Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 16th - 30th 2008

Finally a day where my stitches (not that they are there anymore, they floated off in the bath about a week ago) aren't sore. Yay!!!!!!

Had a visit from the lactation consultant today. She said Brock still has the instinct in him to get on the breast so to try to keep putting him on and to keep expressing, but not to worry if I choose to just go 100% formula, seeing I'm not able to give him much EBM anyway. I think I will keep expressing for another 3 weeks (while I still have the electric pump) and then reassess things then. When she walked in the door she said "ooh he's thriving", so at least I know what I'm doing is working well. She also said his head/neck was really strong, which is what we thought, but it's nice to have it confirmed.

Have had to start to put his 0000 bonds suits away as they are too tight across the chest on him already. At least I know he's growing.

:woot: Just had to post, while I sit here expressing, it looks as though the Motilium is working, expressing is going to be a lot quicker now, the milk is pouring out - yeah - finally!!!!!

I think we will be in the 00000's for a while longer, a lot of them are still a bit big for Nakita!

OMG Cooper is one month old today! Sometimes I look at him and think this is all so surreal... i have a son! We have been having some horrid days, poor lil fella is suffering from wind! I have tried gripe water, infants friend and am keeping an eye on foods i eat and still cant eliminate the problem! He screamed all day thursday but than slept for 7 hr 45 min that night.. i guess i am willing to sacrafice bad days for good nights!

We take our second plane trip in his little life (such a good traveller!) this Thursday. Fly down to Brisbane and meet DP at the airport than drive back down to Coffs. DP has his 9 days off and they couldnt come sooner, the poor guy is sounding sader and sader each phonecall! Cooper and I are staying down there until our 6 week checks and than moving up to North Queensland on a permanent basis. DP can fly in and out from anywhere and being home alone for 28 days is just too much! My parents are over the moon, I am sure Cooper will handle being spoilt rotten and I will be eternally grateful for the help and support they provide!

Anyway, better do something productive whilst I have the chance.. its not often he sleeps during the day! Take care Mummas and Bubbas!

Brock is a month old today.

He's grown 1.5 cms & is now a little over 4kgs.

I'm only expressing a little as my milk is disappearing so it appears that he is growing nicely despite the formula feeding.

Our car broke down late on Sat night on a freeway. It was pouring rain and was a very scary wait for help. Both Brock and his sister slept throughout the drama. It took 1/2 an hour for the tow truck to arrive (RACV say it's too dangerous for them to send a patrolman to look at a car on the side of a freeway, gee that made me feel safe sitting there with a newborn in the car) then another 1/2 hour for the taxi to arrive. The taxi didn't have the bolt things for a baby seat so I had to carry Brock home in my arms. Luckily it was only a 5 min trip home from there but it was very scary - I felt sure the taxi was going to stack. It didn't. Turns out we had bad petrol (note to self, don't let the fuel go down below 1/4 of a tank, regardless of petrol prices) and the car is working perfectly.

Satya - My gosh a month goes by quickly doesn't it! So good to hear Brock is growing and that the three of you managed to survive your car drama!

DS is having a fabulous day - TOUCHWOOD - no signs of the horrid W word.. so very very over wind! To see him sleeping during the day and not screaming as he has done for the good part of a week is BLISS! Although this more than likely means that come tonight he won't be as exhausted as he has been and therefore he probably wont sleep for the 6-8 hours that i have become accustomed to! Oh well.. its about him not me anyway!

Hope everyone is enjoying motherhood and all the bubbas are thriving!
    Tan

I also have a one month old child! amazing!!!

Satya, that soulds like an awful experience, glad the children slept through it!!

Byron is still feeding and sleeping well. Monday night he went to bed at 9:30pm, I fed him at 2:30am then not until 6:30am so I slept really well, He seems to be a good sleeper like his Daddy (who sleeps through the night time feeds, unless I kick him if I need help!!).

Hope everyone is enjoying their beautiful bubs, I am! That's why I am hardly ever online!

Nakita put on 170grams!!

So proud of my little girl and I feel great, I am giving her enough boobie milk woohoo!!!!

Okay sorry about that, was just a little bit excited, I finally feel like I am giving her enough, and especially since she lost weight on dishcharge and at her first weigh in, I am soo relieved!!

I can't believe that Nakita will be four weeks onld on Monday, OMG it has gone sooo quickly!!

OMG Satya, so glad you go through the drama!! How cute that bub's just slept through the whole thing!! Brock is doing great, 4kg and 1.5 cm, brilliant!!

EJM sounds like you have had some great sleeping!!

:woot: for the great day Tan!! I posted in the WooHoo Room yesterday was having such a great day!! Bugger about the wind, nakita has been experiencing it lot more now, it was bliss before, feed, her put her down, and sleep, now she gets a lot more wind so lots of burping, I have infants friend too, tried it once, might have to try it again! She gets the hiccups a lot as well.

Nakita has been a bit more erratic the last two nights, 9pm feed then 1am, then 5am, four hourly on the clock, I preferred when I could get a 3 hour sleep then a 5 hour! Am feeding her a little later today to see if I can stretch her back out to 10pm feed tonight then 2 am'ish!

Well I though about having a nap but not really tired so I might as well ahve some breakfast and do some stuff around the house, and have a shower!

Love to Mums and Bubs
    Last edited by *Beema*; July 24th, 2008 at 11:46 AM.

Morning!

Well done Nakita!! And Beema! That is awesome! So proud of both of you!!

Flynn is a little fatty! He is averaging 200-250gms a week! Probably more! He put on 1kg from birth to 4 weeks old. The health nurse said that he is machine and is doing really well considering he was nearly 4 weeks early! Has a bit of catching up to do but should do it no worries with the amount he is drinking.

Satya, what an ordeal! Its times like that I'm glad that 1. My DH is an auto electrician, 2. We live in small town where it takes 5 mins to get from one side of town to the other and 3. My parents, DH's parents, my sister and DH's sister all live here so someone could come and rescue us if needed. Unreal how kids can sleep through things like that isn't it?

Tan, hope your bub is having another good day today! Did he sleep well last night?

EJM, Byron's feeding and waking times at night are exactly the same as Flynn's. It's nice to get good sleep isn't it?

take care
    Jean

Sorry no personals, just heading out the door. We have to drive to Emerald an hour away to catch a plane to Brissy to get Riley's circumcision and tongue tie done. And we have a wedding too!

Riley has put on 1.44kgs in 3.5 weeks. I have a little chubba!! This week he hit an all time record and put on 540grams in the one week, previous week before that 510grams and the 10 days prior to that 400. He now weighs 4.66kgs, so 10lb 4 oz I think. He was born at 7lb 10oz, so we have put on 1lb a week roughly.

Makes a big change from my first born, he was always sooooo teeny and never put on barely any weight. We were excited when he put on 60 or 80grams a week. He just never thrived.

So I am so proud seeing as I am still breast feeding and going so strong.

We had so many issues with my first born that this really excites me. My first born was severe reflux and tube fed for months because he refused to feed. So so stressful. So I think i deserve a good baby.

Although in the last 24 hours he has come down with a cold. Ohhh this is the pits, he can't breathe thru the night it is so horrible.

Anyway best run, hi to all and your bubbas.

Talk when we get back.

Hi everyone.

Sheree - glad to hear that everything is gonig well with Riley. Although can I ask, what is a tongue tie?

Well usually bub wakes up a couple of times a night, but last night she refused to go to sleep. She cried for about two and a half hours and I was at my wits end. I tried feeding her, changing her, rocking or patting her to get her to settle, and nothing was working. Luke's out of town untli this afternoon and it's so typical that something like this would happen while he is away. By the end I was so frustrated and I just cried my eyes out. Eventually I got her to settle on her side on my tummy... but I ended up having to co-sleep with her. She woke up once after that for a feed and we woke up at around 7.30 this morning.
    I think it must have been a really bad belly ache or something that did it, and I think towards the end she was just overtired which is why she wouldn't settle. Either way it really tested my patience and I felt like a horrible parent because at one point I yelled at her which of course made her even more upset...

Emma - of course a night like that happens when partners aren't around. I've only had one night like that so far and DF was at a neighbour's house having a lovely time at a bonfire. He didn't seem to understand how upset I was getting but he certainly did when he arrived home. It's just so upsetting when they wont settle isn't it? Trouble is if you cry it makes them worse, but you just can't help yourself. It's a catch 22.

Brock skipped a feed last night. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First time ever. He was a bit unsettled (not crying though) and just wouldn't sleep after his 9pm feed. I eventually took him into bed with us to wait another 1/2 hour til he was due for his midnight feed and woke up to him making noise at 3.30am. 6 & 1/2 hours between feeds. Hope we see some more of this at night (without the wakefulness beforehand of course).

He's very alert today but can't seem to manage to keep his dummy in his mouth so keeps crying for me to put it back in.

Barely a day goes by that he doesn't do a projectile vomit. He did one on Sunday all over my SIL's couch and floor (and himself). Luckily she has a 5 month old and remembers this stage quite well. He also did it on the way there - completely covered the blanket that was covering him in the car. Thankfully didn't get his clothes as we were on the way to a baptism and he was dressed nicely. At least he didn't get me. He's very good at completely covering me usually - he did on Friday night at my parents, yesterday & this morning at home. My health nurse says some babies just do this and to keep him as upright as possible after a feed. I have to learn to stop trying to put the bottle in his mouth once he rejects it or shakes his head, if I forget and perservere I always regret it.

Ahh, vomiting.. I hate it, hahaha.. dont' mind if it's a dribble, but sometimes if you're holding bub up after a feed and trying to burp her and think she's ok, and then go to change her and she pukes everywhere, not fun!!

Yay looks like she's sleeping!! Although this happened to me before. She fell asleep earlier and I thought I would be able to get her into her bed but to no avail. I shall try again!

Emma, I know what you mean about getting frustrated and having a bit of a cry yourself. Thats better than bottling it in! I keep thinking, how do people manage by themselves??? Sometimes when DH gets home from work it makes me relax just knowing someone is around to help. I have had an awful headache today (from being out in the cold for about 15min!!) and just let Byron sleep on me on the couch - that way I know he'll sleep longer, and I get to rest.

I think that at this age, doing anything that keeps you and baby happy is wonderful!

Satya, hope Brock continues with some big sleeps, Byron has had a few like that, but they are usually in the evening (about 4 - 10) I would rather the first night sleep to be that big! Every day seems to be different though!

Byron is dozing on the lounge next to me - using his little but trumpet as DH likes to call it, everything they do is so cute! Even that! hahaha

Hope everyone is enjoying their precious bubs!

xo

Quote Originally Posted by satya View Post
    Emma - of course a night like that happens when partners aren't around. I've only had one night like that so far and DF was at a neighbour's house having a lovely time at a bonfire. He didn't seem to understand how upset I was getting but he certainly did when he arrived home. It's just so upsetting when they wont settle isn't it? Trouble is if you cry it makes them worse, but you just can't help yourself. It's a catch 22.

Brock skipped a feed last night. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First time ever. He was a bit unsettled (not crying though) and just wouldn't sleep after his 9pm feed. I eventually took him into bed with us to wait another 1/2 hour til he was due for his midnight feed and woke up to him making noise at 3.30am. 6 & 1/2 hours between feeds. Hope we see some more of this at night (without the wakefulness beforehand of course).

He's very alert today but can't seem to manage to keep his dummy in his mouth so keeps crying for me to put it back in.

Barely a day goes by that he doesn't do a projectile vomit. He did one on Sunday all over my SIL's couch and floor (and himself). Luckily she has a 5 month old and remembers this stage quite well. He also did it on the way there - completely covered the blanket that was covering him in the car. Thankfully didn't get his clothes as we were on the way to a baptism and he was dressed nicely. At least he didn't get me. He's very good at completely covering me usually - he did on Friday night at my parents, yesterday & this morning at home. My health nurse says some babies just do this and to keep him as upright as possible after a feed. I have to learn to stop trying to put the bottle in his mouth once he rejects it or shakes his head, if I forget and perservere I always regret it.

Riley did the same on Friday night, a 6 hour stretch, we didn't know ourselves.... hehe Might have been the panadol we gave after his circumcision and tongue tie snip thou???

I think most babies vomit, and i also notice it when he has overfilled himself. My first son was the worst vomitter ever, but Riley isn't as bad thank god. At least his milk is curdely, whereas Lachlan's was always straight milk, never even tried to digest and he would vomit for the whole 2 hours in between feeds, even right before the next feed, whereas i don't find Riley is like that - THANK GOD! We use to go thru so many clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by xxSerendipityxx View Post
    Ahh, vomiting.. I hate it, hahaha.. dont' mind if it's a dribble, but sometimes if you're holding bub up after a feed and trying to burp her and think she's ok, and then go to change her and she pukes everywhere, not fun!!

Yay looks like she's sleeping!! Although this happened to me before. She fell asleep earlier and I thought I would be able to get her into her bed but to no avail. I shall try again!
    They are good tricksters huh! My boy is unbelievable, you think they are asleep and then whallaaa bright eyed and bushy tailed!

Quote Originally Posted by EJM View Post
    Emma, I know what you mean about getting frustrated and having a bit of a cry yourself. Thats better than bottling it in! I keep thinking, how do people manage by themselves??? Sometimes when DH gets home from work it makes me relax just knowing someone is around to help. I have had an awful headache today (from being out in the cold for about 15min!!) and just let Byron sleep on me on the couch - that way I know he'll sleep longer, and I get to rest.

I think that at this age, doing anything that keeps you and baby happy is wonderful!

Satya, hope Brock continues with some big sleeps, Byron has had a few like that, but they are usually in the evening (about 4 - 10) I would rather the first night sleep to be that big! Every day seems to be different though!

Byron is dozing on the lounge next to me - using his little but trumpet as DH likes to call it, everything they do is so cute! Even that! hahaha

Hope everyone is enjoying their precious bubs!

xo
    yes I agree with you there. How do single mothers do it, with no help! Also I think TWINS omg, that would be hard too! I like you love it when Wade gets home, esp having a toddler to contend with this time too!

Hi!

Flynn has just started to spew as well. His is overfeeding. He is such a guts sometimes. He is a sucker too which I'm now starting to differentiate between a feed or dummy time. He is also a bit stubborn (which he obviously gets from his father..lol!) and sometimes takes a long time to get the dummy into his mouth even though he really wants to suck on something. AARRGGHH, so frustrating.

My last child, Rory, was such a wonderful baby. Don't get me wrong, Flynn is a good boy but he has nothing on his sister. William was a happy baby, but a terrible sleeper. Rory was perfect all round. Fed brilliantly, slept thru from 2 weeks old, hardly cried and was always happy and smiling. Plus she was a bit sickly (croupe and always got everything that was going around twice as bad as everyone else) but was always smiling.

Flynn has just started the 'pick me up thing'. You know, he's fed, clean bum but starts crying and as soon as we pick him up, the mouth stops. Put him down and he starts screaming again. Poor kid, he doesn't get picked up half as much as the other two did, but sometimes I just can't pick him up. Will is building something and needs my help, Rory is into something and I'm trying to get dinner ready and he just has to cry. I feel terrible but I'm just too busy.

Anyway, had my rant. Flynn is crying, Will is sick, Rory is drawing on things and my DH is cracking the ****s about something.

Take care
    Jean.

Ohhh Jean, big hugs to you.

I am also finding when Riley is awake he just wants to be held. Hard to do this when you are running house and looking after a toddler.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast