Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Babies Born June 16th - 30th 2008

Tan: That sounds promising (about you DP's mum) Taylor and I will keep our fingers and toes crossed for you.

I found flavoured farex at the shop the other day..... Banana mmmmm Taylor doesnt mind this one so much but I wonder if maybe its the texture of it that she isnt enjoying. Im watching her drink her bottle now.... we bought the avent handles to put on the bottles, ahhhh so independant.

I have officially stopped breastfeeding, which is a bit sad but I do want to go back to work and I gave it a fair go I think. I wont feel guilty about it but maybe a little sad for awhile, Ill miss the closeness.

I have a second interview tomorrow for a job I REALLY want. Its in property again but for a massive company, its 3 days a week so its perfect except for the location but we will see how we go getting home in time to pick up Taylor, Im sure we can get DP to have his meetings on nights when Im not at work because he can finish early and is at the train stations door step so he could pick her up at around 5.30 whereas I would be around 15 minutes behind him because I would have to walk 10 minutes to the station from work and the centre closes at 6. If I get the job I can request to finish slightly earlier and start earlier but I wont get ahead of myself. I just want to go to the interview witghout sounding as desperate as I must have in my first one. I just really want this one.

Satya: We went to a party a few weeks ago and felt funny as we were the only one with a child (albeit because we were the only ones who actually had kids) but she was quiet and went straight to bed without hassle so she wasnt really in the way. I dont feel guilty about taking her just a bit awkward when she was awake. I feel more guilty trying a get people to babysit!!

Tan: I love the sound of this mothers helping others, Let me know how you go. I think we are all in the same position Taylor wants to be fed more often at the moment. In saying that she has 3 meals a day and 5 bottles Im too scared to take her off the dreamfeed (like my MCN said) because she is eating so much. However i do know bubs have their last big growth spurt at 6 months so maybe thats it.

Well I better go and get Taylors Cereal ready now that she finished her bottle.

Oh and I had Taylor out the other day like you Tan and the only thing my dad had (with a 8 month old in the house so I dunno why its all he had) was egg custard. I didnt realise how much sugar it had in it but I had no choice.... they had bananas that I was going to mush up but they were green still. Anyways although Taylor didnt get a rash she had the runs the next day. It was yucky.... wont be giving her that again any time soon. Cant say im sad that it happened..... dont want her getting a sweet tooth already.

Ive got bear in the big blue house on and Taylor is scared on it........ its on ABC and she wont take her eyes of him and is crying..... hrmmmm

Smudgies mum - hope you get that job.

Tan - I'm back at work Feb 2. It's great that you guys are getting on better. I hope it lasts. Hope your MIL is doing OK.

Brock now loves anything with banana in it. He's so close to crawling it's not funny (bit scary). He gets up on hands & knees and rocks - usually ends up going backwards. At other times he gets up on his toes & hands & his head goes to the ground, looks really odd. He can drag himself forward & rolls everywhere so if I leave the room I never know where I'll find him a minute later. He managed to turn the TV off the other day - it's one of those ginormous ones that doesn't go on a stand & he can reach the controls if he goes on hands & knees. It's so hard to keep up with him now, can't imagine what it will be like once he actually starts crawling.

YAHHHHOOOOOO I got the job. I start on 7 January and may have to go interstate for some training. Very exciting, means I have to go shoppng for new clothes my prepreg ones are all a bit too big. It will be strange to go shopping for myself.

Satya: Taylor loves banana too, her absolute favourite food, followed closely by cauliflower and then banana flavoured farex. Taylor has started an army crawl, she gave herself a bruise the other day, I walked out of the lounge for literally 2 minutes and she had crawled halfway across the room to her bouncer and got stuck on the metal foot of it. Scary, not sure I ever want her mobile LOL.

Taylor is screaming DADADADADADADADADAD when she gets frustrated or angry now, it took 3 days for DP to actually hear her do it which was a bit sad but its funny now coz every time she does it he goes running to her LOL.

Well I dont think Ill be back on before the holidays, so much to do now. I hope everyone has a fantastic Xmas and New year and keep safe. I cant wait to hear all the first Christmas stories.

congrats on the job Smudgiesmum. How exciting that Taylor is starting to talk & crawl - fun and games on the way with all that movement.

Brock started to crawl this morning. He's doing what I think is called an elephant crawl. Head down on hands & tippy toes. Think he might be about to have another growth spurt. He only just ate food an hour ago & now he's had 250mls of milk when he usually only has 200mls (less this week, usually only about 150mls). Finally happy now. Took a while to work out he wanted food, not bed.

Hope everyone is ebjoying the holidays and all the first Christmas' was memorable.

Christmas was draining to say the least. It started of great with just us three, DP's fa,mily were good but my family fought and screamed and in general loud.

DP proposed on Christmas Eve. It was no big surprise really, I had a feeling he was going to LOL. Very sweet though.

Taylor is going through a rough patch, she has gone from eating everything in sight to not eating much at all. I hope this doesnt last long, I much prefer her when she is eating a lot.

Had her injections on Boxing day, slight fever and a bit grumpy but by tomorrow morning she should be back to her old self..... and if not Im not home LOL.... Im finally having a day to myself, going out for lunch with a friend yippee.

Well everyone have a safe and happy new year.

Congratulations on your engagement. I hope Taylor feels better soon.

We have Brock's injections on Monday. Hoping it all goes smoothly (touch wood).

Had a great xmas.

Hey all. I am sorry I haven't been around for a long time. Just SOOO so busy leading up to Christmas. A friend passed away from cervical cancer just before Christmas (so sad - died within 4 months of diagnosis!), had a small bingle in the car on the way to the funeral.. oh the joys, friends had babies, I had all of the families from both sides at our place for Christmas day (who's stupid idea was that!?), and Liv was sick early december with some random virus that had her with temps up to 40. Fun fun fun.

Christmas was good. Charli spent it teething and over the week of Christmas sprouted her first 2 bottom front teeth. She actually coped really well! She's a lot more grizzly now they are actually through poor little thing. Liv is just off her tree from all the events, sugar & presents and just is all out of routine and whack with sleep etc. Happy to have DH at home for this week!

Congrats on the engagement smudgie!!!! That's so lovely!!! Must have enjoyed having a day to yourself too!

DH and a cousin and I all went and saw "the curious case of benjamin button" on boxing day - awesome story but be warned if you go - it's almost a 3 hour movie! I didn't realise and we got back to my mums very late and Charli was very over it - not asleep! It was so nice to go to the movies though. Been years since we'd been to a movie on Boxing day!

Hope you are all enjoying your post Christmas relax?? xo

Quote Originally Posted by satya View Post
    We have Brock's injections on Monday. Hoping it all goes smoothly (touch wood).
    good luck! Charli's is next Monday!

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's passing Livyloosmum. Sounds like you've been busy.

Brock has a tooth sprouting at the moment. He's coping very well with it. Hardly any different at all but dribbling a lot & has a teething rash some days. He didn't even cry when he had his needles. He frowned with the first one, then with the second he put a real sad face on and whimpered and then was over it. Very brave boy.

Well it looks like I'm headed for single motherhood. My DF & I busted up last night & I am determined this time will be the last time. We've busted twice before for exactly the same reasons and I can't keep going through the same stuff every year to 18 months. Not feeling that great about it but I guess that's to be expected. It's amazing what a difference a week can make - fantastic family Xmas then a horrible lonely NYE.

satya - oh no! What a huge thing to happen. I hope that everything sorts through smoothly and that you can work out things easily with kids and so on. I am sorry that it's happened but if it's the right thing then surely things will only be better right? Hang in there!

*hugs*

Thanks. I may have over reacted a little. He's back at the house and we are trying to sort things out. Looks like there could be hope. I am over reacting to things big time these days. There are two ladies in my mums group who are ready to walk out on their partners at the moment so I'm starting to wonder if we are all just still adjusting to motherhood & getting used to the fact that our partner's (for us three anyway) aren't helping us with bubs as much as we'd have liked them to. Anyway all is well in the household today. Brock's tooth is feeling really sharp & he's continuing to be really good. The dribble is driving me nuts. It's also making his eczema flare up & he's starting to chuck more often again. His crawling is getting a little faster. I really must baby proof the house and get a gate to keep him out of the kitchen.

Satya: I hope you and DF have sorted things out. DF and I had weeks of couples counselling after Taylor was born and I can tell you it was hard and often caused more trouble then what were were having before we started them. Our arguements peaked in the weeks we had counselling but we stopped in October or November I think and we havent had one fight since. I think adjusting to a new family is a HUGE part of instability for the first while, my friend went through the same thing as me. I think that sometimes so much focus is taken away from your relationship and its all put on the baby that you forget how to deal with each other, during fights and forget to cherish each other when you get a moment alone...... after awhile if you cant stop you just 'live' together...... does that make sense.

Livy: Thats terrible about your friend, such a shock and so quickly. Its not the most sensitive thing to say but its a story like that when I thank my lucky stars that when I got Taylors injection last week I also remembered to have my cervical cancer vaccine too. My condolences.
    Christmas is a horrible time, it takes so much energy out of you. I was actually thinking that next year we should have Xmas at our place but not after seeing my families this year LOL.

I want to see Benjamin Button, thanks for the heads up. I would have been looking at my watch every 10 minutes half way through it wondering when I would be able to get pick up Taylor.

Well not a whole lot to report on this end. I'm beginning to wonder if Taylor has hayfever and thats the cause of her sniffles and constant sneezes. Its quite funny because Ill sneeze 4 times in a row then she will start as well.

We got 6 month pixifotos of Taylor and I started to feel dizzy while picking out the photos we wanted that I rushed through them and ended up buying 2 sets of all of them and the cd..... idiot.... doesnt matter its paid for now and Im sure we can give some away. She doesnt smile at strangers so she looked a bit stunned in some of the photos.

Back at work on Wednesday..... what is it with people looking down at me for going back to work. At least its not full time. But if I have to politely smile back at one of those 'you should be staying home' looks or one of those 'oh they take children that young at childcare' or 'oh you wont be looking after her, where will she go' comments I think I will cry. I dont want to go back to work, but for so many different reasons I have to....... I want to spend as much time with DD as I possibly can but I also want her to have a SISTER LOL and buy a house and open a trust fund for her and give her swimming lessons and so on and so on. Spending time with her was my top priority which is why I am working 3 days instead of full time, but no one wants to listen to my story - not that I should have to defend myself to anyone - so now you guys had to listen to it lol.

Anyways Im exhausted so Im off. Hope everyone had an non-eventful happy new year.

Smudgies mum - It would be lovely if we lived in a perfect world and all mums who wanted to stay home could do so. I really don't want to go back but if I don't we would lose our house so back I go. I have to go full time as at the moment my boss is only offering 30 hours or 40 hours. 30 hours means paying for 4 days of day care which is more than a full week so full time it is.... for now. If things don't work out with DF & I, I have decided I will quit work and concentrate on being mum - the house would have to be sold & I'd just rent. I'd go back to work part time when he went to school. So I guess, if it doesn't work out there is a silver lining. Things are still very tense in our household & I honestly don't feel that confident about things. Will have to wait and see what happens.

Brock is now crawling quite quickly so it's getting harder to keep up with him. I've also got a recurring problem with shoulder pain which has got worse since giving birth & picking him up all the time isn't helping. The doc can't find anything wrong with my shoulder at all so have to put up with it.

Brock is now starting to be more awake at night & he's been up til about 9.30 every night for about a week. I keep trying to put him down but he's just way too awake. I think I'll really like this though once I'm back at work as at least I'll get to see more of him - he used to go to sleep at 7-7.30.

Satya: I am very sorry to hear things havent improved yet. I know its hard going back to work and maybe I am just being spoilt. Things are tense now here coz to be honest I resent Dave, well less Dave and more his boss, As soon as someone mentions Taylor at work I get upset. We looked into putting Taylor into Kids on Collins because I am literally across the road and I could visit at lunchtimes and I wouldnt be watching the clock and feeling so rushed to get home and see her but when I spoke to them today they were so vague about how long the waiting lists were and numerous other details. Anyway, Im going to look into doing family day care, The course (unfortunately because I started working I wont qualify anymore for the government freebie) is about $1500 and I can do it from home. The outlay and our rent will be tax deductable and because I would be doing it everyday I would actually earn more money and the benefits tax wise are another bonus. Even if I only took in 2 kids (the limit is 4 plus Taylor) I would earn slightly more then now and get the benefit of tax deductable rent, toys, food, computer, internet. Its just really getting me down now being with her. Its been made worse because she had just woken up when I came to pick her up the other day and she was screaming, as soon as I picked her up she smiled. I cant imagine how she feels waking up without mummy or daddy there to say hello. She just doesnt understand that we will be there soon.

Anyways enough dreary stuff. Taylor is on the move too.... and she wants anything except her toys. Our shoes, my computer, the heater, the power cords, the highchair or the jolly jumper frame. Time to kiddie proof the house!!!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617