Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July - December 2004

Great news rose! Must be a big relief.

Bon

What a relief for you Rose, so glad the results are all good!

Hi girls, wish i could chat but gotta go pick up the 2 big kids from a friends and if I don't go now, I will be late.

Maybe get back later
    Michelle

\/ great news Rose!!!
    I'm not too impressed with Yasin at the moment. He's just figured out how to open the doors (all our doors have handles that pull down so it pretty easy). DH was even less impressed when he got a little visitor while he was on the loo this morning LOL. He's also doing a pretty good impression of a mountain goat these days. He climbs everything that he can including the coffee table the arms of the sofa and arm chairs and this morning while I was in the laundry for about 10 seconds he climbed onto a chair and then onto the table and tried to help himself to my choccy milk - not happy Jan!!!!! My heart races a little bit every time I see him climbing something.
    DH and I are planning to take Yasin to a fair this weekend so he can go on his first pony ride. I'm a bit excited.

I got a placenta scan yesterday and saw my baby. It was sooo cute that DH and I both wanted to give the screen a kiss :smt055 . My placenta is still low but we're hoping it will move up in the next couple of months

Tee Hee Dach Grace is a little monkey too! She climbs on the table, on the lounge and one day before we moved and I had boxes everywhere, she climbed onto a box and then onto her highchair and stood up on the tray! She did this in the space of about 10 seconds, I practically leapt across the room to get her off then moved the highchair!

Bon

Dach, i so know what you mean about the climbing. Lily has tried to open the drawers in the kitchen and climb up them and also theres a box on the kitchen floor and she climbed on that to try and get to the bench. Also loves to try climb the coffee table too #-o

Wow I am so lucky my kid's have not been very interested at the climbing. My 3yr old will occasionally fling himself over the back of the couch but Amelia will just stand on the couch. That is the best she can do atm. I am sure if she was encouraged though she would do it.

dachlostar, I just realised you are only 3 weeks ahead of me. Hope your placenta moves up. If not will they do a c/s or will they let you try to give birth? I had a surprise u/s today at my appoint to check my placenta. He said I have a 20% chance of a retained placenta but due to good health, no bleeding and other factors I am in for a good chance of a "normal" delivery. (if you can say that) So good news 2 days in a row. I will have to have iv access and blood on standby just incase they do find the placenta does not come away properly.

mitch4now, Good to see you around. Hope you are doing well.

Ds is going to start orrientation for 3yr old kinda next week. Should be good. I am quite excited.

Ok better go now.

Yay again for you Rose!

Dasch- you start to stop looking as kids seem to persist in climbingon things and tryong to give you hesrt failureLOL I told a gf today not to look as Jess climbed her slide LOL

No time for any more going to bed
    Michelle

Melinda Guest

What a relief Rose! I'm so happy for you!

Jacob also does the climbing thing - he absolutely loves it!!!

I am looking into gym for Jessica and Jemma this year, Jessica swings and climbs and I am sure she would be a star! LOL Who knows, maybe she is a future gymnast!

I was thinking the same thing Michelle. Lily is always climging and stretching her legs in very weird positions.

Lily has now worked out how to climb up onto the lounge and how to get back down. So she's been doing that all day now. Not sure how to stop her?

Kellee Guest

Jessica – congratulations on Aiden walking! It’s so wonderful when they take their first steps. Careful – he’ll start running soon and then you’ll wish he never walked in the first place!

Pee – oh you poor thing not getting as much hugs from Ryley. I felt so bad for you when I read that post. I can kind of relate – Charlie went through a big “Daddy” phase when I got back from tour in October, and I had just stopped b/f too, so I was pretty down about it. I’m sure he loves you lots and lots, and you’ll be getting those hugs again soon. It’s great that he seems to like daycare.

Jo – I laughed when I read about DH ‘giving in’ on the name thing. Mine did too. I reckon we deserve it, going through pregnancy and labour. I bet that husbands would DEMAND to name the child if they had been through what we have to go through! May I ask a question… are you going c/s again this time, or ‘natural’? (I hate using that word – it somehow devalues the experience of childbirth if you don’t end up having a vaginal birth.) I found out that my placenta is a little low, and even though they’re pretty sure it will move, I’m nervous about having to have a c/s this time as I don’t know what to expect. Anyway, sorry, TMI!

Mel – that pic of Eliana is co cute! She’s grown so much. I hope we have a Brisbane meet up again soon so I can see how big she is. Cute that she’s saying a few things too. Charlie only says “mum”, “bub” and “dad”, so he obviously doesn’t take after his mother in the talking department! I hope that you are able to work out some relationship solutions soon – sorry that you have to go through troubles, mate.

Bon – glad that Harry’s party went well. Wow, three – they grow up so fast. That’s so cute about Grace making those noises! I hear you on the tanties. I reckon the best strategy is to just ignore them – that’s what we do. I read somewhere that kids are like performers on a stage… it’s no fun to perform if nobody is watching!

Hey Mitch! Was wondering where you had been. OMG at Jess getting on the pool table and the bench – she must be a strong one! Charlie is just starting to learn how to climb, but I’ve had to be very firm about him not climbing on the coffee table, as DH just finished making it and we want it to stay looking nice as long as possible! How do you stop them? I can’t stand it!

Rose – yay for your clear test! That must be a relief.

Dach – I smiled when I heard about you wanting to give the screen a kiss! I can’t believe you’re 30 weeks already! Wow. It goes faster the second time, hey? Hope you’re able to take some pics of Yasin’s pony ride. What a cute thing to do!

Tegan – aagghh the climbing again! I reckon it’s ok if she can get on and off safely – the danger probably comes when she’s able to use the couch as a ‘launching pad’ to climb to other things! Hope she doesn’t realise that anytime soon!

Sorry I’ve been absent again. I used to write on the BB forums a lot when Mum had Charlie and I was “supposed” to be studying, but I found that I have to actually get out of the house and go to a library or a coffee shop to study now, otherwise I don’t get anything done. The internet is such a distraction! My exam is on Monday, so once that’s over I will hopefully be able to check the internet more than once a week. I hate psychology. Dumb dumb dumb. Poor little Charlie was very sick this morning. He threw up quite a few times (all over me, too, thanks) and was very sad. He actually fell asleep for 20 minutes in bed with us this morning, which he hasn’t done since he was about 6 months old. He felt better after he had a big long sleep though and has been fine for the rest of the day – maybe it was something he ate? He’s been really off his food the last couple of weeks too… ironically, that happened just after I was telling a friend what a good eater he is. I really don’t know why – maybe it’s the heat. Any ideas? I refuse to give him sweet things just so he will eat – I know he won’t starve.

Bob is doing well. He’s even MORE active than Charlie was as this stage, so any hopes I had of having a nice quiet baby have been dashed! DH still hasn’t felt him move yet, but I don’t think it will be long provided I don’t put on any more fat – otherwise he won’t be able to feel through the fat layers!

Anyway, sorry it’s so long. I hope you’re all having a lovely weekend, and I’ll write more when I’m a free woman again (when the exam is over!).

Kellee - I think Lily has worked out how to get to other things by climbing onto the lounge! Just now She got up on it then tried to climb up onto the arm of the lounge to get to the xmas tree(yes we stiull have it up 8-[ ) She's going to give me a heart attack one of these days!

I hope Charlie is better soon, poor thing.

LOL Tegan at Lily and the xmas tree! She really has the climbing bug now. When is the tree going?

Kellee- so lovely to hear from you, so glad Bob is going great guns, hope CHarlie is better and good luck with the exam.

Jesscia- congrats to Aidan for his walking (sorry it's late!)

Dasch- hope the pony ride went well, and you got loads of pics! So have you guys def decided that you are having 2 children?

Well we had a busy weekend, Arron was working, the kids went to MIL's yesterday arvo and I moved all of Jemma's toys from her old room to her new room. I am trying to sort through thingas so I can have my garage sale and try to off-load some ****! THen I can start on my office (which is going to be Jemma's old room), I can't wait. I think I will paint it too. I will be able to scrapbook all the time then!

Hope you all have a lovely day
    Michelle

rose - great news about your gtt test

mitch - that must be heaven to have your own room to scrap in - i can only wish - our spare room is too hot plus i might be moving into a 1 bed place for a few months guess i use the verandah - good luck with sorting through all the toys & the garage sale

dach - lol at yasin visiting DH on the loo!! hope he enjoyed his first pony ride & that the rest of the fair was fun

bon - amazing at how quick grace can get somewhere - guess my time will come - lucky you are quick enough to get to her

tegan - although annoying how clever of lily to work out to use the drawers as a ladder - when do you move back south? hope it all goes well

kellee - your poor belly with bob moving around so much - think he realises he has to keep up with charlie - how is charlie today - hope he is much better - eliana has days where she won't eat much which i put down to the heat i just make sure she drinks heaps

not alot happening here - spent the day with DP's mum at her place so i could go to a scrapbooking shop which had heaps of great stuff in there - the weekend was pretty uneventful - eliana is now standing by herself & took a step so im watchin for more movement - the teeth she hasa been cutting seem to be through her gums now - he favourite toy at the moment is a tea set - ive already had heaps of pretend tea this morning!! but she is so cute even stirs it for me

Well i think Lily will be walking any moment now! Yesterday she was so close to taking 2 steps but she was a bit scared. She is standing so well now though. She can go from sitting to standing now without using any furniture! She realises she doing something good because she's all happy and claps her hands when she does it.

Michelle, xmas tree going down soon, just have to find a place to put it!

Mel, moving around the 10th March. Not really that long to go! How cute with Eliana and the tea set! Lily's fav toy at the moment is still a christmas ball, she just loves it lol. Also loves books too, like turning the pages. She's always taking them off the bookshelf.

Look out Tegan! LIfe as you knew it will be over LOL! Where are you moving to? I must only half read stuff cos I didn't realise you were moving. Gotta love the simple joys of childhood and the toys our kids prefer!

Mel- moving, is that a temporary or permanent move! I know things have been tough have you made a decision on what you are doing? Nice to see that you get along well with DP's mum. The only prob with having a room to scrap in is that it is as I speak full of the **** I am taking out of everybodies rooms LOL, better get that garage sale happening so I canget in there.

cheers Michelle

Michelle, we're moving back down to Newcastle becaise i hate this house, it's too small, no grass for Lily to play, no carpet at all. But all the other places are so expensive here. Down there we can get a 3 bedroom house, with yard etc for the same price. We'll then be moving to Adelaide in about August because DF is joining the Air Force.

Also, just updated Lilys site with some cheeky photos(finally got a new digital camera!) just click the www if you want to check them out.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast