was a bit funny on Friday when we went out for dinner but she didn't sleep very well during the day and was very grumpy but we managed to eat our dinner in peace which was the main thing.

Fee - Danielle won't really eat much of the rice cereal on it's own either so I was told to introduce a bit of fruit with it like pears (apples can be a bit acidic to start with on their tummies). Now she eats them together no problems and about half a cup full. She eats pretty much everything I give her - pears, peaches, nectarines, banana, pumpkin, sweet potato, potato, carrot, green beans, spinach, cauliflower, broccoli and the list goes on. Because she's been on solids for a while now she can have meat too but she's not too keen on it but she's getting there. Just keep trying new things - he'll get the hang of it.

Kel - Ken does help out as much as he can but he works for himself so no work = no money - it's a hard one. He has now learnt to go with the flow and what ever happens happens.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and support. Hopefully I can keep going well and soon become a terrific mum again. I must run - time for Danielle brekky - banana and mixed cereal. Have a great day!!

kel- that is wonderful that things are starting to sort them slef out, in regarding to AF i would go to the gyno, just for a check up to see why things are happening.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Fee - those photos are unreal! That last one is priceless. Re: whether our babies took to eating straight away.. well, I have to say, yes, Ally took to it like a fish to water... I had prepared three tablespoons of mashed pumkin and she ate it all and looked for more. The next night was the same, but she ate 4 tablespoons.... It did give her solid poos and the second they touched her cute little bum it turned the skin red... But after a few days of cream the skin healed, so don't be surprised if this happens. Oh and I agree with Cassie - babies like the sweeter things like sweet potato or apple..

Kelly - you write that you feel like you only have two choices, put up with it or gyno... have you considered seeing a nathropath or a Traditional Chinesse Medican man.. . I had really bad, really irregular periods since I was 16, I tried everything, and the only thing that works for me is TCM, even the stuff the natropath gave me did not work (after 5 months), but one month on the TCM I ovulated on day 14 and Ally was conceived! I highly recommend them for getting your hormones in check... there are lots of options out there, just keep looking honey, you will find something that is right for you. Hugs... Even a really strong multi-vitamin (like Liven that is advertised on this web site) or USANA will help...

Us: well, I'm scared to write this as it will probably change, but Ally is only waking once each night... i still wake every two hours though...i don't know what has changed or why, and I've been naughty and have reverted back to bf her to sleep (Tresillian advised me that the reason she was waking up every 2 hours at night maybe because she needed the boob to put her back to sleep)....if she starts to wake agin I will have to resort to self setting again, but BF to sleep is just sooooo much quicker and easier IYKWIM? What do you girls do to put your babies to sleep?
    Last edited by Cee_Cee99; January 22nd, 2007 at 03:42 PM.

CC- well done to ally, last night i feed Charlotte at 10pm she went to bed and then didn't feed to 4:30am, it was so good, my boobs hurt so much, hopefully she does this tonight.

CC - I'll have a look in the yellow pages to see if there is anyone around my area and consider it. I have been to a nathropath before but it cost me a fortune. As for putting Danielle to sleep - she generally falls asleep on her last bottle at night which is about 7.30pm so she's in bed by 8pm. I have no trouble what so ever with her sleeping - we have done this routine since she was born and by 6 weeks of age she was sleeping through and still is. I say do whatever works for you.

I banged my nose on the bottom of my aunty's pool yesterday whilst doing backflips. Geez it hurts! I've got cuts all over it and it's a bit blue! Went to yoga class this morning - I come out feeling all relaxed. I'm sure it's helping me. Oh - and I've lost a bit more weight - I've lost 7.5 kilos now - down to 74.5 - only 8.5 more to go!! Off again to make our bed after I've washed it and sort out dinner - chicken and salad I think.

Kel -well done on the weight loss, i have lost about 15 kg's since having Charlotte I am sitting at 80kgs. which i am happy about.

Fraser Guest

oh God what happened??? I lost this thread I couldn't find it anywhere I thought you had all deserted me!!!! why couldn't I find this thread????

Things have been all over the place - Charlie has once again decided that sleep is for losers and the best play time is at night - last week I was averaging about 4 hours sleep a night and doing things like making blackcurrant juice with milk and wearing mismatching shoes, I even had two different colours of eyeshadow on one day (one on one eye and one on the other, fine if you're in a Pat Benatar music video but not good when at the supermarket, too OTT), DH thought I had really lost it when he found Charlies toys in the fridge, he checked the playbox for the milk, but I was sane I told him I put them in the fridge to cool them down so Charlie had something cold to play with in the horrible horrible heat - he still thought it was a bit nuts but it made sense to ME! Charlie couldn't have given a flying f*ck he just went back to eating the carpet

Bubs - are you nuts with the back flips into the pool??? I know you're feeling better but that's just crazy young lady!! I'm sorry I didn't realise you had PND (have I been away with the fairies?) I suffered mildly until about 16 weeks - good on you for recognising it and getting help - I don't doubt you were a great mum to Danielle the whole time

Fee - god Cooper takes some priceless pictures!! I mix pear with Charlie's farex, it's the only way he will eat it!

Cassie - how is the whole reno thing going - I think you should have got your DH to make a 'Block' style documentary, I would watch it!

Cee Cee - Charlie has been all over the shop with this sleep, firstly because of his 6 month needles and then it was really hot and then he just got back into the habit of waking every two hours - the last couple of nights have been better he has only woken once - but I am going to touch wood now because everytime I say something like that he changes his mind. You should definitley touch wood too!

Kel - Charlie had one night where he slept for 8 hours - but it was from 5.30pm - but I tell you what I was begging for him to wake up my boobs were that sore - but I couldn't be ar*ed getting out of bed to express!

Mads - Our Bamix broke too!! it made this whirring moaning sound and then the whizzy bit that mixes just fell right out!! It was like it was protesting being over worked or something!! at least it didn't make a huge mess though you poor thing!

Sorry if I missed anyone or something really important - I'm a little out of sorts - I am going to have a reiki healing on the weekend and some bowen therapy - I just don't feel quite right within myself so hopefully that will help.

Ok sorry for the long post - so much to say too much to read - ok you may be able to tell I just had some sugar - feeling crazy now......

Em- lol, at putting the toys in the fridge. Charlotte has done the same thing with sleeping but she will go to sleep by 10pm, by then i am tired, but she has been sleeping from then till 4:45 am this morning i was so happy, the last few nights she has only being waking once.

I am off to get some new pixi photos of the girls this afternoon, but all the clothes i get out form them had been stained, grrrr, so they are back in the washing machine getting clean agian.

Also i really want to post a new pic of Charlotte, but i don't know how to downsize the pic i have read what to do on lilypie, but i just don't get it, can someone help.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Kelly, is there a Chinatown in Perth? In Chinatown Sydney there are hundreds! TCM normally cost about $20 for the consol then about $30 for a weeks worth of herbs, but as I said I only took it for about 6 weeks so it worked out really cheap. the only problem is that there is a lanuguage barrier, so I took in my Temp charts which showed what my body was doing. I also find that Nathropaths are super expensive, normally about $60 for the consol. then upwards of $150 for the medicine...It is NOT cheap to be healthy is it!!!! That is great about the weight, you must be super proud of yourself!

KMH: wow, 15kg, that is great.... I'm back down to 52kg, but have this super flabby tummy that hangs over all my jeans, like the "muffin top".. None of my old clothes fit as they were hipster pants and short tight tops (being little, big clothes look silly on me)... but now my figure has changed so much that I have to go buy new clothes... oh well, the joys of motherhood

Cee_Cee99 Guest

sorry I missed your posts Fraser and Kmh???

Fraser: you crack me up - I've found my wallet in the fridge.. tisk tisk..sleep depravation is a real killer isn't it! Good luck with your threapy today, I'm going to the Chiro - a little TLC never hurt anyone

KMH - you need to reduce the size of your photo so that it can upload onto lilypie (as they store your photo on their server, the large photos would take up too much room). If you do not have photo editing software, just email me the photo, and I will reduce the size and email it back to you so that you can post. (email address is [email protected])... it will only take me a second and I don't mind at all.

speaking of new ticker photos, my new photo has my four loves, DH, Ally, Buddy and the beach... so cute....

Fee Guest

Cooper was so cranky yesterday afternoon. We went out to the shops for a while and his nap times got a bit messed up. I fed him 2 hourly yesterday afternoon as it was the only way I could keep him happy! He fed at 12.00 pm, 2.00 pm, 4.00 pm, 5.00 pm and 6.00 pm! :eek: Yikes! Normally he had 5 feeds over the entire day.

I tried Cooper on some butternut pumpkin last night and also this morning. He was not interested at all. He didn't make as many faces as with the Farex but still. He is not liking it at all! Why?!?! He just clamps his lips shut and turns his head. I guess he's confused as he's only ever had my boobies before! I will keep trying every day so he gets used to the fact that this is the new thing - SOLID FOOD!!!

kmh Did Charlotte like the sweet potato?

About resizing pics. Do you have a Photobucket account? You can upload your pic and choose what size you want it (Uploading Options 320 x 240 for example).

Usually I resize my pics on my computer first. A simple way to do it, is just to right click on your photo (in your My Documents) and then click "Send To Mail Recipient". Then just make sure you say "make all my pictures smaller". I just email it to myself and there you go it's down to the right size appropriate for emailing, uploading to websites etc. You can just save it to your computer again. Hope that makes sense.

Cassie I have tried pumpkin with Cooper and he's still not interested! Good to hear Dylan is enjoying his food.

Bubseykel You're sounding a lot happier that's so great! Sounds like Danielle will be crawling very soon. How exciting.

CC You asked how we put our babies to sleep. At the moment Cooper is quite fussy. I have to pat him a lot of the time! He used to self-settle. He's going through something at the moment. Basically I take him into his room, shut the blinds, turn on his CD player and give him some cuddles. Then I put him into his cot and say bye and leave the room. Normally he would go to sleep on his own. These days he needs a bit of reassurance. Sometimes it's just pats on the bum to quiet him down. Other times I have to keep patting and stroking him until he is asleep. What a pain! I wish he would self-settle again. So that's what I do during the day.

At night (bed time) we have a bath, BF and then read a book. Then I do the above.

Cooper doesn't wake during the night except when he's teething. So at those times I just need to reposition him and pat him bum once and leave the room. He's mostly half-asleep when he cries out but I can't leave him as he'll cry more and more. He was like this for 3 weeks before his teeth came through. Normally he sleeps from 6.30 pm to 5.00 am without stirring.

Fraser Geez girl you crack me up with your posts!!! Sorry to hear Charlie's been waking so much. I hope you stop feeling like a zombie soon and start getting your mind back!!!

God I am having a s#%t of a day with Dylan he has been crying most of the day except for when he is feeding, being entertained, pooing or sleeping. What has happened to my happy baby. On the upside he said mama dada before and I called DH immediately and then while I was on the phone to DH he said dadadadada so cute. Then it turned into gagagaga! Of course when I told DH that Dylan had been crying all day he said "He must be teething!" whenever he has an unsettled day everyone says he must be teething but to date I see no teeth!

Fraser LOL at you being a bit 'off' I have had many moments like that since bubs was born like throwing out one Dylan's beanies and then turning the house upside down looking for it and DH saying is it in a bin and me saying don't be ridiculous and then I looked and there it was in Dylan's bin! Then I put the camera case down the back of the couch and searched for weeks and then bought a new one only to find the old one down the back of the couch. The renos are going ok DH down there at the moment and doing some work. Can't wait til it is finished and rented out and then we can buy our own home!

Fee Dylan is loving every different food I am giving him so far which is good. Though it has only been rice cereal, pumpkin, sweet potato, pear, apple and carrot, tomorrow I am trying mashed potato and I am going to mix it with some boobie milk for a flavour hit we will see how that goes down. Keep perservering with Cooper he will like it eventually.

KMH Hope the photos turn out well, grrrr at having to wash the clothes again.

Ceecee I have a muffin top too and am still wearing some of my maternity pants which of course fall down and then the rest are clothes that re two sizes more than I used to wear oh well I will get there slowly!

Anyway off to destress from the crying day!!!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Fee - I've heard that some babies will not eat unless you let them feed themselves? Mabye strip Cooper to a nappy, put on some old clothes yourself get lots of towels ready and just pass the spoon with food on it over to him... hell, pass him the whole bowl if your game to get dirty. My cousin's baby was like this, would only eat if she fed herself! Thanks for the sleep routine, it is pretty similar to Ally's night, just during the day she wants to be BF to sleep... ahhh

Cassie: that is exactly like Ally, she makes this sound "mmmmmm" "mmmmmm" whenever I leave her - it is driving me mental. I can't leave the room, I need to be either feeding her or playing with her or she complains. I guess they are growing up and realising who we are and that we are seperate from them and they just want us near them???? Is this what they mean when they say "velcro baby?"...

Fraser Guest

oh man I WISH Charlie would notice when I left the room - he couldn't care less!!! he just loves being with other people - he does get clingy - but with my Mum ??!!???

hey girls
    thought i say hi bailee is very clever he says mum dad nan really it gos elike this mmmmuuuummm dada nnnaann somthing along those lines lol i didnt really notic them til my 2 yr old cam and said bailee said mum mum mu m now when i lisen to him dad has been addeed and nan too no one belives me when i tell them but they nilly fall over when they here him he says these words but i dont think he know wat they mean lol
    im off talk to ya all soon

Hi everyone!! More weight loss here - 7.6kgs left to go!!

Em - I was doing backflips in the pool wich my cousin who's 12 and couldn't do it so I was showing him. Deciding to be a show off I started doing them in a row but I got shallower in the water and then smacked my nose into the floor. It's not as sore but I have cuts all over it - great look. I've only been diagnosed with mild PND 2 weeks ago so you haven't been off with the fairies - I have!! I went off the air for a long time but I'm back now!!

Kel - the way I resize my picture is open it through my computer, right click on it and click edit and it takes me to Paint and I resize it in there and resave it as another file name so I don't change the original one. But that's just the way I do it.

Cassie - Ken usually tells me it's teething but I call it an off day like we all have at times but who really knows. I hope he settles again for you.

CC - I'm not sure if there is one. I don't get out into the actual city much but I think there is one in there but I'm a bit scared of going in there. I might go and see that nathropath I saw last time. It cost me (I think) $60 for an hour consult and $20 for 2 weeks of fixing stuff but I got back about $30 from Medibank Private for the consult. Ken doesn't really believe in natural remedies so I might have to do this one on the quiet.

Danielle's decided she doesn't need sleep at night either. I put her to bed at 8pm like normal asleep but she woke at 1.30 screaming the house down and wouldn't settle with just her dummy and patting (she normally doesn't sleep with her dummy unless she really really needs it). So I had to pick her up and settle her in my arms until she was asleep which took at 15mins but I was wide awake. Got back to sleep about 3am and she woke again at 4am screaming again. Tried the patting and dummy but that didn't help so picked her up and took her to our bed (have never done that before but I needed sleep), she played with the quilt and finally fell asleep about 4.45 and then she was awake an hour later ready to go for the day again. What's going on??????? She did have a 2 hour afternoon sleep yesterday which is not normal so maybe that's why but she's done that before and been fine. Maybe it's teeth again??? I remember she did that when her 2 bottom teeth came through - maybe the top ones aren't far off?? Luckily I don't have to go to work today - working from home - but poor DH.

Must run - lots to do today - have a great long weekend everyone!!

I think there is something in the waters, Charlotte had a crap night lseep last night, she wouldn't go down to after 10pm ( after she had been awake for 4 hours) and i had to cuddle her to sleep, and then woke up for a feed at 2am, 4:30am and then was up for the day at 7:30am.
    Charlotte had her neddles today and she was such a good girl, only cried when the 2nd neddle went in and as soon as i picked her up she stopped, she now asleep yay.

Em- i nearly put my weetbix in the microwave with out the milk this morning, I think we all need a week to sleep. Madison loves my mum too, at least if you need to go out and leave him with someone you know that he will be fine.

Kel- well done on your weight loss, I bet your MIL has nothing to say about that anymore.

Biazar- wow, Bailee is a cleaver boy, I have been going mum, mum mum to Charlotte but she just smiles at me.

CC- i am sending you an email with a pic, thank you so much.

Also Charlotte decided that she did not want to sleep yesterday and only slept for about 2 hours the whole day, we had out photos done and got one of Charlotte sitting by herself. I get them back in 2 weeks.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast