Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 16th - 30th 2008

Sheree - yay on the big sleep - well done Riley.

Serendipity - Josie is very cute.

Tan - there's nothing wrong with FF. Sometimes you just have to go that way.

Melskys - what a big bub.

Brock has a bit of a flat side on the back of his head as he favors one side while sleeping. We are having great difficultly trying to tip him the other way - he just moves it back again. Has anyone else had issues with this and if so how did you get bubs to stay in position? For a week now he's been waking in the night once or twice so I'm looking forward to him sleeping through again when he gets over his cold.

Hey all.. I didn't realise there was a thread for us here!!! OOOOPS.. I just wrote something in our old pregnancy thingy... I will copy & paste it in here in a sec.

How is everyone?

Default this is what I had written in the other thread .. oops

HEY EVERYONE!!! Just wondering how you are all fairing with your new little darlings??? I cannot believe Charli is already 10 weeks old!!!! It's amazing how fast it's all gone and she is so big already. When Liv was born and all that I couldn't wait for the next stage and her to get bigger and so on - this time Charli is my little baby and I just want her to stay that way

Charli has been going so well. She has struggled with wind and would only pooh like every 5 days and even went as long as a week without poohing - but plenty of farting and smells going on in between . Poor thing. But she is on the other side of the 8 weeks and is starting to improve. Not to mention her immunisations helping with the pooh situation - she's been poohing away since Monday because of it.

I can't believe how amazingly well I have recovered from Charli's birth. I took months to recover from Liv's but this time has been completely different. My stitches were healed by 2 weeks and wasn't even sore there anymore at that point either!

Liv has been good in general - LOVES Charli to death and has been very helpful. Started to regress and have toilet accidents all the time, but has finally started to be good again, and has just stopped crying when we leave her at kinder or creche again. She never used to do it until bub was here. Few attention seeking behaviors at the end of the day that are driving me insane but really can't complain that much!

How are you all?? May be too busy to get on the puter hey?

Rach.xo

Hi!

Sheree, do you have any tricks when putting him to sleep? Do you feed him more often before bed? Well done you for him sleeping thru. Must be so nice to have everything going so well with his feeding. Is he a big bubba?? How is Lachlan going?

Flynn still has problems with wind. Maybe that is why he doesn't sleep thru. He grunts and farts alot but it seems to be hard for him to get out. I swear I should have shares in Infants Friend..lol!

Satya, maybe you could sleep Brock on his side with rolled up cloth nappies either side to stop him from rolling and turning his head to the favoured side?

Emma, Josie is absolutely gorgeous!!

Rach, glad to hear you've healed so well. I had to have an emergency c-section and it has taken me a long long time to recover. Very hard to handle when I'm used to natural births.

Better get back to work, take care ladies!

Jean

Had my first interupted night in quite a while.. someone came into our house and swapped my baby for one who doesn't sleep LOL! I am so used to having my 10 hours it was particularly difficult getting up every hour or so! Cooper is super snuffly so I am thinking its the beginning of this dreaded cold that has been going around! I have had the vapouriser going to see if I can shift some of the mucus (good god muscus is a horrible word!) off his chest and he has had two really good sleeps thus far this morning and is well into his third for the day - fingers crossed.

Glad you found us Rach!! I adore the name Charli, would have been Cooper's name had he not been born with a 'spout' hehehe! Coop had similar dramas with wind and foul smelling bottom burps as a result of only pooing on tuesdays which we renamed poosday! His system sorted its self out after four weeks and he is now a pooing machine! Good to hear Liv has come around to the idea of having a lil sister! It can't be an easy adjustment!

Satya, Cooper tends to lay on his left side and subsequently has a flat spot also and as with Brock no matter how many times I move his lil noggin he just rolls on over again! Is it something to do with how they were positioned in the womb?? Anywho, intially tried rolling a nappy and placing it under the fitted sheet but he would roll over still and I was paranoid it would hinder his breathing! We have since placed a mirror on the right side of his cot hoping it provides a distraction and if he is anything like his mother his vanity will get the better of him and will stay on that side! We may be onto a winner LOL! Only time will tell!

Jean, Cooper was a BF bubby for 7 weeks and was sleeping through than! Flynn will drop that feed before you know it!

I hope so Tan!! If I was wasn't working it wouldnt worry me at all, but since I have to get up, get two other children ready for school & daycare & then myself ready (all on time), I'm absolutely stuffed and I am crashing come night time. I don't even think my head has hit the pillow and I'm asleep!!

I was so spoilt with Rory, she slept thru from 2-3 weeks (she was BF) but Flynn is behaving more like his brother (who was also BF). Will started like this but got worse as he got older. He was waking 6-8 times a night. We ended up doing controlled crying which worked a treat (he slept thru the first night!), I think we may have to do this with Flynn also. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Will & Rory are sleeping at my parents house tonight, they are so excited!! We are heading to Townsville early morning so its easier for them to sleepover. Not sure if my dad is as excited! He loves having the kids but he also loves his sleep as he is sick and my two always end up in bed with Grandma & Grandpapa!

Flynn is yelling at me to feed him so best be off.

Have a good weekend everyone!!

Jean

Brock was well enough for his injections today so they went ahead. He was so brave. Just a little whimper and about 20 seconds of crying for each needle. Nowhere near as traumatic as I expected it to be. The doctor made me wait for 15 mins in reception afterwards in case he had a bad reaction. Did anyone else have to do that?

Rach - love the name Charli - it's one we were considering if we'd had a girl. We've also had the toilet accidents with my DstepD who is 5. Fun isn't it? She's also been quite difficult about eating of late too - I'll cook nice meals (or my mum will) and she just sits there saying she doesn't like eating a roast or lasagne or whatever it is when she normally loves it. She also announced she only eats junk food now and that she wants to eat in the lounge like Brock does. She was pretty good the last time we had her (apart from having 2 toilet accideents) so lets see how she goes this weekend.

Jean - I might try the side sleeping but I'm paranoid he'll not be able to breathe. I'm waiting for a Sassy side sleeping thing that apparently has something on it that positions their head but it hasn't turned up at the baby shop yet. I might have to go looking elsewhere this weekend.

Tan - Good thinking with the mirror - it could just work. My health nurse scared the crap out of me by saying if we don't move his head every time he has it that way that he will end up deformed. She reckons it can make the ear sit higher or lower than the other and that his eye could be effected as well. Maybe that's just her way of making sure that I do move him. My MIL said my DF did the same thing and she didn't do anything much about it and he turned out alright. She reckons once they get sitting it rights itself. I don't know what to believe.

It's been a rough couple of weeks with everyone sick with the cold, then my dad ended up in hospital with heart problems which are now OK but they wouldn't let him out cos his diabetes spiralled out of control. He's finally out now but we couldn't visit him as we were sick. It was such a worry as he's getting on and we didn't know how serious it was. It's nice to have everything back to normal now... hope it lasts.

I got my papsmear results back. I finally have a clear papsmear. Since Lachlan was born I have had a low grade abnormality ever since and had a colposcopy to ensure no cancer after it being low grade for so long and found out I had HPV. When falling pregnant with Riley I had a papsmear that said possible high grade, so had another colposcopy whilst pregnant with him and it came back as low grade. So my 6 week papsmear results have come back all clear. Whahooo... what a relief. So hopefully my HPV has dissappeared too?????

thats great Sheree!!!

Fantastic news Sheree!! Fingers crossed that your HPV has also gone

My poor lil Super Cooper Trooper is teething.. at ten weeks.. so not fair! I thought he was coming down with the dreaded flu/cold that seems to have struck everyone but alas two big white lumps pushing through his bottom gum tell a different story! He has been scratching at his ears and drawing blood on occasion despite keeping his nails short! He is a grizzly bear but deservedly so! May be MIA for quite some time from here on in!

Holy Crap Tan! 10 weeks! I was only thinking about teething the other day as my other two kids got their first tooth at 16 weeks with no hassles at all. It was like one day there was nothing and then when we woke up in the morning, there's a tooth!!

I wonder if Flynn will be the same. I didn't even know my others were teething. We will see!

I think my little one is getting the idea of day & night. He is getting so alert during the day yet come night after a bath he so wants to go to bed and he sleeps so soundly. Just waiting for the night time feed to disappear and everything will be great! Its amazing how quickly you get used to it though.

My oldest is singing a song on parade at school tomorrow. How cute! He looks gorgeous when he performs it! He'll probably get shy come tomorrow though!

Take care everyone, gee we are quite in here!

Jean

That's great news Sheree. I was hoping you'd get a good result. I still have to go back for my pap smear as AF was on her way to me when I had my 6 week check so couldn't have it done.

Tan - teething at 10 weeks - that's early. I hope Cooper doesn't suffer too much with it. I can't remember if you are breastfeeding - if you are I hope he doesn't bite.

jma - it sure is quiet in here - everyone must be busy.

Brock slept through til 5.30 this morning so I think we are almost back to the old routine we had before we all got sick. I feel like I'm coming down with the cold again - I have the scratchy throat, stuffy nose and am tired as again. Haven't even bothered getting dressed yet and it's lunch time - not like me at all.

Satya, I hope it passes and doesn't revisit you. It sounded like you all had it really really bad. Thankfully we didn't get it too bad and now the weather up here has warmed up so I think most colds and flu are in their last stages and won't be back. Fingers crossed!

Slow day today. Not much to do except that Flynn is refusing to go to sleep atm. Oh well, I'd better keep rocking the pram I guess.

My friend had a little girl, Ella, on friday. The reason I'm mentioning it is, that she is the first girl for them after 3 boys!! She is also the first and only girl on both sides of her family. She will be one spoilt little girl! In a good way of course!

I'll check in later.

Take care
    Jean

Well my good boy slept 12 hours last night. That is two times in a week and the rest of the week has been sleeping 5-7 hours and going 6-8 hours between feeds.

We had him weighed today and he is 6.160kgs. My first son wasn't this weight until 6 mths of age. Just shows you how I have had 2 extremely different children that is for sure and my first son was very very small thou.

Feel refreshed today, yay for a good sleep! Needless to say everything was wet this morning thou.....

Morning!

My beautiful child slept thru last night!! YAY!!!!!!

Like Riley, everything was wet thru. But still, he slept thru!!! He was awake alot yesterday and mainly cat-napped with only one decent sleep so that probably helped. Feel really good today

Yay Flynn. Wtg little boy.

Hey Everyone,
    I am officially back. I will keep an eye on this thread now, Ive been getting emails but have been so busy I havent had time to get on here. Now that I have mastered one handed typing while breastfeeding though I am sure I can find the time to keep up to date.

Wow all the babies sleeping through. I wonder whether or not Taylor would. Maybe on the weekend Ill try. At the moment I am getting up to feed her at 12.30am (a formula feed - all other feeds are breast) and she wakes at 6.30am. I am waking her for the feed purely because I get a big sleep after that but maybe its time to give it a go after a top-up feed at 10 when I go to bed.

Mother Baby Unit was FANTASTIC!!!! My god there should be more availability. I wasnt placed on Anti-depressants because after 2 days on the lowest dose (I would have had to increase it 3 times the lowest dose) I was so agitated I couldnt sit still and was too scared to look after taylor alone. Instead we are trying relaxation and Cogntitive Behavioural therapy to train and train myself to think more positvely and not catastrophize. Besides the PND side it was great for me as a first time mum. They teach different methods of settling, breastfeeding (taylor was choking on a fast let down previously) playtime, routines, they support you through all the scary bits (I hadnt bathed Taylor till 6 weeks old - Dave had been doing it for me) How to look for tired signs and signs of wind, hunger etc etc. It was so good when I realy had no idea. Its the closest thing to a manual you can get LOL.

Anyways Ive been out of the MBU for a month now and the first few days at home were quite hard settling back in but now I havent looked back. I feel so lucky to get smiles every morning and love spending everyday with her - even when she cries (probably coz now I know how to do things to help settle her LOL). I guess all of this would have come with time I just really needed the kick start from the MBU.

Anyways, Serentdipity Ive seen your photos on facebook and Josie is a spunk!! Same as with the little man Byron. He looks like such a happy little guy Eustacia.

I had a photoshoot with taylor 2 weeks ago and we just got the first of the previews this morning. its funny that something so small can brighten your day so much. here is the link for a few of the pics. We have plenty more that we havent seen yet, ones of all of us together and a couple breastfeeding, some of her in a gorgeous dress we were given. I cant wait to see them!!!

Melbourne Newborn, Baby & Maternity Photography: Iris Creations Photography ? melbourne photography

Promise to do some more personals next time, hopefully sometime this week!!!

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast