Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #20

IK - he'll be back on the boob and pooing soon LOL!!! Good to hear you'll be able to breath better, must have been very frustrating before. First Xmas present are hard to buy as they don't really understand. Not sure what you could get, you sound like you want something significant. What about a teddy bear. I have seen beautiful ones that have their name and birthdate embroided on the foot (I think the info came in a bounty bag or similiar). I'll have to keep thinking????

Simone - I'll email you so you have my address, doing it now.

Bath - panadol every six hours if needed, and I have some Panadeine Forte if I need it, too. The codeine still goes through milk, so Oscar could get sleepy...but that's ok, he didn't sleep till about 2am. I have AB's that I should take after feeding so that they are likely to have cleared by the next feed - they can cause diarrhea in babies.
    I'm gonna lie down with the kids, have something to eat later...
    ETA: Mel - I'd get a teddy bear but we have heaps of those now! My GF gave him the Myer Christmas bear...cos it's called Oscar this year! Maybe another special stuffed toy, or I might even try to paint something and frame it (poor kid, when he eventually takes art classes he'll be so disappointed!).
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; November 23rd, 2006 at 11:56 AM.

Hi all - my news - Flynn is rolling back to front to back again, and we have an ant invasion!!! Lucky I have been flylady-ing, though - they found one or 2 crumbs in the kitchen instead of the usual pile of dirty dishes and unwashed crap lying around.

better get back to it - am "work" working today...

Yay, Flynn! No more upturned beetle!
    Forgot to say that Oscar was finally rolling from back to front, too, as of last weekend - finally figured out how to get round that pesky arm...
    I just expressed a whole bottle's worth of milk from both sides (as opposed to from each side!)...should be right now for when Oscar wakes up for his real feed...
    Sorry about your ants, Rory - sometimes they do that here, too, after changeable weather.

Hey rory... yay for the roly-poly boy!! and for you too IK

I know our bin was covered in them last night... left them too it. The bins full, hopefully they'll eat anough so i'll get thru the weekend without having to steal under the cover of darkness to the neighbours bins LOL Im only joking, i only do that on bin night when they put them out by the curb. And i've already jumped the bin, and it wont go down any more LOL

Hey girls that are doing the meetup tomorrow: my vote again is Melbourne Central because it's just so easy plus i need to do a bit of Chrissy shopping! Maybe when Nic gets back we can have a meetup up this way (NE Melbourne). Who did you say was coming Simone? I know IK has placed her apologies... totally understandable... but looking forward to seeing you at the next one!

As far as i know Rory... we try and meet every friday from now on and Mel's in Im easy, ill prolly catch the train in from Glen roy with rory as usual

Ok... well... MC it is? I'm happy to meet a bit earlier if you like... very flexible here... the earlier the better actually The clock or Borders would be good... that seemed to work... MC also has a Body Shop Simone

I will be up for it! A friend asked if I wanted to go to the Art of Botanical Illustration Exhibition at the Bot Gardens in the arvo - I will get her and her daughter to come in with me to the meetup and then those interested can move on to the gardens.....

Shall we meet at noon at the clock/borders?

Bath - Rory and i went in BS last week, rory's a shocker, putting everything on LOL The kids will be in daycare from about 8, i will be catching the train in about 9, as i have to leave by about 3, to come back out and pick the kids up. So maybe meet a little earlier?? I prolly wont go onto the gardens this week.

Ooooh I'd love to see that exhibition but I don't think my two boys would cope... plus I should be home by 3pm for Verity... but I LOVE botanical illustrations *sigh* maybe I could return by myself on Saturday during my "me" time...

ETA: sorry, missed your last post Simone... yep 10am ish would be great

Rory - go Flynn! They are growing up fast - soon they'll be crawling then there'll be no stopping them!! I hate ants! I had some silverfish yesterday - any ideas how to get rid of them???

IK - go Oscar! That arm action is funny to watch, Marley has got no idea yet, juts rolls to the side, she thinks "too hard", then rolls back.

As someone who doesn't go into the city very often, where is Borders??? Still trying to decide if I train it or drive in as I'll be lonely on the train without IK!

Hey Mel... Borders is about 20 meters away from the big clock in Melbourne Central. If people arrive on the hour they will find us watching the hourly clock music display... if you arrive any other time head for Border's cafe (internal) or the kids section. Try to train it Mel... it really is much easier than trying to find and pay for a park etc. Just send us an sms if you get scared Do you have the Junies contact list? Sorry if I've asked you this before. Also a fringe benefit of catching the train is that we've found that most of our babes love the rocking motion and sleep for at least part of the journey in and out.

Ok, shall we say then 10am at the clock or in Borders cafe?

Simone, I will be on the 9.39am train at Glenroy - it arrives at Melb Central at 10.05

Go on Mel - be brave and take the train!!!

Hello,

well Nixon & I had the pleasure of meeting up with Amanda, Lachlan, Wyatt & Cody today! Amy (from april buddies) couldnt make it. we went to this place that was just down the rd from where i am staying & has a huge pool right on the water. all the boys went for a splash inc me & amanda! Thanks for driving down again & great meeting you.
    Wyatt is such a cutie he was running around with so much energy the whole time, did he crash in the car on the way home?
    i took some photos, when i get back to melb i will download them & let u know.

ckm- hi, not sure we've met. Happy 5 months to Aja! are u another melbourneite?! i live in diamond creek, think about 30min from sunbury.

have fun tonight Mel.

Bath - what station would I get off at? I will get back to you what time I can leave here as MIL is picking Chelsea up at 10am, so I maybe arrive later than the others. I will see if I can drop her off a bit earlier and then go straight to train station. I don't have Junies contact list, but it would be helpful as I only have IK's number (Simone - if you have the list, you can email it to me?). Just in case I get lost! Marley was so fascinated by her last train trip she was looking around, I think she enjoyed it!

Nic - Thanks, hopefully won't spend too much money!!!! Sounds like you had a great time in Qld. Great that you could meet up with Amanda and her kids. Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Rory - I will be brave LOL!!!

You get off at Melbourne Central (the station is under the shopping complex). Then you make you way up to the concourse via the lift at the end of the platform. Easy Peasy... takes less than 5 mins to get off the train to get to the clock. As I said please don't hesitate to call us... we can even come down to the station and find you... it's so close and easy.

Thanks Bath! It does sound nice and easy - I will be back later to let you know what time I can get there and hopefully Simone can email me contact numbers. Looking forward to meeting you.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast