Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #9

MM - sounds good, we should organise something. So how did the farex go? Do you feel Jack coped with something new in his tummy? I still don't know if I should try Oliver on it yet. I'm sure he would be fine and if he didn't want it he'd soon let me know. I think I just have issues cause I know he is going to be my last baby and he already seems to be growing too fast! Where has the last four months gone????

I know, it's gone way too fast. He has so far coped really well with the farex. But has only had it once, so early to tell yet. But he did scoff the lot no problems. Didn't have the tongue reflex at all. So fingers crossed he will be fine to continue on. I'm not really worried though, as my doc was happy for me to try it or FF to top up with, so I decided the farex.

Megan76 Guest

We are at the 40 min mark of a sleep so i am hoping if i get on here and complain about Lucas's daytime sleeping habits he will pull out a long one for me!! I think i am kidding myself! I am just so frustrated because if he wakes up early (always!) then i would love to go for a walk, but if i do, he screams, then i end up cranky cos i would have tried to resettle him in bed and he screams, then we go for a walk and he screams and if i go and visit people alot of the time he screams and i don't know what to do! OK that is my vent......

Raels - i say good on you for not waking! Let the guys have a go!!

Mel - i'm glad Jack liked the food! I think i will give Lucas a go soon too! I have a health centre check on Fri so i will ask then. I am pretty sure she will stick by the 6 month rule but i will probably do it anyway! BTW what's the tongue reflex...is it pushing the food back out? Cos Lucas is doing that with his dummy so maybe he's not ready yet.

OK he has gone 1hour and 5 min.........

Jan - Thanks for the advice. I definately agree i have to try not to get so worked up....i am sure Lucas was picking up on it on Cup Day cos he seems to want his Dad!! I just get so anxious when other people are around and i can't settle him and feel like a bad mum! I know its not rational but it is just hard work going out at the moment! Lucky you going to Crowded House!

Em - Are you still boob and bottle feeding? What time is Tom waking at night? I reckon once you start solids he might stop cos it seems like he is a good sleeper and can resettle, so once he is not hungry hopefully he will sleep through! Could you fit another feed in during the day and see if that helps?

OK 1 hour 10 minutes...and still going, it worked!

Hi Ladies!

Re: the farex feeding - glad that Jack copes with it- I'm a bit like the other girls, in that I don't want my little baby to grow up so quickly! We discussed starting solids yesterday at mothers group and the nurse said that babies might be ready any time from 4 months to 6 months, but that you don't really want to go any later than 6 months before starting, as they may find it more difficult beyond then. I think I'll be waiting for the 6 month mark, unless Amelie starts waking a lot more often at night - I can cope with once or twice, but if I get more than that a few nights in a row, I will start considering solids.

Megan - you're right - the tongue reflex is pushing the food back out. We were told yesterday that some babies won't lose it until you persist with trying to feed (it's not that they don't like the rice cereal, just that their mouths aren't ready). Hope Lucas stays asleep a little longer, and starts getting in the habit of it more often! You're not a bad mum, if you have a cranky baby- Lucas is probably a little sensitive to how you are feeling- I'd give what Jan suggested a try and see if you can get him comfortable with small numbers of people.

Amelie is good today - for some reason she had a few tantrums yesterday whenever I tried to put her to sleep. Normally she gets the signs - when her dummy goes in, the music goes on and we sit and rock for a while, she closes her eyes and relaxes. But yesterday she was protesting and I had to keep shoving the dummy back in. She finally gave in when I tried a different tack, standing up rocking and holding her tight to me. At least I think she's over those episodes today!

I look at Zyon & feel I am missing too much, it's going too fast!!!

Gotta head off to wlak up to school... But I cant believe they're all approaching the 4mth mark!!!

Megan, yeah the tongue reflex will let you know if bubs is ready for solids. If you put food into their mouth and if they push it straight back ou they aren't ready, but if the swallow it, then they are. And star is right, most MCHN will recommend 6 months but you can start from 4 months only if baby is ready. And Jack definately was interested last night, if he had his way he would have had some more. Yey on his big sleep too, I hope he is still sleeping for you.

Star, glad to hear amelie is over her episodes from yesterday. Maybe she was just having one of those days we all seem to have from time to time. I know what yoy mean about not wanting your baby to grow up so fast. But Jack is still my little man, he will always be my little man, just now, we are venturing onto new things together, and I'm excited about that. Like the bath together with his sister the other night was so cute, I can't wait to tonight to put them in together again.

Snap Tracey he he he

oh why the growth spurt business?
    lach has reverted back to days feeds every 2 hours and night feeds every 3-4 hours. hope this doesnt last long.
    on the plus side it will boost my supply.....

Megan76 Guest

Oh dear Nicky...i am waiting for Lucas to do the same!

I have just put Lucas to bed and the dog next door is barking his head off....again! I get so frustrated cos it wakes him up all the time, very over it!

Hi all,

Mrs Daisy, what a cheeky little man you have, and dad didn't get much of a play. yay on the cup pic, he wasn't far off. Those bindeez toys, I knew there had to be something nasty about them when I saw the adds and how the stuck together.

Sacha, how cute sucking off socks. I was introducing Xavier to his feet the other day. He can't bring them up himself yet. I kind of feel the same way about mil buying things and my mum buying things. It might be that I trust my mums judgment better, or it could be that I don't want to think I owe them something?? I don't know, I guess it's just more acceptable for us if it's our mum. I hope Autumn isn't having any bad dreams, I haven't heard a whimper, but I have seen a sad face while he's sleeping. Oo I hope they don't have too vivid nightmares, like mummy accidentally bopping his head on the pram.

Jan I hope you enjoy the crowded house concert. Xavier was only 6 weeks old when powder finger and silver chair were doing their tour, and I would have loved to go but thought he was too young. However it is really important that you guys get to go out and do some things together and for you to know that he will be fine when you go out for a while. We've been to the movies twice now and it really did feel great. I only cried the first time lol

Mel, how sweet your family dinner. Jack was obviously well and truly ready for the food. He is going to be a big strong boy. I'll be watching out for him at the 2020 olympics. I hope the foot surgery goes well and you heal quickly, but remember to take it easy, and silly things like cleaning are not important. Do you have someone near by you can call on if it all just gets too much?? i think I agree with you and would much rather give farax than formula. plus it's only $1.99 for the box farax. Although I wouldn't care too much if I had to get up for an extra feed, maybe... but once I go back to work Xave will be 5 months old, and by then I will def be introducing solids if it means I get to sleep at night.

Sara, it's good if your in laws are buying practical stuff.

Tracey, bleeding injuries are scary, but I think mouth ones bleed more than most.

Raels, don't worry, the only reason your partner probably woke first was becaue he was in a lighter state of sleep. I'm sure if he had been in a deeper sleep you still would have woken first.

Welcome YacinesMommy, Good luck with your TTC #2, it would be nice to live vicariously through someone. it will be a while before I'm there again.

Nicki, glad to hear your still doing well, all that walking to get the mail and you won't know yourself soon. LOL at Adam having made 6 DVD's already. Are they all of Lachlan? it's good that he's feeding heaps and boosting your supply. It might be exactly what you need to get back on track.

Megan I hope your long sleep continued. When I start typing Xavier wakes up. His mum is enjoying herself without him senses kick in. Oh dogs, I was a little worried about dogs, because we have 2 and sometimes they go right off and start barking, but Xavier has never cared.

Star I hope your tantrums are over too. Xavier is in bed right now but sooking a bit more than usual, I don't think he was as ready for bed as I first thought. Oh well, he will be eventually.

Well glad to hear i'm not the only one who feels that way about the bike.

Xavier gave me a nice sleep in today. He slept 10 hours last night, waking at 5.30am, then was back in bed around 6 and we didn't get up till about 10am. I felt so refreshed, although i lost a fair chunk of my day, I did still manage to get my hair straitened so I could respectfully leave the house

But I am going to have to be strong and start giving him more routine for waking and feeding etc. He currently changes his mind daily and I'm going to need him to be waking up at 6 or 7 am once I'm back at work, and I'd prefer not to send a grump baby to child care. Which of course means I have to start getting back up at those times. Hmm, maybe in a week or 2 when it's really starting to warm up, and is too hard to sleep in.

Hi All
    Sara - Don't worry, I call her that all the time...

Re: the grobag dilemma - mine is a .5 tog and there have been days already when I couldn't put Autie in it even in just a nappy. Even a really light muslin around the legs seemed too much. I guess it's up to you and what your environment is like.

Mel - Yeah we should get together sometime, that'd be nice

Hi Yacine'sMommy. Welcome and good luck with TTC - Autumn took 2yrs to come along and I have struggled with the idea of taking too long or too short to try for the next one.

Hi everyone else, I have to go. Hope everyone is feeling rainbows and sunshine

Hi everyone

Wow this thread moves fast!

Our wedding on Tuesday went well. It was a nice quick little ceremony, followed by dinner at a Mexican restaurant. Yum. Diana screamed and cried all through the ceremony , so her grandfather and uncle took turns in taking her outside and trying to calm her. Eventually her uncle Mark managed to get her to smile again and she was happy for the rest of the day (apart from when we got stuck in traffic when driving to the restaurant). Anyway, I will now post a couple of photos in my photo gallery and BBL to read through the latest posts and write more about the wedding (and to upload more photos).

Hope you and your bubs all have a good and restful night. Diana is asleep in her cot and I am looking forward to joining her.

Hi ladies

Wow i have missed so much again. Ethan decided that he was ready to wake up 45mins ago and he is wide awake so he is laying under his play gym and hopefully the lights will help him get sleepy again.

WELCOME to the new ladies! Its great to have you join us.

Idol Fans- I am also happy with the 'marty' verdict! Who do you all want to win? its a tough choice but i have to say my choice is Natalie. I do like 'em all though.

I will do the best i can re personals

Megan- Sorry it has taken so long but i am finally going to answer your question Re Coccyx, I have been having physio/ultrasound but it hasn't helped, my x-rays have shown a fracture and the bone is bent back the other way (its supposed to be curved in towards your uterus mine has changed and is pointing out towards my back). I have been told that it will improve in time but wont be the same again, the physio said by 12wks it should be better but its 4months for me too and has only 'slightly' improved. One of my midwives told me to be prepared that it may be tender during labour next time and the pain after could be worse. My mum had a fall when she was pregnant with my sister and some days she still has pain...my sister is 24 I hope i haven't said too much! I used to sit on rolled towels, in a u shape so that the opening was where my tailbone goes so there is no pressure on it & Sleep with a pillow under one butt cheek. I dont now as it was annoying having towels on every chair and didnt leave many towels for showering!! I just get frustrated when i cant find the right position to sit in that is comfy and not painful. Sorry your having a tough time with lucas's social phobia, i dont have any advice except to agree with the others and just slowly get him used to a few people at a time.

AMM- Yay on deciding when to TTC #2!! That is great news.

Mel- Glad your feeling better hun, things have been tough on you lately but your doing so well. Your children are so gorgeous, and what a healthy boy Jack is. How cute re charlee and Jack sharing a bath, glad it went well and hope it stays smooth sailing for you. oh the foot surgery sure snuck up fast, hope all goes well with that and that everything runs smoothly for you afterwards.

Star- You did a great job on the christening cake. it looks fantastic and Woo Hoo to your win!

Jan- i know what you mean with middle of the night feeds, hopefully our little men improve soon. Ethan gives cute smiles when i go to him too then talks his little head of while i change him and until the bottle is in his mouth, gets that from DH lol!

Leah- Hi, love Ella's name! was on our pink list. Yep we too are having trouble with day sleeps and it does make the day seem very long when they are grumpy bums and dont want to entertain themselves for long!

Bec- I dont think its unreasonable re the bike either. I asked dh if it would bother him if someone went and got ethan a bike without asking us first and he said 'yes as thats something he would like us to do with our son'. I think its a special thing.

Tracey- Ouch! Poor Indah Glad she is ok though. it doesn't take them long to get back up and play again though does it.

Zofia- Congratulations on your wedding Very happy for you that it went well. You looked lovely.

Re sleeping bags= I had one given to me the other day which was hand made by the lady and its made from flanelette (sp!) cot sheet material and ethan had a sleep in that with just a thin blanket tucked over him and was ok. Although ethan is being fussy and one night has to be wrapped to sleep the next night refuses to be wrapped, he is also chopping and changing how he wants to sleep, from birth was tummy no other way, no he switches between side, back and tummy and if i dont get it right, hmm well he gets pretty bossy until i get it right, lol. men huh!!

Well Ethan has been having solids for a few days now, as i just thought he was ready, tried farex but he gags on it, so has been having 'Nutricia first balance' jar food, which is so pureed its like water! so far he has had some sweet potato, loves it! Sweet Corn, will not swallow! and he had some pear which he was okay with but i just want to stick to the vegies for awhile. He has about 4 teaspoons at night after his 180ml bottle, and would eat more if i let him! Sleep is all over the place again so im napping when i can! But suprisingly feel quite good atm.
    In the morning We are off to have a look at the results of the professional photos we had done two weeks ago, im sooo excited and cant wait to see them but not looking foward to the 2hr trip to get there! I cant wait till we actually get the photo's to bring home.

Also some news on the TTC front. DH and i Have decided that we are going to TTC number 2....Now!! YAY! no charting or anything, just no contraception, as we want our children close together and we are hoping that it wont take as long this time and praying no more unsuccessful pregnancies! Im excited! Just sometimes wondering how i would manage as i dont think i have coped to well so far Im getting there, i just miss my sleep LOL!

Any way ladies Ethan is looking very 'not here' and is pulling his ear and sucking his wrap so its off to bed for him and me too!

Hope your all doing ok. sorry to all i have missed.
    BYE

Hi all,
    I've finally updated my pic of Xavier and put daddy in it too. No Nathan isn't a weirdo we are at a costume party

Zofia, glad things went well for the wedding. Your little girl is getting so big!!

Jessikah, you poor thing, awake at such a horrid hour of the day.

I'm sorry to hear the coxxyx taking a while to heal. I have recently found out that due to a fractured pelvis when I was 16 I shouldn't have been able to have a VB, as most women have trouble but I managed so I hope a second bub won't be too difficult for you both. I think in retrospect I didn't tell the hospital about the fracture as I assumed it would be on my record as it was the same hospital. I think if they had of realised they would have tried to make me have a C-sect.
    Congrats on making the decision to TTC #2, another person I can live vicariously through. It will be a while for us especially when I was truley thinking I would probably have to wait 3-6 months minimum. I know you will be able to cope and I'm sure Ethan has set things up 'nice' in there and another bubby will snuggle right in for you.

Well I didn't get the same sleep in I had yesterday, lol but he's back in bed for his morning nap, fingers crossed I get the usual 2 hours, and get this he woke up at 3.30 this morning for a feed, though I know it is because he was very fussy yesterday and went to bed after only one boob. But then he decided after going back to sleep at 4 that 6am was a fine time to wake up next, so I poked nathan for a good 10 mins and he eventually got up. I had expressed some milk last night and nathan found it in the fridge and changed and fed him (he wasn't actually hungry) he did fall asleep though for say 30 mins and when Nathan was in the shower he was calling out again. When I finally got up and went in there he looked at me and litteraly said ha ha ha. He laughed at me cheeky bugger.

Hi everyone,

Nicky and Megan - seems almost everyone is going through this growth spurt business! Hope everything settles down and back to normal for you guys soon.

We are on our fifth day, last night I put Oliver to bed at around 8. He woke at 10, 1 and 3. Where has my little sleeper gone???? He drinks like it's his last feed ever! Its a bit cute actually. And like you said Nicky, its great for our supply.

I went up to the shops last night to get washing powder and came back with some organic rice cereal and a baby feeding bowl and spoon. Haven't tried him yet but will if sleeping doesn't get back to normal soon.

Have a great day everyone, I'm off to buy some new clothes!!!!

Hi girls - i may be pushing my luck by having some time on BB because although Tom has been asleep for only half of his morning sleep, he is starting to stir and from the smell that is coming from his room, i would say he has brewed up a little surprise for me. Will see how i go!

First of all, Zofia you looked so nice in your wedding dress! Diana must of known all the attention wasnt on her for once and decided that wasnt good enough! Thank godness for Uncle Mark!

Megan - Tom is now on formula completely as of this week. He just wasnt getting enough off me anymore, so i decided to stop. I dont think he has even realised - he would drink out of hose as long as it meant he was getting his milk! I have tried to fit in another feed during the day but he just wont take it - he likes to go 4.5 hours between his feeds. If i try to give it to him earlier, he will just scream and refuse to take it until his time is up. Cheeky bugger. Its a bit annoying because i means that when we put him down for bed at 7pm, he now wakes twice. He pretty much feeds at 8am,12.30, 5pm - bed at 7ish (cannot get him to stay awake any longer), then he wakes around 9-10pm and again between 2-4am. The good thing is that he has his feed and goes straight back to sleep - no playing, maybe just a smile and chat to himself. So all in all, it isnt too bad - probably takes 20min to feed him then back to bed for me - unless i stay up to watch bad middle of the night tv. Infomercials and Passions..
    Is Lucas getting any better with his people phobia? I found that Tom was bad if we were going somewhere because i would get tense - is he going to cry, spew on me, do i have enough nappies etc - and he must of been picking up on that. Now i have to make a effort to be calm and not worry about anything and he has definately improved.

Bec - Xaviers picture is so cute. He has changed so much since your other photo. I must get around to putting on of Tom on here.

Raels - hope you had fun shopping. I am going tomorrow with my sister. The Big W catalogue has little Santa romper suits in it, so am wanting to get one for Tom to wear on Xmas eve. And clothes for me too!!

I cant believe that we are already discussing food for the bubs! I feel like i just got the hang of the milk thing . I might wait abit longer for Tom as he is quite a little baby and he definately still has the tongue reflex, as i am reminded of this every morning when trying to give him his reflux medication. I am actually looking forward to introducing him to a variety of foods - hopefully he wont turn out like his fussy father who only eats meat and potatoes. I love all types of vegies, so it will be nice to be able to cook them for someone besides myself!
    On the TTC issue, we are going to wait until Tom is atleast 3. I never thought i would have more than one child, but now i have him, i cant imagine not experiencing all this again. We are going to wait because i had such bad morning sickness the whole way thru my pregnancy, and was in hospital a few times, so i would hate to deal with that with a little baby. I know every pregnancy is different but i just couldnt risk it.

Well, hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm heading off shopping with my sister and her two kids which should be interesting. My nephew is 3 and he is the most polite, well behaved child - until you get him into a shopping centre and he turns into the devils spawn. He just loathes shopping. He is like one of those kids that you see climbing in window displays and old ladies turn to each other and say ' he just needs a good smack'. Hopefully, her parents inlaw are going to be able to baby sit him so we can have a nice girls day out and start some xmas shopping. I vow to be organised this year!!
    Bye everyone xx

Nicky- LMAO of at the letterbox!!!
    Bec- LOL at still getting your hair straightened! He's learning young to let you get ready! Good boy!
    Megan, we have two dogs and also my SIL's at the moment, at sometimes all three of them bark at the same time, but doesnt worry Kaetlyn is annoys the crap out of me though. SIL's dog barks from about 2.30 till 7.30 when the street is busy and the buses are stopping- we have a bus stop out the front.
    Star- Amelie is nearly 4 months!! WOW! Dont you hate it when they dont catch on to the sleep cues? Its a bugger when our dummy signal doesnot work
    Yacine'sMommy- welcome and enjoy our chatty thread!
    Zofia- Congratulations on your wedding, glad you had a great day, your photos sure do look like you had a great time!
    TOJ- Great choice to TTC 2!! That is the furthest thing from my mind at the moment! Goodluck.
    Raels- Happy 4 mths to Oliver!!! Good luck on trying solids/farex!
    Well, me you ask?? I have been banging my head against the
    Kaetlyn has decided that she is allergic to sleep. Not sure why, i wish she would tell me though. SHe is still sleeping for 9hours a night, just from the time she falls asleep. wed night she had been crying/whinging basically from when Aaron left for work at 2.30pm. by midnight she had slept for only about 1/2 hour. the only thing that would settle her was being on the boob- but not drinkning, just playing with it. At mignight I had finally got her to sleep, and put her in her cot, and she woke up screaming. I had had it by then, so I burst into tears and sent aaron a msg for him to come home. I couldnt hadle it anymore. i was so tired. so he got home about 30 mins later, fining kaetlyn on my boob and me in tears still. he took her to the lounge room and watched tv together and she fell alseep, so both of them were in bed by 2.30am.
    So... yesterday instead of sitting at home waiting for Kaetlyn to cry all day, I thought I would trick her, and so I got up, got ready and went out shopping for the day to get out of the house and to break her routine of crying all day. (she had done the same time three days ina row). MIL came over to look after while I was at netball and of course she was a little princess! she seemed ok, we watched some tv together ans she fell alseep on me. she then slept from 11pm till 10am this morning. So i stayedup and did some xpressing- and tore my nipples not sure how but they were bleeding. I put soem BM on it, and maraclan so all it good today.
    I want to store up soem EBM as there are some xmas functions coming up and need milk for MIL to feed her.
    Today Aaron and I are going out, not sure where, but its already midday and i am still in my jarmies.
    Oh and yesterday I brought some shoes for kaetlyn- some Dunlop Volleys. they are really cute, and also some little sandels for summer. Oh so cute.

Also, last ngiht MIL gave Kaetlyn some EBM- it was soemthing that I had been avoiding (silly reason for it and quite selfish really)- feeding Kaetlyn was something only I could do- like it was our bond that no one else shared. MIL looked so happy to be able to do it, I am glad I finally relented and am not being so selfish.
    Ok better go and get ready for the day to start! I might go and straighten my hair seen as aaron is home my hair is dead straight, but I like to straghtne it sometime!!!

Also, has anyone heard from Veronica; last post she was getting a bit sick and havent heard anything since. hope she is alright.

Megan76 Guest

Sorry have to be quick but have a question....do you guys think i'm mad if i buy a new pram considering we already have a brand new one? You know my pram issues.....well today at mothers group i put him in one of the other mums prams that faces me and wheeled him around the house and he was happy as larry looking at me and smiling. Might have been a one off i guess but i am very tempted to go and buy one cos it is so hard not being able to use the one we've got. What would you guys do???

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast