Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #2

I quiet often have a bath with Nixon we both enjoy it! I'm feeding him now and more relaxed after my bath. I get in first and have my time and when Im ready DH brings him in. So i have a good 10min or so, candles, oil burner, lights off, ahh makes me wanna go back in and have another!

Just a suggestion for anyone getting up often during the night for feeds, i know all babies are different so obviously what works for one will not work for everyone. But what i have been doing of an evening is feeding Nixon more frequently, and sometimes doing a "top up" feed after his last feed before bed. So is he feeds every 3-4hrs during the day, the last couple of feeds i make 2-3hrs and say if i feed him at 9.30 @ 10.30-11ish i might put him back on the boob and top him up. Sometimes it may only be 5-10 mins but Nixon has been sleeping 7-8hrs for a few weeks now. (not every night but most nights)
    There is a thread for local meet ups and different ppl organise different gatherings so keep you eyes out for you local ones. IK i think Divvy was going to organise the next one for 12th Aug.....
    I'd also love to do a "Junie" catch up in a couple of months for all the Junies in melb. But maybe we can go somewhere that can accomodate prams and babies. Last night was quiet awkward i must say!
    Kel- I can imagine the comments you must get, i keep getting the "isnt he small" comments and I am quiet over them now! Does Jack & Charlee sleep together in a cot? At what stage if so do they sleep on their own? My gfriend is 20weeks pg with twins i caught up with her yesterday she is a little concerned how she will cope with it all.

We would love to meet up with the Melbourne Junies, but being up here in the country, it is just so far away from Melbourne.If anyone wanted to, we could all meet in Seymour? Its halfway from Me and halfway from Melb. to Euroa!

Patrick has been really fantastic with sleeping.ATM he is sleeping in his capsule on the bed. It's too small to have a cot or bassinette in the van so he sleeps in his capsule next to the bed.
    On another note completely.DH and I are separating for a while. He is moving back to Tassie for a while and I am going to stay here in my Aunts house. I'm not upset about it because it is the best thing to do for all of us! Things have been strained here for a while and being apart will be the best for us.

Nic, Jack and Charlee do sleep together. At the moment its in the porta cot but will move the big cot to my room on Wednesday when Rowen is home. I dont think separating them yet is an option as they seem to sleep very lightly, if at all when the other is not there. One will wake and scream and the other will carry on sleeping quite happily but as soon as the screamer is removed the other wakes up!Go figure!!! Seriously, just tell your friend that organisation will become her best friend! If I keep on top of things I am fine but I can see how people can get overwhelmed. But staying positive is the key. Good support is also a blessing! I would die without my mummy!

I also have that bath routine... it's devine Plus I also "cluster feed" of an evening just as Nic described which I agree helps them have a more settled night even if they don't sleep through. Yep, I heard that the next Melbourne restaurant club night will probably be on the 12th of August, and I'm in It'll probably be in an inner northern suburb.

Also if the Junies want to catch up separately I'd recommend somwhere central... perhaps even Melbourne Central which is highly baby-friendly mid week at around 10-11am... very spacious, wonderful baby restrooms, and very pram friendly. Depends how people feel about catching a train? Personally I think travelling with a baby is easier on a train than in a car... but it might not be everyone's cup of tea.

DH and older kids out grocery shopping ATM. I'm famished! Pantry low on supplies. Last 2 times I BF I kinda lost my appetite... not so this time! Seems I have the munchies 24/7! Don't want to start regaining the weight i lost due to cholestasis! Better get out and do some walking this week.

Having my first appointment at the Rosanna MCH centre tomorrow... Niall's first weigh-in for about 2 weeks! (I was slack making my first appointment)... don't care whether the nurse says he's gained the right ammount of weight or not... I know he's been feeding very well and has been making lots of wet and pooey nappies and is very settled (only cries for about 10 minutes a day and easily settles with a cuddle) and he just seems plain content! If the nurse tries to tell me he's not thriving i'll just nod my head, vent in here and keep doing what I'm doing... he's the chubbiest of all my babies too so I know that even if he gets a cold etc he's got enough in reserve (which was a big concern when my DD wasn't gaining enough weight apparently... still, she never got sick). If I sound arrogant it's just because nearly every mum i've spoken to has gone through what seems to be unnecessary stress from weigh-ins And one of the things we spoke about last night was that up until recently the MCH centres have been using weight charts from the 1970s that were not even based on Australian averages! I think ammended charts are only just being used now... I'll ask about it tomorrow.

Rory: I meant to add earlier that I really admire your ability to reflect on your own character... I think you've got a great chance of dealing sucessfully with the issues you mentioned and are showing a higher degree of emotional intelligence than you are giving yourself credit for!

Ok....family back now.... better go!

Sorry Jess, I missed your post! God that is awful about you and DH. I know you said you arent upset but it must still be hard. We are here if you need to vent, or need a shoulder! Hope you can work things out!

Its ok Kel darl.
    We need some time apart.The idiot from the other month called the cops again on DH so we have decided that some time apart might be better!

Jess: sorry I missed your post! Oh darl... how could you not be upset??? I hope your DH sorts himself out because leaving you to look after your children by yourself at such a fragile time sounds incredibly selfish to me! Sorry if that's too blunt... just an outsider's perspective but I guess I don't know the full story. Anyway make sure you vent here as much as you need to

Jess- Sorry to hear that you and DH having problems, but if some time apart is what you need then I hope that it does the trick.

Kel- I would definatley be up for a perth girls meet up- tuesdays are fine too.

Glad to hear that the Melb girls had a good meet last night, I am definatley looking forward to meeting some more mums, as I am the first ofmy friends to have a baby.

I am going to try the top up feed tonight with Tori before I go to bed, we had a bit of an unsettled night last night, but not too bad, we still managed to go about 3 hours between feeds.

Bath- I have to say I agree about having increased appetite, I am hungry quite alot, and i find espeically when I get up for the 3am feed I can feel my tummy rumbling. I have found though I want more fresh sort of food, when I was ppreg I was addicted to salt and sweet, but since having her I find that I am into healthier foods- not a bad thing at all.

Anyway I better go, might have a shwer and get into a clean pair of jammies..... I think DH and i are going to have a veg on the couch with a DVD this evening.

Bath hunny, thanks!
    I'm ok. It was my idea actually!As you all know we have been living in the van for 6 months and it's starting to get really tough. We have tried to get a house but there are no real estate agents that will give a house to us because of the children. Housing is no help as there are no houses big enough available.
    We spoke to my aunts and they have agreed to us adding onto their house, unfortunately we need $80 grand to do that, so while I stay with my aunts, he will go home and get a job with his mate.

Thats only the basic idea, I cherish all your thoughts and best wishes. I'll still be talking to yous though

I'm wearing Oscar now - he's been snoozing and snoring on me whilst I fold nappies.
    My dad's coming round with a roast chook to share with us later on He asked us to go round there (5 min drive) but DP seems out of sorts and didn't want to go anywhere. He says it's because he starts his new job tomorrow, but I think the interrupted sleep is making him moody. He's having a sleep now. He seems to resent that I asked my dad round here instead of us going there, but I'm a bit upset now that he would have preferred me to reject my dad tonight How could I do that? My dad has actually been animated since Oscar was born and during the week, when my mum's int he country, he's on his own - it would break my heart to just say we don't want to see anyone when he wants some company! Anyway, I'm looking forward to having my dad round, even if DP isn't.
    I know I shouldn't have, but this house was almost uninhabitable, so I did a small clean up today. I didn't use the vacuum cleaner, though, so it wasn't too arduous.
    This lack of sleep is making me teary and sensitive.
    Jess - I hope everything sorts itself out very soon! Sounds like a tactical manoeuvre more than anything else, is this the case?
    Bathsheba - yeah, a Junie meet up sounds good...but how do you manage to get out and about before midday????? I feel so soft cos I've got one child and I have to play catch up sleeps until about 11.30am!
    Well, DP has got up from his nap, so I might fold a couple more nappies and have a rest of my own...or a feed before dinner, I'll choose after I've folded...

Well hello again! I'm still around!

Firstly congrats to Tanya and Catherine on their new little bundles - and don't worry us 1st timers are all going through what you are!

I've skimmed through the past two threads as there's heaps to catch up on - sorry not many personals but I'll try to respond to some general topics:

Night feeds/sleeping: I'm lucky Aleise sleeps all night and only wakes for a early morn feed at 4.30am then she sleeps again until 8.30ish. Maybe its because she's bottle fed? I've heard that forumula helps babies sleep longer as it takes longer to digest than breast milk. A friend of mine used to do one top up of formula a night together with BF and swears by this method! Its up to the individual though.

Breastmilk: Is it possible to still leak after taking the drying up tablets? I've noticed some minor leakage from one of my breasts. Will have to see Doc. I have to Bottle feed 'cause of medications I'm back on. But made sure Aleise got colostrum in the first few days though. Had no probs with attachment just knew I couldn't sustain a steady supply of milk and was totally exhausted from the whole event!.

Babyslings: I bought one 2nd hand from Ebay - Tomy Safari. I mainly use it for shopping when I'm by myself as its too early to lift a pram (got another 2 weeks to wait after c/s). Is great but I find it hard to get her out of it and need assistance with that!

Tanya: A Midwife told me a good trick to get bub off to sleep is bath, feed and bed! Works pretty well for us. A babyrocker helps too.

bellasmum: Sorry to hear about your probs darl - hope they work out for you. One thing about the male species they're not as mature as us! HAng in there.

Ceecee: how are you going? If you've posted recently I missed it since I've been AWOL for ages! Take care.

Well I'd better go and let Matt have the puter back as he bought a new game (silly me said I'd give him some $ to buy it as it was on sale). Take care all and will log on tomorrow.

All my huggies to everyone xoxo
    Neeny

Sorry Jess, I havent been around much lately so if you have been having trouble with DH recently then I hope this is the break you both need. Take care of yourself and your kiddies. I'm thinking of you...

Neeny, I have found that bathing then a feed then bed works wonders too! They get all tired from the bath so its a good way to encourage sleep...I reccommend that everyone who is having trouble try it.
    Last edited by Misskel; July 9th, 2006 at 08:53 PM.

Jess- sorry to hear DH is moving away for a while, but if its what you need to get back on track and financially then it may be for the better. I hope you will be getting some help with looking after your kids etc though while he is gone?

[B]Kel-[/B] Do you know if when determining if twins are fraternal or Identical it must be done @ the 12 week scan? My friend changed hospitals recently and the sonographer never told her @ the 12 week scan if they were Frat/ident. Going to a better equipt hosp they did another ultra sound and said they are most likely identical but the 12 week scan was the one that needed to determine that?? They could see one was a girl & assuming the other is and they are identical therfore share a placenta.

Bath- Melb central sounds good from what you were telling me last night. I woldnt mind catching a train there but have to drive to the station anyway so still have to get Nixon in/out of car/pram.
    Tanya- How cute is Lucas!! Love the pics! i esp like the one on your ticker.
    Hope CeeCee & Alexandra are recovering & bonding well
    Hey Neeny! You & CeeCee need to get your bundles with you on your Avaters!
    IK lack of sleep and all your hormones will make you over sensitive and teary. i hope your feeling good because you sound like you are doing an amazing job with Oscar and hope your dad still came around and got lots of cuddles from Oscar!
    Im starting my health kick tomorrow... Not dieting but cutting out the crap, eating lots of fresh fruit/veg Meat and doing more excerise. My goal to loose 7kg. DH put on 8kg since our wedding so we will be motivating each other along.

Ali-
    I hope the top up feed works for Tori, let us know if she was any more settled.

Those pics are gorgeous hun.....typing one handed atm!

Am enjoying a nice yummy twinpole at the moment and some quiet time whilst both kids are asleep -still seems weird saying both kids!

Jess, like all the others have said I hope things work out the for the best for you, some time apart may be just what you both need.

Ali and Bath, I am so with you both about being hungry in the middle of the night. Like you said Ali it is usually the 2-3ish feed. I have been a bit naughty though and have been snacking on biscuits-convenient and easy. Also have to agree with you Ali about fresh foods, since Alex was born the thought of any type of junk food just makes me nauseous.

Neeny I am like you and also have trouble getting Alex in and out of the sling too, and even then he looks really awkward that I am never 100% sure that he is comfy!

Am finding that we are having trouble settling Alex after his middle of night feed, around 2-3 am. He gets fed and put to bed where all of a sudden you hear him straining and farting (he is such a windy baby!!) and next thing you know he does a poo and promptly falls asleep. Problem is that you then go to change him which wakes him up and he won't resettle. But you obviously don't want to leave him with a dirty nappy even tho he is asleep as that burns his poor bottom. So any recommendations from anyone??? It took us over an hour last night to resettle him.

Well tonight will be the last of the soccer games and hopefully no more late tv nights for a while too!!!

Hi to everyone else!

littlerigger Guest

Just popping in to say hi. And that I really am blessed with my placid son!!! I have towrite a job application tonight so while I'm doing that, Matt will be watching Ryan and I will sneak in here and try and do some personals!!

*hugs* to EVERYONE!!!

Also meant to say Ryan now pretty much sleeps through. YAY!!!

Hey everyone

A junies meet up is a great idea ! - Just say when and where and Aneta and I will be there
    once AGAIN i dont have time to write

I need to vent here , I feel so bad - Aneta settles really really well when we hold her and bounce on the fitness ball ( she must remember it from when she was in the womb and I was trying to get her to engage ). Anyways , DH was holding her on the ball this morning around 3am and because he now weighs 105kg the fatty the ball burst.
    The poor guy landed on his back because he was holding Aneta up so she was safe. He must have really hurt himself. WHat do I do?? I went crazy , told him he needs to lose wieght... that now we cant settle Aneta and its all his fault.. She didnt even wake during the whole ordeal and I made it out to be the biggest deal in the world.. *sigh* Im starting to worry he wont put up with me much longer. Not only does he sit with her until the early hours of the morning so I dont have to get up , when I do get up I abuse him. I love him so much that it hurts to see him sad , but im the one making him sad - cant even blame hormones anymore ..*vent over*
    I feel a bit stupid venting , my problems are trivial. Sorry girls.

oops Anetas awake... grr Im going to buy a fitness ball as soon as the shops open hehe
    Last edited by enigma; July 10th, 2006 at 09:14 AM.

Good Morning Just found CeeCee's mobile phone number in my PM box (forgot it was there!) so I sent her a short message letting her know that we're all thinking of her and hope all's well. She hasn't posted since her DD was born has she? I can't recall... guess I could check out her posting history... I hope she's just enjoying her BabyMoon... I know it took me a little while to get back into the swing of things with posting in here.

Back later...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast