Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #12

Tracey, Autumn had problems with a runny bum for three weeks after her 4m injections and I still think it was the rotavirus vaccine. I'm seriously thinking of not getting her the next dose at the six month ones. lol at Zyon's skin head. The
    Balinese have a kind of numbering system for their children don't they? I remember nearly everyone we met telling us their name was Wayan or Made - is that because they don't want to say their real names?

I definately think the Rotavirus caused Zyon to have a runny bum (still he does a runny poo in 95% of the nappies!) Finally starting to get a bit more thicker!

LOL @ the names!

Ok I'll give you a quick brief run down.....

I = Male, Ni = Female.

There is also a Caste system... (there is many varies)
    But in a basic/brief run down Putu, Gede, Agung are generally first borns (then there's also caste names etc) then Made, is for second born, Komang, Nyoman are third born, Ketut is 4th..... so on & so fourth then back to 1 again... There are others but this is just basic...

We spent 6 hours in the heat @ the Zoo today & iut was awesome, Man I am LURVING SUMMER!!!!!

at not being able to freeze glass!! I should of known that. Looks like I will need to invest in some plastic containers before I start making my own stuff. Sara - where do you get these take and toss containers from and how much are they?

Sacha - thats a great way to freeze the baby food! My freezer is always so full so it will be better with space. Avaleigh is not too keen on fruit either but today I made my own apple and added more water to make it more runny and she seemed to have liked that.

Floss - yes I mash up the banana, I try to mash it as much as possible. Avaleigh likes it but not as much at sweetcorn and pumpkin. OH at the 41 degrees on NYE.. it got to 45 here on Christmas day! Its meant to be hot her as well on NYE and day but i'll probably be spending most of the time in the pool. Hopefully with not too much of a hang over... I have bought Avaleigh the swimming nappies, I never even thought about normal nappies but there would just soak in too much water.

I put up photos from my wedding on to the BB gallery for those that dont have facebook!

V - your photos are all beautiful. Avaleigh has such a sweet yet slightly cheeky look lol! Is that outfit she has on one from Target with sparkles and butterflies embroidered? It looks like the one Autie wore to her christening - there's a photo in my gallery. It's so gorgeous.
    I know Woolies have the take and toss - they are clear but coloured and probably don't look like something you can throw away.

Sacha, How did you get Auties photo to look like that? I am thinking of getting a photo program to do all those kinds of things to photots. I think they are expesnive though.
    I just checked out the pic, and Kaetlyn has the same outfit!!! its so cute and everyone loves when she wears it. Except some of the frilly bits are freying

V- I got mine from big W, but have seen them at coles. I also got some happy baby food trays, it was 14$ for 3 trays, and they have lids on them. As someone said- sorry cant remember, make them up, freeze them in the tray then transfer to another container.
    I am planning on making Kaetlyns veges, as they are so simple and for $3 worth of sweetpotato you can make more than $3 worth of jar food. And it will be easier to mix and match, like, pick a cube of sweet pot, one of carrot, one of zuchini etc. I cant wait! I love cooking, so will see what I can come up with!
    I have a food steamer, so I can just put it all in and leave it, then come back and mash! Oh bring on 6 months... maybe i might start now so I have a stock pile???

Floss, I got one of those reuasble swimmer nappies from big W (okay yes I am addiceted to that store)! I think the idea is that it catches the poops, and let the wee's escape.

Hehehe we found a problem with them today though! We put Kaetlyn in her pool with her swim nappy on, and her all in one bathing suit, when she got out, we were inside and Aaron wanted to see what the nappy looked like, so he took of her bathers. The just let her stand on his chest and what'll you know? She pee'd on him!! It cam right through the nappy (out the sides) all over him I was in hysterics, cause she has never pee'd on me, but pee'd on him like 5 times now!! So to cut a long story short, the pee still escapes, as there is nothing to absorb it.

Well have a good night everyone and will chat in the morning!!

Sara, we have a Canon Powershot camera with lots of interesting little functions. With that one, you point it at a particular thing (in this case, it was the red) and it captures that colour and then when you take the photo, it leaves everything else in black and white. It's a great effect and I don't have to muck about with any programs afterward. I'm sure there would be other ways to do it with a program though. Good luck.
    LOL I know that feeling when you can't wait to try things! Go for it now and you might be able to hold yourself back from actually giving it to her. I was going to buy those trays too, but in the end I just put the ice tray inside a zip lock bag so the food doesn't get freezer nasties - like you, I couldn't wait and had to start cooking and freezing RIGHT THEN!
    Aahh Big W - is there any place better? Love it.
    PSML at the pee episode! Autie has only ever peed twice and it was on DH! Now, whenever he takes a nappy off to change, he puts down 'the line of defence' (a tissue over her tiny giny) until he gets the next one on.

Sacha, love the name Tiny Giny!! My little girl has just started calling hers bay bay???? Still trying to figure out why, but it is cute.

Bay bay?! Haven't heard that one before! So funny how they come up with their own names. My niece used to call hers tutu and no-one ever figured that out. I can't take credit for tiny giny - that's what SIL calls her daughter's and it's just caught on in our family. I will probably make sure I tell Autumn it's her vagina though, as well as whatever cute name she wants for it.

Sacha - Tom doesnt realsie his name is Tom either. He thinks it is Monkey Boy (from Daddy) or Rat Face (from me). We only realised the other day.

I am loving all the discussions on food and swim nappies! We are going on holidays in Jan to the beach and just purchased a rash vest and bottoms off Bump Baby and Beyond (Yay to who ever mentioned it on here. I love it). That will be fine for the beach but wanted something else for the pool.
    I gave Tom some food yesterday - just rice cereal - he looked at me like i was trying to poison him. Once he gets the hang of it, i will try him on other things. At the moment have just brought some jars of food - once we are in the new house i cant wait to start making my own stuff. It does work out so much cheaper. My MCHN said to treat the baby food in jars like take-away food for when you are out and about, and make your own stuff for a home. It is exciting being able to cook for someone - DH is such a sook about food - meat and potatoes, carrot and pumpkin if i am lucky! I love vegies and fruit so it will be nice to have someone to share with!

Better be off - i have something in my eye and it is killing! Going to try to take my contact lense out if i can keep my eye open long enough!

Hello all

I have been MIA as DH is home atm so we have been busy and Jesse has raked his hands across the keyboard of my lap top and has pulled a heaps of key pads off so it is making it very hard to type. It will be easily fixed but just means it takes about ten times as long to type!!

I have been trying to keep upwith everything but doing personals seems very daunting LOL!!

Sounds like everyone had a great Christmas and I have also joined the fisher price gang!! OMG the toys the kids were given is ridiculous. I said toDH that I want to moderate the amount from now on but I am not sure how to do that without offending people. Just before Christmas we made Oliver pick a few toys he no longer used (plus some we picked) and he took them to an outreach centre who were making up Christmas packs for underpriviledged kids so we will do that each year at Christmas time from now on and hopefully it teaches them that there are lots of people out there who dont have very much but they still got way too much.

Charlotte is going well. She started on solids theday before Christmas and is going OK with that- isnt loving it but isnt hating it either. She has started waking up once anight again andI have been giving her a quick feed in bed and then puttingher back in her cot and she goes back to sleep for the rest of the night. I do all of this in about ten minutes so its not like I am up for agesbut I would rather not be up at all LOL!! ALthough in saying that Jesse has been a bit of a blighter lately with his sleeping so I would probably be up anyway.

I prmise assoon as my keyboard is fixed I will do some personals.

V -your photos are beautiful - you look amazing

mel and sacha - love the names - tiny giny and bay bay -so cute!

Em and Flossie - i got a swimming nappy for charlotte off a girl on BB who sells them. Her username is Kimbaz I think but I will try and find the details for her website as I am really happy with the nappy as I just wash it out after each use and it is really cutee as well. I am pretty sure Mel got some as well so she might remember the website details.

Hi to everyone.
    Take care
    Jem
    Last edited by jemima; December 30th, 2007 at 02:18 PM.

Was just thinking about you today Jem. Glad all is well, how is your foot and Jesse's head going?
    And what a wonderful idea with the old toys. I might start to do the same.

Hi Mel

hows it going having Luke home? Have you got him working to make up for his time away LOL?

My foot is pretty good at the moment thanks for asking - still a bit swollen and bruised but pretty good and Jesses head is OK. He had the staples taken out last Thursday which didnt impress him very much and thankfully it is at the back of his head (cause it still looks a bit gross) so the scar wont be noticeable until he is an old man and going bald.

just a quicky as I am about to sit down to a yummy seafood platter of prawns, whiting and squid caught (the whiting and squid) and cooked by DH!! I have just added the latest photo of Charlotte into the BB gallery for anyone who is interested.
    Last edited by jemima; December 30th, 2007 at 07:10 PM.

Jem, I can't believe how much older she is looking. She is so adorable. And sitting up all on her own, how clever of her. Do you get sad at all at how quickly they seem to be growing up? I'm just starting to feel this way, knowing no more baby stage for us. I have a couple of friends who are pregnant at the moment, and I'm so jealous of there bellies. Oh well, bring on the next stage of life. Yummmm on the seafood platter.

Em! Rat Face?! Poor Tom will get a complex! But funny. I guess I have been lucky with Autie and solids, or else she was REALLY ready, because she has been happy to take it from day one, and will try anything. She even grabs the spoon to take it to her mouth herself. Even when she wasn't really keen on sweet things or zucchini, she kept trying them mixed with a bit of cereal until she liked them. She probably gets a love of food from her mum - hope she doesn't get her thighs...

Jem, sorry to hear your laptop is unwell. My DH loves to fish but always goes after the 'big ones' (which he rarely gets) - I've been asking for ages for him to get some squid jigs as it's my favourite...mmmm, salt and pepper squid... Very cute pic of Charlotte

I know what you're saying about pregnancy jealousy Mel. My SIL is pregnant again (my niece is one) and it's got me thinking about getting another one in before I'm too old. But being with Autie full time is so much fun - I'm torn!

My happy monkey has been not so happy for a couple of days - not settling well for sleeps etc, I wonder if her toofy pegs are causing havoc under the gums - just when she was doing so well at getting to sleep on her own

For those who were interested, I put some photos of Autie's numerous Christmas outfits in the gallery. Excuse the morning bed hair lol

Sacha, she is such a cutie, and all that hair wow!! My 19 month old daughter has less, but she was baldy baby until until a few months ago lol!! She is such a sweety.
    And I reckon if you feel up to it, your never to old to have a baby, well to a realistic point anyway, don't really agree with 50-60 year old women having babies, that's a little excessive in my books, but each to their own. You'll know when the time is right, I can't wait for one of you to fall pregnant again, I love, and I mean absolutely love all the excitement that comes along with pregnancy and babies, hence the doula training. But that is more for being there for support. Have you been discussing with DH about trying for another one yet?

Speaking of which, Jessikah if you are still reading here lately, I hope your feeling better hun, I think of you and your babies, and send you many hugs xxx

What is everyone up to tonight? V, how is the preps going for the ****tail party?

Hi all,

Well I got the swimmers and they were so cute, buy Livvie didn't like the water very much. We were at Emerald Lake and there were lots of kids in there splashing around and she cried. She was only in there for a about 10 mins with DH. She looked so cute in her rashy though hehehe

Its SO hot today - 43!!! Not looking forward to tonight, but having a casual one. Just going to a friends house and they have evap cooling but their house doesn't get much of the sun which is good. I am having a sober one - but V your ****tail party sounds like fun I want to see some photos when you get a chance

I am going to give Olivia some more food at 11. I will break up her bottle to see if that works a bit better so giver her bottle - food - bottle. I can't believe she is 6 months next Monday!!!

We are going to NZ in 2 1/2 weeks - I don't know what sort of things I need to take. Is there any special travel accessories that are good and worth buying?

Hi to everyone and a big HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Sacha - Autie is just adorable and her hair is just soooo cute!! Your camera work is pretty specky as well!!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast