Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 16th - 30th 2008

Ainsley - I can't comment on why you feel that guilt as it's a situation I've never been in. I came from parents who are still happily married and of course never had a child with my ex (thank god) so it's all foreign to me. I do know that I felt guilt walking away from my marriage even though my ex was mentally ill (from a work accident that lead to depression and excess alcohol & drug use, then ultimately mental illness). I somehow felt I should've been able to fix the situation - but I can look back on it now and see I could never have fixed it. I think we as women hold a lot of guilt for things we just can't influence and we'd be a lot better off if we could just put that guilt to the side. Well done Alistair. Keep up the good work for mum.

Tan - that must suck with your DP being away so much. Does he work in the mines? It's the only thing I can think of that would take him away for so long, but I guess there are other things. It sucks when exes change their minds like that. We have it all the time. She will tell us we can have her for school hols then she cracks it and tells us we can't. Then she'll change her mind and let us have her. Then she'll change the day or time of day she wants to pick her up. It's painful and we only live a couple of suburbs away. I can't imagine how difficult it is when there is distance involved. DF and I would love to sell up and buy elsewhere - we like the look of both Ballarat and Geelong but think the distance would cause issues with access so it's not likely to happen. Maybe when she's older we can consider it again.

Things are nice and calm in our household again. DF is having second thoughts about the OS holiday and also about shift work. Generally when he has doubts like that he doesn't go ahead. We will have to wait and see.

Regardless of what time Brock goes down at night (somewhere between 7.30 - 9.30) he is always waking up at 6.30. He's like a little alarm clock. It will be quite handy once I'm back at work. I start at 8.30 and don't need to leave til about 8.10 so it should give me enough time to get him sorted, me sorted, him dropped at day care and me on my way. Of course I'm presuming he'll still be doing this in Feb, and he may not.

Hi everyone!

HAve been MIA for a while. Things are extremely busy in our business so have been neglecting BB! Sorry!!

Flynn is fantastic. He is teething atm. Constantly chewing his hand, dribbling everywhere and I can see where his tooth is about to come thru. YAY!!!

He is also SLEEPING THRU!!! BIG YAY!!!! Has been for about a week now. Its so nice to not get woken up during the night. I feel so refreshed in the morning. *sigh*

He is quite a fatty too He is trying so hard to sit up but can't even roll over yet! I keep telling him he's doing it in the wrong order!!

He is such a happy, easy baby, I am truly blessed! Will and Rory still adore him and smother him a bit but he adores them right back. He saves his really big smiles and laughs for them. Its just gorgeous

That's all I have time for today, sorry for the me post but I didn't have time to read back thru. I hope everyone is well and that your bub's are also well.

Take care everyone
    Jean

P.S. I am having my first day away from Flynn on Saturday. We have the races here and its bascially the biggest social event of the year so I am really looking forward to it. Have a new dress, shoes, bag and fascinator too!! Yippee!!! (if you can't tell, I love dressing up to the nines!!)

bubNo.2 Guest

HI ladies

Well the old AF isnt being nice she is really reminding me that she is back with vengence!!!

Our little Alli put on a real little show last night, if i didnt know any better i would swear it was a 3 mth old tired tantrum lol.... it went on and on off and on sine 5pm til 8 30pm when he decided to crsah in the bassinett pram....then he didnt wake til 6 am. This pram he adores it must remind him of inside mum as sometimes after walks he slides down and has frog legs and is all curled up but sound alseep!
    He is asleep in pram sa i type and im hoping it wont be a cat nap as im bugered with AF and i could actually sleep for hours myself. Arghhh the days where i doped myself up crawled into bed with my hot wheat pack and hybernated for 2 days !!!!

I think i know why scott is a tad insecure and gets the jealous twinge about my old friend is that scott thinks he is tooo overweight and is very very busy/stressed with work atm. He has joined a gym and they reckon they can get him down 20kg by our wedding in March! He is a 40yr old man so i said com' on aim for 10kg and see how you feel. I love you the way you are but if you want to go to the gym ... have fun! Just dont ask me to go lol
    (i prefer swimming)

Oh and girls im still being dotted on left right and centre by DF and the cuddles and kisses (we should have fights more often just for the rewards lol just kidding)

I was to work today but the old AF is playing up and my hearing is weird... i hope im not getting a virus. It feels like everything is loud ... i was heating up Allis bottle in microwave at 6am and had the kettle on as well well i couldnt stand the noise it sounded all muffled but loud so i had to leave and stand in the other room. Im not dizzy or anything and im not pregnant obviously as AF is here. Has anyone else had this ear/hearing thing?

It is such a LONNNG day when you start at 6am and especially when Alli only cat naps.

Talk soon
    xx

bubNo.2 Guest

Where is everyone?????

Why does me 8 yrs old always have to back chat and have attitude.... dont worry i dont let him get away with it but for god sake im over it!

example: he jammed his finger in door cried his heart out (there was no blood just going to be a bruise) i ran it under cold water and said all the right things then said chin up dry your tears . As his and DSS Lachlan were doing a grocery shop down the street i asked tom to wait as i get the cards but no he had to open the front door and said 'i can wait with the door open (he just jammed his finger derr). I said or rather yelled and said 'stop bloody having the last say and do what i ask and i saw him mumble something under his breath. So i yelled at him again about attitude gave him a smack and told him to get down the street as i cant handle a moping sulky kid! grrrrr KIDS and i just had another lol. We have tried everyhing and Tom is really good for a few days then he goes back to the back chat attitude kid .... which he never was when it was just me and him! Ah well he'll learn i suppose and school goes back next week thank god!

Plus im working this afternoon yay!!!

Cheers Ainsley

Hi Ainsley - I was here yesterday but my post isn't. It was quite a large one - bit weird. For the life of me I can't remember what I posted about. I hope I didn't offend someone and it got removed. Probably the post just didn't save. Your son is like that cos he's male - end of story.

Well it was "family night" at our house last night. Plan was for DF, Brock and I to go out to dinner. One of our newly single neighbours came over not long before it was time to go out and DF asked him to join us and then turned to me and said you don't mind do you? How exactly can you say well yes I do!!!!! Anyway it was a nice dinner and the neighbour was good company so I couldn't really complain. We get home and just get in the door when another mate arrives unannounced. He'd been fighting with his fiance so came to us in distress. Some family night.

Just remembered what I posted about. In our street in the last month (maybe two months) we have had 3 couples split up on the other side of the road - six houses in a row and in every second house the couple has split. The latest one happened the other night and I got very little sleep as it was all pretty nasty and my DF was at the house when it all went down. I'm very glad I live on the other side of the road is all I can say.

Better go. Brock is cooing away I think he might like some attention.

DSD and DP arrived safely! There was some jealousy to begin with - seeing her daddy kissing and cuddling someone other than her must of been hard I admit but has since really warmed to the idea of becoming a big sister! I think Coop has handled it really well too, let's face it he has barely seen his daddy and there is someone else wanting a piece of him too! Very overwhelming being passed around like a football from dad to sissy, back to dad, over to sissy again! We have managed to squeeze in a few 'fun' things in the time DSD has been here - for DSD fun = money being spent on her! We have been to the movies (twice), sugarworld (a waterslide park), tenpin bowling and gokarting. Not a cheap 4 days!! DSD threw the biggest tantrum at toysrus, she has already asked DP for a ripboard (some fancy smancy expensive skate board thing) and he told her she might get it for XMAS and because we were buying Coop a jolly jumper she thought she deserved it there and than.. i normally try to keep out of there arguements but couldnt help but say "wouldn't you be sad if dad bought it for you now and than on xmas you got nothing?" her response "like mum would let him not get me anything" attitude plus, 7 going on 17 i tell ya! I sent the two of them (DSD & DP) out this morning, I got a horrible phonecall from a GF in Coffs and needed time by myself. She was 5 months pregnant and developed an infection that resulted in her having to induced, bub didnt make it She has a 5 yr old daughter and has been TTC since Freya was 1. She has had numerous miscarriages so is no stranger to loss but to have gotten so far along this time.. just devastating! They cremate him on Monday and she seems to think that will bring some closure... so sad! DP flies back to Sydney with DSD tomorrow - im still spittin chips over that - and I am hosting 'our' friends for the footy final GO THE STORM - if his return flight isn't delayed he should be home by the time everyone is ready to leave. I am thinking I shall leave the washing up for him seeing as how I have to prepare and cook everything with bub to contend with. So that's my update, have run out of time for personals, next time perhaps!

Satya: My last post disappeared as well.... weird

Sorry no personals, in a bit of a rush.

Taylor has learnt to blow raspberries. It was so very cute the first day coz she would copy whenever I did it but now whenever she is bored or tired she does it and dribbles everywhere. She even did it after a bit of a vomited and sprayed it everywhere. I shouldnt complain at least she isnt eating her hands so much any more.

She is watching sesame street at the moment and smiling at Elmo lol.

We bought a black out blind yesterday, more for the heat getting into her room in the afternoons then anything else, but in the nect couple of days we are going to move her into her own room. Its still chilly at nights here so I need to try and stop wrapping her and put her in a sleeping bag instead. Will see how we go.

First day at Childcare on Wednesday.... scary

Had our first night out since she was born. It was nice even if it was only for an hour or so lol. I feel guilty leaving her at a babysitter. We dont have family we can leave her with so it was a friend of ours. Its not her I worry about its the babysitter. No one else I know has kids so if I leave her everyone panics when she cries.

Anyway I better go put her down for her morning catnap. Hope everyone is good.

Ainsley: I got my first AF 4 weeks after birth and I breastfeed, I was ripped off I think. Now Im on a minipill that has me bleeding all but 2 days a month - its driving me batty!!!!

Looks like after a year and a bit my cousin is finally pg. She just did IVF but only got 2 viable eggs from 14 and the first one didnt take. Its funny coz I was confirmed pg when my hcg levels were 40 and hers on Thursday were 58 and they wouldnt confirm she was pg, they did another test on Saturday and still wont confirm so she has to have another one today.

Anyway I was going to go wasnt I.....

It's gone very quiet in here. Where is everyone?

Tan - that's so awful about your friend's bub. I can't imagine how difficult a late loss like that would be to deal with. I hope she does get some closure once the cremation happens. It's great that your DSD gets on so well with Coop.

I just love daylight saving. Brock woke up yesterday morning at 7 then at 7.30 this morning. So great to get to sleep in a little longer. Far better than the 6.30 starts. We had a great weekend. Stayed with my parents Fri & Sat and then went to DF's grandfather's 70th Birthday on Sunday so there were lots of people wanting to hold Brock and feed him etc so it was a nice rest.

Smudgies mum - you must've been posting while I was. Which minipill are you on? I'm on Noriday 28. I haven't had any bleeding or spotting since taking it which is great. I am however a little concerned that all the tablets are active so think I may not get AF at all. Because of this and the fact that I don't get m/s and my pregnancy symptoms were really mild last time I've started temping. At least if I see a big temp rise I'll know I should be testing. I certainly will not complain if I get no AF if it's just because of the active tablets.

bubNo.2 Guest

it is very quiet hey?

well school went back today YAY YAY YAY!!!

I was to work today but i was cancelled at 12pm for a 2 pm start ... i hope i get to work tues and wednesday now as we are going to my 20yr school reunion this sat and we need the extra dollars so we can enjoy!

Little Alli is sitting here in his rocker staring into space... the dear little bub is sleeping 12 hours a night from 8 til 8 today and then had a bottle and a half and had another 1 1/2 sleep from about 9 30 am. Had the rest of the second bottle and now just 'chilling' . Im very lucky that i have a very placid child.
    But when he isnt happy we all know about it lol

I had a weird dream or something last night ... i was 'astrotravelling' through to my friends houses to see if they were all ok. I couldnt get through some houses but i just remember seeing the house and it was dark outside and there were stars . I remember asking how to let yourself float from your sleeping body but once i did i loved flying around whilst i was asleep. I remember waking up thinking gee that was weird but great.

Cheers Ainsley

just poking my head in to say hi and that I am around and still reading everyone's posts but am not getting a chance to hop on and do so until unearthly hours - which are killing me so have to go to bed now! Just quick update... Charli is doing well but spent most nights last week screaming. We really thought her first tooth was going to cut but somehow I think she's going to teeth for ages before it finally cuts - heaps of dribbling & sucky/chewing on her hands (doesn't like a dummy) and can see the white bumps but not cutting. Ah well. She slept most of Thursday & Friday which was freaky but nice.. growth spurt I can only think.

Hope you are all surviving :-) xo

bubNo.2 Guest

Hello girls where is everyone :

This thread is really slow atm ....now i know we have bubs but come on lol

Well no more weird dreams for me last night but i had a s h i t night sleep though....one of those nights where you get up i the morning feeling like crap and really tired!

Scott and I are REALLY organising this wedding of ours for next March. I have just put the last invite into its envelope and now we need to post them hahah all systems are moving, quite exciting actually. You see i have never been married before so im enjoying organising things so far.
    I have to put a deposit down for the catering next week and then ill have to ring the local echuca flowerist for flowers. Then next thing will be a weekend up in Echuca for Scott me and bubs to go and introduce ourselfs to everyone helping.
    The only thing thats going to really stretch my patience is Scotts thing to be absolutely PERFECT just getting the invites perfect on the computer was too annoying to watch. So i went to bed last night.
    The things i/we stil need is a celebrant, my dress, his attire, the wedding party attire music and accommodation .
    We are getting married on the Historic Wharf in Echuca then we are having a 4 hour ****tail reception on the PS Pevensey (which was in the tv miniseries All The Rivers Run) then at 7pm we can then hit the historic pub The Steam Packet Hotel for more drinks and dancing.
    Now girls fingers crossed that i DO NOT get my period on that weekend lol

This weekend Scott and i are off to Hamilton in west of victoria where i grew up.... its my 20 yr reunion for tech/high school. I cant wait as it should be a hoot. We are palming all kids off and Alli is off to his my dads for a weekend visit....so yay another weekend off !

Im going to go and get a cuppa

cheers Ainsley

Hi ladies, been having a real rough trot here.

Even though my head and eyes are sore from so much crying, I actually am feeling a little better today and more confident.

This was yesterdays post, just didn't post it (so all events are from yesterday and the night before)

I gave Riley a dreamfeed at 11pm last nite with no fuss, then he woke at 5am and fed him with no fuss. But his 9am feed didn't come off, neither did it at 11.30am (I attempted again - seeing as his 9am feed was bad). So I fed him at 3pm this arvo and no problems at all.

I rang my CHN this morning and she said straight away "reflux" - get him to the doc. She said she knew it was only a matter of time for us until I said I had had enuf. I have said a few things at times obviously but it was nothing we couldn't handle, but this past week has just been terrible and so so stressful.

So off we went to the doc at 1pm. Arrogant pig! Said to me all babies/children are different and he is never convinced it is reflux unless a very severe case like lachlan (my first son). He said I am using my past experiences get in the way. He offered no assurance or advice but did give me a script to try zantac as a trial only.

Gosh it is not like I want to go thru this or give my child meds but if it means we are both happy again..... gosh I sooo don't want to be here again, but I have no choice!

He asked me why I was crying and I looked at him and said well what do I do if he won't feed, got any suggestions. It is the stress of it! Which he obviously is oblivious too! See he was not worried as he is a big boy 6.5kgs, but he didn't even begin to think that his weight gain has been subsiding alot, didn't even ask! Just rude, but he is the only doctor in town.

I truely believe that people just don't understand unless they have been thru this. Yes my baby has been a good feeder till now hence his weight gains, but geez it is a mother's right to do what she can for her child in order for them not to go downhill. I feed him whilst asleep and during the night to keep the weight on.

A girl that works for us (which I truely adore), said but he is a healthy chubby baby (and she just kept repeating this - after me repeating but it is the refusal to feed that is just sooo hard). I know he has weight on him (luckily as Lachlan never did), but I don't want him too loose weight regardless. I just wish people would say nothing, esp when it sounds condesecending. I would like to see them in the same situation feed in feed out when your baby is in pain and crying and you can't no matter how hard you try get them to feed. I know if I had never been in this situation I would never understand the extent of the situation but I also wouldn't even try to begin to understand too and would just feel for the person.

Anyway after seeing the doc, it is confirmed he has no thrush/tongue tie is fine/no ear or throat problems.

I then walked across road to CHN. She gave me a big hug and told me I am doing nothing wrong. I asked her how often I should be feeding him and she gave me the confidence to feed him 5 hourly if it meant that we wouldn't fight and get so stressed and maybe he would have a really big feed and would have emptied the contents of his tummy from his last feed and we might have more success. I just needed to hear this from her. As it appears that is why we had a better feed at 3pm as his last decent feed was 5am. But geez that is a long time. Maybe I have been forcing feeds on him sooner then he wanted it. So hearing that is just what I needed and with her guidance we will get thru this.

Sorry for the vent and the all about us post. I will be trying very hard to get ontop of this and hope to chat to you girls soon with some good news. xoxo

Hi everyone.

'Brock is still in his PJs. Yay!!!! What's the big deal you may ask. Well normally by now he's chucked up so much over himself we are on to our 2nd or third outfit for the day (sometimes for me too). He didn't chuck in his bed or on our couch or on our carpet. No bedding to wash, no extra clothes to wash. Just 2 bibs so far today, instead of the countless bibs and clothing. I just hope the little chucks instead of the big ones last.

Sheree - It must've been so hard for you over the last few days. I know what you mean about peoples advice. People keep giving me advice when they see Brock chuck but my MCHN says if it is reflux it's mild and it's not worth worrying about as he's happy & feeding and continuing to put on weight. I even had a stranger in a shopping centre suggest it could be reflux - perhaps you could get him some thickener. She was sitting at a nearby table when he chucked twice after a feed. Honestly, can people not mind their own business??????? I hope the situation improves for you soon and everyone keeps their opinions to themselves.

Ainsley - That sure was a weird dream. I had one last night. I was pregnant and I fell off my bike (I don't even own one). I went to hossy to get checked out and made friends with the female doctor. Very strange indeed. Don't have a clue what it means but the only time I've had dreams of being pregnant is when I was pregnant with Brock. My DF had a dream a week or two ago that I was pregnant with twins so I'm starting to get a little worried about all these pregnancy dreams. Your wedding plans sound lovely. We never get around to making plans as we haven't managed to agree on what we'd like to do, plus I need to actually get divorced. Very naughty I know but I just don't want to fork out the money for it, but seeing the ex hasn't bothered initiating things, I will have to. Plus there's the cost. I wonder if we will ever get round to getting married.

Livyloos mum - good luck with the teething.

Taking DP to the airport today for another 4 week cycle.. going to be one sad mummy for the next 28 days!

Heya guys

no time to write really but thought I'd drop another one in lol.

Sheree - I am soooo sorry for the stress you have been having this past week or so. My sister in law had the same problem. My nephew was incredibly bad with the reflux. She really wanted to breast feed and so continued on for a long time by not having dairy & for a while wheat as well to see if that helped - it did mildly and she breast fed up until about 9 months and finally wanted some sleep and weight on Riley (funny it's the same name!?!?) so she weened him and he's on perscription formula and had improved immensley. I know from what she's gone through - it's hard work and can be really stressful and heart wrenching. I hope your Riley keeps on the weight and that his stomach settles!!! *hugs* Glad to hear you have a good mchn. The doctor is a loser by the sounds of it - what ashame he's the only one there!!!

satya - brock sounds like Liv was... you get so over the chucking don't ya? .. and the constant changing for yourself. I get chucked on a bit by Charli but nearly as badly.

Gotta run!

I really need to vent but first:

Sheree: What an arrogant doctor, any good doctor should know mothers intuition is best!!! It can be so frustrating when people dont listen and very upsetting when something is wrong with bubs. I hope things improve and you feel better soon.

Tan: I cant imagine how hard it is for you.

Well me:

1. PLZ NO OFFENCE TO ANY FORMULA FEEDERS. I do FF Taylor as well, I have supply problems so she only gets around 100ml of bm at a time which means the rest is supplimented.

I was talking to a friend the other day and she said why dont you let Dp do some feeds. I said well Im bfing so I cant, but i can dream of a sleep in. Its not forever.

She then says (it makes me laugh and gets me angry at the same time)

Im never breastfeeding. I love my perky boobs.

I then say things like yes but Taylor hasnt been sick yet because she gets all the good stuff, i never get caught out without food anywhere I go etc etc. Then I went on to say she gets both formula and bm. I go on to say I dont have saggy boobs, I only have little bbs so there isnt much to sag.

She said Wait until you finish bfing then they will be saggy.

Now that peed me off for obvious reasons. But it makes me laugh because:

IF YOU LOVE YOUR BODY SO MUCH THEN DONT HAVE KIDS AT ALL. Why are perky boobs so important but getting stretch marks and whatever else comes with pregnancy not matter. Superficial people grrr.

2. We have noticed that DP is spending less time with Taylor. he is working late and barely sees her when he isnt working late anyway. She cries now when she gets out the bath and I came over to talk to her just to calm her as soon as she was laughing again I walked out of the room to do something and she cried. I understand that DP is getting a bit funny about that, that she seems to cry for him more then me but he needs to understand that she spends all day with me.

When I try to point out that she is just going through a phase or when i told him she rolled from back to belly this morning I copped it. I was rubbing everything in his face. When he tries to settle her I take over. He is right I do take over but when she has cried for so long that boogies are running out her nose down her chin and her eyes are wetter then a glass of water I feel it is definately time to try something nwe to calm her down AND I GET YELLED AT FOR IT. Is there something so wrong with me for not liking hearing Taylor cry. I cant defend myself or try to diffuse the situation because he wont let me its like banging my head against a brick wall..... and i actually feel like I might get more from doing that then saying anything anyway.

I just cant get him to understand its just a mummy phase, before we know it I am sure there will be a daddy phase but I wont be allowed to get upset about that coz thats the way things work around here. DP comes First ALWAYS.

Ugh, I know where you are coming from, some people are so narrow minded when it comes to breast feeding. And as you said, I think that if they want to keep their perfect bodies then they should either adopt or just give up on the idea of kids because you can't go into something like that without knowing that your body is going to change (for better or worse!!).
    My hubby is sometimes not the best at putting Josie to sleep and doing other things either. I know he tries but sometimes he does stupid things like continuing to play his games while she's sitting there screaming (and I've only asked him to look after her while I have a shower or something). Then I get ****ty and he asks me what's wrong and I just have to think to myself, is it really worth getting into?? lol..

Big hugs to you. It is frustrating but sometimes you have to let them do their own thing so they learn how to do it. I try not to butt in because I don't want DH to think that I'm being a control freak or that I think he is hopeless.. but it's bloody hard!!

Sorry I haven't posted on here lately, I've been at work!!! Josie is teething early so I've been dealing with her grizzles pretty much as soon as I get home and often she doesn't want to go to sleep either. It's been a trying few days.

Work is going well, I think I'm getting up to date with everything. The lady who was doing part of my job had to take leave suddenly because of her ill husband, so there is a lot that is still up in the air. But we're getting there!!

Hope you are all happy and well

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast