Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #22

Rory - pming you the details, he's in Essendon. (Keilor Rd) he's brilliant. older though, my SIl calls him a old fuddy duddy. MIL used to take her kids there when they were babies...

So whats everyone up to tomorrow?? The boys are in daycare (well, definately Declan, he hasnt been in nearly 2 weeks) but Xander will be depending on how he feels by 7am. Anneliese wont be going back until next week, if ever. Im so angry at mums for letting their kids go to daycare just so they dont have to take a day off work... make all the other kids sick.

Bath - how funny is the sig saga?? I posted, but avoided the whole debate... Wow, you're so lucky, a holiday... anyone want to take me on one?? im sure i can fit into suitcases...

Mel - good luck with chelsea on santa, hopefully with her bestie with her she'll want to show how brave she is!!

Nic - i ignore my DH when he comes around and makes comments like hat, especially when its my house!! I ignore him until he apologises, and then normally guilt him into giving me some me time...

IK - what a mammoth post!! How p*ssed would you have been if you went to post and lost it LOL (im such a meanie for laughing at that thought!!)

Well, i got some me time tonight. DH came around about 6, and i walked out as he walked in. Left him with Xander just out of the bath, declan just getting up from a late nap and Anneliese screaming for a feed. I went to a cafe for dinner, and bought some mags. Sat for 1.5 hours just reading and slowly eating (Rory - the warm chicken salad at Sam's isnt too bad!!) Went home and MIL called us, FIL had a very rare hereditary blood disease, 100% hereditary from paternal... and his dad doesnt have it. His sons are being tested (he's only dh's step dad, but FIL has 2 teenage sons of his own) Means he will eventually get very sick. I dont know about it, but will let you guys know more as i do... Im pretty upset as FIL is such a nice guy. And i think he's more upset about his dad not having it and it being 100% paternally hereditary...

short post with 1 hand - going to IR rally with oscar tomoorrow, then train to malvern then home to go to pool! mite skip fed square cos oscar will be over crowds by then and with heat i want to get malvern over and done with esrly so that i can miss the school crowd at the pool!
    goodnight all, chat later tomorrow - nose feeling more human and less botoxy now LOL

#karen# Guest

Oh my goodness! I have missed out on a whole thread. Nathan still isn't 100%. Still has nasal congestion and now this cough. How's Nixon's cough going? Will have to go and catch up.

Good Morning girls

Karen: Sorry about being such a chatterbox! You know that you can always just jump in where you left off... if you think you might have missed something important just ask and we'll fill you in... I think the main issue in thread 21 was Boob Jobs... half of us want 'em bigger, half of us want 'em smaller LOL so it might not be necessary to catch up on all that Please don't feel like you need to know every detail to feel like you are a part of the group... you'll always be a Junie... use your time to post about Nathan... I know the feeling of settling them down to sleep and jumping on here... reading reading... then raising your fingers to type personal responses only to have Niall wake up! So honestly, just fill us in on your latest news... it's ok

So girls... what do we all want to achieve today? Hope you have a successful trip into the rally/Mother's Direct/pool IK... Hope Xander is well enough for daycare Simone... myself: it's going to be a big Home Duties Day... lots of nappy washing which I've been saving up for the hot weather today... they've been soaking in the washing machine.

Bugger! Niall had just drifted off to sleep here beside me... Wade was eating his breakfast then all of a sudden Wade leapt up and rushed over to the pram and shook it hard waking Niall! Grrrrrrr. Better go resettle....

Well, just Declanent to daycare today, so i have Xander and Anneliese (am typing one handed atm LOL)

Bath - you going to BB dinner sat night?? hope so!! Anyone else comg?? On lygon st, at Santino's, $40 for 3 course meal. theres about 15 ppl coming so far... Im off to meet IK in malvern today, was going to do ny bit for society at the IR rally, but with 2 kids that arent 100%... im not going to risk it!!

Hi karen, dont worry about our boob jobs and my venting thread LOL Anneliese is the same with being sick... grrr...

Simone: probably not (dinner)... I forgot about it to be honest... I was thinking of inviting some of our neighbours over for a drink & nibblies on Saturday night too... mentioned it to them after playgroup on Tues and they seemed keen... might invite that new mum across the road too if I see her... but she keeps a low profile.

When is it going to heat up??? I've got goosebumps!

Managed to resettle Niall after giving him a top up feed during which he did a humungeous poo so that was a good thing... it probably would have woken him up anyway... now he should sleep for quite a while... until lunchtime... then I can give him another feed while watching the ABC Midday news.

We're having tacos for dinner tonight... i planned it that way because it was meant to be HOT... c'mon weather, bring it on... I've got a doona covered in baby spew that I need to wash and hang out too!

Howdy all - my day will be one of working (call clients, finish lease), cooking lunch (pork fillet with salad) and flyladying (organising my wardrobe and washing floors). Shesh if I can get that done I will be a STAR!

PML - We have been watching the Muppet Show season 1 DVD and I have had the theme song in my head for days. But funny part is I just told DH and now HE is whistling it while he fixes the laundry window! HAHA!

Morning all,

I am having a quiet one today. Done some housework this morning, now just typing my descriptions for ebay. I'm selling maternity clothes (cause I bought far too many!) and some of Marley's newborn clothes. If baby 3 comes along it won't be for a while, so I would rather make space in the wardrobe! Also selling some shoes that I don't wear anymore and handbags. Hopefully make some pocket money for Xmas.

Bath - I had heater on this morning! I had Chelsea's clothes ready for kinder, shorts & tshirt. Had to get another outfit together as it was far too cold, whats going on! Going to buy some tofu today and try it with noodles. Can you give me an idea of how you do it and what other stuff you add to it as I have some oyster sauce, ketchip manis, hoi sin etc?? Not sure if you are going to get your washing dry today, looks quite black over here and it did rain a little this morning - we are in Melbourne.

Rory - go girl! We'll call you superwomen if you get all that done - hope you get it all done. Muppet song is now in my head too - THANKS LOL!!!

IK - enjoy the rally at least it won't be too hot. How's the nose feeling?

Simone - enjoy your day catching up with IK. Glad you got to head out last night, over 1 hour of peace, you must have really enjoyed yourself! You should do it more often! Sorry to hear about FIL, hope everything is OK with him. I would have joined you on Sat night but Chelsea has a friends party from 3-6pm (weird time?). Should be fun though.

Is anyone going to watch the Ch 9 show "Look who's Talking" about the Aussie women who says she can decifer baby's crying? Sounds interesting and I will definately have a look!

Hmmm... not happy... drops of rain.... the breeze is warm though, time to check out the bureau of Meteorolgy site i think... my clothesline is full with nappies.

Mel: Last time I just added sweet chilli sauce that I had in the pantry... so you can just buy a bottle at Coles... the Ayam brand is good. Otherwise just experiement, hoi sin is yum, so is satay... if your DH thinks the tofu is a bit bland try zesting up with some extra grated fresh ginger or even some tobasco... you can add those ingredients after serving children too. Something else that's nice on the tofu noodle dish is some dry fried sesame seeds sprinkled on top... remember also you can toss through Asian greens like bok choy. It all really just depends on what your family likes. another garnishy type addition is crispy fried shallots sprinkled ontop... the trick is to keep things interesting buy tossing through unexpected ingredients... I love Asian food for that reason... Laksa (soup) is my all time favourite: good ones have lots of hidden delicacies like sliced fish cake and grilled eggplant etc that you discover along the way.... ooooh I'm making myself hungry! BTW one of the best and cheapest curry laksa soups used to be found at Chadstone at that Noodle bar near the cinema.... we used to go there nearly every Thursday night when I was working/studying. I miss those days.... we used to eat out so much... now it's a real novelty.

ETA: if anyone is thinking of getting Platinum membership I'd do it soon ie before the first of january 2007 because I read in the Messages area that things will be changing...there won't be a $36 p.a option anymore and MIGHT just be 5 years or Life options which will mean a higher minimum cost. IK and Mel I reckon you guys are going to be around for more than a year so why don't you go for it? Then you can access more threads and I'll even help you with your Av if you like Anyhow, no pressure, it's just that $36 for the next year is a bargain, although I paid $96 (I think) to upgrade to Life and I reckon that was a bargain too.

quick one - just make sure you use FIRM tofu, not SILKEN tofu!!!

well today i was going to the shops and get a whole heap done, got there got my first thing from my list (fenugreek) then my neighbour rang and the boxer was out. he was just being stupid running around the vacant block next door but she put him back in. so i left came straight home, as i pulled into the driveway he come running up it. Neighbour came out and said everytime she put him back he just come back out.
    He is jumping the side gate which is 2m high. we had the lattice stuff there but had to be removed for the concreters on Monday, dh hadnt put it back yet.....
    so now i am stuck at home all day keeping and eye on hudini.....
    suppose i should take the opp to get some housework done.

Mel- yeah i'll prob watch the show tonight.
    what happened to KLR? she was posting regularly for a while havent seen her around lately
    i love the muppets!! but once u get the tune in your head its hard to get out... Doh now youve done it Rory its in there!

Just a quick one, just to let you all know that I'm still alive, just don't feel right don't know what's wrong.

Hope you are all good, will lurk maybe.

hugs xoxo

Hi Nic, Rory, Amanda... now thunder... good grief.

Amanda: whassup? low on energy? what are the other symptoms?

Niall woke right on schedule.

Good on you Nic, try to turn a negative into a positive... tidy up the house... what are you doing tomorrow? Want to join us in at Borders?

ETA: now rain! bloody hell... I didn't check the BOM site... better do it now...

ETA: LOL on the BOM rain radar of Melbourne the whole area is clear of rain except a small patch over MY suburb! I feel like I'm living in the Adams family house... you know the one on TV with the perpetual rain cloud over it! Ah well, I'll leave the nappies on the line then... it'll pass... next it will get real hot and muggy...

Hey Ladies,

Well had another good night last night, Lachlan went to bed at 7.30pm and woke at 11.30 for a bottle then slept until 4am then til 7am! i cant believe it. He woke a couple of other times and put himself back to sleep again ON HIS OWN!!!!

Well DF didnt bring home any prizes but he had a really good time so that makes me happy. He seems like a new man at the moment, probably because im not as stressed out and i havent cried in about a week either!

Mel - I have emailed you the photos, hope you like them! I will definitely be watching 'Look whos talking' tonight. Should be interesting!

Bath - What a wonderful holiday, you will have such a relaxing time im sure, im very jealous!

Amanda - Are you feeling any better??

Nickers - Glad you got an apology, but somehow it just doesnt seem enough does it?? DF does this to me all the time exept i dont get apologies, i think i have only heard him say sorry about 5 times since we have been together, i just dont think its in his vocabulary!

Simone - Im glad Annaliese is better, there is nothing worse than having a sick child, especially when there is nothing you can do.

Well im off to cook lachlans dinner and have it ready for tonight. Sweet Potato and Zuccini. He hasnt had this before so im looking forward to his reaction!!

Good luck at the rally all you girls that are going!!!

Bath - thanks for the suggestions. I love cooking asian food so I have plenty of fried shallots and dried ****ake mushrooms etc. Will do as you suggest and experiment a little. I really enjoy just making things up as I go! It is raining here now, so it must be moving along and will hopefully disappear soon. I put my clothes on our decking which is undercover, so it better warm up! Eating out together is a novelty here. I tend to go out with my friends while DH looks after the girls, then he goes out and I look after them - not much time spent together!

Nic - cheeky escaping dog, lucky he wasn't hurt. Our old labrador did a runner once but got hit by a car! Luckily the man was only going slow up our street and she was OK but it can be scary when they disappear. Can you put the lattice screens back up? Good day for housework seeing as the sun is not going to make an appearance today!

Amanda - hope you feel better soon and nothing too major.

Rory - thanks for the tip, Bath also reminded me not to buy silken.

Dee - will check my email. Such wonderful positive news, you must be really pleased with yourself and so you should be! I hope Lachlan enjoys his yummy dinner!
    Just checked them now - boy is he beautiful!!! What amazing eyes he has, hard to imagine him being a handful having the looks of an angel! Particularly love the nuddie couch ones LOL!!! Thanks for sending them. Now all thats left to do is set up your homepage.

Will be good to chat on BB tomorrow what we all thought of the show tonight as I am assuming there will be a new thread on it by then!
    Last edited by MelS; November 30th, 2006 at 12:26 PM. Reason: updates

Just received an sms from Simone: she's been shopping with Ik and bought herself a HAB! LOL she must have found one on special... heavily reduced, cheaper than buying the fabric.

Well It's finally getting hot and I'm gearing up to wash my doona at last. Doing it in the bath tub.

Wade is trashing his room He's been downward spiralling all day... I think he's just tired but he won't nap... hint for 1st time mums who are still setting up their children's bedrooms... have lockable cupboards where you store most of their things... all young children trash their rooms in frustration/tantrums and unless you fancy things being hurled around and broken it's best to have them under lock and key! I'd love built-in storage that he couldn't access on days like this!

ETA: Rory: How's your day going? Productive? I checked out POK news letter you sent to me... lucky there wasn't anything I am desperate to own... how ever i did notice that they sell Villeroy & Boch French Garden crockery at heavily reduced prices.... bugger... it's really niggling at me LOL I only allow myself 1 or 2 pieces a year... let's see if I can get us through to the New year with a clear credit card and I'll see.... Also I didn't get to the Botanical Illustrations exhibition I wore myself out Chrissy shopping... went home and collapsed... but if you ever see a nice Botanical style calendar for 2007 let me know! I'm also in the market for a Peter Rabbit calendar for Niall's room... sometimes I miss out on them... they go very fast... Myer usually has them, I'll have a look on Friday... oh and I also owe you a coffee and maybe a biccy to make up for last week! Hope you can join us!

ETA: Oh and I'm also sipping fenugreek tea ATM... my supply has been a bit down... not sure what's going on but I suspect it could be something to do with all the extra running around shopping that I've been doing... and perhaps not drinking enough water... anyhow i've had a huge jar of fenugreek in my pantry for ages (that I use for curries)... might as well use some.... i've never actually used it for low milk supply before though.

i know funny weather here isnt it.
    Nixon has been fast asleep for the past 2hrs so i have cleaned both bathrooms, cooked up some apple/pear/plum & corn/rice/peas and frozen for Nixon. done more dusting upstairs (finally did the blinds that were well oerdue) and done a few loads of washing.
    As of today starting him on 3 feeds.

Dee- WTG Lachlan! This boy has made a big turn around hasnt he! I'm so glad you can start to feel normal again.
    Amanda- Hope you are ok??
    Bath- wont be able to join u tomorrow as i am going to this seminar at the Austin for this premmie research they are doing. it goes from 10-12 so by the time i probably got into melb central you'd be gearing up to come home...

DH will put the lattice stuff up tonight, kind of our fault for trusting our dog. The two of them were getting out heaps when we first moved in here (some may remember me posting about running around looking for them while pg!) i was at my wits end and the last resort we got electric fencing, that seemed to stop them, but that too had to be partially moved for the concreting and havent fixed it back up. so as dumb as i thought the boxer was he has a few smart cells in there! Now he knows i am hme he is happy to lie around but he sure knows when we go out and i think it was his way of saying hey you barely paid attention to me thismorning!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast