Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 16th - 30th 2008

bubNo.2 Guest

Tan2705: Thank god Scott isnt at all that jealous but this is enough !!! I seriously cant figure men well some men anyway!

xx

My lil darling woke just after I finished eating my dinner - he had a bath, a 250ml bottle (was having a i dont want to finish my bottle day earlier in the morning), and went sleep at 8pm as per usual! GOD I LOVE HIM!

He was a real piece of work Ainsley - I have a feeling he will be single for the rest of his life or will experience very few long term relationships! Thankful DP and I have no trust or jealousy issues - considering we are apart so often you would think we would be prime candidates (sp?) His ex wife is a b**** but I couldn't care less about her any love he had for her is long gone. In saying that she is an awesome mum to my DSD! DP has even become good friends with one of my exs (must admit it scares me to think of what they talk about sometimes LOL) And there aren't many women out on the pipeline amongst the 200 odd men so he doesn't have much of a chance to make me worry Hope that YUCK feeling subsides soon!

Private practice is over... my sunday night tv fix so off to bed!
    Last edited by Tan2705; September 28th, 2008 at 11:20 PM.

GGGGRRRR we have an extremely noisey grader doing our driveway today and all we can hear is beep, beep, beep... why does the operator insist of reversing... does your machine not go forward?

bubNo.2 Guest

Morning girls:

Well that YUCK feeling subsided Tan2705 thankgod We all had a great day yesterday but when we got back from the city i felt like scott was quite ****ty with me or with himself but i was hoping it wasnt and 'us' issue. So we went to bed and he came for a cuddle and i did the burst into tears things and he said whats wrong and i blurted out ' we're ok arent we? As after Frid night debarkle i feel YUCK and i need you to know that i adore you etc etc' he said ' of course we are ok as i adore you as well and i havent been happier' with that we had a pash and a cuddle and i feel 100% better today and back to normal.

We are heading to my home town for my 20 yr Tech/High school reunion in two weekends and we will make it a looonng weekend without any kids. We need it and we will have a great time. I cant wait it should be fun and my god ill see other guys i had crushes on but theyll probably be ugly as sin lol

Relationships are hard work even when you are really content hey!

Thanks for the ears ladies

xx

Wow so much to catch up on in one week

BUB: Relationships are more work then babies sometimes.... trust me on that LOL. Glad to hear your yuck feeling has gone. Jealous is a crappy emotion to contend with on both sides (yours and his) but look at it this way.... he loves you otherwise he wouldnt be so jealous. A little insecure maybe so just keep reiterating how much you love him and there is no one else.

Sheree: Bridezilla yes!!! There are two other things though. Just because the other bridesmaids are rake thin doesnt mean you need to work at it to be as well (if you want to lose weight for you go ahead but not for anyone else ok). Fuller figures look fantasic and for my cousins wedding we had V who was a size 18, K who was a 14 and me who was barely an 8 (had to be taped into the top because it kept falling down). V looked the best by far. She filled out the dress beautifully and her make up highlighted her face and she looked just gorgeous, while everyone keep talking about whether I had been eating lately or not (I was quite sick before it and lost 25kg) which had me in tears. If you have a bit of a tummy keep in mind you will be holding a bouquet. Covers that belly nicely if you are self conscious of it. But with asking until February let me tell you I had my dress in 3 weeks. I was asked to be a bridesmaid at the very last minute so everyone had theirs earlier then me but we still had plenty of time before the wedding when I got mine so it just proves you do not need THAT long to order a dress, besides like one of the other girls said it should be more important to have you in the wedding then to have the perfect dress way earlier then necessary. It may be her day but that doesnt give her the right to stomp on everyone else to get her way. She should take into consideration that you are doing this not just for yourself but for her wedding as well.

Satya: How did the hearing test go. I am hoping everything is fine.
    My DP wants another one soonish as well. I originally did but now I am not so sure, all the problems I hear when people have two young ones, but then they grow up so close as well. With the PND that I have battled (and won wooo) has also caught me off a bit, I dont want to risk it again and definately not so soon.

LIVY: AF = Aunt Flow which means your period.

TAN: DP and I were joking about a bulimic baby last night. Does my bum look big in this nappy??

Sorry I cant do bigger personals, I spent all Taylors sleepy time to read everyones posts.

Quickly I write a one handed update......

I had orientation at childcare on Friday and protested against putting Taylor in there. Kids were poking her and shoving toys in her face and she is just too little to tell them to stop and no one was watching. I understand that they cant be there all the time but I just didnt feel comfy leaving her there. I was going to give up until my cousin told me to look around (she works in childcare) and I looked a few centres this morning. The first one I saw was a major improvement on the other one and the second one was IT. It was a brand new centre with 4 carers to 15 kids aged 0-1 (not 0-2 like most places) they are still adjusting because they have only been open for 11 weeks so they havent quite found which carers they want in which rooms and they dont have a kinda program or all the rooms open yet but they are getting there and they are clean (especially the babies - they cant get into much yet). The other place was just disgusting and messy and dirty and not very 'controlled' so I feel so much better seeing this place.

Things with DP are surprisingly getting better. In saying that we havent been to counselling in 3 weeks and we havent had a real big fight since then either (other then the 36 hour silent run). Im not going to give up, like i said I just want Taytay to have her family, but if I dont see results and changes then I have no choice but to leave. We both need to proved that we can change but because we havent really had a big fight in weeks we havent had the chance to show we can handle it better (or maybe we have changed because we havent had a fight LOL). Things arent going to be 100% for awhile yet but at least I feel like I can live here again. For how long is the problem..... I shouldnt think that way and Im trying not to but like I said I need to see the changes in him before I can stop thinking that way.

Ok well better go feed my growing little munchkin.

So annoyed. Just did a big post & lost it. Not happy.

Brock's appointment did not go well. He still has fluid in his ear so they can't tell if that's the problem or if it's something else. His right ear is still fine so he has enough hearing to learn to talk so it's not a huge issue at this stage. We have to go back at 8 months for more testing. That will be annoying though as I will just be back at work and will have to take a day off to take him there. Oh well, I do have 3 months sick leave owing to me, time to use it I guess.

He was sooooo good. I forgot his dummy and I thought he might find it hard to sleep in a strange place (have to be asleep for the test). He only cried for about 5 mins (after having electrodes stuck all over him) and then slept through the test. It took less than an hour, last time it took at least double that.

It's been WW3 in our place tonight. We've been offered a free holiday but as it's to an asian country where the water is not safe I'm not keen to take a bottle fed bub. I'm also not keen to leave him at home for 5 or so days as I think he's too young. DF is thinking about going on his own. That's where the problem lies. He will have to pay for a new passport as his has expired, and for all the vaccines & malaria tablets & of course he will need spending money. All that's going to add up. We were planning a family holiday and I think if he goes then we wont be able to afford to do it. It could also be an issue for him to get two seperate lots of leave from work. I'm also not happy about the prospect of a week on my own with Brock. He's also thinking about changing jobs to a shift work one and I hated it when he was on shift work last time. I think it will be OK while I'm still at home but disastrous once I go back to work. One week out of three I wouldn't see him as he'd be on arvos, one week out of three we woudn't be sleeping in the same bed and one week would be day so that would be OK. I keep threatening if he goes to shifts I will become a SAHM but he doesn't believe me. Unfortunately he can't see past the dollar signs and thinks the extra money will improve our lives, but I couldn't give a toss about the extra money (unless it means I get to stay home) I just see it as a huge disruption to our lives. That feels so good to get that off my chest.

So sorry for my rant. I really had to get that out.

Tan - Brock is putting his hand in like that as well. Maybe it's causing him issues, I hadn't really thought of it.

Smudgiesmum - That's great that you found a good day care centre. I'm so not wanting to go looking at those places. I keep hoping that if I put it off long enough when I get around to it all the places will be taken and I wont be able to go back to work. Wishful thinking.

Does anyone know what a teething rash looks like? I know this will sound stupid but I've heard of them but I don't know if they get it on their face or their bum. Brock has a red rash around his face where he keeps dribbling (heaps). I'm constantly changing him to try to keep him dry - it keeps going through the bibs. I'm thinking the fist in mouth, dribbling and the rash might mean teething but I could be wrong.

I swore he talked today - I know that's not possible but he got really cranky just before and said MAH WAH. Don't know what he was trying to say but it was very clear and very loud. Shortly after he chucked all over DF (so much so he had to go and have a shower) and then he chucked all over me. He went to bed nicely after that though. I think if I ever hear him say that again I'll go grab a towel just in case.

bubNo.2 Guest

Satya: hellooo what type of shiftwork would it be? YOu kow how you
    threatened with being a SAHM take my hat off to you as i couldnt do it it would drive me nuts! I dont mean i want to work fulltime that would drive me nuts as well lol but just having the option of working a couple of afternoons a week does me and the bank balance wonders. We have a babysitter come and mind Alistair from 12pm til 6 pm (when scott gets home from city) when i do my 1pm til 9 30 shift. It cost us $60 for the afternoon but it is worth every cent for my sanity and the bank balance. (she minded tom for me when i was a single working mum).
    Sorry to hear Brock has a hearing issue in his left ear poor bub!

Ohhh poor Brock. Hope it gets better for him Satya.

Ainsley - I have spoken to you about your previous Ex issues before. When i was reading I was thinking - oh oh oh I know this story. Glad things have sorted out, so hope it stays that way on Scott's behalf.

Smudgiesmum - glad things seem to ok for you atm. Feel free to vent away ok hun.

Well things here aren't the best. Riley is refusing feeds and I am not sure why.....

Ainsley - it's warehouse work. The last time he did shifts I didn't cope well with it and I think it will be worse with a bub in the house. That's why I like the idea of staying at home, at least I'd get to see him each day plus I'd be able to be with Brock all the time. It's so hard as if I'd had kids in my marriage I would've easily been able to stay home as that was back in the days of the small mortgage (we used to pay $150 a week and my ex had a great income before he had his accident). Sure, when that happened I woulda been screwed. I guess that's the way I have to look at it.

Sheree - so is Riley not feeding at all? That's got to be a huge worry.

Sorry yes he is feeding but only about 4 feeds a day atm. Even then sometimes they are a bit of struggle. Surely he should be feeding more then this. I knew he would stop sleeping thru since he started doing this. Although last night was better, the night before he woke at 2.30am and he hasn't done that for nearly 4 weeks now!!!! We were going so well, 6 feeds a day and one of those were multiple of cluster feeds, so that got him thru the night. Generally 9pm to 6.30pm to 7pm. This morning was better thou, he went to bed at 9.30pm and woke at 5am. He fed better yesterday then the day before, but still not as much as I would like him to feed. I use to be able to sneak in feeds, but he just doesn't want them and puts on such a turn.

Sheree, sorry to hear that Riley isn't feeding. Have you spoken to your CHN about it?

Satya - sorry to hear about Brock

Josie is getting over her bug that she picked up from day care but unfortunately I got it. I am feeling better today but yesterday I had a fever and felt really crappy. Luke had to go to Geraldton for work as well so I had no one to help me. All I wanted to do is sleep. Thankfully now I only have a sore throat and that's about it.

I start back at work next week, should be good. I'm still going to be expressing for bubba so that will probably pose as a bit of a challenge but I'm hopeful that it will work..

bubNo.2 Guest

Hi girls:

Well i just had a long hard chat to my ex mil in relation to my son Tom and her son Craig (Toms Father). I kicked Craig out when Tom was 8 mths old as Craig was into POT bigtime and he was an a r s e towards me. Fastforward the a r s e has been in Toms life every second weekend but thats it. Tom now 8 yrs is asking alot of questions and is coming home from his fathers and always with attitude and back chatty as if dads house has no rules. BUt tom is desperate to see is father more than those weekend but his father wont budge. I have just told the MIL that craig needs to get off his bum and make more time for his boy. MIL said yes but he works long hours and i said and i dont? NO Craigs priorities have always been screwed up and you know it as much as me. I said i try to text Craig and talk about his son but no he want talk to me as im a women so therefore not worth talking too! I said dont think i took him to court (intervention order) for nothing as he can be an arrogant rude bastard towards me and still can be. MIL just said mmm. I went on and said ask or tell craig to get off his arse and come and pick tom up from school one night during the week and take him to McDonalds or somewhere for dinner and just make an effort as Tom is getting more and more frustrated therefore im copping more and more attitude cause he is frustarted dad wont see him. I told MIL that i told Tom that Mum has tried to talk to his dad but dad doesnt listen to me so know it is GRANDMAs turn. Sad isnt to try to get the biological father to pay some attention. Breaks my heart. Toms Stepdad Scott is the realist dad he has really ever known living with 24/7.

Wel i have fianally got AF only took 14 weeks!!! And yes im in agony with it and living on yesterday this is aspirn nurofen and naprogesic within the 12 hour day. Last night i was on the loo and said yes scott i have it fianally so now i know the pain will subside till next time.

Alli has pood his pants so i better go.

xx

Sheree - my MCHN told me at 3 months bubs only needs 4 feeds a day. I'm talking bottle feeds of course so I'm not sure how that relates to breast feeding, but it might not be as bad as you think.

Emma - I hope you feel better soon.

Ainsley - it's typical of how life works. The men who don't want much contact with their kids always have exes who encourage more contact and those like my DF who want more access (he would love to have week in week out but it will never happen) have exes who discourage it. Yay on AF arriving.

bubNo.2 Guest

Satya:

Why do i feel guilty though? I didnt have the drug/alcohol problem but i feel so awlful for tom that his bilogical father is such a D i c k! I just thank god Scott is in his life !

x

Ainsley - you feel guilt because you want your boy to know his dad. My dad abandoned my brother and I when I was 5 years old (brother was 4). After that we only got to see him twice a year. I remember getting increasingly frustrated that dad wouldn't see us very often and I also remember telling Mum that I wanted to go and live with him instead (Mum has drinking problems so I guess this was part of the reason).
    He stopped contacting us altogether in 2000 and I only made contact with him again two years ago. Since then I have made numerous attempts to speak with him. Written him letters, sent him photos... I invited him to our wedding, told him when I was pregnant... and got no response.
    I guess some people aren't really made to be parents, know what I mean? It does tear you up inside doesn't it... I could never abandon Josie and I know that Luke could never do it, which makes it so much harder to understand when it's happened to you. You think to yourself, "How could you do that to your own child?" Still makes me very upset.

But at the end of the day, there is only so much that you can do. Perhaps get his Stepdad to do some one-on-one stuff with Tom, go fishing and stuff like that, so he still has a father figure. Might not be much, but it might help.

Angry VENT - sorry no personals

DP and DSD are finally on their road trip north. They landed in Coffs Sunday afternoon, packed his car Monday and have been on the road since bout 4pm that afternoon. I am hoping they get here some time tomorrow morning because instead of having DSD for the fortnight (as previously planned) DPs exwife has changed her plans and wants DSD home on Sunday which leaves us with very little time together and also a little out of pocket. DP doesn't go back to work until the following week and we had planned for the two of them to fly back to Sydney (from Cairns) together, both at our expense, DSD would be picked up at the airport and DP would continue onto work, at work's expense. The ex won't budge and insists she is home by Sunday and has gone as far to say that she will pay for DSDs flight home. Thing is she doesn't fly solo so DP has to go with her and it's going to cost us $1700 for a return flight (and that's if we book now, god knows how much more it will go up by the time this crap is sorted)! Plus it means more time away from us (cooper and I) he has been working away for the past 8 weeks! The fact that the exs demands are affecting my family really s***s me! She whinges that DSD rarely gets to see DP but with his work committments and geography of where we each live it's so damn hard! His breaks don't always correspond with the school holidays which makes it even more difficult! And now that he has a chance to spend time with her she wants her home Before all this happened I had suggested to DP that they (he and DSD) take a few days to get here, perhaps do some sight seeing on the way so that they get time together before Coop is introduced to the equation. They had planned to go to Wet n Wild this morning but now that we are going to have such little time together I cracked the poops and said there weren't allowed to go and to just drive. So DSD now has the cranks with me! She is soooo spoilt and is not used to hearing NO! But now I feel guilty because she doesnt she her dad much but hell there is another kid in the picture who doesn't get to see his dad much either... she knows who her father is and im scared that with DP being gone for 28 days at a time (on most occasions) Coop won't have any idea who his daddy is! Also is it unreasonable to expect a 7 nearly 8 yr old fly by herself? It's not like flying is foreign to her.. she has been overseas several times and they quite often fly from dubbo to sdyney?! This is what I get for saying I couldn't care less about DPs ex a few posts ago... damn it!!

bubNo.2 Guest

Hey lovely ladies:

I would lose my head if it wasnt screwed on lol. I thought i was working today but no its tomorow which is good in a way as im bleeding like a stuck pig and just my luck it would run down my leg as it is sooo damn heavy ....and it started getting heavy at work last evening mmm what fun !!!
    But im taking my friend who babysits Alli to the movies with me to see The Duchess at 1 30pm as i feel guilty mucking her around with me brain farts re work lol and Alli will be in his pram so im praying he will behave and sleep.

Im over the holidays bigtime i dont like teenage kids just hanging around its really annoying. My tom is back at Oma had a sleep over and saw his cousin last night and playing again today and be home tommorrow morning.

Trying to buy online tickets is a no go for me today for some reason and it is annoying....i wanted to change the seats cause of the pram but the damn screen wont let me do it... so its the old fashioned way of queing up lol

I hope everyone is happy and healthy

xx

bubNo.2 Guest

ps Alistair again slept from 6pm til 4 30am !!! and then this morning he woke at 7am and is now back down snoozing in his pram ... he loves the pram hes getting too small for it but he loves it.
    Hes is smiling all the time and nearly giggling which is adorable.

xx

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast