Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006

hey trish
    i got really sore and cracked nipples you know wat works and i didnt belive it until i tryed it they were really sore to the point of crying just befor you feed the boys express some milk onto your fingures and place it on your nipples enough to cover them wait a couple of seconds then put one baby on youll have a little sting but a sec later its pain free if they still hurt repeat again but this time add alittle more breast milk to them it work so well i cant belive it let me know if it works

Fee Guest

I'm so frustrated at the moment. Cooper is so unsettled after feeds and it's hard to get him to sleep. Hopefully I can get some answers at the clinic tomorrow. I burst into tears a lot! Is anyone else the same?

Tulip – Sorry to hear about your stitches. How is it all feeling today? I hope the infection clears up quickly. Glad to hear you are happy with using a dummy. Cooper has been so grizzly the past few days after feeds. I didn't want to use one either but am seriously considering opening the packet…

boybump – Congratulations on the arrival of Ben! Glad to hear all is going well.

kmh – Charlotte has night feeds similar to Cooper – around 10.00 pm, 2.00 am and 6.00 am. Sorry to hear about the tongue tie – is it causing many problems?

Bubseykel – Glad to hear feeding is going well with EBM. That's great.

Fraser – How is Charlie's belly button? Cooper's stump has been hanging on by one thread for days! It should drop off any time. I haven't had any issues with bleeding though. We don't really touch it at all.

Baby~amore – The midwives at the hospital gave me some sample Lansinoh – I've also heard it's the best stuff.

Hi everyone,

I was originally in the June belly buddies group, although only participated during my first trimester as a new job took most of my attention after that. Oskar was due June 30, but didn't arrive until 11 July!

Briefly, I was admitted to hospital July 9 for induction, but Oskar didn't want to come out and arrived at 4.21 am on July 11 by emergency c/s. This worked out well as he is a big boy (4065 g) and I am rather little! Having already spent two nights in hospital already I was keen to get home and left after three more days.

Oskar feeds well and sleeps beautifully - with one exception - his unsettled time (or 'terror time' as I saw one of you refer to it!) is between 10-11pm and 1-2 am when it is all feeding, changing and settling.

Has anyone visited their Early Childhood Health Centre yet? Do you recommend making and appointment or dropping in? What do they actually do when you visit?

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Becca- welcome to you and OsKar

The Nurse will weigh them, check reflexes etc and ask you questions about how they are going and see if you or baby has any concerns. We just had a visit today.

Hiya everyone,

I've tried the Lansinoh but I found Palmer's Coco Butter Nipple Cream better. All you can do is try them all and see which is best.

Welcome Becca and congratulations on Oskar.

Fee - I burst into tears at times only because I get frustrated with myself. Make sure you write down all your questions for the clinic so when you go you can remember everything. I hope Cooper settles soon.

Trish - you must have been so scared when you couldn't find Joel in the bed. One of the reasons we don't like Danielle in the bed - we are both really heavy sleepers.

Em - Danielle's belly button stump fell off when she was only a week old but the little stump that goes in had blood/gunky stuff coming out of it for about a week after that. Just keep cleaning it and keep it as dry as you can. It will heal up. Good to hear Simon's helping out. Ken's helping out too which is really good. And he's making his own lunch now too. Danielle always wants a feed a 4am so by the time I feed her, settle her and put her back down it's 5am and the alarm goes off at 6am - argh!! So he leaves me in bed and gets himself ready for work and off he goes so I can have a bit more sleep.

I've decided it's time to start to get back into shape. I'm cutting out all the rubbish I ate during pregnancy (before pregnancy I was a no fat/no sugar queen - during pregnancy I let go a bit) and we've started walking again a few weeks ago already and now we are up to 30-45 min every other day. I feel so much better after I go and Danielle loves the pram. I'm going to go to the gym for a very light session tomorrow and Mum's going to look after Danielle for me. I'm so looking forward to it. I can't wait until I can take her to the Yummy Mummy swimming class when she's a bit older.

I better go. Danielle's awake and we are going to have Play Time.

Fraser Guest

Oh Fee - don't worry I burst into tears at least once a day - when we first got home from the hospital it was more than once a day - I have a bad case of the baby blues - I can't find a happy place and it's so silly because this should be one of the happiest times of my life (apparently..!!!) but all I can think about is doom and gloom - as soon as the sun goes down I get so depressed because I know the tough times are about to start

I am finding it difficult to see Charlie as anything but a job at the moment and that makes me feel really really guilty - I can't wait until he gets a little older and isn's so fragile. He is very unsettled after feeds too - I am trying to switch from feeding him lying down (due to stitches) to feeding him whilst sitting up and he's not coping too well - he gulps and gurgles and then gets heaps of wind that takes ages to come up, if at all. He'll fall asleep and then half an hour later he'll be crying and either wanting more to drink or needing to be burped again - so so confusing!

I guess what I am trying to do is take it a day at a time, it's all I can do, and I have to realise it's not going to be like this forever - we're just getting used to each other.

Cheer up if you can, or watch some old episodes of Will & Grace to take your mind of it! Gilmore Girls is on Arena at 5am - I watch that to distract me from being tired - it frustrates the hell out of me and I love taking the **** out of it!

Bubs - good for you with the exercise take it easy though - I have been quite lucky - I've lost over 10 kilos already - am way thinner than I was before I got pregnant - who hoo!!!

Welcome Becca - this is a fantastic group - absolute sanity savers!

hope everyone else is well and happy

Cheers, Em

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

There were some great ads on nine last night after midnight ... can't say not politically correct but a matchmaking ad for same sex (but sleezy IYKWIM not tasteful) and a great quiz show for desparatos ring 1900... to guess words that match fire... and win money - with a busty hostess.

Em - I wish I was like you! I was overweight before I fell pregnant and now I'm 8 kilos heavier than my before weight. I need to loose 16 kilos before I'm in my healthy weight range again. No time like the present!!

I'm so sick of seeing those Pro Active 30 minute ads! If I see it one more time I think I'm going to scream!!

Bubseykel - I need to lose some too. Pre-pregnancy I had been the same weight for years (>50 kg) and was actually pleased to be putting weight on at first. But I had put on about 20 kg at my last appt before Oskar was born, which was more than I expected too. I don't know what I weigh now as I don't own scales. However, when people say 'don't worry, your belly will shrink' I'm thinking, 'my pre-pregnancy pants can't be pulled on past my knees, a shrinking uterus will not change the size of my thighs!'. Hopefully breastfeeding will use up the reserves like it is rumoured to.

Ok - those Pro-Active ads need to be shot. They were on all of our channels last night at once!! I ended up watching this 60's show in black and white on another channel which was so so so boring!!!

Trish - I saw that show last night and WA can't play but it's not that hard really. Luckily Danielle went to sleep so I didn't have to watch it anymore.

Em - How are you feeling today Em? The best way is to take it day by day as you said. Remember Charlie isn't even 2 weeks old yet so you are still getting used to having him around and totally dependent on you. I'm sure you are doing a great job and being a fantastic Mum. I know what you mean about feeling like just a job - feeding, changing, burping, settling - where's the time for me now?!?! Just remember what Trish is going thru - 2 of them!!

Becca - I tried to get my pre-pregnancy jeans on that I wore the longest and I got the waist up to my hips but not over them. I cleaned out my cupboards and have gotten rid of my maternity clothes (well - put into storage until I need them for the next one - I can't believe I'm planning that already!) and organised everything into a daggy/around the house shelf and 2 going out and dressy shelves. I'm so looking forward to being able to wear my nice clothes again. I might not be able to wear some of this stuff until my boobs shrink too which I don't think it's any time soon - I'm 3 sizes bigger and had to be re-fitted for bras again!! Keep going with the BF - apparently it does help with weight.

I guess I'm quite lucky that Danielle hasn't been too hard on me. We go out every other day, we get things done around the house and thankfully settling her hasn't been too bad either. I'm sure my day will come and she's horrible and you guys have it nice and rosey.

Have a great day!!

Fee Guest

We had our first trip to the "Well Baby Clinic" today. Cooper is doing great. His stats at birth and now are listed below:

BIRTH: Head circ - 35.2 cm / Length - 51.5 cm / Weight - 3630 g

TODAY: Head circ - 36.7 cm / Length - 54.5 cm / Weight - 4020 g

Cooper is 2 weeks and 2 days old today. He has put on 205 grams per week. The minimum they should put on is 160 grams. So he's doing well!

While he was lying nude on the bench Cooper decided to let loose with a wee and then a poo! The wee sprayed over the wall and on our nappy bag. Some even got on Mark!

I asked the midwife about Cooper being grizzly and unfortunately it's pretty normal - especially in the early evening. He may just want to feed every hour! They say the first 6 weeks are the hardest.

Our next appointment at the clinic is on Tuesday, 15 August.

Oh yeah, guess what?! I fit into my old jeans! Yay! I wore them to the clinic.

Becca – Welcome to the July group! Oskar is such a cute name! I assume that the Early Childhood Health Centre is what I went to today – mine is called the "Well Baby Clinic" and it's at my hospital. I pay for visits. I could go to the free clinic but chose to pay to go back to my hospital. It's nice to see familiar midwives there etc. I had to make an appointment. Basically I got to ask any questions, we chatted about family medical history, went through various things about Cooper and also myself. Then Cooper was weighed and measured.

Bubseykel – I asked so many questions at the clinic today and am feeling a lot better. The midwife said Cooper is doing really well. About him being unsettled – it's just part of it all! So I need to get used to it. At least I am feeling more confident about my milk supply and that Cooper is getting enough etc.

Fraser – More on the belly button stump. Cooper's fell off yesterday. The midwife at the clinic today said it's okay to pull down the skin around the belly button now and clean inside with a cotton tip. I hear ya on the crying, blues and feeling like it's all just a huge job. I've been the same at times. I can't wait until Cooper is a little older too. It's hard right now I think.

Hi there ladies

Have come over to the born in July thread, you girls are talking so much it is ace. Here are some photos of my little precious boy whom I love dearly.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1...ahsleeping.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1...ie6daysold.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1...IE77_01/Cu.jpg

Hope they work.

Dylan is feeding quite well has been solely on breatsmilk for a few days now I was topping him up with formula but actually gave him some formula tonight as I have an upset tummy and didn't want to pass it on. Not sure what it is probably overkill on the fibergel and prunes. Hav had lots of issues 'down there' since Dylan's birth but slowly getting over it. He is not great on the settling thing though but we are working on it. The latest thing I have been trying is wrapping him tightly, dummy in, lullaby playing and gently pushing the pram up and down which is where he is sleeping at the moment until we get him in the cot. He also like to come to bed with us and will sleep there or on my chest with my arm under his bottom with me gently patting him on the bottom. These all work so far and sort of.

Anyway hoping more ladies come over and join us soon.

Bye

hi all
    well we are doing really well, Charlotte has been great, sleeping well over night, she has been waking up around 11:30pm then at 4am and then abour 8:30-9am, the only thing is that she likes to sleep with me during the night, and in the day she likes her swing (the best thing i have ever brought) i have been trying to get her to sleep in her bassenet during the night, she will settle for about an 1hr and then she likes to be with me, but if i get sleep it is great. The Health nurse came out today, just to weigh her, she has put on 300 grams on in a week and a half. B/F is going well. I am going to take Charlotte to the doctors on friday about her tounge tie.

Cassie- i love the pics of Dylan. Charlotte dosn't like to get wrapped, she pulls her arms out straight away and if she carn't she crakes it.

fee- glad to see that Cooper is putting on weight. Thats funny about him pooing on everything, all babies go through some sort of grumpy time during the day, charlottes is normally about 7:30 to 10:30pm where she wants to feed all the time, however she is sleeping through it at the moment.

Bubs- glad to see you are out and about walking, as soon as i get the toddler seat for my pram i am going to start walking, i have gone off all junk food at the moment, i ahve only had a little bit of chocolate but i can not eat too much before i feel sick, i have also only been drinking water, and i have lost 11 kilos, since having Charloote. B/F has been helping.

Becca- Welcome.

I have just found out my BIL girlfriend is 4-5 weeks pregnant, which is so cool

Fraser Guest

hi ladies,

we had our clinic appt today also, went quite well - no wees on the clinic nurse but he did try his best to poo on her - missed though.

Charlie has put on 290 grams in a week and has grown 1cm and 1/2 to 54.5 cm in total!!

So clearly not having any problems with the breastfeeding! just have to learn to cope with the emotional - he's healthy and well cared for - I just have to manage my mental state now.

Fee - sounds like Charlie and Cooper are quite similar in size and habits! evenings are the most restless - we have just managed to settle him now - after a feed that initially started at 5.30pm..... so tiring!

Cassie - yaay for pictures of Dylan at last! he's so adorable! we;re the same with settling Charlie - trying music and dummies and the moment

Bubs - are the pro active ads the ones that Jessica Simpson and P Puff Diddy Daddy do? I'm a bit better today - not so frantic. I was overweight before I got pregnant also, but I had such bad morning sickness I lost heaps of weight in the beginning - who said bulemia doesn't work....... Kidding!!!!!

KMH - I love having Charlie in the bed with me - but it means I don't get much sleep because I only doze in case I squash him.

well better go and do something that I wouldn't be able to do if Charlie was awake!

keep happy ladies - Em.

Hellooooooooooooooooo BEAUTIFUL GIRLS!!!!
    Wow.... I have just logged on and been busy reading all your posts and catching up on all your wonderful news and experiances!

A huge thank you to everyone for your lovely posts and especially to Dee and Em! Sorry to have given you both such a scare...but we had a very hard time with Jensen's birth! Firstly we was born July 27th at 10.08pm, 3.435kg, 50cm long and just GORGEOUS! I am sooooo in love with this little boy! Ill write a birth story soon...just dont have the time right now...but things didnt go to plan at all at his birth...in fact it was all pretty bad....induced...then found out he was posteriour (spel) had to have an epi...that didnt work...had to use forceps...that didnt work...then had to have a spinal block and more forceps...plus a epesiotimy (spel..sorry very tired)...load of stiches! OOOwwwch is right Em!!!
    Anyway its all been so worth it....he is just the love of our lives...we got home yesterday and Im sooooo teary...I have just been feeling so overwhelmed by it all...Im ok one min the next Im balling my eyes out ...so I totally know what you mean Em when you say its hard to find a happy place when your scared and everything is so new....Jensen had a small vomit this morning and it had bright red blood in it...about a teaspoons worth...I just bolted in and woke up Rob and we called the hospital...I have never been so scared in all my life...we were told it was blood from my cracked nipples....so I have been pretty much ever since that happened! Ohhhhh this is so much more stressful than I ever thought it could be! God I hope that as I get more confident ....I will feel less stressed and emotional....
    Thank god for this forum...the support in here is so great I really dont know what I would do without you all....thank you!
    Ok...well Id better have a shower....I will write soon....just need some sleep!
    Congrats to all...and Dee I hope your holding your little man soon!
    Love
    Cyn
    xxxx

hey girls thought ill say hi i have disided to put bailee on the bottle as he isnt doing well on the boob he is always wanting it and it has turned me off it i didnt b/f dd and she did well on the bottle so now we have changediv been think to do this since he was one week old and now iv made my mind up at least i now he'll be happyer
    gotta go chat with ya soon

hello to you all and your beautiful babies too

Smile

Just thought I'd add myself to the list!!!

Bubs was born on July 10th at 11:29pm. Named Jacob.
    Birth weight was 3.6kg, head circumference was 36cm, and the stupid midwife didn't measure his length!!!

We went home fine three days after the birth and he was breast feeding good. Two days later he was refusing feeds so I took him to tthe hospital. Ended up getting rushed up to the Mater Children's Hospita, Brisbane (like 3 hours from home). Spent two days in ICU and then nine days in the ward. The doctors aren't sure what the problem was exactly. He had an infection, but they never told me what, and then he couldn't maintain his own blood sugar levels. They fasted him for 8 hours when he was 2 weeks old to see how his sugar levels went, and since then they havebeen fine.
    We have been home for 8 days now, and I am hoping that we've had our fair share of scary baby experiences. For a while atleast!!!

Had a normal vaginal birth. No pain relief at all. Ended up with two superficial stitches.
    Birth is definitely an eye opening experince, but I've pretty much forgotten it now anyway!

Hope all your babies are doing good.

Supa star - welcome to our group. Good to hear Jacob is ok now. It's really scarey when things like that happen. Can't wait to hear how he goes.

Baiza - I too found Danielle prefers the bottle too but I'm still expressing and giving her formula for top ups. There's no right or wrong way - whatever makes you happy.

Tanya - I'm glad you are starting to heal now. I'd be writing a letter to the hospital too. That's not good enough! Our clinic isn't like that. I would love to find a mother's group to join. I'll have to ask the nurse tomorrow when we have our weigh in.

Hi Cyn - good to hear from you again!! Hang in there - the hormones will settle down. Just remember (this is what a girlfriend told me - the best advice I ever got!) go with your gut/mother's instinct as it will be right. This is what she wrote to be in a little book from my baby shower "For any advice, don't ask me coz you'll just be worse off, in fact, don't really ask anyone. You will know what the best thing to do and will always be the best parents." Spoken from a true friend who's had 2 kids - gez I love her!!

Em - yep - those Pro Active ads are the one with them in it. Luckily I didn't see them last night. Danielle slept through that part of the night. That's quote from my friend is for you too - I hope it makes you feel stronger about everything.

Kel - sounds like Charlotte's sleeping pattern is great. Yay for putting on weight.

Cassie - yay for the photos!! He's a little angel!!

Fee - Cooper made me laugh about the poo and the wee. I'm dreading Danielle pooing and weeing while she's nude there too. Good to hear he's going well. Yay for the old jeans!!

Settling - I found Danielle loves to be wrapped in a bunny rug and just cuddled when she goes to bed. If I put her in her bed without a bunny rug she'll wake up within half an hour without fail. I'm lucky that she sleeps in 3-4 hour stints during the night and will settle in her own bed in her own room (which is right next to our room). I have to leave a night light on and put a soothing CD going but I can handle that just to have our bed to ourselves.

Has anyone else looked downstairs yet? I noticed that the opening is very big and open. Is anyone else like this? It just looks really abnormal. I'm just wondering if it's normal. I'm not too concerned - I'll just wait until my 6 week checkup.

I better run - I'm off shoe shopping. Seeing I don't want to buy clothes until I loose my weight again I have a shoe fettish. Shower, feed and we are off.

Have a great day.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast