Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006 #6

Fee Guest

Cooper was weird last night. I put him to bed around 6.30 pm and he went to sleep. Then I heard him around 7.30 pm restless and rolling but still half asleep. Then he whacked his head really hard on the cot. I went in to sort of move him but he woke up. Then he wouldn't go back to sleep for about 45 minutes. We'd settle him and think he was asleep then he'd wake and cry. I was determined not to give in and feed him. Eventually he went to sleep.

I heard him cry out at 10.00 pm like the night before but he went back to sleep pretty fast. Then he slept until after 5.00 am with no more waking.

We tried brushing Cooper's teeth last night with his new toothbrush!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/Fee78/DSCN5683.jpg
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/Fee78/DSCN5684.jpg

(Sorry I just LOVE photos...)

About solids - I tried giving him some pumpkin and Farex BEFORE his breastfeed this morning but that didn't work. He still wasn't interested!!!

I visited a childcare centre today. They seemed really lovely. The director showed me around and then let me sit in the baby room as long as I wanted. I chatted with the 2 carers in the room while Cooper had a play.

It all seemed nice so I felt a little better that eventually I'm going to have to leave Cooper in childcare. Hmmm I'm still not keen ... but it has to be done. I have to go back to work in June - it will just be part time but still... I'm very sad about it.

Now the other worry is if he will get in anywhere and if it will be the centre of choice! I plan on visiting a few more centres over the next few weeks (I have Cooper's name down at quite a few but haven't actually seen them yet).

Cassie Sorry to hear you were having a bad day yesterday. Sounds like Cooper at the moment. Very grizzly! How's Dylan today?

CC I've tried giving Cooper the spoon. He waves it around and then sticks it in his mouth but then realises there is food on it and pulls a terrible face! I've put him in the chair outside in just a nappy and let him go for it. But nothing!

Fraser - You're lucky Charlie isn't too clingy! Cooper drives me nuts with his whinging when I leave the room!

Baiza Yay for Bailee talking. What a clever boy.

Bubseykel Danielle sounds a bit like Cooper right now. Cooper was quite unsettled at night just before his bottom teeth came through. He's doing it again so I'm thinking the top ones might arrive?

kmh I say "dada" to Cooper and he just laughs! Obviously our babies think we are funny when we say these words to them!

Mads Cooper's length measurement is always wrong I think! Well at least when I see the GP. Sometimes he has shrunk! How silly. I like my MCHN she does a good measuring job!

I've tried the rice cereal both gluggy and runny no luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubseykel View Post
    I've got until the start of March to decide whether I go to the gyno or not.
    Don't wait til march, go see the doctor and see what he/she thinks. You can reevaluate your options afterwards. Don't suffer while you are trying to decide, just go see the doc.

Well it appears Corban has said/figured out his first word, "dada". I can not get him to say it on demand, but he does say it from time to time and has a tendency to look my way and then say it. Unfortunately, to date mostly Heidi has heard it!

hello, its been very quite in here,
    just a quick question, how much is your babies eating at one time, Charlotte is only taking about 3/4 of a ice cube.
    i think i may take the girls swimming tomorrow if so it will be Charlottes first time in the pool.

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kmh View Post
    just a quick question, how much is your babies eating at one time, Charlotte is only taking about 3/4 of a ice cube.
    Cooper has been trying solids for a week now and is still not interested. He doesn't even eat half a teaspoon!

Hi girls

Just a quick one. Dylan did have a better day yesterday but a crappy arvo today and I tried everything to console him and only after an hour of screaming pus a teether, baby panadol and a cuddle from me did he stop. Who knows. There are no teeth ther yet.

KMH Dylan eats a couple of tablespoons full at a time. Like for lunch today he had two large cubes of sweet potato mixed with about a cube and a half of pumpkin and ater it all up.

I gave him pureed potato for the first time today mixed with breastmilk and it was still a bit lumpy and he was pulling faces and gagging so only had a couple of mouthfuls of that. He was still gagging for a while after and I couldn't help but laugh. But then had a look in his mouth and there was still a lump in there of potato, woops!

Night all must go to bed or will fall asleep here on the puter!

thats good to hear, Charlotte like the rice ceral as well, i have tried her on and off for about 3 weeks and she is still eating only 3/4 of an ice- cube, oh well i am not going to push it.

I am meeting up with a few girls from bb today in the city am really looking forward to it.

Thanks cc for doing the photo for me.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Kelly - I know it is hard to do something 'outside the sqaure' so to speak, but desperate times call for desperate measuers! I really feel that they helped me, but each to their own... I think that accupunture is a waste of money, however for some of my friends they think it is the answer to all their prayers???? Good luck with the nathropath, I'm sure they will help....Hope Danielle sleep is better... Ally went through that phase as well... so tiring isn't it...

Fee: sad about Childcare... if it makes you feel any better EVERYONE I've spoken to said that they thought they would be a mess, but after a week, they are actually OK with sending their babies to care..... but it must be soooo hard... there is zero day care spots available where I live... The RPA Hospital had over 5,000 births last year, the highest ever! I'm on waiting lists for 15 places, however the closest to the list is number 400! So does not look like Ally will be going to care any time soon. There is a babyboom in Sydney and with record rent prices there are no new daycare centers....

kmh: love your new ticker photo!!!!

Eating: Ally eats... wait for it...
    Breakfast, 3 tablespoons rice cereal mixed with 1 cup of stewed fruit
    Lunch: 1/2 advacardo or 1 cup stewed vegies
    Aternoon tea: 1 peice of fruit
    Dinner: 1 cup stewed vegies... plus..
    About 10 Breast feeds!

My doctor does not measure her lenght, but I just did and it was only 62cm... I looked in Baby Love and that is the bottom line, she was 52cm born, so she has grown 10cm in 6 months... She weighed 6.1kgs at 6 months, however now she has started eating solids I think she has put on a kg.... do you guys think I should be worried about her stats???? For a baby that eats so much she sure is small???????

CC, thanks for doing the photo, i really don't tink you your should be worried about what she eats, Charlotte will have anywhere between 8-10 feeds per day and will eat about 3/4 of an ice cube of vegies, each to there own. wow at the childcare spots here where i live we have no probs about finding care.

Mads- freya is very cute too, love the new pic.

Fee- As a qualified childcare worker, I say go with your heart you will know which centre is right for you and Cooper, but have a look at them all, When i went and looked at centres for Madison I went to all in Pakenham. I really like the one that she is in, and she rather likes it too.

I just went to put Charlotte down in her cot and I bashed her head on the cot, poor baba, she cried only for a sec gave her a cuddle and she went to sleep. Hope tonight is better then last night she was up for a feed at 11pm, 2:30 am and 6am, I am tired.
    Went into the city to meet some people from BB, had a great time.

hey girls
    it seem you all are having trouble with the little ones i feel bad coz bailee is great at sleeping and trhe same with chloe i hope you all are doing ok i cant give ya any help cos i dont know wat to say lol with eating food bailee is a piggies he eats a full jar of baby food then once i add fresh veggies it becomes bigger and the little bugger eats it all if i try and stop him half way though he sqwels i thought only girls sqwel but my little man has a good set of lungs to sqwel the way he dose
    im so excited at the moment iv just sold my second candle on ebay and iv sold 6 candles to friends i really think this is going to go somewere lol im still hoping it will if anyone is wanting a candle email me and we;ll talk about off bb my email address is [email protected]
    well girls im off ill talk to ya all soon
    bye for now

Ok Fraser, you had said in the previous thread you would like to see pictures of where I live. I have two for you. Not the best pictures, nor was the camera ideal but I just did a quick two shots, one at the front of the house and one out the back side of the house. These pics are a week or two old now (took me a bit to get DW to transfer and post them for me). But at any rate, here you go:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...oms/robbb1.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...oms/robbb2.jpg

Corban had to get 5 shots yesterday. woke at 4 am with 102 fever and has been off and on through out the day with a fever. Been very clingy to mum and not the happiest camper as you can probably imagine.

I am sooooo tired today, Charlotte did not want to sleep last night, was waking every 40mins to an hour last night, i think the most sleep i got was between 6:15am to 7:50am, oh today is going to be a great day.
    Mads- I don't know how you do it every night. Do you have any sleeps schools near you, sometimes they do a week stay where they can help you with the over night settling.

Dustmite- it looks beautiful where you live, looks cold though.

Fee Guest

Cooper is driving us mental at the moment! The whole not being able to self-settle himself has been going on for ages now but it's even worse lately. He just screams the place down when we put him in the cot and leave. It takes a lot of patting or jiggling the mattress to put him to sleep. And he's so whingy when playing on the floor - especially if we leave the room for a minute.

Also for the past 3 mornings he has woken just after 4.00 am for a feed! It's like he thinks it is 5.00 am (when he usually wakes). He's just wide awake. The first two times he would not go back to sleep after I fed him! Aggghh!!! But this morning thankfully he did and slept until nearly 7.00 am.

It has to be more teeth. And he's not sleeping as long as usual during the day. Maybe 30-40 minutes? Just last week his naps were 2 hours.

I'm definitely going to get him checked out at the doctor's to rule out anything else. I'm going today to get a referral to see my OB again, so I will ask the GP to check over Cooper.

The past two mornings I have mixed sweet potato into his Farex. He's eating a little bit but I have to be tricky and wait until he opens his mouth (usually by making him laugh or something). He's definitely not opening his mouth for the actual food!!! So he's still not really enjoying solids.

Guess what he's doing? Sort of commando crawling backwards! Well he pushes himself and he goes backwards. Very funny. He's also good at sitting up properly now. He doesn't lean forward anymore. He can sit up very straight and grab toys, lean forward to pick them up off the ground and then sit up straight again. But sometimes he can still lean back too much and then topple over.

Cassie Sounds like Dylan is a good eater! I hope Cooper gets better soon.

Mads Oh Mads I'm sorry to hear about Freya's night wakings. I hope that the book can help you. Oh I wish I could make it all better for you. *hugs*

kmh Glad to hear the BB meet up was a good time.

CC Yeah there are no vacancies with childcare here either. I don't know what I'll do if he doesn't get in I guess my mum might have to look after him more than just 1 day a week!

OMG Ally eats sooooo much! Cooper has 5 breastfeeds and barely eats any solids. Oh well it's only been 1 week so far.

Baiza Glad to hear your candle business is going well!

Dustmite Wow at your photos. Look at all the snow!

Hope Corban is feeling better and his fever has gone down.

Fraser Guest

oh man!! I am having sleep problems with Charlie too!!! he will only sleep in 3.5 hour blocks at night now - no where near as bad as Freya is Mads - but enough to make me scratch my head and wonder what the hell I have done wrong!

is he not full enough, is it his teeth, is he just doing it to pi*s me off?????

I'm off in search of help in here somewhere - will be back

Em- I know what is like at the moment, Charlotte has gone to waking for feeds at 11pm, 2:30am and 6 am and then getting up for the day at 8am, she also needs settling inbetween that too, i don't know what to do.
    She is in our room at the moment, but we are moving her into her own room today and we are going to set up the potta cot in our room just incase.

What are we going to do.......................

Fraser Guest

hey ladies - still no joy in the sleep front.

I caught Charlie on the phone last night, conference call with Freya and Charlotte, something about - 'ok Freya you start crying at 11pm, I'm going to do that thing where I wake up 2 seconds after Mummy settles into bed and Charlotte it's your turn to not sleep at all' - that's pretty much all I caught before he switched the speaker phone off and hid the phone in his bed..............

aarrgggghhhhhh - how did you all go last night?

Em- lol, Last night Charlotte went to bed at 11pm then was up 12am, 2:30am 6 am for a feed and then a comfort feed in bed at 7:15am and then we were out of bed at 8:45am.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast