Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #10

*Kristee* Guest

Hey girls,
    You probably think i'm not interested in what you girls are saying as i am not posting very often but i am sorry things are so hectic. Bubs feeds, Bubs sleeping, Mine and bubs breathing problems, and now Tee being sick!!!
    I am hoping Tee doesn't keep getting sick all summer that would be an absolute nightmare.
    Does anyone know how to get my DD to actually drink cool boiled water as i'm not having much luck.
    I don't know whats wrong with me lately i just don't seem to be myself just ask DF....I'm weird obviously.
    I see you guys are talking about people connecting with other people and how you percieve them....very touchy topic i think. But i do know exactly what you are talking about i am going through this sort of thing at the moment. But it's others cutting me off and judging me...As i sadi before i must have something wrong with me, i don't blame you guys if you feel the same just let me know.
    As you can probably tell i think i am getting depressed again but i don't know. Nothing seems to be going right. The only person that truly loves mefor who i am at themoment seems to be my DD.
    Anyway i suppose i better go and eat something before i get in trouble for not eating all day AGAIN!!!!
    Will try and get back on more and communicate a bit more.

Kristee-Lea - 21
    Tarleha Maye - 29/06/06
    Tying the knot 7th April
    TTC officially March/April unofficially Jan onwards

KL - I odn't htink you can actually force your DD to take water, at Tarleha's age anyway. Candy may be able to give you some incite because I think her Ryan is drinking some water to assist his constipation. Unless its for a reason like this I wouldn't worry about her drinking water yet - its not continuously overly hot yet and she will be getting more than enough fluid/water from her bottles I would have thought. I didn't start my first son on water until he started solids (which in those dys was 4 months). This time I will be waiting to see how we go but unless Samuel seems short on fluid as it gets hotter I'll probably be repeating this ie starting water with solids (don't really know will just be playing it as it comes)

littlerigger Guest

just a v quick one. i have read everything but not much has sunk in - Matt's taken to sleeping ike a psycho so I'm exhausted!!

Gabysmum - just want to rehash what others have said, it would be sad to see you go.

KL - I just give Ryan water out of his bottle. Because he's used to the teat etc, he just gobbles it up. I don't even think that he notices it's not formula Is there a reason you want DD to have water?

PS - Jaspen you have a good memory, remembering Ryan was having water!!!

Morning all,

KLR you might need to go see your dr if you think that your getting depressed again and maybe see if you should get some medication for a while. I know when I had PND that I took medication for 6mths and it was only a low dose, which didn't leave me unable to function. Your not alone in hear we listen and value what you have to say so come in here and vent whenever you need to.

Candy good to see you back, sorry to hear that your so exhausted, hopefully you'll get some sleep. How's the job hunting/interviews going? Any news yet?

As for us we're travelling well, I've started Lockie on primrose oil to see if it will help with his moods and erratic behaviour sometimes and wouldn't you know it , it has helped. I don't if it's the primrose oil or he's just gone out of that phase who knows but the new Lockie is more controlable *touchwood*.

hugs xoxo

littlerigger Guest

Amanda - The job interviews are ho hum :S Primrose oil reminds me of PMS lol!!! But I'm glad it's working

Amanda - good news to hear Lauchlan is doing better - whether it was afad or the primrose oil - somethings changed for the better obviously which will help you no end I'm sure.

Yeah thanks guys, Candy you do use it for PMS but it helps balance moods, i told him it's his medicine and he loves taking it so that helps heaps to.

hugs xoxo

Once again, Amanda, I gotta say I don't know how you handle four! Maybe evening primrose oil helps male babies with PMS - "pre-man syndrome". I have noticed it in Flynn - can't do more than one thing at a time (boob or poo but not together), always carrying on cause his dinner's not ready on time, unable to hold his drink (looks real drunk after a feed), can't find things (loses his dummy then wants ME to find it - early signs of male-pattern fridge blindness?)....

KL I am with Amanda - go see your doctor if you are not feeling good. Don't feel bad about communitcating or not communicating - friends are here for you when you need us and if you just feel like popping in for a read then don't feel pressured to leave long posts (but do let us know you have popped in! )

Flynn was up all night last night (qualifier - fed at 11pm but then had to be "dummied up" and re-wrapped at 1.30am, 3am, 4.30am and then fed at 5.30am). Once again DH saved me by looking after Flynn till 9.30am so I could sleep in. Off to mothers' group now - lunch at a local cafe that is incredibly baby-friendly. It is amazing how un-friendly some places can be.

ciao bellas

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Kristee - i know that feeling, it gets me too. HUGS...The only way out for me are super strong vitamins (eg: stronger than say Blackmores), something like USANA, or something like what Kelly the owner of BB sells. They give me energy and energy begets energy so you end up feeling good dispite yourself! When you have energy you want to bounce out of bed, and what the hell, you may as well make it as you have the energy.. and BAMB - your house is clean so you feel even better...It also works the other way. Your so young darling, you need to find what works for you... OK...

hugs to everyone else...

FYI: I'M ON HOLIDAYS FOR A WEEK - CHAT TO YOU ALL WHEN I RETURN..

Rory- hope u have a nice lunch @ mothers group. Are u guys out on your own now after meeting @ MCHC for a while? Nice of DH again!
    Last night Nixon slept in a sleeping bag for the first time. I was on my own cause dh worked till 2am.(INXS) he was grumpy(Nixon that is!) so put him to bed at 8.30pm. tried puting him in cot but wasnt happy so reverted back to the bassinett cause i thought maybe i am changing to many things at once (not wrapping, bed early & then cot) he woke at 11.30-1.30,4.30 which he probably normally wakes but because he wasnt wrapped he didnt just go back to sleep. he settled rather easy though and then slept till 8.15am.
    KLR- yeah please go see your gp. your not weird, your raising a baby which is one of the toughest jobs there is!
    jaspen yeah u do have a good memory i didnt remember that Ryan was having water!
    Candy, do u find it helps with his bowls?

*Kristee* Guest

Hey girls,
    The reason i am trying to give Tarleha water as she doesn't handle the heat and can't keep her formula down, i don't want her getting dehydrated. I am starting her on solids next week, she is 3 months tomorrow and doc seems to think that its the right thing to do and because it would help with her reflux, as she still only weighs 7pound5. Someone suggested that i should put a bit of sugar in the water and she might drink it then...but what do u guys think i'm worried that it will give her a sweet tooth. Tee is now sleeping 8.5 hours a night.
    re doctor...i don't want to get put on anti-depressents as last time they made me worse.
    Cee_Cee what multi vitamin are you taking? Sounds like its powerful stuff...i think sleep plays a bit in how i feel. Have fun on your holidays.
    I really love you guys you are my lifeline.
    Does anyone in here have PCOS? As i am wondering what the symptoms are as i think thats what i have but there never was a diagnoses when ttc with tee, was put on metformin though.

Kristee-Lea - 21
    Tarleha Maye - 29/06/06
    Tying the knot 7th April
    TTC March/April (unofficially Jan onwards)

Hi gals, sorry I have been absent, and sorry no time for personals, just to let you know I'm still around and trying to keep up with reading your posts at least!

Basically, my parents are in the middle of separating (30yrs of marriage, last people you'd ever expect to, etc.) and I have been helping my mum find & move into her new place. Starting from scratch, having to get a bed, fridge, kitchen utensils, everything. So it has been pretty full-on, physically and emotionally.

Freya has also been very trying, she is still unsettled and the magical 3 month mark seems to have passed her by. Speaking of which, here she goes now...

ETA: thanks for the sms invitation Amanda...won't be able to make it this Friday, hope you & neeny have fun, and I will definitely try and make it next time!

Oh, Jo, so sorry about your p's Why is it the ones you least expect? My parents are prime candidates but keep making it year in, year out - perverse, huh?
    KL - not all anti-depressants are the same, so speak with your doctor about dosage and type and if you're not already, please seek a psychologist to supervise your treatment because anti-depressants on their own are notorious for either not helping or making things worse. Anti-depressants with treatment have a much higher long-term recovery rate And perhaps speak with the GP about how to administer water - as in, what additives are safe/healthy to give. I don't know what to suggest as Oscar gets all his hydration from my boobies, and a doctor person is probably best!
    Cee Cee - I agree, energy feeds itself sometimes!
    I just walked into the village to the doctor but missed my appointment (normally I wait half an hour, but I'm 10 minutes late and the doctor heads out thinking I'm not coming!) and it occurred to me that I should have driven...I had it in my head that I could only walk (don't know why, I had to take the pram out of the CAR because the HAB is still a bit damp - we had a leaky poo episode and the HAB came off second best last night!). Had lunch at one of my favourite cafes (also my yoga school) and it was so YUM! it was a last minute decision and it was a good one.
    Sun's out, so I'll hang the HAB out now...using a makeshift sling made out of a bedsheet!

Edit: Just realised I missed reading a page of posts before writing this:

Good afternoon... busy morning here... Wade woke up with a very swollen foot and in pain (due to an allergic reaction to the bee sting) so I called the Nurse's Hotline then following their advice went down to the pharmacy and bought some liquid antihistamine for children. He took that easily 'cos it tasted nice and now he's napping. he didn't swell up with the other stings so i think his immune system is become too sensitised (the pharmacist says this often happens after many stings)... I have to be very careful now that he doesn't swell around the face and throat with subsequent stings! Doesn't matter where he is bitten... he can develop breathing difficulties if the allergy gets bad. Might have to buy an epi pen to have on hand and do the training that you need to have (the pharmacist recommend doing that too).

Niall's just drifted off now (after pushing him back and forth in his pram).

IK: yep... I tend to agree with what you wrote about other people's perceptions being out of our control. I worry far too much about what people think of me and would do well to apply that rule to my life too. Not to say that I won't continue to be aware of other people's feelings and exercise tact. I often put my big foot in it (as demonstrated recently regarding breast size!) but worrying about making sure people are happy all the time is really not my responsibility I guess. I also have a mother who tries to get me to believe that it is and uses emotional blackmail toward that ends. We haven't spoken since she left here BTW. She didn't even bother saying goodbye to the kids or DH... I mean, I really don't know what to do... unless she gets an apology (which is what she wanted for not supporting her need to disipline Verity) then she seems to be indicating that she has washed her hands of us. *shrug* Lord knows what will happen when Christmas arrives because she always has great expectations when it comes to that. Anyhow... no need to ramble on about that. I agree though IK, all you can do is be a polite and caring person and leave the rest up to other people. However I do feel that our Junies are extra fragile and sometimes I worry that some of us are putting up brave fronts to the world (even here in BB) and perhaps we should be on the lookout for signs that each other are struggling. So I guess one thing I would feel sorry about is not picking up on these cues... not to say that Gabysmum is such a person... but if she was I would hope that she, or anyone else would feel that this is, as Dr Phil would say: "a soft place to fall".

CeeCee: Did you purchase MooGoo online? If so how long does it take to arrive approximately (i paid via CC).

Ok doke... going to plant some jasmine I bought the other day (yesterday was too hot... 30'C!!!!!!! The easliest 30 degree day after winter in Melbourne in recorded history! Oooooh global warming!)

ETA Again!: now that I've read page 7 of the thread i just wanted to add: Rory: your post about your Mum's group made me smile... so funny! (and perceptive) You need to write a column about it somewhere! LOL JO: great to see you again! I was wondering where you were too... sorry to hear about your parents, my parents were another Unlikely couple yet DH's parents fought like cats and dogs until the day his mum died (and didn't separate) and ever since then his dad waxes lyrical about her every time we see him and says he's not afriad of dying because he will get to see her again!!!! KL: I agree with the others; don't hesitate to seek support if you are feeling down, you owe it to your darling little girl... and "weirdness" goes with the territory these days with sleep deprivation making our minds function in curious ways. Candy: thinking of you with your interview results due today?

Now I'm cold from sitting at the 'pute for too long... betta reboil that kettle...

Was it really 30? I think it was so windy out in the paddocks that it didn't seem as hot as that, but, yes, it was warm enough alright!
    Yes, we are a 'soft place to fall' (never heard that, it's nice!), and everyone should know that, so etch it into your brains, Junies! We're here to bounce ideas off. And even though we are online and direct questions or stating that we are having problems is absolutely allowed, I do agree that sometimes it takes a bit of reading between the lines.
    Bath - so sorry about your mum. It's so easy for people either with irreperable relationships with their mothers or great relationships to say 'don't worry, look at all the other people you have to surround yourself with', and that's true too. However, when you have a fractious relationship that goes hot and cold you take the good with the bad and the bad can make you feel so crap! Just shows to go ya, mummies come in all types and we weren't meant to be perfect...but we can learn from the broken ones!
    Oh, and I'd recommend keeping an epi pen handy - meant to respond to this yesterday but got distracted, but the more beestings the more likely an allergic reaction will happen and become worse (memory from my first aid course last year!).

Just spoke to my GF and she told me she had a miscarriage last week Was early days, but now I be sad, there'll be more of a gap between her next baby and Oscar, age-wise, but no matter - means the next one will be healthy enough to go to term!

Bath - epi pen certainly sounds like a necessity - my SIL has three (her daughter had a mild reaction to peanuts so the next one could be anything up to fatal so...) one for the kindy bag, one for her handbag and one on the fridge at home that way her bases are generally covered in case she goes somewhere or something.

anyway will be back later DS#1 is currently doing glueing and sticking so had better go check everythings not stuck to the dining table or something.

IK - sorry to hear about your GF

Awww, yep, I hope your GF knows that a miscarriage won't necessarily make it harder/riskier the next time... I had a blighted ovum 3 months before conceiving Wade, which would have resulted in a miscarriage too but because it was detected early I had a D&C.... and then he came along no trouble at all.

Yeah, when i saw it hit 30 (in the CBD) yesterday i didn't think it felt quite that hot... but I guess up here in Eaglemont it's always a few degrees cooler as it would also be up where you are.... still... I don't like it much hotter than that! Wuss aren't I?

Ok... better do something... got the endless mountain of clothing that needs folding... I feel like a mouse on a wheel... it just never stops but I strangely can't allow myself to believe that it won't stop... it would drive me crazy... so i gotta kid myself that if i fold it all and put it away then I'm actually getting somewhere! LOL

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast