Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July - September 2005 #3

Hi ladies....I'm here but v sick.....DH took yesterday off. Started on penicillin yesterday and actually I wouldn't be suprised if it is mastitis. I seem to be getting worse and am so much sicker than either of the kids. Anyway bbl to post personals.......

Oh bummer Soph! Hope it isn't mastitis. Poor thing hope you get better real soo.

Oh Soph you poor thing....hope the ABs kick in and you start feeling better

Jo

Soph - hope you are feeling better

Storm - ouch re the tooth.

We had a big weekend just gone. Maria, my parents and little brother went on the Sydney Harbour Bridge walk and Maria actually walked about a third of the way, very cute to see some one so small being so determined to walk on her own, it was a great day.

Hope everyone is well

OOOh Soph, Hope your on the mend., just keep feeding Hun!!!

WOAH, What a huge Effort Maria, that's AWESOME!!!

I'm so busy at work & growing bigger & bigger, can barely lift Indah anymore & I've still got ages to go!

Yay for Maria, Louise, sounds so cute! How funny are they when they get that determined that nothing's gonna stop them!

Oh dear Trace, that's what happened to me! I had people saying Oooo not long now when I still had 12 weeks to go! I was huge with Angel, well with all that excess fluid!

Zaccie was norty this morning, while I was feeding Angel he turned on all the elements, oven & grill on my stove. Worst thing though, he touched it & burnt 4 of his little fingers. I wondered why he was screaming at me, oh oh oh, when I went out to the kitchen I totally freaked, my poor little fella. I stood him in the bath & ran the cold water over it for about 1 hour before he stoppped complaining. Oh oh oh I feel so bad for him. & I feel useless, if I had known he was in there while I was feeding, I would have gone & got him out, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr at me. His ok now, sporting some wonderful blisters, but gawd, I dont think I'll ever stop feeling sick over this.
    Sorry for the rant.

Oh Stormmmm...your poor little boy !. Dont blame yourself ..these things could happen to us all a million times over!. Mum said she never realised I could reach the middle of the dining table until one day I pulled the cleaning fluid of it!....so I guess they are here to keep suprising us and keep us on our toes. I hope the dentist can do something with your toofie :-)

Soph how are you and the clan feeling today?.

Louise big yay to Maria for walking across the bridge! HOw are your cakes going?.

Trace I cant believe you are over half way through your pregnancy!...how bloody exciting hehe.

Nice day had here...Kaitlyn and I caught up with the girls and bubs from my prenatal group which was really nice. Kaitlyn is going through a hitting stage which is a bit yukky though so she got a few very stern "no's" while we were there...I hate to raise my voice at her but I just wont allowing hitting!. I know she is not doing it to be horrible ..it is natural but still arghhhh. But other then that we had a lovely day sitting in one of the girls gorgeous gardens as she and her hubby just bought a new house.

ohhhh ...forgot ...weekend was nice to :-). Went to see a petting zoo and Kaitlyn patted a little baby Chicken and a duckling which was so cute. And I nearly got another cat!!...I am so tempted when I see little animals that need a hand in life :-(..but I dont want to upset my current little pussycat....oh what to do !.

anyway ..enough blabbing heheheh...Hi ya everyone else!!!!

Ohhhhh Storm poor little Zaccie. I so hope his little fingers are feeling better now. Dont be too hard on yourself..accidents do happen and we cant be everywhere at once. I am so thankful that we put up a gate though to the kitchen or my little monkey would be doing the same sorts of things arrrgh...its not as if they hurt themselves enough !

Cass its lovely you want to take everything in..you do have a big heart. I bet little Kaitlyn loved the little duckings and chicken. We have four little ducklings and they are 2 weeks old..they are just the sweetest little things...Sammy is forever wanting to 'cudd duck" (cuddle duck)

Oh wow Trace..its so funny how you seem to get bigger earlier on each pregnancy isnt it...it must be so lovely for you though. When do you go on maternity leave?

Wow Louise..isnt Maria clever walking the Sydney Harbour Bridge...that must have fun for you.

Soph hope you and the kidlets are feeling better.

Had a lovely day at uni today. Sammy stayed home with Daddy. Looking forward to having some nice time with Darren tonight as he was working all weekend.

Jo

thanks for all the well wishes guys...slowly getting there!

typing one handed with ned on my lap......

Storm - hope zac is ok, don't feel bad. You are only human and these things happen to us all.

Jo - did you have some nice Darren time? Sounds like uni is going sp well - well done.

Cass - another cat? why not I say!

Trace - grow belly grow! Betcha Zyon is a big boy.

Louise - ohhh how cute maria walking the bridge! hope you got some snaps.

Off to PG in a sec. Lucie is going to start seeing a speech therapist soon too. Rugrat refyses to say anything but understands heaps. Ned had vacs yesterday - he's 6 months tomorrow Not crawling yet though like Lucie was,.....maybe he'll talk before she does! DH is away in Sydney for a conference tomorrow til Friday. How will i cope ?

Oh JO your kids are so lucky!!! they are living my dream childhood...full of little furry friends!. I am a HUGE animal lover ...huge! enjoy your time with Darren I know what it is like to miss our men!.

Soph I am sure it is ok that Lucie doesnt say much isnt it?. Kaitlyn is not much of a chatter ..she only has a handful of clear words - More , shoe , mummy, daddy, Car, Nanny, Cereal, Banana ( nannnnaaaa) , Deanna ( her cabage Patch doll) and the rest are ones we know what they are but no one else would . ...is that ok ?...oh I hope so !.

Well just another day working away here heheh. Kaitlyn is home with Daddy today but is a bit of a handful as I think she is coming down with something poor muffet :-(

Have decided that if the little pussy cat has still not found a home on Friday then she is coming home with us as she is meant to be ours. So sad as it says she is shy and is the kind of cat that really needs to find her "forever" home....man makes me sad as some animals just get disgarded!. I know sometimes you have to give up a pet for reasons out of your control....I just never could!. When we bought our first unit I actually didnt buy another one I liked as they would not allow my pussy cats...no Boys ( both cats were boys) then no me ! ...Anyway ..time will tell !....watch this space :-)

Hope all you lovely ladies are having a nice day !.

Go the cat Cass!!!! Re Lucie's speech, she only will say 'mum mum mum' when pushed. She points to everything and speaks gibberish but it isn't proper words. Mostly she says 'daaas' and points, I think that is 'what's that?' but wn't repeat anything. Speechy is free and right accross the road from home so i'd be crazy really not to take her.

Hi girls

Soph glad you guys are slowly on the mend. Sammy speaks alot of gibberish as well...he is putting two words together sometimes but really Im sure only we can understand him...some things are crystal clear..like he suprised me so much the other day saying 'other side' for other boobie(lmao) but then some words I have no clue what he is saying so he has to gesture lol. Im sure they all get there in their own time. But like you say...having a speechy just across the road...what a bonus for you!

Cass I bet that pussycat comes to live with you!!! I love animals too..I heard a really sad story about a pet pig that got eaten the other day and its been on my mind ever since...sigh.

Gone and picked up heaps of bargains from the shops today..lots of summer things for the girls. Gotta love bargains!

Hope everyone else is having a nice day.

Jo

Jo - Ahhhh what a good booby boy Sammy is! Wow you are doing so well to still be feeding him, my hat goes off to you. Well done on the bargains too. I was just at K-mart and got Lucie a Wiggles hat, another sunhat (we seem to forver lose them!) and some pink sandals all for $5.40. Bargain!!!!

Brooke - Sounds like you are doing a great job mummy of 2! Can't wait to see some pics of the little guy. And don't stress too much about him getting sick. That dose of BM and EBM will add a kick to his already heightened immune system and he should be ok. Ned only got a bit of a runny nose the last week when Lucie and I have been REALLY sick. You're doing a fine job! Enjoy!

Has anyone heard from Fletch - got an email from her and something about Zane and hospital for burns???? all is ok

OH s**T I hope Zane is ok ...oh god.

Soph I agree with you ...always best to have it checked out. OH MY GOD..Ned is 6months today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! happy bday big boy!

BROOKE YAY! Have been hunting for a post from you hehehe ..even visited the Pregnancy buddies thread in the hunt for an update. Glad everything is going so well ..cant wait to hear heaps more on your new clan of 4!. Glad to hear BF went well in the hospital ...hope I can get the hang of it next time :-)

My poor little princess is a little under the weather with a cough today ..hope she still has a good day at daycare .

Bye ladies.....

Oh Brooke honey, yeap you are havibng a bad day. There are bad days and good days and you WILL get through this. Just do what you have to do to get through. If that means that Charlotte spends the arvo in front of ABC kids with a bottle and plate of snacks then so be it. You need to try and look after yourself a bit. Don't worry about the EBM, the formula is always there. That's no biggy. If Charlotte won't sleep then don't stress like crazy today agonising about it. If she is sick, try some panadol maybe and that might calm her down and make her feel a bit better so she can have a sleep. Breath and take just 2 minutes and sit down and have a big glass of water and something to eat (even just a piece of toast). If you don't look after yourself, you can't look after your kids. You WILL be ok. Thinking of you.

Cass - Hope Kaitlyn is better soon.

DH is away till Friday in Syndey

Awww Brooke you are having a bad day..its ok we all have them. You just have to do what you can to get through the day. Please take it easy and try to rest up...it does take a while to recover and the last things the kids need is for you to not be well or stressed out. Its normal to feel overwhlemed ok..just breathe and believe in yourself. Pooey to your Dh throwing out your milk...but its ok..dont be hard on yourself..little Charli is testimony to what a great mummy you are.

Soph thinking of you ..bugger about your hubby being away..its always that bit harder isnt it. Is there a playgroup you have been to today? How did the speechy go?? Was that yesterday??

Cass hope Kaitlyn is feeling ok and having fun at daycare!

Fletchie hope little Zaney is ok..i read about it in your preggo journal i think..poor little man.

Storm hope you and the chilluns are having a lovely day.

Well Sammy and I have been at a fun alternative playgroup today..its brilliant..takes on some steiner and reggio emilio philosophies...Sammy had a ball...if it all goes well..he will be going to kindy there too.

Well must get some work done

Jo

Awwww, Brooke, relax, Charli might be feeling a bit put out atm maybe a bit jealous, I sure know Zaccie was! Just go with the flow, chill & relax, don't worry if she won't sleep, throw them both in bed with you & see if that works, that's what I ended up doing the mine.
    You're a great mummy, & I'm sure Charli just needs to adjust.big hugs for ya!!
    Hope Zane is OK Fletch

Haven't read back much, sorry.It's been chaos here, Angel has decided that she can't feed properly anymore.The teats are collapsing on her, she's been screaming for food but can't get any out of the bottle, so I've done a whole big change & went out & brought an avent bottle, well, wow, now she can feed, but she drinks that fast some milk runs out the side of her mouth! I don't know what happened today, but she drank 250mls in 3 mins, had a burp & went to sleep for 5 hours.Very strange for her!
    Zaccie's fingers are OK too! Poor fella.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast