Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #16

Thanks Sacha - we think he's a bit of a spunkrat, but then DP & I are extremely biased. Which is just as well, cos if the parents aren't on side then what chance does a kid have If you want to check him out more I've just added some more pics to his totsites page.

OKay so I am back, Dh and Kaetlyn were in the kitchen, she was in her walker, was licking the bin. . The way he was behaving I thought she had fallen over or something!!!!
    Jan, I checked out Liam. He is a real cutie! He is going to be a heart throb when he gets older. He has the most gorgeous eyes.

Anyhows must be off, have an early start tomorrow- I have mothers group tomorrow morning at 10.30 . Which means, I have to be up, dressed and ready to leave at mmmm 10.25!!!

Night Night all!

Hi all,

Nicki, let us know how you go with the Doc, I hope it's nothing serious.

raels Xavier would prefer to sit too, except he can't hold himself up yet. But is getting better at being on his tummy. I hope your df succeeds in quiting smoking. It's a nasty little habit, good one to break. Good to have the incentive of the boat too. I saw that catalogue too. It looks like Big W has really steped up their baby stiff up a knotch they even have bumbi's!! but I can't afford one.

happy birthday for the other day em, bugger about the job, but have you looked into see if that is legal?? and what about any annual leave and long service leave that you might have accrued, where you at least paid out? I would have thought that the new owners would have little choice but to give you a job. At the very least someone owes you some money like a redundancie. I would seriously look into it, phone work choices maybe? I know that maternity leave is covered by the sexual discrimination act so someone is in breach of that.

Sara you don't have to go back early. Let your replacement have a holiday.

Megan, I understand what your saying about work, and I considered it all. But I am enjoying being back and it's nice to know that I can be me and my little man is being well looked after still.

danielle, welcome to the P & T revolution!! they are everywhere now. I love ours and could not have been happier with the choice. What colour did you get?

Jess, how cute at ethan waveing. My mum was saying hello to xavier the other day and he started going making he he noises back at her like he was copying. Very cute when they start doing these things. I just used a vegie peeler on our apricots.

Sasha, I'm thinking about doing a course when we go for #2, as I probably wont go back to work for a while after that one, $$ dependant, but will need to have something behind me iykwim. What brand feeder did you get, I got the sassy brand one and it comes apart and has replacement netting, it's very easy to clean. I probably would hold off on putting frozens in them until bubs are a little bit older, I did this for xavier 'cause I thought the cool would be good for his gums. He loved it and went really hard at it and I think he got a rain freeze and scremed.

Yogurt and cheese, although they can have these before 12 months I don't think there is any rush in introducing them. Mums milk and formula should both have the calcium required for growing bubbas. There is calcium found in other foods, especially leafy greens. I know yogurt will be one of the last things I introduce.

well, I hope you guys are all getting sleep because it seems that we no longer need sleep during the night. Xavier has been waking heaps and I am exhausted. Not 100% sure why, so I've altered what he is having for tea. tonight he had a potato, zuchini, farex and ebm mix in the hope that it fills him up and he doesn't wake upat at 12.30 2.30 4.30 and 6.30. I've even picked up a cold because I'm so run down. Arrgh the perils of a working mum.

It sounds like some of you have to seriously consider going back to work in the next few months. I hope time slows right down for you because my last few weeks just dissapeared before I knew it. I do miss xavier, I do miss being home and being able to catch up with nana naps, what I don't miss is being exhausted yet not doing anything. Having someone else deal with a clingy bub while you interact with adults, and make money while you do it is really helpfull. I'm starting to wonder how I will cope when we want to have #2 and I won't be able to afford to have xavier in care to give me a rest.

night all

Hi everyone,
    Sorry I have been MIA lately, I have just been so busy. DH left on the weekend, and I have been busy with the kids (poor little Jack has a cold), study, and prepartions for my first meeting with a client. I have lurking just haven't had all that much spare time to post.
    Hope everyone is well.
    I agree with the other girls, Liam is going to break way to many hearts when he is older.
    Jack is eating so well. So different to Charlize, she is such a fussy eater. And he will eat pretty much anything. Which is good. I now have about 12 different foods frozen for him. He has started of proteins, and loves them too.

I hope all goes well tomorrow with my meeting.

Happy Valentines day tomorrow to all you lovely ladies out there. I got lovely roses before DH left with a very lovely card. It brought tears to my eyes. I know we have our times, but we truely love each other so much. I guess all marriages go through though times, I just have to learn to not take everything to heart. It's always been a problem for me.

Anyway, must get back to it.

Be lurking around, and until next time, wma!!!!!

Hi ladies

I never made it back lastnight i was watching TV and the last thing i remember was the end of all saints and the next thing i know it was 3am and i was a little uncomfy after falling asleep upright in the couch

Jan- Thanks for the tip on the apricots, i will try baking next time as they are a little sour but i dont want to add sugar, Ethan ate them alright with his cereal for breakky though. I agree with the others too Liam is a little spunk! As parents we are allowed to be biased lol when people tell me etha is cute i say I know or like me lol.

Raels- How exciting enjoy your shopping spree tomorrow, i wish we had Big W here, the closest one is 3.5hrs away!

Sacha- When we get around to getting doing a secret garden type thing i would like to have like 2 big weeping willow tree's with there branches tied back like curtains and then behind them lots of colourful flowers, soft lawn, fairy lights, lots of little statues, a bird bath and maybe like a stream type pond with that clear shatterproof perspex/glass across it so ethan wont fall in! High dreams there though lol it will be a long while before it happens!

Megan- I hear you on the squealing!! Ethans doing it too, im suprised they dont lose there voices!

Tracey- HI! I bet your busy! Hows your gorgeous children going?

Sara- Lol @ kaetlyn licking the bin! The things our children do! I spilt a bag of dog biscuits today and as i was trying to pick them up ethan was trying to eat them lol

Bec- You poor thing, i hope you get over your flu soon. I also hope xavier starts sleeping better again real soon for you.

Mel- Hi, i was wondering how you were going. Hope Jack gets over his flu quickly. How lovely of your DH to give you some roses. Goodluck with your meeting tomorrow, im sure it will all go well! Cant wait to hear how it went.

Well i really haven't had the best day today To start my morning off when i went to get ethan out of bed i just stood there with my mouth hanging open in shock as he turned his head and smiled at me....he was covered in POO!! his nappy was at one end of the cot he was at the other, it was all over his legs, arms, body, face, in his hair and ears!! i wrapped him in his sheet and it was straight in the bath for ethan, oh the smell i was dry reaching lol i can laugh about it now though He has been pulling at the tabs on his nappy for days now so no more sleeping in just a nappy, jammie pants from now on! When i told my mum she just laughed and said he takes after his mum

The rest of the day this might sound silly but for the last few days i have just been feeling really lonely, I dont have any friends to talk to or catch up with for coffee or just a visit, and im really missing adult company, ethan is so independant now and really just entertains himself. To add to that Dh is away, and i know valentines day is just another day, but dh has been away for the last 3 valentines day's, my last 4 birthdays and so far hasn't been home for none of our wedding anniversaries, He didnt even get me a card for christmas from him and ethan! When he is home he's never around home much though as he always has "things" to do Oh how sad do i sound lol but i really feel like i live on a desserted island atm!

Any way i must go hope you all have a lovely valentines day tomorrow sorry for the whinge.

Smile

Hi All!

My DS just woke up in the middle of the night for the first time in a very long time!

Emma ~ Happy Birthday for the other day! Thanks also for the comment on the new FB pics. Thought I?d better change the profile one finally as it was about 3 years old and way before I was a mummy! My mum is looking after Lucas for the two days I work, bless her. LOL about Tom, your bra and DH?s thoughts about it all BTW!

Sara ~ I?m glad you have paintshop pro because I love Kaetlyn?s pictures. She is an absolute cutie. Her sweet little face has always melted my heart! I think I will make Lucas? foods up half mash now, as we went on holidays to a cabin recently and everything was rough and ready but it went down fine. When do you have to make a decision about work? Cherish all the time that you have.

Nicky ~ How is Lachlan? Is he constipated? This can cause blood in the stool. Also I wonder the same thing about Lucas? eating/activity as he is constantly on the move. Even now when he woke up he was crying, eyes closed, thumb in mouth, both legs in air, playing with one foot. Now that has to be burning some calories!

Jan ~ Liam sure is a handsome little boy! Who does he take after? My DS looks like my side of the family and people always comment on how much he looks like me.

Sarsie ~ Welcome to the thread!
    Rebecca ~ How is work and your gorgeous little man? Are you expressing at work?
    Mel ~ That?s great news about Charlize and her big weight gain.
    Jess ~ Sounds like your little man is getting along in leaps and bounds. What a champ. Hope you are all settled in soon.
    Zofia ~ You are so creative, love the painting!
    Raels ~ I saw osh kosh at big w yesterday too. I plan to shop up big myself this weekend when DF is home. Lucas hates shopping with me he gets bored of it really quickly!

Love to all the other mums and bubs.

I should attempt to go back to bed!

Enchanted Guest

Good morning everyone!

Wow.. everyone has been very chatty!! Sorry I haven't been back in a few days but things have been crazy! Oscar has started going to bed earlier thank god!! The past 3 nights he has gone to bed no later than 9.30 No other real news here though I don't think.

Bec- We got the black & charcoal, I did also like the red though! We went for a walk yesterday and it was amazing to walk with!!

I don't have time for personals once again as we have MG this morning and have a few other things to do! I haven't stopped all this week! I promise I will BBL for personals!

Have a great day you gorgeous mummies and bubbas!

For those of you interested. Lach is good. The blood is a small tear, that the doc says may take some time to heal. He doesn't think it's much to worry about.
    He also has eczema on his chest and back, but it's not due to allergies thank goodness. SO I just cant use soap and have to moisturise his skin at every nappy change.

Rebecca - Sorry to hear about the sleep issues. Lach only wakes noce in a 12 hour period now. I am loving it.

AMM- I am going to give lach more water more often, like some crushed ice in his fresh food feeder. Apparently it can take quite a while for the tear to fix itself.

Well, last night, we reached a big milestone. Lah now sits unassised!!! YAY!!!! I was in tears of joy lat night. I was so excited, I had to call the family.

Anyway, im off

Nicky

Megan76 Guest

Hi! Just a quick question, i was wondering how everyone is going with the milk/food first or second thing. Today i thought i'd try food then milk at lunch at my MHN had said to do food before milk from 6 months, but then Lucas only drank 100ml from his bottle and when i do it the other way he has at least 160ml. By the time he got to milk time he was too tired and when he is overtired he wont drink well. Not sure if i whould go back the other way or maybe give him his bottle after his sleep....hmm so confused cos i keep hearing different opinions on what should go first and what is more important. Is anyone down to just 3 feeds a day?

Hey everyone,

Well today didn't turn out as I planned! So much for my big shopping spree. I woke up this morning with a sore throat and body aches. I still went up to the shops because I had to pay some bills but no Big W. Oh well, the sale is on for another 2 weeks so I'm sure I'll get there one day. I did manage to buy some very sexy lingere from Bras n Things but with the way I feel at the moment I probably won't even get to wear it. Might have to celebrate Valentines Day on the weekend. LOL sorry TMI!!!

Megan - I still give milk first but because Oliver is breastfed he tends to have another little drink after his solids anyway. I would still be giving Lucas his formula first at this stage.

Nicky - glad to hear Lach is ok. Can I ask what moisturiser you are using on his skin?

Danni - that's great Oscar is going to bed earlier for you. Oliver has always gone to be at 7:30/8 but the last few nights it seems he has been finding his second wind and wants to play when it comes to bedtime!!

Jess - your secret garden sounds amazing! I'm really sorry that you are feeling lonely. Please don't apologise either and it doesn't sound silly at all! These are your feelings so you should never have to be sorry for them. I probably haven't been keeping up very well, but you have just moved haven't you? Are you living far from town? If you have msn you can add me if you like. I don't really have a lot of friends where I am living and no family. I've met a few girls on here recently from my area and am starting up a playgroup soon with them. Is is possible for you to do something like this? Oh and BTW I hope you got a photo of your little man this morning!!! What a way to wake up hey?

Rebecca - I hope Xavier starts sleeping better soon and that your cold gets better. I am definietly rethinking the whole yoghurt thing. I have been googling heaps and have found so many different opinions on when to introduce it. I'm not giving it to Oliver anymore as he just throws it up. Will wait a month or even two and see how he goes then.

Mel - Hi, hope the studies are going well. How did your meeting go today?

Sara - lol at Kaetlyn licking the bin! When I read that it reminded me of when my nephew, who is now 9, was a toddler he used to lick everything!! He would walk past a shop - especially the butchers - and lick the window!! Instead of a kiss on the cheek when you saw him, you would get a big lick up the side of your face! It was hilarious, for everyone but his mum!!

Well I think I might go and have some panadol lie down in front of the tv until it's time to do the school run.

Raels and Oliver. xo

Hi all

just a quicky from me! Happy Valentines Day!! DH is away so no romance for me!!

Nicky - great news that Lach is sitting - YAY!!

Megan - I give Charlotte boobie about an hour or so before I feed her food - dont know if this is the way it it is meant to be done but it works for us> Do whatever works I reckon!!

Mel - yay for Jack being such a great eater. It is wonderful when meal times arent a battle!!

Bec - hope you are having a good week at work. You sound like super mum!! Only 6 weeks until I go back and I am really looking forwrd to it - 5 days a fortnight will work really well for us I think.

Jan - Liam is adorable - funny thing happened when I was looking at his totsite website - our computer jammed on the picture of you and him and I couldnt get it to close so I had you and Liam on the computer for quite some time LOL!!

I am desperate to go to the Big W sale today but DH is away and I dont know if I am brave enough to take all three children - could be rather stressful I think but in saying that I so want to go!! Hhmmmmm - decisions decision!

Hello everyone else - I will go and have a proper read and BBL to say hi again.
    take care
    Jem

Good afternoon ladies

Hope your all having a lovely valentines day. After my sad moment about Dh being away again for valentines day my mum turned up with a huge bunch of flowers from Dh and i just looked and cried lol they are beautiful and i thought he had forgot

Well i cant say i have been bored today, lastnight my dogs kept barking and i spent half the night out there trying to shut them up, any way as we have seen 2 snakes in the yard already i figured they had found one and was terrified they would get bitten but had to just leave it and go to bed as i was not about to go trekking up the yard at 1am in the dark! This morning they were no longer under the tree that they were lastnight but were running in and out of the little shed that used to have chooks in it so i got my dad to come around and check it out and well my heart broke when i saw a little kitten curled up in a terrified ball in the corner!! Thankfully it was out of reach of the dogs, any way i tried to get the dogs away so i could get it down but the silly thing jumped down and the dogs thought it was fun, well i had to restrain them one being a doberman which it may sound cruel, but i was pretty much laying on her and i had the other one around the waist and told the cat to run lol then the dogs got lose and they tried to get the cat and the kitten was attacking the dogs eventually i held the dogs down again and the cat went through the fence!! I had to put the sprinkler on at the gate where the dogs were trying to break through to go after the cat and when i jumped out of the garden bed i landed straight on to a piece of glass and cut my foot open Now i have a very achy knee, gravel grazes all up my arms, legs and back and 4 stitches in my foot lol I think i must have looked hilarious wrestling with the dogs though Best thing is the kitten is OK! Probably scared and hungry but it had a collar on so hopefully it went home for a feed. I laughed heaps with my dad once the cat was safe!

Megan- I give Ethan food first as he will then lay down and drink 260mls, he wont drink it before a feed. He is still having 4-5bottles a day which is the reccommended amount on his formula, he has a little bit of juice and water too. Just do whatever works best for you both. Its so confusing sometimes isn't it.

Nicky- Glad to hear lachlan is good and its not allergies. Hope the tear heals quickly for him. and YAY for lachlan sitting on his own, clever man!! Ethan is not sitting yet.

AMM- Oh i hope you managed to get back to sleep ok. Glad to hear things are well with you.

Ok ladies BBL ethans awake

Was always told, Milk before food as milk is bubs main source of energy up until 12 months.
    The only reason they really have solids is to get used to them.... not for any huge nutritional value
    We are down to 4 milk feeds a day, but really can go up to 6.... depends on the weather

ETA: The cream I am using to moisturise Lach, is ALpha Kerri lotion. It's a white bottle with a purple lid and u can get it at the chemist.. no need for a script.
    I also got alpha herri bath oil. Strictly no soap to be used... DR's orders.
    Last edited by ~*Niadalla*~; February 14th, 2008 at 03:40 PM.

Hi all

LOL at the bin licking Sara. They always find the worst things to explore!

Hope you're feeling better Bec. I bought the tommee tippee feeder when they first came out but i did see that sassy had one with extra nets. Doesn't matter now anyway as Autie is good with finger foods.

Great news on the bedtime Danni.

Nicky, poor Lachlan Hopefully it will not take long to repair. Congrats on the sitting! Autie has eczema on her arms and legs. I have tried many things but I always try and make sure nothing has soap or petroleum based products in it. The Pinetarsol is great for relieving itch, and I have just bought some Calendular Plus which is supposed to be excellent. You can google it if you're interested.

Megan, I always try bf first but Autie nearly always feeds after her solids too if she is going down for a nap.

Raels, hope you are feeling better after a lie down. I did manage to get to Big W today and ended up spending $85! (so bad) I was going to layby but the line was right down the aisle and only one person serving (so frustrating) so I put it on the credit card instead (so,so bad) The best things I got weren't even in the catalogue - a pair of black tracky pants and denim look stretchy pants with flowers which are both great because all Autie's pale coloured longies were getting very dirty at the knees!

No romance for me today either Jem - I think it's therefore justified that I spent so much shopping...

Wow what an eventful time you've been having Jess! Glad you managed to save the kitten. how are your dogs with Ethan? And how nice for you to get flowers - awwww. Hope you are feeling a little bit more sunshiney and know that you can always have a grizzle with us.

Played Autie a short little video DH made for her on the camera and she sat with an open mouth smile through the whole thing, then did excited arms and legs when it finished. She does love her daddy so.

That's all, except man I wish I could afford the quicksmart stroller in the Big W catalogue! So funky.

Megan76 Guest

Just got back from Big W, one word, SHAMBLES!

I also ended up braving Big W and my shopping expedition was a shambles too!! For starters I had to take all three children - big mistake but no way around it - I was armed with bribes (for Oliver and Jesse) but even this didnt prove enough to get through the experience.

It was sooooo busy and I kind of did a quick run around and just randomly grabbed things but the most annoying thing ever it that I wasnt thinking straight and all of the bonds things I grabbed were in size 0 - which wouldnt be a problem if she was going to wear them now but they were all winter things so size one is what she will need I think - so to cut a long story short I have to go back again and exchange all of the bonds things from a size 0 to a size 1.

Charlotte is now 8.15 kg so do you all think that size one would be the best for winter - I think size 0 will fit but will be a bit tight come winter time.

I know I am rambling but gee wizz I am annoyed at having to go back again and chances are they probably wont have the size I want anyway. GGRRRRR!!
    Ahhhh - the more I think about it the more annoyed I am getting at myself LOL!!!

Take care
    Jem
    Last edited by jemima; February 14th, 2008 at 07:07 PM. Reason: added an extra bit

Hi girls! Not feeling the best tonight - darling Tom has decided to share his cold with me, thanks very much son. Its the first time i have been sick since having him and all i want to do is lay down and sleep, sleep, sleep. Gone are the days where i could just curl up under the doona and spend the day in bed!

Jess - your adventure with the dogs and the kitten sounds hilarious. Pity no-one had a video camera - you could of made a fortune on Funniest Home Videos. You are a lucky duck getting flowers. I got a text msg! Guess i should be grateful for that. I was reading your previous post about feeling lonely - i definiately understand how you feel. My only family around here is my sister and as great as she is, she works full time with 2 kids so we dont get a lot of time together. My other sisters live in the city and my parents live 3 hours away - and they have foster children so even when i see them, there is never really anytime to catch up. Someone started a really good thread in the Baby & Toddler section about ways to keep yourself entertained as a SAHM and there is some really good ideas on there.

Megan - we are still doing the milk before food. Like Nicky said, i think the milk is more inportant at this stage. But it is so confusing isn't it? Everyone has something different to say - there should be ONE book, One thing the MCHN is allowed to tell you. I have seen a few different ones and i swear they all say something different everytime. We have actually just gone back up to 5 bottles a day, strangely enough. He was on 4 but is waking for a 5th a night. I am lucky if he drink 150ml at a time though , so i think he is making up for it with the 5th bottle. Did you get anything at Big W?

Jan - i had a look at your totsite. Liam is gorgeous!! Why is it that the boys always get those lovely long eyelashes and us girls have to spend a fortune on mascara and eyelash curlers!!

Thanks everyone for the advice on yoghurt. i havent tried it yet but i was looking at the baby ones in the supermarket yesterday. When i was b/f Tom always seemed to get a bit unsettled if i had eaten a lot of dairy so i think he might be fairly sensitive to it and i didnt want to go out and buy the little baby ones if i can use a yoghurt i can eat myself. If it doesnt agree with him, i didnt fancy have to eat 5 little Pettit Miams myself! And its all flavoured and i would just prefer to add my own fruit - i have a freezer full anyway.

In regards to my job, I am still not sure what i am going to do - if i want to take it any further. I am still feeling a bit hurt over the whole thing - having worked there for 11 years and sort of always gone above and beyond, that kind of thing. It is a family owned small business, so not sure whether I would get too far if I tried to do something about it. I don't have any holidays or long service owing as i took holidays owing at the start of my pregnancy - so sick couldnt get out of bed for 6 weeks and I took my long service leave at the start of my maternity leave. I guess the good thing is we live in a fairly small town so i know alot of people from the businesses around here and can ask around and see if anything is available. Just not sure that anyone will only want someone 1 or 2 days a week. My old work did call and offer me Saturdays knowing full well that childcare is not available on weekends, I don't have family that can babysit and DH either works or plays sport. Grrr!

I know there is many more personals that i haven't done but I am really tired so going to clean up and go to bed. Night all and hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day

Jem - just read your post - i always find the Bonds stuff a little bit on the smaller size sometimes so maybe go a 1? Sorry, that's probably not what you wanted to hear, now you will have to go back. Wouldn't it be nice to have a personal assistant to do all that!
    Last edited by mrscricket; February 14th, 2008 at 07:14 PM.

Hi ladies

Lol i will join the no romance club too!!

Jem- Oh you poor thing how annoying! I cant help you on the sizes really cause i have no idea how much ethan weighs! But Ethan is wearing some Os now but by winter i think the 0 size bonds wondersuits wont fit him, but the other bonds one will probably fit him in a 0 (the one with the teddy on)! So hard to plan ahead hey you never know when they will have another growthspurt! And good on you for braving the shops on your own with 3 children, pity it didnt run smoother for you.

Sacha- I am just slowly introducing ethan to the dogs now as i was too scared after all the stories about the dogs attacking those poor bubba's, but they are ok so far, i think i will always be weary though as i think its best if i stay alert iykwim. Today after the cat incident i took ethan out for awhile but they were to excited, usually they have a bit of a sniff then go away and ignore him, today they kept sticking there big noses in the pram and bugging him so i took him in. I have only taken him out in the pram though as i would rather my hands be free. I forgot to say the other day re child supervision, i have worked with children for the last few years, so supervisin is a biggy for me too, once ethans old enough to understand safe play and stuff i think it will be easier to let them out of our sight for a bit. How cute with Autie watching a video of her daddy, she's such a precious little gem, great idea too by the way.

I have had a calmer afternoon, relaxed in a nice bath when ethan had a sleep cause after the cat episode i felt like i had run a marathon!! The dogs were very well behaved, they realise they were a bit naughty i think lol. Ethan has been a grumpy bubba though but i think he's teething again, i really hope his toothy pegs dont give him grief for much longer! Ok im off for now, might pop back later. BYE!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast