Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #20

My cousin has been sent home from the hospital, apparently she has an irritable uterus and she has to take it easy, bit hard when you have a 3 yr old! She is only 19 yrs old and is 34 weeks pg. The doctors have told her if she goes into labour naturally they won't try to stop it so she will be transferred to a larger hospital in the city, she lives near Aspendale! Thanks Bath for posting it up for me!

ETA: I am sooo ****ed off with DH! He organised for the electrician to come out tonight as our fuse box is playing up, but he decided to help his mate out instead!

Jess, i hope your counsins bubba stays put for a while yet...

Gotta love responsible men LOL

Well Wyatt is soo much better today, been eating and drinking which is good as he wasn't able to hold any drinks down for over 36hrs and he was starting to get dehydrated and he ate some dry biscuits last night. As I said this morning the circus was great it was absolutely wonderful and the guys were so well toned hehe. Looking forward to meeting Nic tomorrow and maybe going for a swim if it's warm enough.

IK hope the op went well and hope that Oscar's head is getting better, Wyatt put a toy in with Cody on sunday a little to hard a left a scratch on his nose, he only needed a cuddle tho then he was right.

Simone sorry to hear Declan is still a bit feverish hopefully he'll get better soon and I hope your DH starts pulling his weight a little you need to have a rest as well, we're not superwomen all the time and you need sometime to rest and get some energy back.

Dee love the house, can't believe you'll be so close now, we'll be able to have regular meets and all lol. When would you be moving before or after chrissy?

Everyone else hello, I've got a big headache that won't go away so will finish off now and get my shopping list ready to do food shopping yay (not).

hugs xoxo

Hey Simone did you see in the BB info thread that they have decided to do away with the personal details at the start of the Buddies threads? I think it's a great idea... now our Junies-at-heart don't feel left out... not that they all felt that way... i just think it's better for people to see from the tickers that they belong... not rely on that list.

ETA: 5 minutes ago Verity called out : "OMG!" So I dropped what I was doing and ran to where she was standing with Niall in the Port-A-Cot in mild panic... then she said: "His first tooth has come through!!!" *phew* good grief... that's life with a drama queen for you! LOL

ETA again: Sms from IK: Op went well... no bruising but she had to have morphine so can't BF Oscar... so her DP has to offer a bottle... she's resting now and seems in good spirits

And again: Well I'm Nazi Mummy tonight: patrolling the corridor between Verity and Wade's bedrooms... they keep calling out and being silly and if I turn my back I hear pitter patter of Wade's feet trying to sneak past into Verity's room... so I spin around and lay down the law LOL I feel like Colonel Schultz keeping my eyes peeled for suspicous behaviour but not quite catching it in time! If I gotta wait up for DH then I'm at least gonna play some 'net games in peace! LOL btw, my sink's shiney so I don't feel guilty

Bath - yum. I love lentil soup and with fresh bread (I can smell it now LOL!!). This seems to be the season that all good wives stay home while DH's have fun at xmas parties. Maybe we should consider having one ourselves (who's in????) and leave DH's at home with kids.

Simone - hope Declan eat his vegies and gets his strenght back. How are you going with your other ebay item (the one that had 8 hrs left) - still highest bidder?

Jess - hope things go well for your cousin. Poor thing, must be really stressful for her and having a 3 year old to contend with as well.

Amanda - must be the day for headaches. Bad move doing the shopping list with a headache, who knows what you'll come home with (LOL!!), make sure it's plenty of chocolate! Glad to hear Wyatt is improving.

Brother and his girlfriend have taken Chelsea to Cool Rock for ice-cream. She was so excited. Who knows what she will come home with. Had yummy honey mustard chicken for dinner and it was delicious!

DH is at work tonight, so I'll be back soon.
    BTW - looks like most of us girls are home alone tonight LOL!!

Well, just finishes scrubbing the kitchen... got down on my hands and knees and cleaned the floor that way, cleaned out the fridge, washed the cupboards, cleaned the stove top and oven... and even though the rest of the house is still messy, i fell that i've acomplished something. Oh, and my sink's shiny

Made lamb chops, potato gems, fresh sweet corn and alfredo noodles for dinner. DH kept complimenting me on how great the lamb was. It was pretty good

Mel - the other stuff im bidding on ($4 dress and 99c bottle and sippy cup sets) im still winning on. I have 30 mins left on the dress, and just under 2 days left on the bottles.

SO ANGRY DH chucked a pair of jeans on top of the wash, just did a load of the kids stuff alone. The jeans ran, all over Anneliese's stuff. Pumpkin Patch stuff, all her new clothes mum sent over the other week are all marked with blue patches. Im so ANGRY they're all BRAND SPANKING NEW!!! I just wish he had asked me, i was doing a load of dark stuff after that one...

OMG Im SOOOO in for our Chrissy party!! Somewhere we can get dressed up and drinks lots... Anyone here heading to the BB Xmas Dinner on Lygon St, Dec 2?? I am, and i want to go with people i reguarly talk to... its $40 for a 3 course meal at Santino's (meant to be excellent) Somebody come with me??

The day after the BB Dinner i have an Austprem BBQ in Sunbury, that should be fun... a bunch of screaming kids on a bouncy castle after a night where i KNOW im going to have a couple of glasses of wine... Im not driving, going to catch a tram in and out. More fun that way!!!

Anyone still in here??

Hey I might be able to come to the BB Chrissy dinner with you Simone

Niall needs me... back in a tic...

ETA: Removed the lecture about involving DH's Simone... it was unnecessary... sorry about that

Good morning ladies!
    My headache was gone by mid afternoon so I was much happier Aja was a bit of a horror so I was pretty pleased when Michael came home so I could have a break, he gets annoyed but oh well I look after her more than what he does! Don't you love the way men think because they've fed them once that they're the sole carer! haha

Bella - your poor cousin, what an awful thing to go through especially with it being the first pregnancy ..and I guess at that age we think we're invincible but it's not always true! Oh and that's men for ya!!! Michael is always off fixing other people's cars yet mine has been broken down since August! Priorities boys priorities!!

Amanda - Glad to hear Wyatt is slowly improving, poor little darling and poor Mummy too! Is his name pronounced WATT like a battery? Sorry I've just never seen it before.

Bath - I love the name Verity, just gorgeous! My friend's name is Verity And YAY for the first tooth!

Mel - yay for a night off!!!

Simone - hectic time of the year! The 3 of us have decided we'll spend chrissy morning at home with my mum, stepdad, sister, nana and papa but have also invited michael's parents to come around and then we're going on a picnic just the 3 of us and gee didn't that go down like a lead balloon! At the end of the day its MY family and Aja's first christmas and I'll spend it how I like! My main reason was because if we go where all the family is I won't get to spend time with her because she'll be passed around like a hot potato Oh good old Sunbury, where are you going for that? Maybe you should call past on your way

Oh And Happy 5 Month Birthday To Aja!!!

Hi Char I think Wyatt rhymes with Hyatt as in the Hyatt Hotel chain. Correct me if I'm wrong Amanda!

Char - happy 5 months to Aja. Where do you live?? Im in Tullamarine, Just down the road (pretty much, just down the Tulla FWY) from Sunbury

Well, spent the morning shopping. Was looking for my SS present, but STILL cant find what im looking for!!! Might go to the body shop at Higpoint tonight, dont have one at my local shopping centre (Airport West).

Bath - He IS immature. He spent the night setting up his new computer, i served him dinner whilst he was on the couch putting it together, 20 mins later he comes into the kitchen where i was eating mine with Xander, and asks where his was!! I told him it was on the couch. After he had finished eating, he left it on the couch... this mornign i picked it up and rinsed it off. I spent so long cleaning the loune during the day yesterday, and he left boxes and wrapping everywhere!! Im trying so hard to be a good mummy and housewife, and all i get is a fourth child. The one nice thing he did do for me though is Friday's its just me and Anneliese, so he's told me i can have extra "pocket money" (he'll give me some extra) so we can have some nice time together. Its a start i suppose...

Well, shopping this morning i bought myself a new CD (I love new music to do housework to!) I got "So Fresh - Hits of summer 07 and best of 06" Got some awesome songs on, Love the Scissor Sisters "I dont feel like dancing" and "chasing cars" by snow patrol, and they are both on there... prefer to buy a new cd every month or so than buying a single of a song i love everytime they come out

Well, Xander and Anneliese are at daycare today, Declan is still not well. He's currently having his second sleep of the day... he fell asleep at the shops in his pram this morning. Poor lil guy...

Simone: It's so common that women define themselves as successful if they can be a good mummy and wife (which is fantastic) yet their men fail to consider themselves successful by being good daddys and husbands. It's like it's not enough for them. Sometimes you just need to put this on their radar. Ask them: "How important is it to you that you are a good dad and husband?" They will probably respond that "of course it's important" but when you calmly point out the disparity between their actions and their words it occasionally starts to gel in their minds that they are being inconsistent. The key word there is "calmly" you never want to turn this type of conversation into an argument because it will totally take the focus away from what you are saying. If you stay calm they can't wiggle out the the conversation or have an excuse to storm off (and thus avoid continuing it). So if my DH had done what yours did i would have approached him and said "I know you don't mean to make me feel like a slave, but when you leave your plate lying around I feel pretty demotivated". Just an idea... seems to work with me.... much more sucessful than nagging.

ok... I gotta stop lecturing... what's with me today??? LOL

Its ok bath all i figure is at least he isnt here all the time. Otherwise i would go crazy... and the house would be a nightmare!!

Well, i bought phospherus free washing powder today!! Lets just see how it goes with Xander's skin...

Hey Mel, where are ya today??

Poor Oscar is crying...DP trying to feed him, but he just doesn't like that bottle!
    Thanks, Bath, for posting for me - I'm racking up a bit of a mobile bill between my niece's birth and this hospital stay, so I only texted you and Mel.
    Yep, op went well and the surgeons were very happy with their work. I'll be the judge of that when this splint comes off! I told my body, before I went in, to recover well and so far it has. Did some relaxations in the holding bay and whilst they were administering the IV.
    Anyway, my mum's off to NZ, should be there soon, to see this new niece of mine.
    Oscar's bruise is heaps better. He has a hoarse voice from the whimpering he's been doing, as a result of refusing the bottle. Only a couple more hours to go and I can start feeding him again, poor little mite I have to sit here helplessly listening to him crying in DP's arms. He is doing such a good job, just wish I could do my bit with the boobie. It must be so frustrating for DP to have milk in the bottle but not be able to get it into him. For some reason, they gave me morphine after telling them I was BFing, but I figure they had good reason, cos this was all emphasised from the beginning. At least I'm not experiencing any pain, which could have made BFing unpleasant anyway.
    Simone - try soaking all Anneliese's stained clothes in Napisan (or Di-San from Aldi, heaps cheaper, same job!) for a few days, rinsing in between. This should remove a lot of the dye. Grrr at your DH! But, then again, I'm always grrring at your DH - I'm not going to add to the lectures
    Rory - too true, if the camel hump and mullet can make a comeback, why not the perm? Then people can start saying to me again "do you know how much girls pay to have hair like yours?"...not that saying this ever made me feel any better about my morning hair battle...
    Better tend to Oscar, DP has given all he'll take. Hopefully he'll sleep in the sling and not grab at my face...!

Afternoon all,

Just been and done my grocery shopping and got stopped by so many old ladies wanting to talk to me about babies - Marley just loves old people and smiles nicely at them! Done a quick clean up, put away shopping, Marley asleep, now time to read the paper!

Bath - you are so right about what you said. No point turning things into an argument because no one wins, each party just keeps wanting to prove they are right. I am a bit strong willed so I need to be careful when DH and I are disagreeing - bite my tongue and speak calmy and sensibly (it is sooo hard sometimes).

Simone - there is stuff you can get at the supermarket to remove the dye from clothes. Not sure what its called but you could give it a try - so frustrating when they are new clothes, it couldn't have happened to the old ones! My DH tends to throw all colours in together and usually the only stuff that gets ruined is mine! I have politely asked him to leave the washing to me - he does a good job helping with the housework but washing is now off limits LOL! Enjoy gigging out - I have been listening to Pete Murray, Missy Higgins and now might bust out George Michael!!! I get so much more motivation to do the housework when I have groovy music to listen to.

Char - happy 5 months to Aja. I think she must be the youngest of our group. Glad your head is feeling better today.

IK - so glad to hear you back! Glad everything went well, I am sure your nose looks great (not that I ever noticed anything wrong with it!). I am sure Oscar will settle soon, he probably just missed his mummy. DP sounds like he is doing a great job, it must be frustrating for him seeing Oscar not taking the bottle. How long before the morphine is out of your system?

Going to the Magnolia Parade Christmas Fair tonight in East Malvern (it starts tonight and goes through until Sunday). It is an annual event and sounds great, it has all kids things there from different shops (ones you don't see everyday). They are also selling cupcakes and proceeds to go to the Breast Cancer Foundation. Glad to know that I can enjoy a cupcake and not feel guilty as the money is going to a good cause LOL!! Going with a couple of friends so DH has the girls tonight. I also registered for the Snugtime sale which another member posted about. It is on Friday and Saturday in Cheltenham, so hopefully they have good bargains (still looking for some xmas presents!).

Lunch is calling - back later!
    Last edited by MelS; November 23rd, 2006 at 11:16 AM. Reason: added stuff!

IK - good to see you back!! glad to hear your recovering nicely I buy a big "thing" of bilo brand nappy san, and thats pretty cheap. I DID take your advice however re: washign powder, and bought the 4kg aldi pack this morning for $3.49. not bad!! Also got Declan some zooper doopers... ill prolly eat most of them.

Bath - i bought the boys the wooden thomas the tank train from kmart this morning (got a masons lodge xmas party in greenvale on sunday and have to buy a present from santa for the boys...) and they have a buy 2 get one free atm!! SO i bought the most expensive ones ($21.99 each) and got the giggling trains free. They made declan smile

hey Mel, whats your email?? mines [email protected] - just wanting to ask something

be back soon, the lunch thing sounds great. Gotta figure out what to have now...

Yep, thanks girlies This time round the surgery was to correct a bend that occurred since the last surgery, and to shave off some cartilage that sat on one side, giving me what one surgeon called a 'pollybeak'! So my profile will be like it was when I was 6 years old...before all the damage occurred... Thanks for not noticing! I think this time we'll get the breathing right, too. After the last time I got about a year or two of breathing through two good nostrils, so this one'd better last far, far longer.
    Mel - they said the morphine and tremmil (SP?) takes about 24 hours before BFing is safer, so I've got till about 2.30 if I take the roundabout time of admin, or 4.30 if I take time of going into recovery... I think out of 24 hours, two hours isn't much of a muchness and this boy has hardly eaten in that time. He is very tired and hasn't pooed and his throat will be dry.
    I am wondering what to get for Oscar for Christmas. I just want something that will last till he is old enough to say 'that was my first Christmas present', but something that isn't too ostentatious cos, quite frankly, he's too young to go all out on! I'm not falling for that 'My First Christmas' crap - I'm not a bad parent if I don't fall for the merchandising!
    Well, I'm off to offload some milk in readiness for Oscar's feed. DP has fallen asleep on the bed whilst trying to get Oscar to sleep - very cute. The poor kids, mama bear couldn't look after them last night!
    ETA:Jess - glad your cousin is ok for now A bit scary, but at least pregnancy is not a mystery to her, having had a baby before - not that it makes a scare easier to deal with!

IK: good to see you back in here so fast! What ongoing pain relief are you on? How long will Oscar be needing a bottle? He'll get used to it... it's good that he gets some practice anyhow... Niall took a few sessions to get the hang of it... and there's no nipple/teat confusion with him, he sucks differently for each method now no problems. I agree, sounds like your DP is doing a great job too.

phone...

ETA: sorry missed your second post IK... caught up now...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast