Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #10

littlerigger Guest

Hi girls
    You all post so much I can't possibly do enough personals. but I have read every ones posts.

I survived the parental visit. Dinners went well (thanks Bath ) I even managed to completely ignore their carry on about needing to feed ryan solids now. even though he watches everything that goes in our mouths and makes chewing motions I don't think he's ready. Maybe I'll start experimenting at 5 months. But I refuse to be pushed.

Had my Medicare interview yesterday. I'll know in 4 weeks!!

Hi Tanya! We've all been wondering where you were... though it's not hard to guess when you have a baby, especially one that's having sleeping/feeding issues. I hope it all settles down for you both... you'll find that, if nothing else, he will grow out of it before too long. Niall isn't sleeping through either... although he is getting closer... last night he slept from 11.30pm - 4.15am! For him that's a long stint... he was sleeping in the pram beside my bed and I brought him in with me, he fed then went straight off to sleep. Oh btw, my pram is quite big, almost as big as our cradle so if he falls asleep in there of an evening we just leave him in there instead of transfering him to the cradle. There's a piccy of it on my website too. Which reminds me, Rory: Glad you found your Emmaljunga to be handy on your picnic... it's under pram storage area is huge isn't it? I really need the extra space not having a car to put things in. I don't buy Huggies anymore, but when I did I was able to fit a large box and 2 small shopping bags of stuff under there! Sometimes people comment (I sense in a negative way) "Oh that's a large pram isn't it?!" probably thinking it's an inconvenience... but as soon as I tell them I don't drive they understand. Its large wheels also make getting on and off trains a breeze. People also comment negatively on their price but all I have to say is that at least I don't have to buy petrol... *touche*... or pay gym fees staying fit! Although I would kinda love to join Fernwood (female only gym chain here in Vic) more for the social aspect of it... plus I'd love to have a professional trainer monitor my fitness levels... I really feel like I've lost some of my flexibility since falling pregnant with Niall... I guess your movements become so limited when you are pregnant.

Geeze, listen to me... raving on already... OH! it's meant to be 28'C here in Melbourne today!!!! What happened to my favourite mild Spring temps??? 28 is just a tad too high for my liking... must say I like a nice sunny 23, or "cardigan weather" as I call it. means you can get out and do some heavy gardening without passing out in the heat... or walk comfortably pushing a pram for miles without getting hot and bothered.

Cuppa time...

ETA: Just missed your post candy... that's great news about the dinners going well And good on you not being pressured into feeding solids when others perceive his ready! There's no hurry And good luck with your job!

Morning all,

High chairs I've still got Wyatt in his high chair as well, he'll be 2 in November as well, but he sits in his chair at the table with us at all meals but like Dee I will be toilet training him soon and getting him use to sitting in a big chair because he is a big boy now.

Tanya good to see you back, sorry to hear that Lucas is still having problems with his reflux.

Dee it's also good to see you back, I can't wait until the chrissy hols when I'll get to meet you and your lovely family.

Bath my blood type is O+, when I was studying nautropathy I actually got a book on the blood type diet and did an assignment on it but I never really did it, so you'll have to keep us posted on how it goes. DH is also O+ so does this mean that all the boys would be O+?

Nic good on you for perservering (sp) you have given Nixon the best start and you both should be proud about that. My mum has also just brought Cody his first swim suit will just have see if it will fit as he's still in 000's and it's a 00.

As for us not much new here so will go for now and do housework and be back later.

hugs xoxo
    Last edited by AmandaJ; September 19th, 2006 at 10:21 AM.

Jo I see your online would you still like to meet up this Friday at southbank? Let us know.

hugs xoxo

Amanda: yep... every child you and your DH have will be O+ (well I'm almost certain... not 100%) Maybe Dee (heaven) could confirm?

very windy here today... it's making Wade very irritable... nothing seems to be working with him... he's just constantly being antagonistic and being frustrated... I got out the bubble blowing kit and even that hasn't kept him happy despite him not using it in ages and initially being thrilled to have it... he just ended up crying because he spilt a tiny bit of the detergent and threw the whole container at the ground... good grief... it's going to be one of those days and there's so much I need to get done whilst the weather is warm... I need to wash everything that he has peed on lately (like cushions and carpets etc)... toilet training is sooooo messy... good time to do it over summer. better get back to it.

agggghhh!! just went shopping to buy a top for my SILs wedding this weekend and truly realised how overweight I am - you know when you know but its only when your confronted with the awful shop mirrors that you realise how bad it is (and of course its now too late - for the wedding at least to do something about it). YOu see I had a goal to be trim taut and terrific - oh well back to prepreg weight/size (which was still o/weight by the health stats) by the wedding but have got no where near it (not that I have ended up trying as hard as I should have I know) - consequently haven't found a shirt, don't want to find one cuase don't want to waste my money and a) buy something I"ll wear once, b) buy something that looks horrid or like grandma. Sorry girls just having a bad body image moment.

Bath - hope WAde settles down - I've been having similar hassles with Benjamin on a regular basis lately I was thinking it was maybe just the age (maybe I was just hoping that) but by the end of the day I have to keep saying to myself to calm down and try and be positive and happy rather than just barking at him.

Tanya - good to see you again - hope the docs can help you out a bit with Lucas' reflux sorry ahve no suggestions but it sounds like you've probably tried all the standard ones anyway.

Neeny - wrote a big personal to you yesterday and lost it but yes enjoying townsville although the constant gale force winds are getting to me. Love the strand these days with all the work they did to it 4 or so years ago it has plenty of places for the kids to play and little kiosks everywhere for the necessary accompaning coffee for mum.

Oh well sorry for lack of personals - since I'm now home should get active and do something since my lovely DH has invited people over on Thursday night for dinner and we leave for Sydney on Friday morning for the wedding and DH has also said I'll pick someone up from the airport on Thursday if required I should take advantage of a toddler/guest free day and make some progress on all the things I need to do.

ETA - can any of you Sydney girls give me a weather prediction for Sydney for this weekend eg what to bring for bubs (although we will be inside a fair bit) eg if I bring just winter stuff is he going to be too warm??

High chair - we do similar to others and pull the high chair up to the table - even now Samuel sits in it while we have dinner (unless asleep) as he is then generally happy and quiet otherwise it is arsenic hour. I love the peg high chairs (or any of that style - I think Steelcraft, fisherprice and as dee said childcare have followed their lead and are now all very similar) too but was given a second hand one that went up and down and although doesn't recline stills hold a young baby quite well (unlike some style which even older babies tend to slide out of) and is suitable for pulling up to the table so they are part of the meal cause I am like you IK I do not allow wandering round with food they must be sitting and generally at the table (unless we are outside) - when Benjamin was at an in between stage I didn't buy or get a booster for the table though he had his little table beside ours and sat their (couldn't use the highchair as he was too long and couldn't get his legs in (mine has a bar across the front which most of the newer ones don't)
    Last edited by jaspen; September 19th, 2006 at 11:41 AM.

hey guys just a quick one. Why is it that as soon as i starty typing SOMEONE wakes up!!!

Nickers- that was me that mentioned bundeena. My mum and dad livein engadine so i would love to catch up when you go there, i try to get up there often, its two hours from me!!

anyway, back later

Hi girls

well am off to perth this evening for around 3 weeks rest - yeah right will be so busy running around and catching up with people.

anyway have read all your posts and just want to say good luck to everybody with their bubs. when i come back i dont think i will be logging back on to the baby buddies thread, i just find that i agree with what Racs said ages ago, sometimes it seems like everybody ignores you and only responds to "the chosen few". but anyway good luck and i may still see you round in the other threads.

Gabysmum - I hope you come back and chat when you get back (although I can understand why you feel the way you do - for which I apologise for any part I've played in making you feel like that). By the way casting my mind back it was Alex who was over the 7kg mark last week wasn't it??? (I'm a bit hopeless at keeping up these days with only getting regular access in the last week or so) I weighed Samuel yesterday and he's up to 7kg too!!!!! (I didn't get to measure him though so don't know whether he'd be as long as Alex or not - would be interesting to know though given there's only a day between them). Enjoy your busy time in Perth and hope you get some rest in their while family and friends enjoy time with the kids.

Dee - for me its always when I decide to eat that Samuel decides he needs to bawl!!! LOL

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi girls,
    glad a few of you will be trying the moogoo, I noticed the shampoo worked for me after 7 days (of washing every other day), Nizoral 2% works first time, but moogoo takes a week to work then keeps working. (well it did for me)

Tayna - I'm soooo glad to see you on line, I'm sorry that Luca's reflux has not settled yet, but you sound like your handeling it well...

gabymum - sorry if you feel like that honey...i know that i often read peoples posts, agree or disagree, or laugh, then get distracted then only remember the posts that were relevant to Ally... or something that was happening to me... I don't always reply to everyone, but it does not mean that I don't read their posts or that I dont enjoy reading what they had to say... some posts are just general yarns that you can't really reply to anyway...i would like to think that if you ever posted a question I would reply to it.. that said, if you want to leave that is your choice, and thank you for telling us so we don't wonder were you are and wonder about your welfare... but I will still look for you in other forums!!!!!!! :-) And you will still be a June Mummie! Have a loverly time in Perth.

Nic - was thinking that I would like to catch up when you were in syd, but thought you would be too busy, but yeah, I'm off to Yamba, yeah, some fun in the sun...

off for a nap (i've had my friends 3 yo here all day, I'm nackered!)

Gabysmum: I also hope I haven't inadvertantly ignored anything that you've posted... I checked your previous post and I saw that I wasn't able to post until 16 posts after yours because Niall and Wade had been particularly challenging that day... not trying to make excuses... I'm sure you haven't felt excluded due to a singular post.. you must have felt excluded for a while i guess and now i feel really bad about it ((hugs)) I also only skimmed over the weekend posts because it was tricky to get online then for me as well. Yesterday was ok... so I guess I replied more "fully" to the people who also were posting yesterday. I know I ramble on about myself a lot and I recall saying the same thing to Racoon that I can't manage to systematically reply to every Junie each post like she does. I guess we all have our own style but I thought it's been great lately how a lot of Junies have returned after being away for a while (Tulip, Heaven etc) and there are others that I wonder about like Emishka ... but then I feel bad because they might have actually told us all that they wouldn't be online but I've forgotten and I feel bad that I have forgotten... Just like I felt bad that I forgot that Nickers was going away soon... *duh* she had only been posting about it a few posts ago!

Anyhow what I'm trying to say in my usual long-winded way is that I value ALL the Junies... I've always wanted everyone to feel included and informed that's why I suggested we swap mobile phone numbers and email. I know some of us somehow find the time to get on here more often and of course everyone will have a bit more to say to them but I LOVE it when I see a Junie come back online after a spell away because it puts my mind at ease that they and their new little one (or ones as in Kel's case) are ok! And where the hell is Bellasmum???

Honestly I think we are all managing by crisis these days and i'm so sorry that you feel like you've slipped through the net. This is a place where we all can vent our frustrations and if sometimes they are because of internal reasons (ie about each other) then I guess that's ok because as a group I think we've all got a lot to offer each other and are incredibly forgiving and tolerant of differences. I know I wear my heart on my sleeve and reveal stuff about myself that I wouldn't tell people face to face so of course I'm sure there are aspects about myself that you would all prefer to ignore!!! Anyhow we want to be here for you darl and hope that you'll feel able to return...good mood or bad mood... we'll support you unconditionally

Gabysmum I can totally understand where your coming from, some days I feel that nobody has taken any notice of what I've had to say, but I also agree with Bath sometimes I've been at fault and not replied to everyone except the most recent ones and that you I apoligise if I have offended or upset you by not replying. I hope that you do decide to come back in here as you are a June mummy and would be sorely missed .

Jaspen I had to laugh at your post, because I did the exact same thing not so long ago. I was getting new swimmers for summer and I tried them on and looked in the mirror and nearly cried when I saw how big I am. You just have to remember that you have just had a baby 3 mths ago and also have a toddler to look after and they don't care how mummy looks and I'm sure your DH doesn't either. So don't beat yourself up about it, it will come off sooner or later.

Can someone please email me the phone numbers of all the Junies again when we got a new computer I forgot to get the phone No's from it, thanks.

hugs xoxo

Email on it's way Amanda

OMG what a day here: verity was fiddling with my string of dried chillies and it broke so i made her fix it which took her ages and she made a huge fuss then when she was finished she went outside and must have secretly picked her nose because all of a sudden i heard a howl and she came running saying the inside of her nose was burning... "I think I touched it with some chillie!!!!" so after massive dramatics she finally calms down then takes Wade outside to play then five minutes later he starts screaming and verity comes inside holding what she thought was a burr thorn but I said "that's a bee sting!" Poor Wade was howling so I reached for Martha Gardner's Home Hints and she suggested applying honey to it and (after giving him an iceypole) he calmed down so I assumed it worked! Edit: this is about the 4th time he has been stung by a bee... and he's not even 3 yet! How unlucky can a kid be???

Now Niall is howling.....

ETA put through an order for some Moo Goo products... baby scalp cream, goat milk soap and shampoo.

Amanda- whats my excuse then, i had a bay 5 months ago and still havent lost the weight! i bout a costume (one pc!) yesterday because im starting Nixon swimming soon but i cant say i thought i looked good in it, exept i have more cleavage then i ever have had in my life!

Gabysmum- please stick around, i along with everyone else in here dont want to c u not post in here because u feel that no one replies. Not that i know anyone in here personally but i really dont think any of us would intentially not reply to something you have said. i love hearing updates of everyone's bubs and themselves and especially love getting photos via email or checking out websites. I appologise if i have been an offender of not replying though. I just joined a group called Austprem (forum for premmies) and although i got a warm welcoming, the few posts i have done since no one has responded to me. I felt a bit upset about this. But really i dont think they are not replying because they are being rude, i guess they feel they do not have sufficent advice or comments to make on what i have written.
    You are a Junnie through and through and you must keep commin in here!

I don't want to take over the topic of what we are on now but i'd like to share that Nixon rolled from tummy to back for the first time @ mothers group today.

Thanks Bath I got it, wow 4 times already, your lucky he's not allergic to them, poor boy.

Nic lol at having more clevage, I wish I had less, I'm a 16E so if anyone wants some I'm happy to share lol.

hugs xoxo

oh Bath, ouch to both Verity & Wade.. i hope Niall doesnt scratch himself in the face or something...... 4 times OMG poor boy.
    Dee- what day do u think u would be available next week?? We will be staying at MIL sat 30th and sunday 1st oct (but christening is on the 1st, the evening of the 30th prob going out to dinner, but avail during the day)

Amanda and Jaspen - whilst I've lost weight from a lot of areas, I still have inflated boobs! It's a bit embarrassing sometimes, cos people must think I WANT them this big...I was a 16E during pg and I'm now bw a 14DD and E.
    I won't apologise cos it won't be genuine. We respond to the posts that resonate with our individual circumstances, if we have the time, or if we have a possible answer to a question. It's not personal if we don't respond. My posts will often go unacknowledged and that's fine, sometimes I get on, read everyone's posts and just haven't the energy or time to punch out any reply for ages, sometimes a day or two. We're all mates here and many of my posts are just ramblings, musings etc and I dont' expect anyone to go out of their way to respond if they don't feel like it or if they aren't relating at all to what I've said. For example, I usually don't respond to posts about baby weights etc cos I just don't subscribe to charting that sort of thing, as you probably already know! I just can't buy into it and it would be false of me to pretend to be interested in that information, but I DO look at what is posted about your babies' weights and I do read about how you feel about their progress and I DO respond when any of you have any issues with most things that I feel I can make a contribution towards. I can't help myself in that respect! BB is an outlet for many of us, like Bath says, so ramblings might or might not get responded to, questions usually do get answered in some form, milestones usually are remarked upon (but by the time I have responded to the posts that have stuck in my mind for long enough I often forget to do the congratulatory thing, like rolling over etc) by a few of us, etc. There is no 'chosen few'. I reject that outright. It's a forum, so regular users get into a groove for a few days or even a few hours with a topic and then move on, and a momentum is built up with those of us who do find the time to post in regularly (for whatever reason that this is possible!). We WILL wonder where regular users are when they go AWOL, but if there are sporadic posters in here, we notice their contributions but are not surprised by long absences because that's a formed pattern with that person. And that's fine - you get out of it what you put in and I tend to think that the less regular users don't feel the need for the interaction as much as some of the rest of us do...that's great! Anyway, I can't see the need to apologise for the perception that someone else might have about our response habits, because someone else's perception is out of my control and realm of responsibility. I guess I've just become weary of having to deal with my mum's skewed perceptions all my life and recently decided that no matter what I do or say, her perceptions are her own and she needs to take responsibility for how she reacts to things, and that this shall henceforth apply to everyone else! By that I don't mean that I will become careless with how I say things, not at all, it's just that I don't think I'm an offensive person and that if someone takes issue with what I do or say then they need to figure out what it was that got to them and why...it's usually something that reflects back on that person. I know this to be the case when I dissect a conversation I haven't been happy with. If I think about it and realise that I put a colour on it that wasn't there, then I have to deal with my own perceptions. If I still feel someone was out of line then I'll address it in an appropriate manner - that is, approach that person on a mutual level of understanding. This might sound like gobbledigook by now, but trust me, I go through this in the fire brigade, horse riding club and governing association, uni etc. whenever there is a perceived conflict of ideas or 'personalities'.
    That's me done. No apologies. If someone feels that they are not getting value out of the forum then all we can do is say that we are here when you feel like coming back and we'd love to read from you again!
    ANYWAY, I just spoke to my sister and she informed me, when my mum had safely left the room, that the bottle of gin DP and I left with her last year (nearly 12 months ago), that had gone virtually untouched this whole time, is now nearly finished thanks to a binge my mum went on...she's only been there 3 days! She regrets it now, thankfully, and was very poorly for it the next day. Well, I hope she got it out of her system (the urge to binge) cos my sister doesn't need to be looking after an alco and her unborn child! Not only that, she'll have two grandchildren by the end of the year and she needs to either confront her demons or sit on them to stop inflicting them on everyone else (well, trying, anyway). Grrr!
    I'm so looking forward to Christmas, though - babies on the beach!
    Pony's rug is changed, it's bloody windy out there and I'm expecting the pager to go off all night...
    Oscar is still a bit sickly but heaps better than the previous days. Asleep again in the HAB
    Gotta look up this swimming pool that does baby classes...been meaning to do that for two weeks!
    ok, off again...
    PS Cee Cee, you started something with the Moo Goo!

I was reflecting today, on the dynamics in my mothers' group. We have only been together for 10 weeks or so, now, but already my female antennae are up and watching for the inevitable pairings that will form. There's Melanie (not real names, BTW) who is so completely charming, caring and gentle that she could go in any group, and Diane, who, like me, is super keen to get back to work (a career girl at heart) but loving every minute of her son - Diane rang me the other day asking me to go walking with her so we have "secretly" formed our group. There's Sonia, who I didn't like at first (she seemed such a priss) but now I see is a really nice woman but one with whom I have very little in common - she has paired up with Melanie - they shopped together yesterday, the ultimate female committment of friendship. (As an aside, when I spoke to Sonia on the phone, she mentioned to me that she shopped with Melanie, and I noticed that she mentioned it) Rhiannon is the oldest - I can't read her - I try to get her to like me cause I like her, and Kath is just a complete laugh - friendly, funny, considerate and modest (like Melanie but somehow her social "opposite", IYKWIM). Then there are Sally and Caroline, two Vietnamese women, who speak perfectly fluent English and understand every word, but don't join in much. I constantly find myself feeling bad at the end of our get togethers because I haven't spoken to then enough (in my view) or included them enough. Heck, I don't even know what they did before bubs, but I do admire their quiet reserve and thoughful comments whenever they do pipe up.

Despite these little groves being worn in our group, groves that, in 5 years time probably mean I will only see Diane and maybe Rhiannon, if I am lucky, we are an incredibly cohesive and well functioning group. During our gatherings everyone is supportive, non-judgmental, and tries to draw in those who tend to shyness. But after every meeting I find myself dwelling on what I have said, what Sally said, what Rhiannon said - trying to see if I said or did the right thing.

Gabysmum, there are undoubtedly groves being worn in our Junies group. Those with older children naturally understand eachother more, and probably empathise more. Because I want more than one child, maybe even three (or if I am completely insane, four!! ) I tend to pay special attention to those writing about juggling lots of little ones. Even that said - I am not there yet and so don't "get" (IYKWIM) the toddler taming woes. Another example - I don't really tune in too much to talk of horses (a few of us have them and I am in no way picking on anyone person- just making a point about differences) because I don't have one and though I rode a few times as a kid never was a "horse girl", but absolutely do notice when something is wrong with someone's pet (horse, dog or cat) because I do love animals. I probably gravitate more to those in Melbourne, though, and I think I do have a closer "relationship" to those with websites (face to the name, etc).

So what I am trying to say is: I think you are picking up, as any woman would, on the subtle dynamics that go on between women. There are those in here I "click with" more than others, those I admire from afar but don't have that much in common with and so would feel unable "speak" to, and those with whom I probably would end up having a fight with if I met them at a party. Then there are those whose honesty I admire, who's jokes I laugh at, and who I sometimes think should pull their head in. But I still value and enjoy my time in here and every one of all us. I value that we are all mothers and the fact that I can learn from you all and be part of a wonderful world of loving women who care for their children, who would take a bullet for their children, who would kill for them. I see other women in the street and think "she can't POSSIBLY" love her son as much as I love mine, but guess what, she does. I don't - I think her kid looks like a troll (our early nickname for Flynn, BTW) but she does. She thinks he is marvellous.

I am rambling now, but, Gabysmum, I do hope you come back and keep visiting.

PS: Howdy Tanya - I saw your post in another forum about your mum. Hope things are getting better. If its any consolation my family is warped so I think I know how you feel....

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast