Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 16th - 30th 2008

bubNo.2 Guest

hey girls:

Fancy me mucking up lol we put on the wedding invite 'after the reception we will be gathering at the Steam packet Hotel for more celebrations' Thats all well and good except (and the invites have been posted) ... mmm i looked the pub up on the net and its only a B&B now derr us !!! Thankfully no one will be any of the wiser until we all get up there so im thinking an announcement will be in order lol

My little Alli had a taste of Baby Rice today at nearly 15 wks and he gobbled it up and has had a descent sleep this afternoon.

Cheers Ainsley

hey girls!

typing this left handed 'cause i'm feeding flynn. sorry for mistakes and lack of grammar.

sheree: hope things settle for you with riley. you poor thing

satya: glad to hear brock is not as spewey as before. yay!

bub: im about to start flynn on some rice cereal. hope he likes it and takes it well.

my dh used to get like that too but now that we have 3 kids he's happy for me to butt in and take over with flynn because he then deals with will and rory. its a win-win situation for us. but i do know where you are coming from and how hard it is. big hugs to you!

flynn is teething too but seems to be handling it ok so far. hope he stays like this.

i also agree about bf and boobies. if your that vain about your boobs, don't have kids! my boobs seem to increase in size a little each time but lose more shape each time too. but i have 3 gorgeous kids who are healthy and happy and thats all that matters to me and my dh.

flynn has filled his nappy so better change it before he starts yelling!

take care mummies and babies!
    jean

forgot to add:

flynn is still sleeping thru! yay! what a champ! hes definitely my fav atm..lol (just kidding)

Im always typing one handed, its often the only time I get to reply to people.

YAY Flynn is sleeping through!!

Looking at putting Taylor on baby rice but everyone keeps telling me to wait till she is 6 months. But I dont think neither Dave or I can wait that long.

I know I need to let him take care of taylor as well and he does but if she is crying uncontrollably I expect him to take her if I have been trying for awhile to calm her down and I just thought it was the same with him. im confuseed now as to when I can offer help and when not to. Oh well.

Taylor wouldnt sleep for her first day at Childcare, doesnt surprise me she gets distracted very easily. That and they obviously didnt listen to how I get to her sleep pfft.

anyways I was offered a job share yesterday. 2 days a week. Only thing is its back at my old work, its hard to explain. I would be working in the same building on the same floor, contracted to my old boss but working for a different company. I dunno if I really want to go back there but 2 days a week is all i want to do at the moment and jobs that are 16 hours a week are so hard to find. I dunno what to do about it. I dont want to pass it up to still be looking for work in a couple of months time but I dont want to take it knowing that I wouldnt want to stay there that long.

Xmas is coming..... any ideas for presents for..... a very smart (reading and spelling) 2 year old, a very lazy 8 month old and my little munchkin who will be 6 months?? dave is always so expensive to buy for, especially seeing as its his bday on 23 nov mine on 24 nov then xmas a month away. he wants a home gym and a wii/playstation. So thats bday and xmas done..... i figure he is the one who makes the money if he thinks he can afford such expensive presents well what can i say. I am already very disappointed in my bday present, really I cant think of anything I want so we got the cars windows tinted and made it my present. hmmmm I got the practical present. Cant complain though.

Havve a great weekend everyone, the weather down here is fantastic...... if it keeps up I might go look at display homes on Sunday YAY.

Sorry for no personals.

3 visits to the chemist today. Once for cream for Brock who has cradle cap again and rash all around his chin and neck and has dry spots on other parts of his body. I'm stressing majorly over it but the chemist says it's OK just use olive oil for his head and canesten for the neck. We get home and Miss 5 tells me we need dressings for her infected leg (from falling off a slide whilst with mum). Quick change for Brock as of course he's having a chucky day today. So we head of to a different chemist and Brock cries all the way as he'd only just got to sleep so didn't appreciate going out again. Miss 5 pointed out the ones she reckoned we needed but I listened to the chemist worker who recommended another one that I realised was not suitable the minute I got home. I got told "I told you to get the other ones" over and over while I held back the tears. So back to the chemist again to change them to the one she had pointed out to me. Oh it's going to be so much fun changing these dressings 3 times a day as well as smothering cream over Brock constantly.

Miss 5 sat on her vegemite open roll - picture her walking around the lounge with it hanging off her while she looks for where she's put it.... whilst I'm on the phone talking to her dad on the phone.... still haven't worked out why she wasn't at school today.... she came complete with her packed lunch.

Chewing gum in miss 5's hair - she just started crying while we were out for dinner. When asked how it got in her hair she said she'd put it behind her ear like they do in the movies. So funny until we got home and had to try to get it out of her long thick hair, that is not allowed to be cut as she's in a wedding soon. You'd sware she was being murdered. I dread to think what our neighbours think was going on in our house. Thank god for peanut butter is all I'm gonna say cos ice didn't work.

Seriously over today.

My goodness am I suffer from period pain or what! I have never had any dramas with AF nor have I had a heavy flow like I am experiencing atm. Tampon after tampon after tampon (TMI) Also a little confused as I am on the mini pill (and have been since Coop was 5 weeks old) so wasn't expecting it!?!?! Very much over it!

Coop is doing well! I'm a little concerned about him rolling about the place - it's tile city here! I have a few mats joined up but he seems to doing more and more milage, he actually got stuck on his side up against the wall - hilarious! Thinking maybe a playpen is in order, would never forgive myself if he managed to roll onto the tiles and hit his lil noggin. Looks like his top teeth are on the move... can definately feel the one on the right hand side. Between the dribbling and vomit I am very much over washing singlets, not to mention nappies and with the wet season upon getting everytihng dry is a pain in the butt! Hate to see my next electricity bill with the dryer and AC running at the same time. Speaking of dribble - you should see it fly when he is using his jolly jumper - funny and gross all in one!

Tomorrow I am off to see the council planner, we have found 7.5 acres not too far from where we are now - the current owner has approval for 2 sheds and a house - he has 21 HUGE poles up for the larger of the two sheds - so we are wanting to see if we can get approval to change the larger shed to a living dwelling and build a pole home.. fingers are crossed!

No personals sorry! Take care ladies

Satya: Sorry I know you were very over it and frustrated but I couldnt help but laugh at Miss 5. Visuals of the vegemite sandwich were hilarious.

Well I gave Taylor Farex on Saturday and she loved it, no extrusion reflex or anything. She screwed her face a little but gobbled it down. She has started waking earlier in the mornings as well.... grrrr so this morning I gave her some Rafferties Banana and again she gobbled it down. Its so exciting, Im so glad you can give solids at 4 months. Im only giving her about a teaspoon a day once a day at the moment because Im seriously confused about how to feed a baby solids, I get that you should give it to them after a feed of milk but how often at this young age and then when do you build up to bigger feeds and drop milk feeds etc. Not something to really worry about until she is 6 months coz from what I hear at the moment feeding should only be a teaspoon a day just to get her used to food.

We alo moved her from our room on the weekend. I couldnt help myself and dragged the spare mattress into her room and slept with her. 1 because of DPs snoring and 2 because its gonna be a pain getting up at 5 or 6 am to bf when normally I just roll over and get her out of the cot and snooze while she eats. Now Ill actually have to get up. Anyways her first night was quite unsettled waking every 3 or so hours but going back to sleep ok and last night she didnt wake up till 5am so thats good.

I have a job interview tomorrow but Im going to give it a miss coz I only want to be working 2 days during the week and 1 on the weekend if needed and this job doesnt really suit me hours wise but its literally 5 minutes down the road oh well.

Anyway hope everyone had a great weekend. Will have to post some of the photos of Taylor on my gallery seeing as we got the professional ones back last week. Will let you know when they are up.

Tan - I hope your AF situation has improved. I just got my first one since going on the mini pill and it's been really light. Two days of spotting then 3 days of light flow so far. It came 27 days from when I started it so for me it looks like things will be business as usual and if anything lighter than normal. I'm on Noriday and it seems to be agreeing with me so far. Good luck with the town planner

Smudgies mum - at mums group we were told not to give bubs food til after 6 months but if we were going to ignore that advice only to give it once a day until 6 months and to do it 1/2 an hour after a milk feed and only if bubs was still looking hungry. Good luck with the job interview. Yep the vegi roll was hilarious, I was so trying not to pee myself laughing as I didn't want to encourage her to do stupid things.

Brock has been a little difficult over the weekend. He cried all the way to Lilydale in the car (about 45 minutes). Continual crying in a car packed with us, miss 5 & the dog is so not fun!!!!! We had to pull over and try and burp him on the side of a freeway. The dog got out and I imagined her squashed on the road. Somehow DF managed to catch her even though he was holding Brock. Stress levels were majorly high. He seemed OK so we got back in the car, only for him to start again. We pulled over again when safe and then I got in the back with the two kids and the dog (lucky she's small as she sat on my lap). I tried to sooth him but it would only work for about 30 seconds then he'd start up again. He suddenly stopped crying as we arrived. He normally loves the car.

There's always a silver lining. I noticed he has two new "behaviours" whilst sitting with him. He's sobbing just before crying - he's never done that before - and he shuddered at times too. Very cute.

Last night he started up again and nothing I did would stop him. DF managed to soothe him a couple of times but as soon as he put him down off he'd go again. Even though it was nowhere near feed time we gave him a bottle and that's what he needed as he went to sleep while finishing it. Maybe it's growth spurt time.

I'm wanting to start rice cereal in two weeks time but I've read so much stuff about leavng it til 6 months to avoid allergies I just don't know what to do. He's looking like he's going to have eczema and I keep reading to leave it til 6 months.

Smudgies mum - forgot to mention we were told that you should only introduce one food at a time for a few days to see if there is a reaction and that you should do it early in the day on a day that bubs is with you all day. That way if there is a reaction you will notice it - if you do it at night bubs could react while sleeping and you might not notice it at all or until morning. She also said to not introduce prepared baby foods until you have tested each individual item out as most of them have a number of ingredients in them and if you get a reaction you will then have to test each thing all the while expecting a bad reaction with one of them. She also said that milk will be the primary source of food for our bubs for the 1st 12 months as it has all the nutrients they need - the little bits of food they will get have very limited amounts of vitamins in them. Hope that helps you somewhat.

Brock has started to giggle. Wasn't sure if he did it yesterday, but today I'm sure. I put some cream near his doodle and he giggled clear as anything. Typical male.

He's also started to show an interest in his toys - until now he hasn't.

He's also starting to cry if he's not being held or played with. Fun times ahead.

bubNo.2 Guest

Hey lovely people,

Well im soooo PMSing and emotional plus really ****ed off it isnt funny!
    First of all a friend of mine that i have known for years just accused me of having an 'emotional affair' and that i shouldnt marry Scott in March as im still in contact with this long term friend (yes we have bonked but i was single then but more than that he is like family practically and we go back 20 yrs ) plus my grandma knew his grandparents! Oh and that Scott has saved me and given me a wondeful world and that i should really be submissive to him (she didnt say those words but thats what it sounded like) I have never been so ****ed and angry in my life with a female friend. I told Scott when he got home like i texted a g/friend and both of them said i hope you told her to f.u.c.k. off and that she is sooo jealous of you it is not funny. Scott also said mmm well thats another one off the wedding guest list if she doesnt agree with you hey!
    I just couldnt believe how she just kept judging me .... but she can a) have abortion late abortions and b) bonk anything that moves when she is either in or out of relationships. (i dont mean to offend anyone here reading if you needed to abort any pregnancies )
    thanks for listening

xx

Satya: Rafferties doesnt contain any preservatives it is 100% mushy fruit as far as I know, regardless I havent given it to her, but she LURVES Farex. Farex now make 3 different types of rice, one of them is made specially for 4 months + and like you said I have only given her a teaspoon (of powered rice mixed with 2 teaspoonish of bm) once a day, n ormally after her 2pm feed because she always still seems hungry after it.

Well my bm has dried up further, going to try and increase over the next few days but thins are looking positive, all the time I have had to have Taylor fed by someone else because of job interviews, child care, counselling is finally taking its toll and well Ive had a few very BAD days and my anxiety levels were through the roof so that doesnt help with milk production either. Will see how I go.

Hopefully I can do a bigger post later this afternoon when T.E.D-i bear goes to bed .

Booo hoooo, I have mastitis, think I got it early thank god, it is painful enuf already.

Riley's bad feeding lately, it was bound to happen. Boo hooo.

Smile

Hey lovely ladies

just want to encourage you all!! Each and every one of you have come across to me as just beautiful women and mothers. You are each so fantastic in your parenting! This parenting thing is such a challenge - in fact probably one of the biggest we will all ever experience! It's hard to look at the positives and brighter side of things when you are sleep deprived or other issues going on but you are all plugging away amazingly regardless. Don't be hard on yourself for days of anxiety, bf not working out, and all those things. The important part of what you are doing atm is that you are your baby's mummy and they just need you to be there for them and you are - with infinite amounts of love!

Sheree & smudgie - sorry to hear you guys are having bf issues. OUCH on the mastitis - I have been so lucky not have gotten it but a lot of my friends have had it. I can't imagine!! Donna - keep spirits up and think really positively when you are expressing/feeding :-)

And have to admit - am so happy not to have any visits from AF yet! Although I think it may eventuate sooner than later - I have found the kick back into normal hormones has found me rather moody. I am fairly aware of these things as I am on anti depressants as well and keep that sort of thing in check - this is definitely hormone related lol. Hoping it's not PMT!

Am looking forward to the weekend - my mum is having Liv for tomorrow and Sat night and on Sat night Charli is going to the MILs place while we go for dinner & movie. I am HANGING out for a date night! Even if that doesn't happen the Liv free time will actually be a blessing in itself. Poor girl has just had croupe and we have been cooped up at home... talk about cabin fever!

Stay well & happy lovely girls! xo

Sorry to hear that some of you are having issues with BFing.. I'm a little engorged at the moment because I'm putting Josie on formula. If I was going to be at home full time I would have kept breastfeeding to six months but it's really hard to express at work. I'm having to skip my lunch so that I can do it and I don't think it's healthy. Aside from that I'm really sick of breast pads and horrible, ugly maternity bras! I want to be me again.. Plus it's easier for the day care to feed her formula.

On a lighter note, even though my boobs hurt, we're going out to tea tonight for my birthday and my cans are going to look great!! hahaha!

Hope your bubbas are going well - Smudgies Mum, I'm going to be starting Josie on Farex soon too. I think I might do it this weekend. My CHN tore shreds off me because I said that I was going to try Josie on food prior to six months. The Farex box says from 4 months anyway. She can hold her head up fine without a problem and is very interested in whatever I'm eating so I'm sure that a little bit of baby rice here and there isn't going to hurt. I was told that you make sure you give them their bottle and then you feed them a little bit here and there during their "playtime".

Hope everyone has a lovely Friday!

Coop had his 4 months shots today he handled them so well last time and I wish the same could be said for today but wasn't the case! He hardly whimpered with his 2 month jabs but this morning he screamed and than cried and cried and cried, first time I have seen tears in his eyes, admitably there were tears in my eyes also! He has a mild temp and is super grizzly, oh why can't i have one of those bubs who sleeps for hours after! Want to write more but Coop has different plans.. bbl i hope

ROFL Emma - if you got em flaunt em!

tan - I haven't taken Charli to her jabs yet - she has a cold but have booked in at the docs for next week. I am not looking forward to them as I found with Liv that the further you went along the worse they were with them under 1. I hope Coop gets over his temp and stuff VERY quickly!

Well I spoke too soon lol. I have the start of mastitis in my left breast... oh yay. I have been trying to do what I can tonight but it's still so sore and still lumpy. Boo hoo. I have never had it before. What have you been doing for it sheree? SO typical. I have offloaded LIv for a couple of nights and here I am with this going on. I guess I should be grateful that I don't have to deal with a 4 year old at the same time huh?

LOL @ Emma... go you sexy thang

Well I think I nipped it in the bud in time.. my breast isn't lumpy anymore and although it's a bit sore from the experience I think it's ok. Here's hoping it stays ok.

I have a cold (no surprises since the girls both have them). What can I take while breastfeeding??

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast