Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #19

IK - tomorrow is going to be awful, especially as the BOM website is now predicting 36*C... and Declan has a temp (not as bad as earlier, but he's sweating LOTS) Xander has only thrown up once thanks goodness, just had some tummy cramps though. anneliese doesnt get this... atm she's still going to daycare, the boys both showed symptoms within 8 hours of each other, so anneliese should show by morning at the latest. Otherwise, maybe she can avoid it altogether!!

and BTW, Happy 5 months to all those babies born on the 19th!! (Oscar, Marley... anyone else??)

Hi all

Its late (again) but only just managed to get puter from Matt and caught up.

Simone: Sorry to hear you're having a rough time I wish I lived closer so I could help you out. Hopefully you'll get my package tomorrow and that will cheer you up darls!

Ceecee: Hang in there with Ally. Aleise has a Tomy music box that zonks her out in 10 mins if that fails we put her in the babyswing and she's out like a light!

Karen: Aleise hasn't wanted a dummy since early October so I guess that's one thing less I have to stress about.

Solids: Someone said their bub didn't like carrot and rice cereal.. try the Golden Circle 1st Foods range (eg Fruit Salad Gel) and mix it with the cereal - worked with Aleise. She doesn't like rice cereal anymore though so she now goes through a jar and a half of baby food a day. Bought more bananas today ($6 kilo at markets yay!) so am going to mash some up for her tomorrow. Good luck!

Me: Was a bit upset last night as my neighbour had her birthday party and didnt invite me! I gave her a lovely hairclip and chocolates since it was her 40th on Thursday. When we walked our pooch and Aleise we discovered they had a BBQ on! I went to bed crying and was very offended. Needless to say we won't be inviting them over for dinner anymore!

Well not much to report so hope to catch up when I can this week. Tuesday Billy Joel, Friday work Xmas party and Saturday is my bro's engagement party (the one where I have to bring my OWN food!)..

Take care all and good luck IK on your op - although I've got no idea why you need it (and s'pose its none of my business anyway).

NIght!

Neeny - Im sorry your neighbour left you out like that. Maybe she just had family around??

IK needs on op to straighen her nose (apparently its bent, i never notice!!!) Second op on it (from what i can remember LOL :P)

Simone & IK - thank you so much girls.

IK - as you said
    "each pet teaches us something that helps us love the next pet in a better way". I think this is so true. I keep saying to DH that at least he had a great life with us and was loved and looked after like our babies are. He was very spoilt but we loved him and I am sure he loved being with us. I will check out the website, thanks for directing me.

Are you going to think about getting another dog in time??

Yep, I got my nose out of joint as a very active kid! Can't breathe properly from one side, even after surgery when I was 16, so must go again to see if this time it can be done better, once and for all.
    Oscar is on the floor...in his wally wrap! My SIL was very impressed with it, so I'll have to teach it to her.
    Happy 5 months Marley and Nathan
    Might run a bath and make this boy sleepy in it...

OMG i cant believe oscar is still up!! I make Anneliese go to bed at about 8.30, Xander goes to bed at 8pm, declan between 7 and 7.30. That way i get some Me time (none of that tonight though, just started watching Monsters Inc for a second time in my bed with Xander. At least he isnt crying anymore...)

Simone - we will probably get another dog, I have always grown up with one and so has DH. It will take a bit of time I think, we don't want to rush into it. I used to love having a big dog around especially when DH work nightshift and I am home alone! His very loud bark would scare anyone away. Might be a bit spooky the first time DH is away. Monsters Inc is good - hopefully Xander will nod off soon and get a good nights sleep (and you too)

IK - the wally wrap is the best (Rory you are a legend!!!!!LOL). I am still trying to perfect it, but it is working great esp in todays weather. Hope Oscar enjoys his bath and sleeps well tonight.

is that the wrap where you mainly pin down their arms?? LOL

sure is. It keeps their arms to the side and you don't have to put the wrap around their body so they don't get too hot. You need to use a big wrap though otherwise it doesn't work properly. It's tricky to master, but i am getting there. Might need some more lessons off Rory!!!

I didnt wrap anneliese tonight, she just kept kicking herself out. I was so frustrated at everything i just let her cry herself to sleep. I felt awful, but holding her was making the both of us cry!!

alrightly ladies, im off, must get Xander to bed and check on Declan...

mel

talk to you all tomorrow

Morning girls - looks like the calm before the storm, weather-wise. It's still pretty cool out there......

Simone, hope your night wasn't too rough!

Mel - the wally wrap rocks, hey? Must tell my GF whose hubby "invented" it - LOL!

IK, someone was posting about nose jobs in the general fitness thread - same thing - nose broken as a kid and contemplating surgery. Thought you might like to contribute....
    Also, nice that you can take Oscar to the beach, and even better that it is on the peninsula (I HATE swimming in Port Philip Bay - I always feel slimy afterwards. I only like scuba diving in the bay...)

Nenny, like Sim said, maybe your neighbour just had family over - or maybe they thought Aleise wouldn't like the noise? It was my boy that didn't like carrot (though he LOVES rice cereal with booby juice) Today I will try him on pumpkin - like you girls said, something sweeter might go down better. Should have seen him though - he literally got shivers down his spine eating the carrot!!

Mel, so sorry about your dog! Dunno if this helps, but at least you got to have Cooper till he died. I had a great dane when I was six but she got lost when she was about 1yo, and we also had a lab/rotty cross which got lost when it was 2yo and I was about 8. Oh, and I forgot, my chiuhuahua (sp?) got lost when I was about 12 (it was still a pup) and even one of my guinea pigs (my fave) was accidentally let out of her cage (I haven't had much luck with losing pets!!) So at least you know that Cooper had a good life and didn't end up alone in some pen somewhere, and if he made it to 8 that is a really good inning for a GD

better go - my ma is coming over to help me make dresses for my friends little girl (actually, the daughter of Wally - inventor of the wally wrap!)

ciao bellas, will pop in later....

Hey ladies... What a nightmare night. DH came over at 4am to pick up the car after to U2 concert. He got there early (he had to pack the whole stage up) and got to watch half the concert for free!! AND got a tshirt!! But as he said... "Pity im not a U2 fan!!" But he's doing kylie when her show comes her, and he's in love with kylie... But back on subject DH came round after i'd just gotten the kids to sleep to pick up the car, as he's going computer shopping today. So i feel stuffed. And on top of that, the boys are still sick and i cant take them to daycare and im not going to make them walk so i can take Anneliese, so i have all 3 at home, the house is a mess and i think im coming down with their flu now too...

On phone now trying to swing something with the hospital to take them up on their baby friendly classification...their trying to organise a cot, but even though I don't use a cot, I suppose it's better than nothing. I probably won't get much sleep anyway. Ok, just got off. Might be better if Oscar can take to the bottle in the next two days! They gave me the spiel about how they couldn't be responsible if anything happened because he's not a patient on the ward...however, there must be something to be said about duty of care, should push come to shove...
    ANYWAY...
    Simone - I know about being better off not handling the baby when you're really upset, it's like a self-perpetuating situation, isn't it? I remember my health nurse saying that babies are like our barometer - if you're upset they will be upset. Probably better to leave her crying than to have the situation escalate, I agree. I wish you were having a better time today In a few days the boys will be better, you will be better and wondering how it seemed so bad at the time. I know this doesn't help right now, so you can just ignore me if you need to...
    Rory - yep, Wally should put his name to some long wrap, a summer and winter version (muslin in summer, fleecy or cotton waffle in winter) and patent it! Please tell him I'm ever so grateful! I'll also check out that thread, thanks!
    Yep, Oscar was up late cos he woke up while I was taking a break between washing loads, so I decided we'd have a bath but he had to wait a bit for the bath to fill...hence his time in the Wally Wrap. He'd been asleep from about 9. Going to bed just after 12, however, wasn't so bad cos he is still in bed, asleep
    Going to try to put out some washing, get ready and get out of here.
    Mel - every time I hear someone say they won't rush into it they have ended up with another dog before they realised it LOL! Do you think you'll do Dane Rescue again? I hope so. DP REALLY doesn't want me to have a GD, but that and an Irish Wolfhound is all I've ever really wanted - so anything big or scruffy have been my substitutes thus far! When your doggy dies your doggy love doesn't, so you need another one to direct all that doggy love to...you know it's true! I hope you find something useful to tell Chelsea on the VAAT site.

Well, quiet reins once again. Declan is snuggled up next to me, wrapped in a light blanket, Xander is out watching Bugs life (again, he can acually speak along with some parts of the movie now...) and Anneliese has just gone to bed.

IK - why would i ignore you??!! You're always there when i feel like sending out harrassing emails LOL!

Arghh what an awful day! Overcast and yucky!!! So much for finishing off painting Aja's cot
    Well my devil child decided to wake up at 2am and then 5am - Michael got up to her which was great but I was still awake! She's been soooo good since birth with sleeping, so I think maybe its a teething thing? I mean she has been very difficult to get to sleep recently and not sleeping as long - please don't change now!

There has been so many replies since I last came on so I'm not going to do personals but can someone tell me roughly what time people come on to post so maybe I can come on and do them as they happen?

ckm - everyone comes on diff times during the day. I normally just refresh every half hour or so and catch up that way. Works for me!!

Love this weather, as long as it doesnt get too hot...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast