Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #10

I fully understand your last statement Bath - ever time the washing basket empty's I feel like I'm ahead only to turn round the next day and start again!!!!

NOthing stuck to the table - yeh!!!!

Jo - sorry to hear about your parents but its amazing how many couples (similar sounding to your parents) that this seems to happen to. Hopefully Freya will give you a bit of a break soon and have a couple of "good days" in a row.

Anyone want to predict Sydney's weather for the weekend?????? Can't decide what to pack for the kids

What is an epi pen?
    IK- sorry for your gf loss, i hope she is ok & will fall again soon.
    I think Simone said some time ago that Jess didnt have internet, hence why she hasnt been around. hope she is doing ok with all the kids if dh is still away.
    Jo- good to c u back but terribly sorry to hear about your parents. it must b pretty hard for u to supporting your mum & coming to terms with it yourself. i hope she can start a new chapter in her life once all the moving is over & i hope Freya gives u a bit of a rest!

KLR- id be wrried sugar would give her a sweet tooth, was it a friend or something that mentioned this? if u started a trend now imagine a few yrs down the track when she my only drink water with sugar in it? i dont think it could b good for when she does get her teeth either. all the info i got on starting solods from MCHN say to not add anything like salt etc, like making pumkin/apple everything should b on its onwn. do u have a MCHN u could spk to?
    CeeCee- hope u have a fantastic time!

ive been madly trying to clean the house & pack as we go away tomorrow, the one day i'd like nixon to be happy playing on his own while i got stuff done he just wants attention!
    anyway may have a chance to get on line a few times while i am away hopefyully.
    just teed up to meet my gf who had a boy 8weeks early (12weeks ago) (he was same size everything to Nixon borm)ive seen the pics and its scarey how much he and Nixon look alike! my sister went to visit a few weeks ago & couldnt believe it! her 23month old came home telling Nanny she had just visited Nixon!

Wow lots happening in here the last few days, haven't had much chance to get on, Tori has been quite unsettled the last few days and in need of lots of extra cuddles.

Just a quick question for those who know anything about Mastitis/ blocked ducts, how do the symptoms present themselves? I have a really sore boob, and that side of my body is extra achey- is this the start of something and if so what should I do?

Jaspen- my gf just told me sydney is suppose to be 30 on friday (not sure when u r going up) i just went to Bom website to check it out;
    Saturday Fine. Mostly sunny.
    City: Min: 17 Max: 28
    West: Min: 13 Max: 30

Sunday Fine.
    City: Min: 18 Max: 27
    West: Min: 14 Max: 28

Monday Fine.
    City: Min: 13 Max: 22
    West: Min: 8 Max: 22

Tuesday Fine.
    City: Min: 13 Max: 23
    West: Min: 8 Max: 23

thanks for that Nic - here I was going to pack all winter gear and it looks like its going to be hot - you just can never pick it at this time of the year (we go up Fri arve back Sun arve). and why hadn't I thought of the BOM site myself - doh!

ETA - KL missed your post earlier about the sugar in the water - I believe its definitely a nono - something that was done a little when were kids but not these days - for the teeth/sweet tooth problem.

Ali - certianly sounds like it could be - from my understanding sore boob, red mark on boob and flu like symptoms are what to look for (never had it really though so don't quote me) - try and make sure you drain that side maybe even feeding from it for a couple of feeds ( or expressing to make sure its empty) will help I'm pretty sure they also suggest paracetamol for the pain/flu symptoms and rest - heat packs on the painful areas of the boob too I think. Hope it doesn't progress and is just a momentary blockage that clears real soon.
    Last edited by jaspen; September 20th, 2006 at 03:52 PM.

Ali: yeah, doesn't sound good with your boob there... often women feel a bit "fluey" too... I'd try massaging it under a warm shower then expressing or feeding until it was empty. Drink lots of fluids too so that your production cranks up to help things get flowing. I'm sure there would be a good thread in here some where about it... but that's all i can remember doing when i was teetering on the brink of getting it (infact I may have had a mild dose of it) when i was feeding verity... I think I nipped it in the bud early anyhow... the redness on the side of my boob was my main symptom, it didn't get to the "fluey" point though.... good luck...let us know how you go. Remember the Nurses hotline (if you have it in your area) is always a good option if you're not sure whether you should see a doctor

gotta be quick - flynn just pooed!

bath are you still heading into melb central tomorriw - i have a mchn appt at 11.30 but could be in by 1pm....

*Kristee* Guest

Hey girls,
    Back again twice in one day WOW.
    Just letting you know i am still round spying on whats going on.
    By the way thanksfor your advice, i won't be putting sugar in my DD water.
    I am feeling better today in the depressed state of mind....prob because tee has started to sleep 8.5hrs of a night, sleep cxan work wonders.
    GTG and fold washing.

Kristee-Lea - 21
    Tarleha Maye- 29/06/06
    Tying the knot 7th April
    TTC March/April (unofficially Jan onwards)

i think that nurses helpline is just in Melbourne Bath?
    other states might have their own one not sure. i just know when i mentioned it to my mum/sister in syd they had never heard of it.
    but there is always the ABA hotline or Maternal child usually have a 24hr line too

Hmm, possibly Nic... maybe it's called something else in WA?

mmmm....munch munch... eating home made popcorn... crunch... Verity is allowed to make it herself as a relatively healthy afternnon snack (as long as she doesn't add too much popcorn salt)... really hitting the spot... better than sweet biccys I guess.

Rory: I hadn't made up my mind whether to go in tomorrow but the kids would love to and as long as it's not going to be too much of a rush for you I'd be great to meet up
    I've probably already said it 10 times but what I do is hop off the train at Melbourne Central and make a beeline to the Big Clock if it's close to the hour (to let Wade see his beloved birds) then wander over to Borders (about 20 steps away from the clock) ... or visa versa if it's not close to the hour... (the clock plays it's song on the hour every hour). Myer have a special deal ATM with a free Peter Rabbit t-Shirt with every purchase over $40 so I'm gonna check that out too if you don't mind wandering over the bridge. Do you have the mobile phone list? Just give me a call if you can't make it Oh... so we can either meet at the clock or at Border's Children's book section.... there's also a good cafe in Borders if you haven't had lunch at that stage or we could just have a coffee as it's fairly child friendly and I've BF there before no probs... are you catching the train in?

ETA: Aneta and niall are 100 days old tomorrow! I've just sent Enigma an sms saying we still miss her!

I know NSW have a childrens health helpline but I don't know about a general one like your nurses helpline.

ETA - Nic- from my understanding an epi pen is a pen like injection that those suffering from bad allergies have on hand such that if a reaction occurs and they go into anaphalactic shock (swelling of airways etc) this injection can be given to reverse (or help stop) the reaction.
    Last edited by jaspen; September 20th, 2006 at 05:30 PM.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

KL - you wrote that your little one sleeps 8 hrs, (and others on the forum may disagree with me) but I think you should wake her for a feed after 4 hours... ONLY IF YOU ARE CONCERNED THAT SHE IS NOT DRINKING ENOUGH, AND THAT IS IS ONLY 7 POUNDS. If you are not concerned don't worry. There is a valid theory that belives that babies can tell you when they are hungry and you and your baby are in sink.. which I think is excellent and I totally agree with that theory on most occassions for most people... however as I was concerned that Ally only put on 300 grams in 3 weeks and her belly did not look fat enought now wake her at 10pm for a feed and I feel better... Don't know if it better for ally or not, but I feel better and I'm sure everyone will agree that it can't hurt her and a happy mum is a good outcome... So maybe consider an extra feed. I know you are enjoying the extra sleep, but just feed her before you go to bed (even if it is 9pm) so you don't miss out on your sleep. Good luck honey...

Baths: Thanks for sending the text to Enigma... yes we do miss her. Re: how long the product takes, about a week. I think they are a small company in W.A and they send via regular mail.. You are going to love the goats milk soap... I always buy five bars at a time to last me all year! I even use it on my face.

Jaspen: Sydney is HOT... it was 31 yesterday.

Ok, now I really must go pack... chat when I return in a week...

Thanks CeeCee - do you think you can cool it down a little by Friday night?? LOL

Cee_Cee, thanks for the heads up on the MooGoo, I actualley went to a stockist here in Perth today to get some ofthe cream, for DH to try on his psrosis as it is coming into summer and gets really bad. The products just smell divine- Ithink that when I have used up all the stuff I got given for Tori, I might start buying that to use on her.

Bath- I also texted Enigma the other day asking her if she wants to meet up with some of us Perth girls on Friday. SHe is going to try and make it, hopefully I can catch up on all the goss with her then.

Sore Boob: I am desperatly trying to massage out what I think is a blocked milk duct, I hope I have caught it early enough so that it doesnt turn into anything Nasty. Tori has decided that she doesnt need to feed as often the last few days so I am making too much milk ( I actualley think she has just finished a growing spurt and doesnt need as much).

Anyway better go, we are having a slack night tonight, I have just ordered chinese for dinner so I had better go and pick it up- Wednesday night is the one night DH and I sit down together and watch TV, first we watch Thank God Your Here, then Spicks and Specks!

*Kristee* Guest

Hey girls,
    Nic an epi-pen is exactly what Jaspen said as i have to carry one around in case i get stung by a bee as i react real bad to them....if i get stung and don't have my epi-pen get me to a hospital within 20mins or i'm dead, so yeah they are for people who have drastic reactions for things.
    Cee Cee i have had other people tell me to wake her to feed her but i agree with the theory of she will let me know whenshe is hungry. Her pead said it was ok because she will only ever be in the 10th percentile (i think) for her weight all her life...well while she is young anyway. By the way you still haven't told me what multi-vitamin you take.....i am very curious!!!!!
    Ali25 if you don't mind me asking what is "MooGoo"??? Hope your boob gets better soon for you without any problems.

I have decided that i need to get back into my exercise have been very slack lately, i have to remember that the weight won't just fall off..although that would be good But i seem to be so blocked up and coughing so much because of all the pollen around, DD is suffering too. I have asthma and hayfever and we don't know what DD has as the doctors say she is too young to diagnose with anything.
    I finally got my engagement ring today and it is gorgeous and to think he picked it out himself, he has great taste in womens jewellry!!! Actually that is a scary thought. :eek:

Kristee-Lea -21
    Tarleha Maye - 29/06/06
    Tying the knot 7th April
    TTC March/April (unofficially Jan onwards)

#karen# Guest

Ali - if you get chills or still sore in morning I would go to dr to get antibiotics - dicloxacillin or equivalent as long as you don't have a penicillin allergy. I would not want you to go thru what I did the other week I thought I could manage it with feeding on that side and massaging, but got mastitis and it was horrid. The 2nd day I was in bed all day, had chills, vomiting, aching and could not get up, dh had to take the day off.
    Gabysmum - hope you have a good trip trip to perth.. I really hope we see you again in here. Take care.
    Hi to everyone else. I am off to bed now while the going is good.

Before I get distracted by a crying bub - Bath, I have missed a day! I think you said you were planning on going to Melb Central on FRIDAY Are you going then? I can't make it tomorrow - are you still going on FRIDAY?

Gotta go - must get some sleep. Glad all seem to be well, save for Ali - keep on that boob girl

Hi Guys Yeas it is 3.00am and yes I'm wide awake, Michaels nightshift, I leave on holi's in the morning and Nathan has been awake most of the night ( the past 3 nights have been like this) so I have given up trying to sleep. I have left him winging in the other room, in my present state that is the best place for him as I may just throw him, Ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. It's not his fault the poor little thing. He has oral thrush, AGAIN. He had it when he was first born and the put him on drops and me on the oral gel (for the nipples). I never mentioned it as it was just too disgusting to mention. I can't believe he has it back, I asked the Doc WHY, How???? He said it's just one of those things, One of those things my ar se. There has to be a reason, is it me, am I too yeasty, am I eating something that doesn't agree with him, Do I need to shower more, what???? another Grrrrrrrrrrrr. I am tired, and cranky and I have mega sore nipples, I mean mega scrunch your toes, stop breathing kind of sharp searing pain. The entire feed is like this. I never had it with my girls. I just want to cry.

Gabysmum, I too often feel under appreciated and ignored in here, but no more than anyone else, I really don't expect people to comment on my drivel though, as I am a rambler. Lol. And mostly just jump on to vent about my day or ramble about what I'm up to, I never really post any questions or start topics. I'm sorry if I have contributed to you feeling put out. Mostly I will do topics rather then specific people, I may do one or two personals, if someone has posed a question, but I'm not on here enough to do personals to everyone as topics change so fast in here that I feel like I would be constantly behind the current flow of conversation. Please everyone know that I do read your posts. And I value everyone in here.

Bath Yes you're right if both parents are O+ then the children will be O+.

KLR I noticed you're getting married on my Birthday, hip hip horray. My WA is on the 6th

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast