Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #9

Enchanted Guest

Hey everyone!

I have been lurking but don't really have time for personals at lot of the time!

Megan- Where abouts do you live?!? I am kind of near Torquay

Well things in our camp have been up and down latley... I seem to be losing my milk supply despite trying everything I can Anyway, if it happens it happens but I am really trying to keep it going and build it up!!!!!

I put Oscar in his jolly jumper yesterday and he LOVED it! It was sooo gorgeous.... he was giggling because he was having fun and I think that is just beautiful!

I will try and come back later! Hope everyone else is well and all the best to those TTC

Shmea, you asked about sleep schools, I dont actually know of any, but ask/call your MCHN, or I think in the Blue baby books it has a list of numbers in there that could help you, or the Royal Childrens Hosp could probably put you on to someone/where!???

Raels, I get about 200ml each time I express, it's a good amount, I just freeze it!

Um if bubs is sleeping the 11 hours & not waking fora feed then it means your supply will settle down to not making that feed as bubs isnt requiring it (IYKWIM), your breasts make the amount of milk that bubs needs/wants so they wont make less for the other feeds as such, just not make as much overnight for the feed he now isnt waking for... I hope that made sense, but if you express it, then you will continue to make some!

We are all great here, Zy's just so happy & although he has been waking at like 4am, he feeds & goes straight back down, so I dont mind if he wants it, he can have it... I am still getting plenty of sleep..

Hope everyone si well!

Happy Sunday everyone

Jem Ė you poor chook, 2 hours sleep just sucks. Iím sure your friend will understand if you need to reschedule, especially if she has kids herself.

Raels Ė woo hoo for the 11 hours sleep, hopefully there are many more. Iím pretty sure that once they do start sleeping through the night regularly your milk production regulates itself accordingly, which is a good thing, because itís so uncomfortable when youíre exploding, not to mention messy if youíre a leaker like me.

V Ė sorry to hear youíre under the weather a bit. I know that youíre trying really hard to get into shape for your wedding, but have you been overdoing things a bit? As a BF mum, you need to make sure youíre getting enough kilojoules from the right sort of foods (ie veggies, fruit) to keep yourself in health, plus itís good for Avaleigh, cos she gets the benefits too.

Megan Ė trialling a pram seems like a good option, better than buying one only to find that Lucas still doesnít like it. But hopefully you will find something that heís happy with, either that or he will grow into liking what youíve got really soon.

Sacha Ė yay for being looked after by your mum a bit. Isnít it fantastic when someone else cooks dinner for you! LOL at your horror photos, I give you much sympathy, because I donít have a single photo from hospital that I can show, as I look like a complete spaced out druggie, all puffed up & with enormous bags under my eyes.

Zofia Ė you looked gorgeous on your wedding day, so glad that it went well for you, even if Diana did have a moment..

Nicky Ė hope youíre enjoying your anniversary weekend, and OMG for still having a stitch. Good to hear that the BF has improved for you.

Jessikah Ė Bummer on getting the flu. The house stuff sounds exciting though, I hope that you get it.

Well, all is good on my side of the fence today. Liam is getting too long for his bassinette, so itís time to migrate to the cot. I have my SIL coming over to show me how she does the blankets as she does them really well so I want to copy her method. I canít use a sleeping bag yet, because Liam still wants to be wrapped. Anyway, I put the waterproof lining & the sheet on, then we put Liam in for a little photo shoot, this being his 1st time in the cot and he was so excited by it all. He also got to meet his new teddy bear which was a great hit Ė straight into the mouth. All the time kicking his legs & making as much noise as he could, really funny.

Quick question Ė Pat tried to give Liam some EBM yesterday, but heís completely rejecting drinking out of a bottle. Does anyone have any tips on how I can encourage him to drink (Liam that is), as Iíd like to start offering him water now that itís warming up?

Jan, let Pat try to feed him, coz if you do he will smell your milk & know your his usual restaurant!!!

So perhaps if you go outside or wherever & let Pat try for a while... Eventually he maytake it, although in saying that Babies get fluid from your breasts/breastmilk & dont as a rule NEED extra water in a bottle in hot weather!
    Zyon never had any in Bali, unless it was to mix in his Gaviscon!?

Hi everyone

I feel like I haven't been around for ages, although it's only probably been a few days...

I am planning to do a propert write-up and post some more photos of the wedding soon.

Diana had her first outing to the beach yesterday, but I don't think she liked it very much. Too cold and windy... She got to dip her feet in the sea for the first time though, so that's kind of cool.

Hi to everyone. Hope you had a good weekend.

Morning!

I'm jumping on for a quick few minutes while Autumn has a nap before second breakfast. DH comes home tomorrow and I really should be tidying up a little, but you know how it is, I"m the queen of procrastination.

TOJ - Hope you kicked that bug before it took hold too badly and are feeling better today. Any news on the new house front?

Megan - Great idea to try before you buy - let us know how you go.

Jem - How did your friend go with the raincheck? I had a friend from interstate visit the other evening and spent most of the time either feeding Autumn or in and out of the bedroom putting her back to sleep - luckily she (the friend) is very easy going and not high maintenance.

Raels - first solids - how exciting for you both! Still can't bring myself to try it just yet. How cute that they are playing together already

Dani - Good luck with BF. It's great that you're going to keep trying.

Tracey - I can only laugh at myself when I hear you get 200ml at each express - I'm lucky to 40!

V - I wonder the same as Jan - are you looking after yourself properly? You will look gorgeous no matter what so try not to put too much pressure on yourself.

Jan - how did Liam go with the move to his cot? And with the bottle? Trying different teats can help, as can making sure the flow is not too fast (ie - getting the right teat for the stage) You could try having him half reclined facing you (or Pat would be better) and aim the teat toward the roof of his mouth. Also, it's possible to be too gentle as weird as it sounds, you may need to push it in a little more firmly at first so that his lips reach the wider part of the teat. Good luck!

Zofia - 'firsts' are so much fun - even if Diana was a little hesitant! I can't wait to get Autumn to the beach - she has the cutest little wetsuit to wear when we eventually get round to it!

Speaking of beaches etc., does anyone take their baby boating ? We love to fish and boat but I'm too nervous to take Autumn in it yet.

MORNING!!! Although it's almost arvo!! I;m sposed to be cleaning ironing@! Better get going as I am heading out in... Crap 1hour & I;m not neraly ready!!!!!

Hi there everyone!
    Wow this thread is moving!
    We had a great night saturday night. It was so good to go out just me and DP.
    We drank a bottle of wine with dinner ( lol), had the works, and then went out for a little bit, and caught up with friends.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I havent had the chance to read posts yet. Will pop back later and do it. I'm heading out to Dp's parents, adn possibly into town, to get som material to make curtains. OMG if you knew me IRL, you would laugh and possibly freak out, about how domesticated I have become since moving out of town and becoming a mum!
    lol

Have a great day all

Nicky

Hi everyone,

Well, for the second night in a row Oliver has slept 11 hours. It's great....I'm loving the sleep that I'm getting. Although I still wake up every few hours though, which is fine. I usually get up and check him, have a little look at my gorgeous bub.

Tracey - wow 200 mls every time!!! I did it again this morning and I'm going to freeze it like you do. But I'm pretty sure I only get this much because of Oliver sleeping so long. You must have plenty of milk to get 200 each express. How often do you pump?

Sacha - we love fishing and boating too, but I'm with you, I'm a bit nervous. We did take him fishing a couple of months ago and he slept in his pram for the whole three hours that we were there. Can't say that I would take him on a boat yet though. We don't own one yet, we usually just hire, and I wouldn't take a baby on one of those. Depends on what sort of boat you have though.

Hi ladies

Hope you all enjoyed your weekends.

Well ethan has been an angel at night time...he slept 8 hours last night and 11 hours the night before!! YAY!! best thing was after a prod and poke and promise that i would let DH spend some quality with his PS2 he got up and gave ethan his first feed and let me go back to sleep for a little while. Unfortunately i didn't have the best sleep last night though, as i kept waking up coughing and sneezing and was really congested and feverish, so feeling a little under the weather atm.

Megan- Hows things going with the pram? We will be up for a new pram as when we got this one we didnt even think about a toddler seat, and this one cant have one attached! I like it although it is a bid wide!

Veronica- Glad the wedding plans are running smoothly. Please make sure you get some rest in though, so you dont end up sick. As some one else said you will look gorgeous on the day no matter what. take care hun.

Jem- Yucky..2hrs sleep you poor thing! How did things go with you friend? Glad you enjoyed your night out.

Raels- Yay for oliver sleeping so well, its great to get a good nights sleep. He must have loved the rice cereal! Has he had any more? Ethan is the same with his solids.

Oshani- Hope your milk supply builds back up in no time. Glad oscar loved his jolly jumper!

Tracey- Glad Zyon is happy and going well. Good luck with the cleaning. Hope you managed to be ready on time to go out!

Janno- Goodluck with the transition from bassinette to cot! How cute liam's little photo shoot sounds Hows liam going with the bottle feed?

Zofia- Its great taking them places for the first time. Im sure with time Diana will get used to it. We live a long way from the beach so im not sure when ethan will have his first visit.

Sacha- Unfortunately i didn't kick the bug before it took hold, its settled in now just hoping not for too long. As for the house thing, we have an appointment with a financial advisor this afternoon and if all goes well, we will put an offer on this afternoon. Trying not to get too excited! Good luck with tidying up before DH gets home. My DH leaves tomorrow, so then i have to tidy up, LOL!!

Nicky- Glad you and DP had a nice night out! Good on you for making your own curtains. I wish i was a little more domesticated lol.

Okay well i must go as we are going to take a walk to the shops, and have lunch before heading to our appointment with the financial guy. Fingers crossed all goes well and we can put an offer up today.

BBL. have a nice day ladies.

Hi all,

MrsDaisy, I started my Christmas shopping in june this year when myer ad big sales

Sara, Lol I bought Xavier some dunlop volleys last week because we have sil wedding this weekend coming and well I needed shoes for him.

Megan, no point in having a pram if your not going to use it, so get one you will use. Xavier was getting cranky about 2 weeks ago now because he was still laying down so I have sat him up now and so far so good. I think he was sick of the view.

Shmea, I think most of the major birthing hospitals will have some sort of affiliation with a sleep school, perhaps talk to your MCHN as they can usually refer you.

Nicki, woo hoo, 9 hours

Sacha, I know what you mean abut putting to sleep in a strange place. I haven't been to visit my dad in ballarat much for the same reason, although I love the way your mum cooks, can someone cook for me too?

Jessikah, nice house find, it will be great to be so close to everything. I never even dreamed that me fracturing my pelvis at 16 would have an impact on having babies. I don't personally see why it would I mean the bone gets stronger where it heals and it's the ligaments that do all the work when bubs is pushing out.

V glad to hear the wedding plans are going so well. You sound very busy, which I'm sure you are loving, what are you going to do with yourself once you have nothing left to do finally rest??

Raels, wow great sleep after some food, sounded like he needed it. Your supply will adjust slowly to the change so long as you only express for comfort reasons and don't empty (unless you want to maintain that supply and get up in the wee hours of the morning all the time. If i'm really full I can get 100-150 ml from each side.

Jan, ditto on what tracey said for the feeding ebm. I did notice when nathan was warming a bottle he put the top on using man strength which is too tight and makes it too hard for bubs, so bubs will appear all fussy and if he does drink will get a fair bit of wind

Ok well gotta go, expecting mr to wake soon, he's slept heaps today!!

woke at 6.30am, back in bed at 8am, then awake at 10am back to sleep at 11 am awake at 12pm asleep again at 12.45 pm and he's just starting to stir a little it's 2.30pm. I'm expecting no more sleep for the day though.
    For anyone who is interested you can find me on facebook too, under Rebecca Emerson. still working it all out though.

Hi,

Have updated some photos into the gallery now there are some ranging from birth to fairly recent

hey everyone!!

its so hot in perth today! Meant to be 39 degrees and right now it is 38!! I hope the sea breeze comes in early... I went to the gym this morning and put Avaleigh in the creche and just when I was finishing one of the ladies came to get me because Avaleigh woke up screaming and no one could settle her! She calmed down as soon as she was in my arms... Not too sure when it was about, maybe because she was so hot but she didnt look thirsty?? What does everyone do with their babies on the hot days? I am thinking of maybe giving cooled boiled water.. I know that breastfed babies dont need water but maybe it would have been good to give Avaleigh today when I was up in the gym..

Thanks everyone for your concerns about me maybe over doing it, but I dont think that I am. Yes I am getting sick a bit but I always get sick and what I had on Saturday was over by Sunday. I pretty much live in the fast lane.. LOL

Zofia - I read that you had your wedding last week - congrats! Cant wait to hear all about it..

Jan - good luck with the transition! I remember trying to get Avaleigh to sleep in it was tough!! During the day all she did was look around at everything, so one night I decided to get her to sleep in it and she did, she slept the whole night!

Sacha - we have a boat but its not really kid friendly. I would love to go on it but Jason wont let us!! Which is fair enough because he says the spray is really bad..

Rebecca - I got no idea what I am going to do with myself after the wedding.. well I've got Avaleigh's christening to think about!! And yes, finally rest.... I am thinking of maybe finding some work to do from home... but thats not something that I really want to do.

Anyway, better go and have a shower.. I will try and get some new photos of Avaleigh up on her site one of these days, been so slack with that!

Hi ladies...it's been awhile once again since I've posted...goodness you all can chat!!! *hehe* Lately I've been able to read but not post anything of length b/c Alessia has decided that sleep during the day isn't her friend! *lol* We're still going ok through the night with the occasional wake up b/c she's gotten her hands free.

The warmer weather here now has me a bit frazzled as I am so used to rugging Alessia up! I've resorted to popping the air conditioning on and leaving her still in a few layers, otherwise she won't sleep at all! She definitely has picked up an extra feed during the day if it is hot - poor little thirsty thing! I haven't seen the need to give her boiled water - much easier to just give her bb's - no sterilising needed!

Ooops screaming baby - take care everyone!

Hi girls,

Just popping in - this is going to be a short one! Things here are going well, although I think the hot weather has Amelie a little rattled (or maybe she is just growing again - huge chubba bubba that she is!! At last weigh she was above the 97 percentile line on the chart!!) Hopefully this sleep will be a bit longer than the rest of them have been so far today.

Have my last organised mothers group meeting on Wednesday- hopefully we'll continue on after that though.

Zofia - glad to hear the wedding went well!

V - good luck for your wedding - sounds like things are under control (don't you hate it when people don't RSVP on time, though!!)

Bec - nice pics!

Everyone else - sorry I don't have a lot of time, but hope all is well!

Veronica, even though you shouldn't need to give her water 39 degrees is pretty hot, at least the people at the creche would have something else to try. Waking up hot and not in her own bed was probably a bit scary. Xavier wakes up screaming if he has a pain, and it's a full on scream.
    Oh and I can see you now, no sooner will you be finished with wedding, then xmas then christening, then easter, then you will have to start working on avaleighs first birthday party.

Fran, i think when it comes to heat you gotta do what you gotta do, I'm pleasantly surprised so far some of the really hot days we have had all xavier seems to want to do is sleep and drink, works for me.

Belinda, I'm in 2 minds over if I would like our mums group to continue afterwards. I love seeing other people but hardly any of them open their mouths, I think if we got together unassisted there would be silence and this is after having met for 4 weeks so far and we are going to meet 3 more times. I don't know if they are shy or if the rest of us just don't fit their mold of possible friends. Well not much skin off my back, I'm going back to work in January.

Hi everyone!
    Nice hot one up here today!
    Its always a few degrees warmer than being in Bendigo.... thankgoodness we moved to a place with air conditioning!!!

Our mothers group has met at least twice since we finished up, but I havent been able to make it due to our move. Hopefully I will still get invited! lol
    Otherwise, theres a group that I am going to join up this way on wednesday, with kiddies of all ages. Just all the ladies from the surrounding areas. They catch up at the same place every weds. Its a 15 minute trip. Beats driving an hour to Bendigo for no reason.
    Rebecca - I had no idea who u were when I accepted ur friend request on facebook!! pmsl. I did work it out eventually.
    I love facebook, and If anyone wants to add me, I'm Nicky Hercus.
    I promise not to throw too may sheep at you!
    lol

V - Good luck with all the wedding plans! I don't know how you do it all. I am in awe.

look at me, [email protected] with the personals! My memory is shot now:S

I promise to work on it over the coming weeks

Love to all
    Nicky

Megan76 Guest

Hi! Typing with one hand cos lucas had his needles today so i feel sorry for him and dont want to put him down in case he wakes up! Will come back when i'm baby free!!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast