Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2005

YAY some chatting in our thread!
    Brooke -(although ive already said) So happy for you and Dan!! Cant wait to hear how he proposes.

We only use huggies also. Ive never tried any other and was tempted but now that ive heard this discussion im sticking with them even though they are dear. Hendrix slept in one for 12.5 hours last night without being changed and when i changed it this morning it was so heavy but he wasnt wet or red at all.

Bel - Hendrix weighed 7.4kg at 5 months. Hope that helps. How much is Coby??

Stormi Guest

Hi all,

Brooke - YAY! Non-congratulations! LOL.
    Isn't it funny when you give them their first tastes of food! Kenzie had a mouthful of rice-cereal a couple of weeks ago - it was a full family event - DH, me and the boys all watching. The other day she had some banana mashed up with a bit of boiled water - she made faces but still ate it all. It tells you on the box of rice-cereal how to prepare it and how much to give etc. Don't worry Brooke, I still don't remember what to do half the time!

We only use Huggies. I did try other brands back when Cooper was a baby but always ended up going back to Huggies. They are expensive, especially when I've got a 3 year old in Pull-Ups and also a 6 year old who still wets the bed at night so wears pull-ups to bed!

Belinda - Kenzie was 7kgs about a month ago when she went and got her needles, I think she was about 4.5 months old or something. I've learnt after stressing about my first child's weight as a baby (he was on solids at 11 weeks coz he wasn't gaining weight as he should) that it's just an added stress. As long as they are developing normally and aren't overly lethargic etc, it's usually not a problem. Mothers tend to know if something is "not right".

Congrats Deejoy on the pregnancy! Woo hoo! Cooper keeps asking if we can have another baby! It was funny, he asked me again a couple of days ago and I said "No, mummy's finished having babies" and he said "Well why do we have 8 chairs then?" (we have an 8-seat dining table) and then he adds "Dad told me it was for the other 3 kids". DH would have 10 kids if given the chance I think LOL.

I took Makenzie to the doctors yesterday about her eczema - she can use that cortisone cream up to 4 times a day, for 10 days on, 4 days off, as long term use. I was only using it 2 times a day at most coz I was a bit worried about it, but my GP said it's fine to use 4 times a day. The eczema does look better than it did. I also have to be careful with things like making sure her clothing is all cotton, sheets etc, what I wash her clothes in etc. The good thing is she'll eventually grow out of it, and the GP said how her skin is now is the worst it will be, as babies skin is so sensitive so as she gets older and her skin thickens and is more resistent, it won't be as bad.

Anyway, hope everyone is well. I better go as Riley has his speech appointment at 10.30am and it's now 9.50am and I am still in my pyjamas and so is he!

Hi Lisa - i just wanted to say that you tell the best stories! Everytime you tell a funny one i have to call DH over and read it to him! He cracked up!

belmarks Guest

Hey girls, thanks for all the weights of your bubs, Im not concerned about Coby's weight, he's a little chunker - but was just interested in what was "the norm" considering he'll never be the norm because he was early....

Just making comparisons that's all.

Thanks heaps.

I get Coby weighed tomorrow, last time he was weighed he was 5.6kg, that was a month ago, so it will be interesting to see how much he's grown in a month especially now that he's eating lots of solids.

Have any of you guys tried the Heinz cereal range? There is Apply and Blackcurrant Muesli, Apple and Oatmeal, and Apple and Banana Cereal. Coby absolutely loves all of them - just thought I'd pass that on if any of you are interested in trying them and wanted another bubs opinion tee he he :eat:

Stormi Guest

Heather - my kids are a constant source of amusement! I could fill a book with the things they say and do that have DH and I (and others) in stitches! Because he had that fall at school yesterday and knocked out that tooth, of course he put the tooth under his pillow for the tooth fairy. He also left a note for her that read (I haven't corrected spelling):

Dear T.F.
    I love you and you are butefull. I'ed realey licke to see you,

Love your frieand Cooper.

It was soooooo cute!

So was just wondering - what time do all the bubs having their last feeds at night? Makenzie still has a bottle somewhere between 10-11.30pm that DH wakes her for, I don't know if she still actually "needs" it. If she doesn't have that late bottle though then she's only getting 4 bottles a day, which is okay once she's on 3 solid meals but she's not on them yet.

Hey Heather, isn't this Sydney weather ridiculous at the moment! It's so hard to know what to put them to bed in because it can be hot then get really cold and vice versa. You wouldn't think tomorrow is Summer by the way the weather is today!

Poor Kenzie was scared today because Riley had his speech appointment and we drove up and there's never anywhere to park that's close so we sttll had to walk a bit, of course it started raining and I had Riley in his raincoat and me carrying Kenzie and an umbrella - I think the umbrella was scaring her coz she kept doing that "drop the bottom lip" thing she does when she gets freaked out LOL. She doesn't like the wind and rain, either - she gets really upset.

Lisa-the weather is insane!! Most of Hendix's warmer clothes are too small so we are layering as i dont want to buy more cause i know that as soon as i do it will get stinking hot!!

Hendrix's last feed of a night is at his bedtime 6:30-7pm. I am still feeding him 3 hourly so that i can fit enough feeds in a day (ie 5).

xx

Belinda - Maggie was 6.3kg about 2 weeks ago, she has always been lighter than the average.

For nappies we use mostly Baby Love with some Huggies. I was lucky enough to trial some nappies for Baby Love, so we got 36 for free and all I had to do was fill out 6 forms. We only ever buy nappies on special, I actually look at the supermarket catalogues now.

Astrid

Goodness girls i had to post as this thread had been pushed onto the next page!! We cant have that few people chatting can we??

Stormi Guest

Hi all,

Nothing much happening here. Kenzie was sitting on her own for a couple of minutes today - when I say she sits on her own I mean I have to put her into that position, she doesn't do it herself yet. She's starting to get the hang of putting her arms down if she starts falling over, but a lot of the time if she starts to topple she keeps going, so I have to be sitting with her. I love the little proud smile she gets though.

Heather - more insane Sydney weather, huh! It's so hot today! Waiting to see what this storm does, whether it happens or not - Riley has his pre-school Christmas thing that the families go to on tonight, and it's outside, so if it rains, it's going to be postponed. It's not till 6pm so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

I've been watching old home videos of when the boys were babies and toddlers, Makenzie looks like both the boys. Sometimes she's the spitting image of Cooper, other times she looks just like Riley. The boys have great fun watching the videos of themselves, they sit there in fits of laughter.

Anyway, better go and do the dishes - I've been trying to do them since this morning and things keep getting in my way. I'm feeling pretty crappy today due to still getting over my cold, lack of sleep and now AF has arrived and I'm feeling very blah.

I did a first aid course about a month ago. It was really helpful, I hope I never need it. The lady who does it actually came out to the home of one of the women in our mothers group and we could have our babies withs us. I really recommend it. I really liked being able to practice CPR on a baby dummy, as I had only ever used an adult one before.

belmarks Guest

Hey girls,

Yeah Brooke, we are thinking about updating our skills. I have done a senior first aid course a few times and so has hubby for his work. I remember being shown CPR on babies, but would like a refresher. Especially considering we have a pool and I could need it one day - God forbid!!

Well Coby is still chucking. He has poor weight gains and I am fed up with it. So I went to my GP yesterday to get another referral to a different paediatrician (one who is meant to be the guru), and the GP started asking me some probing questions regarding Coby's vomitting, and it turns out that he might have Coeliacs Disease. My mum has it and I guess I might have it too, considering I was on fertility treatments and being subfertile is one of the major symptoms of Coeliacs Disease. So we both went to get tested (blood tests) yesterday morning. My goodness, have any of you had your babies blood taken yet? They did it in his arm just like an adult, it was awful!! There were 3 of us to hold him, one holding his arm, me holding him still, another holding his legs and the lady to take the blood. Once the tourniquet went on his arm and started to get tight, he started to squirm and then it was hurting so he started grizzling, then they stuck the needle in him, I nearly bloody cried, it was just awful, he squirmed and cried the whole time, and continued to cry when it was all over. Poor little man, I felt so bad!!!

I think we will get the results next week....

Fingers crossed that he doesn't have it.....

He is fine now, hopefully he wont remember it.

we are putting up our christmas lights tonight, I can't wait. We were supposed to put them up last weekend but with all these thunder storms we've been having we haven't been game to get up on the roof!!

Do you guys all do lights?

Heather, hows your car and how are you? Fully recovered? It makes you very shakey doesn't it!!

Brooke, good to hear from you, I thought you might have abandoned us for another thread tee he he . RE Maya's lump, I really couldn't say, it sounds like something for the docs to figure out though...hopefully it will be nothing

Storm, that's great that kenzie was sitting up, Coby has started to do that too, just for about 30-40 seconds or so, but then yesterday, he sat up for ages, well over a couple of minutes!! When I say sitting, he's leaning right forward leaning on his hands, but at least he's upright to some extent!! Our babies are all growing up aren't they!

Hope you all have a wonderful day with your bubbas.... xx

Stormi Guest

Belinda - Yeah, Makenzie still leans forward a fair bit when sitting but yesterday she was straighter. Once they start sitting like that, it only takes a week or two before they sit independently - I was watching a home video of Cooper as a baby and looking at the dates and one day he was sitting a little bit and toppling over, a week later he was sitting independently. I'm wondering when Makenzie will crawl/walk as my boys both crawled at 8.5 months and then were walking by 10 months, so I'm wondering if she will be the same. I'm in no hurry for her to be mobile as I'll have to be extra vigilant with keeping the boys small things off the floor.

I had a shocker night with Makenzie last night. She was waking nearly every hour. I'm so tired today, think I'll need a nap this arvo LOL.

Brooke - not sure what the lump is. I remember Cooper had a small pea-sized lump on his head when he was about 6 months, the paed said it was nothing to worry about.

Do any of you worry that despite knowing first aid, that if something happened to your babies that you'd just panic and forget? I always worry about that, although when one of the boys was a toddler ( can't remember who) they pulled a cup of coffee down off the kitchen bench and I just went into autopilot and threw the poor kid into a bath and filled it with cold water, mind you I was bawling my head off that the poor child was going to be scarred for life but I still did what I was meant to.

Anyway, gotta go make Cooper's school lunch.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hi All

Bel-Jonah had quite a bit of blood taken when he was in hospital and they took it from his foot. It was so awful because they had to keep squeezing it to get the blood to come out and he would be screaming and screaming (well he did this with one of the nurses in the special care nursery) and it was just awful. We were trying to comfort him whilst she was doing this and she yelled at us and pushed Ben's had away because she said it was hard enough due to him screaming and wiggling. It was the most awful I've had to go through. So I can understand how you felt you poor thing I hope Coby is ok today. Wow coeliacs disease, I hope it's not that but maybe it is seeing as your mum has it. Is it a hard thing to live with?

Hi to everyone else, I hope you are your bubbas are well

Bel - my mum has coeliacs disease also. I havent as yet been tested as i have so many other food intolerances that im currently in the state of mind that i dont want to know but deep down am pretty sure that i do. I tend to stay away from wheat as a precaution anyhow. Im so sorry that you had to go through that! How awful for you.

Brooke - Hendy doesnt have any such lumps but im sure it will be something that is perfectly normal!

Bec - Looking forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks!!

Lisa - Hope you get to have a little nap today!

Well Hendrix is going great guns at the moment! We went to the dietican yesterday as i wanted to discuss my food intolerances and my mums and the effects that may have on Hendrix. She said that just normal introduction of foods every 3 days applies to him too and that i should just avoid dairy and soy for the time being. She said that it is hereditary and so therefore if he is going to have an intolerance he will already havve them and that introducing the food more slowly is not going to effect him.

Hendrix loves food!! He has only had rice pear and apple so far and ill introduce potato next week but he just gets so excited when he sees his bowl he kicks his legs like a madman very very cute!

Had a bad night last night. Maggie seemed to have bad wind, not sure if it is to do with the fact we gave her some pureed apple during the day. She seems to enjoy it more than the rice cereal and didn't show any issues whilst eating it.

I'm a bit paranoid at the moment. We were at a meeting on Monday night and someone who has recently had whooping cough came up to Maggie. She mentioned to DH that she had been quarantined, so DH then abused her and told her to stay away, to which she just laughed. DH only told me last night about it. As Maggie has had a bit of a cough all week, I got a bit freaked, I think it starts of like a cold. I just hope that stupid woman was no longer contagious. Maggie has had 2 rounds of immunisations, but I am not sure if she is fully protected yet.

Haven't really tried the independant sitting thing with Maggie, I might give it a go. She keeps on trying to sit up from a lying position, she looks as though she is doing exercises, she will end up with a 6 pack soon if she keeps it up

Astrid

Default !

Im still here Brooke!!
    How was your weekend? Hendrix doesnt look like he will be teething anytime soon. Hope Maya's teeth are ok? I cant wait to see photos of them when they break through! hehe so so very cute but as Shannon said a little sad too as our babies are just growing up way too quickly!

We had a fairly quiet weekend babysitting my parents house and dogs while they went away for the weekend! Hendrix was really good sleeping through without being too disturbed about not being in his own bed.

OK i have to tell you guys the cutest thing ever! Mike and i think we have a little joker on our hands. Hendrix was lying on the floor on his mat with his blanky under his head while i was reading at the table. I look down and he has pulled the blanket over his face (accidently??) anyway i go to him and fling it off while say raaaa and he giggles his head off. So i went back to the table and reading and looked back over and guess what the blanket was over his face and he was giggling so i went over and raaa!! the game had begun. This went on for several goes. Mike was at work so i called and told him and i think he thought i might be exaggerating. This morning mike brought him into bed and i went and got his blanket and what do you know he started giggling and put it over his face - the game begun except this time as we pulled it off and said raa - he said raa as well then laughed his head off! As DH said its his first joke

belmarks Guest

tee he he Heather, that's really cute!! Coby loves that game too, they are such boys aren't they, the rougher the better for Coby!!

Hey Brooke, Im still here also, just been having a rough weekend with Coby, I think his teeth are playing up too, he's just been yelling CONSTANTLY since the beginning of last week. Its really wearing me down!!

Now the poor little puppy has a cold too, I think that could have been brought on by the teeth thing too though...

I just hope that he settles soon!

Oh - i hope Coby gets over his cold and that those darn toothie pegs give him a break really soon!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast