Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #2

#karen# Guest

Enjoy your night tonight Simone.
    Rory - well you have made a great start by acknowledging the issues you have, i have had similiar issues and I try to use the 12 step program. Even if there is no alcohol issues these steps are a great philosphy to live by.
    Kel - things sound like they are going okay, my hat goes off to you coping with twins while hubby is away, glad your dh will be home soon.

Me too Karen! I cant wait to see him! He sent me a naughty e-mail! What am I supposed to do with that! I went all red reading it! God I feel like a fish out of water with this sort of thing!!! hehehe

woah Kel , there you are raising twins and a young daughter - and you come on here with the most positive upbeat approach to it all - well done , your a legend , you made me fell inspired and Im going to stop complaining ! How about some new pics of your babies ?? We want to see how the twinies have grown!

Karen - I had / have seperated tummy muscles , quite honestly i have NO IDEA what it means.. typical! .. But I do know that a few days after birth I went and did some sit ups and was in agony. tsk tsk ... Im too scared to try again , but am going on a 6km walk today ... wish me luck! I'll let you know if it was a good idea or not

Tanya - hows Lucas going?? ... as everyone says I think wrapping is a good idea. I have no idea how to do it , so now Aneta doesnt sleep wrapped up anymore.. she's got this little doona thing we zip her up in. In Poland every baby sleeps in one of these , but over here I havent seen them yet.

Rory - the fact that you aknowledge there's an issue and you want to change , is already a big step forward. I have a very difficult personality ,and half the time im living in denial blaming everyone around me.

IK - your a trooper with the b/f. Infact I think all of you breast feeding mummies are... I only tried for one day and it was so painful , so unpleasant , i didnt even consider persevering like all of you had. Well done...

Simone - gimme 5 that she's home !!!.. woohoo

Nickers - sorry to hear that your having problems with Nixon vomiting all the time But everytime I read your posts im surprised at how well you handle everything , you go out shopping with him in huge crowds , you took him on a plane trip , your breastfeeding. To me it sounds like your doing a top job !... Aneta is 4 weeks on Tuesday and I STILL havent taken her out by myself .

Ok , Junies.. im off again.. big huge hello to all of you

hey everyone, so good to be in the june babies and not the june bellies!!

still no luck for me, lachlan is constantly screaming when awake, the only time i get peace is when he is feeding or asleep and he doesnt sleep well either, last night he would wake and i would feed and change him (1 hour) then get him back off to sleep (1/2 hour) thenhe would wake about 1/2 hour later!! he is really unhappy and seems to be in pain but even after a big burp and spew he is still really upset, im sure im doing something wrong, i haave been to the family care clininc twice to try to get help and both times he seems to be fine and goes to sleep well etc. im sure the lady thinks im makng it all up!! i just dont know what else to do. she suggested that i take him to the doctor to get looked over just to make sure that there is nothing wront. im doing this next week.

Nickers - im hearing you with the vomit thing. i am constantly covered in it too.

Can my details be added to the front please::

Name: Dee78 (donna)
    State: NSW
    DOB:14.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 5oz (3310g), Length - 51cm Head - 36cm
    Babyname: Lachlan Roy
    Health concerns:
    Notes: very unsettled, doesnt like to sleep anywhere but mum or dads chest!!

all done for you Donna

Oooh we've been busy posters today! I've been into the city... main mission was to buy DD a pair of Converse shoes... took a while but achieved... Niall slept the enitire period I was gone so that was easy. DH catching up on sleep now, Wade napping too.

Rory: the gap between my two boys is 2.8 years which is what we planned for and I think is ideal: I personally couldn't have coped with them closer together (Wade is hopefully nearing the end of a very challenging age... he's also able to do a few things for himself like go to the potty (for wees anyhow) etc which really helps... also with him being a little older he doesn't need his highchair/cot/smaller car seat so we haven't had to double up or force him to give them up too early) plus he sleeps through until 7.30am 99% of the time (i couldn't handle being woken up by 2 children each night) still, lots of people like to have children close together... I know my limitations though... he is still quite tricky to manage behaviour-wise and I know from working with young children that 3yo's are usually much more co-operative than 2yos so I'm really looking forward to his birthday!

Independant sleeping: I agree with Kel: if you can gently encourage your babies to fall asleep after you've put them down life will be much easier for all concerned. I've found that the most trauma-free way of achieving this is using a pram. I learnt this after noticing how easy my babies fell asleep whilst out walking them in the pram... so now i just let Niall sleep in his during the day... mine's a big Emmaljunga one though so it's almost as big as a cradle anyhow. Wade learnt to fall asleep by himself in the pram when very young and when it came time for him to sleep in his big cot he coped quite well.

Jess: You belong right here... eventually our babies will be catagorised into much broader BB groups so stick with us hon and don't stress about labels

uh oh... Wade awake... gotta go deal... back later!

Angel DD and her friend have taken Wade for a walk...

IK: what is vasospasm? and what does it feel like? When I was BFing Wade I often had this weird/awful pain that was kinda like he was sucking my breast tissue out! it was also kinda achey...went through my whole chest and sometimes even down into my legs a bit like restless leg syndrome!!! It was agony some days and i just couldn't wait to get him off... that was when it was at it's worst... most times it was just bad when he first attached (didn't hurt the nipple, just sucked too hard and seemed to hurt the actual ducts!)... Niall sucks more gently thank God... I don't know why I never mentioned the pain of Wade's feeding to the MCHN, maybe because I thought it would go away or maybe it was just because I didn't like her... anyway I was determined to keep feeding and it did eventually settle down. Your attitude is so fantastic however if you end up in tears too frequently don't be too hard on yourself... BF is definately worthwhile but not to the point that you're in misery... you've given Oscar a great start and formula is preferable to you being in a constant state of trauma

...gotta fetch snacks for DD/her friend/Wade...

Bath i just heard you r coming to the BB dinner tonight! cool Nixon & i are leaving soon.
    Are u bringing Niall/Wade/Verity/DH?
    Simone & Anneliese are going too.

Hello everyone!

Firstly I want to say thanks to MisKel for making me laugh!!! I wish i was getting some of those naughty emails - blush blush!!! DH is insisting that we wait till my 6 week checkup which is frustrating the hell out of me at the moment. Am in the mood for some loving despite the fact that we are both exhausted!!!

Alex is also a spewy baby and I was worried I was underfeeding him. I found that because he was spewing I wasnt giving him as much cause I thought initially that I was overfeeding, but now I realise that that is just his body and I am actually feeding him more and now have a more content baby. I keep forgetting what a big boy he is. So Tanya if you find that a top-up feed after a spew is going to settle him by all means do it. Also you can get "sleeping bags" for babys from most baby shops and Bonds even do a range. May not be quite the same as Anetas but they are nice and warm and snug.

Bath it sounds like your DD is an angel indeed for taking Wade off your hands, I hear you about it being a difficult age. Gaby is only 2 months younger then Wade and whereas sometimes she is an angel at other times she is the devil in disguise. She is jsut plain hard work at the moment and talks a million miles a minute when sometimes all I want it peace and quiet and no more questions!!!

IK, hope you manage to resolve your breastfeeding issues. Would hate to be in constant pain so you are a real champ for sticking with it. Some days are still a struggle here with ALex too, it seems like he is fighting me when he is feeding and it is a huge effort on both of our behalfs.

Hope everyone else is well. Alex has just woken from a nap, he was asleep in bed with me as I found that was the only way to settle him today.

Ooh I just remembered, Alex turned 1 month this week and I was so excited. It has gone by so fast!
    Last edited by Trillian; July 8th, 2006 at 08:14 PM. Reason: two posts in a row

Well we have had a better day here today Tori has fed and slept pretty well, so I am feeling nice and relaxed. I have to say having DH at home has been a godsend, I have to agree with you Tanya my DH and I are much closer since having the baby, working as a team and all the rest, it is great.

Spewy babies Tori is a bit of a spewy baby, she will spew at least once after each feed, and if she gets the hiccups she can spew 3or 4 times. Luckily it is not projectile vomitting, but still not so nice. If she has a big spew I usually give her a bit more milk and it seems to settle her quite well.

Night Feeds I have to say that I am extremley lucky so far where night feeds are concerned, Tori usually has a feed about 8:30 then 12, 3 ish and 6 ish which is great becaus I am only having to get up twice in the night. She also feeds and then goes straight back to sleep which is good because I am getting at least 2.5 hours sleep between each feed.

Wrapping We usually wrap Tori at night, and that is one of the signals for her that it is night time and time for sleeping, so far it seems to be working quite well. During the day I just tuck a blankey around her.

Kel Sounds like the twins are doing wonderfully well, and that you are coping well with raising 3 kids, especially with DH working away. I just realised that the twins are exactley a month older than Tori.

Enigma A 6km walk?? Where do you find the energy, we are still tackling walking around the block, mind you I am planning on going back to the gym in a month and I have say that I am really looking forward to getting into some regular excercise again.

Rory Sory to hear that you are having a bit of a tough time at the moment, but good on you for realising what you problem is and wanting to do something about it. Surley that is the first and most important step. I hope that you are feeling better about yourself in no time at all.

IK
    I hope that the breast feeding is getting easier for you. I have to say that I am quite lucky with the whole attachement thing because Tori was attaching well from the word go, but I still struggle with it some days. I think like you said it is just that at times it is sooooooo physcially exhausting. Good luck with it all.

Anyway a big hello to everyone else, it is good to see that even though we are still adjusting to our new lives that we are able to stop by here and keep tabs on each other. I have found that knowing that there are others out there in the same situation as me has made coping a lot better. Especially when I am sitting there at 3am fighting off sleep and trying to feed the baby, it is nice to know that I am not the only one in the world awake doing that exact same task.

I hope everyone is enjoying there weekend.

I totally agree with Bath about the pram being great for encouraging sleep. I think that if Jack & Charlee can do it so well in the pram then they can do it in the cot. I try really hard to be strong and not pick them up once they are down at night. It is working, Jack is very quick at falling asleep and last night he even managed it without his dummy! Charlee is a real mummys girl and she will look around and listen for me and really turn it on if I dont pick her up but we are getting there slowly.

I am very upbeat and I am very positive. I guess I have just chosen to soldier on and if the time comes that I feel like falling in a heap then I will deal with it then. I am very independent and always have been. But dont get me wrong there have been lotss of tears and a few very trying times since the twins arrived. When it gets to that point I just put everyone in bed with me and deal with it all in the morning!!!

Anyway I am off to snuggle on the lounge with my bubbas!

Love Kel

Good morning ... wow...no posts since 8pm last night???

Well guess what! I had the great pleasure of meeting Nic and gorgeous little Nixon last night at the Victorian Member's Restaurant club dinner (Lygon St, Carlton) I didn't realise it was being organised until late yesterday afternoon when I saw Simone's post... poor DH was just waking up from a long nap at 5pm when I tentatively mentioned it... for some reason I kinda felt guilty asking if I could go along after spending the morning in the city shopping but to my surprise he was very supportive! He still has a bad cough and didn't feel up to going himself but suggested i take Verity along... he stayed at home with the boys and managed to successfully give Niall a bottle. So I was able to relax and have a rare night out... the venue unfortunately was incredibly popular and getting in and out from my seat was tricky so I didn't get a chance to chat to Simone but Nic was right beside me telling me about her trip to the clairvoyant until a waiter dropped a pizza tray right next to Nixon's pram which woke him up (it was incredibly loud, i almost jumped out of my chair myself)... but at least then we got a chance to see him and his absolutely gorgeous blue eyes (Mum's eyes i think ) even though poor Nic had a bit of a job dealing with him from that point on. Then Verity ordered this humungeous piece of Mars Bar Cake, which I had to help her eat LOL and after eating that she didn't feel very well! Anyhow I'm looking forward to the next time and the BB event in September. Maybe IK and Rory would like to come along to the next dinner? It'd be great to meet you guys too!

Well after such a full-on day yesterday I've got to rest today... got a footy game to listen to... nappies to fold...

Thinking of CeeCee... hope you're ok darl

My goodness, I agree no more belly aching about being bad mothers, you certainly are not!! These little pepole are exhausting, they are very demanding and they will take up 99.9% of your time. So chin up, you are all doing great. Misskel is right they don't come with a manual or a remote control for that matter. Misskel you cracked me up, lol. And I agree it should be known as the "Babies who were MEANT to be born in June" !! Jess you are one of us, and don't think differently, OK, good.
    Now a message for any unsupportive misunderstanding daddies out there. Get over it, if you think its messy clean it up yourself, if your hungry get yourself something to eat. Mothering at this stage of the game is a definate 24 hour job. In a few months time things will have settled and baby will be content rolling around the floor while a bit of housework/cooking gets done.
    What men have to understand is that just because you cut the cord doesn't mean the babies are no longer attached. We are the only mammals to cut the cord and chuck the babies out on there own and expect them to cope. It doesn't work that way. They need us, we are their food and their soothing comfort and their warmth we are their mummies and they need to be held and soothed and slowly encouraged to fend for themselves. The strength of this attachment doesn't last for that long. the house work will keep.
    I'm lucky or should I say DH is lucky to be so supportive and understanding and wouldn't dare have a go, if I gave him a chioce between doing dishes or dealing with a screaming newborn, I know what he would choose. lol.
    I have been so thankful for the school holidays, my girls have earnt some mega pocket money doing chores for me. So the house has been kinda clean, it's not perfect but it will do. But who cares if it is a mess. Thats what is great about large families everyone pitches in and things get done. But if you get the kids to do jobs you have to be prepared to accept a less then perfect attempt and praise them for it.:eek:
    Slings, I love my sling I have a baa baa sling, it is brillliant and he loves it as much as me. With two todlers and a newborn it is important to have both hands free. I recommend buying one. lol, I sound like a commercial.lol.
    Spewy babies, I got lucky on that front, so far so good, although at times he likes to hold on to his wind.
    Enigma oohhhhh, babe, such a shame, the discomfort goes within a week you wiggle your toes and count to ten and the discomfort fades, if it doesn't then bubba isn't attached properly. Definately not a put down though darl, it is your choice, I have done both, I just find breastfeeding so lovely and not to mention cheap and convenient, lol.

Sorry big post, but I haven't been around much, been busy for some reason, lol.

OK just a quick vent, Usually I will just smile a go along with a conversation with a stranger so as not to be rude even though they may be being rude themselves and holding me up. But.... Yesterday I went over to see my Sister for her Bday but first had to go shopping and pick up a pressy for her. So I drove over to Moranbah and went to Target for a pressy and Coles to shop. Now I was by myself with all five children, on a busy Saturday morning Bub cracked up so I was pushing a heavy trolley sigle handedly and breastfeeding, (Forgot the sling, d'oh) baby and DD1 pushed the other trolley with DD3 and 4 in it., She did a great job following me from aisle to aisle, and went as fast as I could as DD3 and 4 were getting hungry and tired and were starting to play up. I was in the personals aisle in front of the tampon and pads section as I needed some supplies, when this woman, an older lady mid 40's with her 2-3 year old daughter was trying desperately to engage me in a conversation, "Oh he's a newy," Ohh look at the baby", "Would you like mummy to have another one of those" 'Would you like to see the baby" "You do, ok lets look at the baby". I was not in the mood to be nice and obliging, I was in a hurry, I was breastfeeding and pushing a trolley and rounding up the other four children to keep up, I stopped for a moment to get some more pads. This rude woman grabbed my arm(my breastfeeding side arm), so as to turn me around so that I could show her and her daughter the baby. She said "ohh how old is he 4-5 weeks", I was frowning at her and said abruptly, "no he's 2 and a half weeks" and turned my head to indicate her to the other four two of which were squabbling with each other (miss 1 and 3) and said" and I am extremely busy, thank you. Picked up a packet of pads and Said "Come on girls, let's keep moving) I felt very rude, but at the same time who is she to ignore my body language and the fact that I was trying to ignore her and grab my arm so that she could see the baby. You get comments all the time don't you, and I really don't mind, and am very flattered when people comment on my babies and I like to show them off but to physically grab me is not on. Particulary when I'm breastfeeding.
    Grrrrrrrr, Vent over. ahhhhh I feel much better.

Ohh Bath I'm so jealous, I wish I could meet you all. But I live a long, long way away from anywhere, lol.
    Last edited by Trillian; July 9th, 2006 at 01:17 PM. Reason: two posts in a row

Well done darl....Some people just don't know when to leave you alone! bbs

I didn't even know about the BB night! Probably still wouldn't have gone - we had a dinner invite, but I think I'll be up for the next one!
    My mum left just before to get back to the country - she is really pained now when she has to leave Oscar, what a turn around! Unfortunately, now she's taken to saying that she's a bad mother I hate when she continues to punish herself, instead of just learning and moving on. She's been the mother I want her to be since she came to see Oscar and she's still punishing herself???
    BFing is definitely improving - last night I had an attachment on one side that was textbook! It hasn't been perfect since then, but I have that one successful feed to go on with now and to follow up. We went to DP's brother's for dinner last night and my SIL assured me (to add to the other assurances I've received) that it DOES just happen. For her she was thinking it was a crock and, literally, the very next day is just clicked and happened. It MUST get better, cos so many people BF I'm not a trooper, I don't think, I'm just doing what I have to do cos I know it makes my boy happy and it makes me happy when he's content.
    Slings - my girlfriend has lent me her Hug a Bub and it is the best thing ever.Hands free shopping! I was about to buy one, but now I have a free loan, so I am very pleased with myself. I walked around Knox City for about two hours with Oscar on me and it was so liberating, not to mention the audible comments of "did you see the baby? How cute!" from various shoppers! I had been looking into getting a HAB since November, so by the time I got it I didn't even need to follow the video (also, our VCR is disconnected!), I just went to the website and followed some pictures and voila! I had it It is so comfy, I recomment persevering with the 'fiddliness' of it.
    Dee, I can't believe you were virtually accosted by that lady! Obviously someone who isn't BFing and missing an entire brain (note to those bottlefeeding, I mean this in a mutually exclusive manner!) to think it's ok to manouevre you mid-feed and against your will!
    Bath - sounds like you might have had vasospasm! The sensation varies, mine is a stinging pain in my nipples, the middle of the nipple turns white and VERY cold after a feed, so I have to cover up and apply a heat pack after. It's a blood constriction condition, either related to Reynaud's Syndrome or some other emotional stress that causes a psychosomatic blood constriction. In my case it was either the thing with my mum or a the initial attachment issues I've been having (causing flinching, anticipation of pain, blood constriction - a vicious cycle...), but I now suspect it was the latter that started it. It'll get better as our attachment sorts itself out and I can relax better at the start of a feed. Cold weather is when it tends to be a problem for BFing women.
    Kel - I'm a bit like you, why bother holding onto bad feelings? Every day is a new day and nothing is helped by remaining a grumpy-bum! Then you look at your angel's face and everything melts into obscurity, so I'm pretty happy aside from the BFing issues, DP getting grumpy in the middle of the night (when he wakes when I'm feeding), etc.
    I think this monkey wants another feed - my right boob is going to welcome that!

Hi All,

Bath you make it sound so good i was going to jump on here and tell everyone how unsettled Nixon was last night! I probably would have been better leaving him @ home with DH but every dinner outing so far Nixon has been a dream, until last night!
    Poor baby did get woken up by the loud bang, he was also quiet spewey, pooed when we got there so i changed him (in his pram no room anywhere!) I fed him a bottle but he was a bit spewey after that and he wet his clothes so off come ALL of his clothes (again in his pram) to change him.... I was quiet dissapointed too that i didnt get to chat to everyone, esp Simone. Sorry but as Bath said we were kinda jammed in the corner and there was no excaping! Anneleise is soooooo gorgous though! I cannot believe how well she is, and how good you look and how she is at home and venturing out with mummy when she should be in your belly for another 5 weeks! She is now about the size that Nixon was born and i didnt realise until now how quickly they do grow. Everyne keeps saying it but to me he still seems so small, but he has put on almost 2kg since birth!
    It was great to finally meet Bathsheba and Verity, she is very pretty and looks alot like her mum! I also got to meet Kelly, Divvy, Meredith,Danni and Carrie who gave Nixon a nice gift.

Kel you are a trooper i tell yah..... you make it sound like a walk in the park and if its not you just accept it!

if any of you guys can get to your local meet ups i recommend it, its great to put faces to these names and ppl we always type to!

anyway going to gave have a bath with Nixon!

Hi everyone,

Just a quick one from me, i have lots to do before Rowen gets home Tuesday!

I cant believe that woman Dee! What a rude thing to do (grabbing your arm)!! I would go off, that is one thing I will not tolerate! Being touched by a stranger is just not on. I would never ever do that to someone I just could imagine how uncomfortable it would make you! As for people pestering you when your out, I dont mean to sound like you guys have it easy but you should seriously try it with TWINS! Its ridiculous, like Jack and Charlee are some kind of circus attraction! I would love a dollar for everytime I have heard in the last 6 weeks, "One of each, arent you lucky" "Twins, how amazing" "Arent you clever, one of each" and for the comment to really top it off "ARE THEY IDENTICAL" I mean are you serious??? And that is what I asked one lady and she looked at me like I was really rude? How can they be identical?? One has a penis and the other a vagina!!!!
    God its like every person within cooee of my pram has to stop me and poke them and prod them! They even put the tram cover up and look right in! Then I get the story about old aunty agnes and her twins! So now I leave one at home with mum and do my shopping or just go in alone! Twins was agreat novelty at first but now they are just Jack and Charlee. My kids. And its so frustrating!

Glad to hear that all the Melbourne girls had a great night out. Bummer about Nic having a tough time with Nixon after the pizza tray was dropped. Poor thing.
    Maybe soon us Perth girls could organise a meet??? I am up on some Tuesdays either to drop Rowen off or pick him up so maybe we could do it on that day??? What do you guys think?

I better go vaccuum my car! It is a feral mess and I promised I would keep it spotless!I want to prove i can look afetr a car really well cos I want a landcruiser next year!!!

Hope everyones Sunday is just lovely and relaxing!

Love Kel

Nic, how sweet a bath with your baby! I had a shower with each of the bubs last week and it was nice. Maybe I should try a bath tonight! You did have a tough time last night! I hate it when they wet through or poo on their clothes when your out! Its a real pain!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast