Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #22

I know, it occassionally gets to me... DH has lovely lunches... while I'm at home having a tuna tin on Ryvita OR a toasted sandwich... having both would be too indulgent! LOL Then again... he is working... he says he rarely gets to actually taste the food as he's too deep in discussion with the likes of lawyers and judges... too nervous that he will stuff up... like the saying goes "no such thing as a free lunch!"

Dee: just checked out the piccys of Lockie that you sent love the 4th one; Huge smile.... such a change to the first one you put on your ticker!!! He looks wonderful!

Dee - i used to give the boys weekbix, not sure what age though... also, milk arrowroot biscuits are great for the kids to munch on, and soften them with hot water and add milk, and voila, breatfast!! HTH

Lunch today was chips from the local F&C shop, only because it was next to the pharmacy, and i have no food in the house. DH is bringing the car back tonight, and i have $100 i have put away, going to buy some food and nappies... not that $100 will go far LOL!!

hello girls, been lurking.
    am sooo demotivated today - I have procrastinated that much I have got bugger all done - both in the house and for "work" work. I even ignored flynn while he was grunting - poor lamb was pooey!

just having a blah day - I think I will go and clean something - LOL!!!

Thanks for the pics Donna, Your obviously doing something right cause Lachlan is GORGEOUS!! i esp love the last one on his tum naked!
    Been dusting the house, now its time to make dinner b4 dh comes home cause i am "the wife" and thats my job apparently!

Aww Nic... it's not nice to be told in that way is it Have you told him how demotivating it is? How would he like to be told that he is the bread winner and that he ought to be winning more bread??? Would that be helpful? If I was you I'd emphasise the "team work" concept of parenting... it's not just a "job". You help him do his "job" by buying his groceries and making his meals etc etc etc so why can't he help you do yours? (if he is going to insist it's just a "job")

Rory: I've actually only just shined my sink jus then... it's had toast crumbs all over it all day *blush* LOL Days like this are natural (demotivated ones) ... it won't last

I've managed to upset another member in the 'Recent changes to the start of threads' thread... regarding the size of signatures... i praised all the Junies for having nice and trim sigs meaning that we don't waste each other's time scrolling through long ones... oh well... seems nowhere's as nice and safe as here... I think I'll only venture out when I'm feeling brave... or up for an argument LOL

We are just a bunch of model citizens in here, Bath LOL
    Well, I'm back -new nose and all! It's quite nice, we think Best of all, I can definitely notice better breathing! We waited for ages, even though we were there on time. And it killed! Stitches were so nice and neat that they were agony to undo. There was a direct connection to my tear ducts and I had involuntary tears streaming down my face, whilst squeezing the hand of the registrar! She was very impressed when I told her that childbirth was easier to deal with than having my nose pulled apart...I said that there should be some kind of hypnotherapy for nose jobs! Hey, I never felt the need to squeeze anyone's hand, swear or cry out, wriggle or hold my breath when having Oscar LOL!
    Simone, glad you know what's wrong with Liesy (allow me to find my own nickname for her!). I would also think that the posts in the other thread came from a caring place - it just is unfortunate that you are feeling fragile right now anyway, I can understand how it would have seemed critical of you. I don't think they think you're a bad mummy Bath has some good points to make, too, regarding your DH. Sorry to weigh in on it again, but I think you know that I agree with making things more clear cut - YOU call the shots this time because you are the one who is more than entitled to do so. It will be so hard to call the first shot, but like Bath said, once you've started you'll trip your 'self-worth' switch in your head and you'll see a clearer path to safety (emotional etc). You'll also have one less 'dependant' on your hands and you'll go back to having just 3 kids! It's so daunting, I realise this, and it's a leap of faith...but it's a path well-worn and there are resources available for you as a result of other women having to pull similar manouevres! There IS life after separation with kids. My guitarist's girlfriend has 3 kids with an abusive alcoholic who even shames his brother to be related to him. Like you, she has so much to offer and my guitarist has a really lovely relationship with her and her kids. However, right now a relationship with someone else is way down low on your priority list (just saying that you can get back on the circuit in good time) and your little ones need for you to take some action now Remember, we are your cheer squad right here. You have already made steps in the right direction. Also, your PIL will ALWAYS be your kids' granny and gramps, so you won't lose them entirely. It sounds like they'd even help you if required.
    ANYWAY, at this stage Friday seems like a goer. It's a bit of a push to trek to town two days in a row, but it may just be possible. I MAY even just go for a couple of hours at most and leave Oscar with his daddy, even though I'd miss the little monster. I'll see how he pulls up after Thursday's activities.
    Oh, great news! I can swim right away! I needn't have reorganised Babyswim after all - damn misinformation! I was given pamphlets about my surgery that said no swimming for 4 weeks! Oh, well, at least I have Saturdays back for now. I didn't get to actually sit and talk to anyone today about the surgery, it was all hands on pulling off the splint and pulling my nose off (well, that's how it FELT), so I will write a letter about the painkiller administration and BFing.
    I have closure - I sent the box containing the things I made for my niece, phew!
    Rory - what herb could you inbibe that would perk you up? How about some lemongrass tea? Stick some orange oil on a tissue and sniff? Or Bergamot? I'm finding it difficult to imagine you feeling 'blurgh', so I hope you're starting to feel better about things.
    Nic - What a cop out! That's ALL that comment is. It's an excuse to just leave you to do the hard yards while he enjoys your son's happier moments. Well, THAT"S not parenting. It's not the perfect analogy, but I always think of the chicken who made bread and no-one wanted to help her make it but they all wanted to eat it...and they got none! Maybe you could throw him the line of "I feel like a single parent" - would that have an effect, do you think? Such a cop out, it's so cowardly! DP has only ever dared to JOKE along those lines. When I told him once that he needed to help me a bit because I spend a lot of energy keeping Oscar content and safe...he cheekily said, "Well, that's because you have a vagina and gave birth to him" or something to the effect that it is my duty to take up the slack. He was so sheepish saying it that I know he thought I would fly at him with fists clenched...but his sheepish face was so cute that I couldn't help but laugh. And I know that he doesn't really feel that way - he was just trying to cop out that particular afternoon. Considering the playboy that he most certainly was before I came along, he has no problem assuming responsibility for OUR child. I am not trying to rub it in (cos DP is not perfect, but none of them are - it's only us girls who are flawless ), just illustrating that even someone who was a sworn bachelor (who wouldn't even own a dog cos he was never home) can see that if you want to call yourself a parent you have to experience the whole spectrum of what that involves. From some of your posts since Nixon's birth, I get the feeling that he doesn't quite appreciate that and if it's not addressed you are going to have more moments like these. I hate that you have been made to feel like it's only your burden to bear, especially when Nix was still in NICU and you were expressing. Maybe the move back to Sydney could be a good thing for his frame of mind and he wouldn't feel so 'trapped' - but if he does feel 'trapped', then it doesn't matter where he is, that needs to be addressed for your family's sake. I'm not pontificating, even if that's how it feels to you, I'm just calling it like I see it cos a pattern has emerged in your DH's parenting, thus far.
    Ok, better think about dinner before heading to the fire station...with my NEW NOSE! hee hee! It's SO straight, it's amazing they can do that to a nose that has spent a long time bent on an angle!

Hi girls,

Simone - glad you have found out the problem with Anneliese. She'll be better in no time. Bath had some really positive suggestions about the situation with your DH - she is a wise women! $100 doesn't go far, just went to supermarket and spent $50 on nothing much really!

Bath - found the tofu! It was with the Latina pastas etc. Found a couple of interesting ones, marinated and plain. The silken one was on special for $1.73! Haven't bought yet as I was undecided on what to have it with. Might get it for tomorrow.

Dee - wonderful news about Lachlan! He sounds like he is getting the hang of the routine. Keep up the good work! Where are the pictures of Lachlan? I am a bit silly with this stuff sometimes LOL!!!

Rory - maybe you need some Berocca! I find it really helps when I have been having an ordinary day. I have been going to bed far too late, always after midnight but it's my own fault. I watch my shows, then do cleanup, then stuff around doing meaningless stuff then go to bed and read. Last night got to sleep at 12.45am! I've got to stop doing it.

Nic - did you give DH a kick in the shins LOL!!! Why is it that being a mother is considered an easy, lazy job to most men. My DH is pretty good, but he said one day that he would be happy to be a SAHD - yeah right!!! He can't even do the shopping, always buying cucumber instead of zucchini! A little appreciation and help goes a long way. Hope he lifts his socks and gives you a bit of a hand. A grizzly child can make you so exhausted. I hope Nixon starts feeling better and giving you some more sleep.

Have to give my apologies for Friday - sorry girls! I am going to try again and take Chelsea to see Santa at the shopping centre with her best friend - safety in numbers hopefully. Enjoy a cup of coffee for me though.

Chelsea almost ready for bed and DH is again at work tonight and lots of watch on TV tonight (can't you tell I'm a TV junkie LOL!!). Will pop back though during ads

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Jess – Sorry your friend has hurt your feelings.. mine hurt mine a few weeks back, she is my BF and she did something silly, it took me a whole week before I realized she did not mean it.. hope your friend did not mean it either.
    IK – yeah, glad you finished the wraps!
    Mel – the brand I buy is SoyCo and it has 4 in a flat pack – very yummy (I’ve tried them all, being a vegetarian for 16 years – not now, started eating meat when I was pregnant)
    Kel – OMG, they are sooooo cute. You must be pretty darn happy with yourself!

Nickers
    – can’t belive Nixon is on his third tooth – that is so cool!

Rory – oh no honey.. that is not like you to feel down? Do you think it may be PMS? Or do you think trying to work and be a mum and keep a clean house and and and… is all too much sometime or do you just don’t know? Sometimes I feel like crap too and I just don’t know why, but hopefully tomorrow will be a new day with a big smile from Flynn to start you off on the right foot.. Hugs to you honey..

Nenny – OMG.. every second Friday is so not too much to ask from your MIL… if she has agreed to that! Does she not understand the responsibility? Far out… some people … really!!!!

Simone – HUGE HUG to you darling. Sorry anneliese is still sick.. must be hard for you.

Dee – WOW, you sound like a different person, I’m so thrilled! The sleeping sounds good, and can I just say, how cute are those photos!!!!! Ally had a good sleeping day, for us it seems to be about re-settling, for some reason I have not tried to resettle her since she was a few weeks old (as it did not work). Today she had three sleeps and I resettled her for two of them, (and it only took like 3 mins).. AMAZING.. Poor little thing, I’ve been waking her up too early no wonder she has been a grumble bum… last night was good too, she had a feed at 5.30pm, then woke at 9.30, 11.30, 3.30 and 5.30, so that was manageable.

Anyway, DH is away so must run.. chat soon…

Luv you guys
    Cath

Oh, yeah, how could I forget? Dee, that is ace news - I was smiling from ear to ear reading your post! Except for the part where they suggested you leave Lochie to cry. I agree, don't even try it if it makes you feel ill - ill feeling is a sign! Everything else seems to be working well, so it's obviously not crucial to a happy boy to just soothe him when he's upset Such great news for you. No, men don't get it. I have developed a 'look' that I give to DP when he inches towards "what did you get done" territory...he knows it's time to back off then. It's happening for you, at last - can you feel the sheer excitement vibes from us??
    better go, gonna follow DP up to the fire station (separate cars cos he'll stay later).

Thanks guys, i do feel heaps happier, even tonight he woke at 5.30 so i fed him, then gave him his pumkin (which he has decided that he wont eat now) then topped him up at 7.30pm and put him to bed for the night, not even an argument from him. He went straight to sleep, hopefully until about 11.

Mel - i dont have your email address! let me know and ill send you my pics.

I really need to get a homepage going, not sure how, ill look into it though.

Well DF has decided to go up the club to play poker tonight. Hmmmm not sure what i think of this yet, ill make my decision when he gets home, if he has any prizes or not!!

LOL at the prizes Dee... Babies Online is quite good as Homepages go... PhotoBucket is good too... lookinh forward to checking it out.

Well some of you might recall the disappointment DH and I had recently with his work awarding him an inappropriate prize of an all expenses paid trip to NZ? We weren't able to take Wade and Verity... well they have given us an alternative holiday At the Sebel Heritage in the Yarra Valley with complimentary passes to Healsville Sanctuary... we get to stay in a family suite too, breakfasts included. We're thrilled. Is flexible too, we can go anytime between now and May next year. So we'll do that instead of going up to SeaWorld. DH says there's a tourist train there too so that's Wade catered for. Meanwhile his colleagues are currently white water rafting etc in 9'C in Queenstown... and there's storm due soon too... still it's going to be a sunny 24'C soon - on the day they leave! LOL

Ok... off to read my new Steven King book (it was free because I spent over a certain ammount at Angus and Robinson this week)... the title is Lisey's Story... Ik reminded me in her last post... and on the first page it's explained that Lisey "rhymes with CeeCee" ... big smile at that. My dad used to call me Lisey (same pronounciation) ... Junies who know me IRL will know why

So who's in for Friday... Simone, maybe IK, and I... anyone else?

IK - it must have been real painful!!! So far, nothing I have experienced equals the pain of childbirth (thankfully!). Glad you like your new improved nose, can't wait to see it. Have fun showing it off at the brigade - wonder if they will notice.

CC - thanks for the brand name. Found some at Safeway today, so I will be game and try some tomorrow with some noodles. I think I saw the Thai marinated one, looks so good. Bath suggested having it with satay too - yum!

Dee - I will email you so you have my address. I have a copy of the Junies email list. Can't wait to see pictures of Lachlan. Hope DF comes home with some winnings!

Bath- thats great that you still get a trip out of it! good stuff.
    When i went to qld recently dh work paid for my flights/accom which was good (wouldnt have gone otherwise) but it wasnt a holdiay for dh because he worked the entire time even doing a 21hr straight stint.

Thanks for your comments everyone. I have posted in the past about dh hurtfull comments to me. he came home tonight, i was clearly not responding much to him and he pulled me away from cooking and appologised. this is all good but as i said to him its just a vicious cycle. he says things that hurt me, regrets saying them, appologises, i get over it then it happens all again.
    now not saying i am angel, far from it i know i provoke & instigate sometimes but when it comes to parenting our son i agree it should be a TEAM effort.
    He said he was under a lot of pressure at work, being end of month and he was just stressing out and took it out on me, which i know how easy that can be to do but still not really an excuse. I feel he says these things one too many times and i honestly think thats how he sees it. which i dont understanf because other times he makes comments like i dont know how u do it & i couldnt do what u do, so then why turn around and make me feel like my job is not important because i am not the one bringing the money home. even though he says later on he didnt mean what he said.
    anyway enough about me, we'll see how Nixon goes tonight and if i decide to ask DH to help settle him if he is not!
    i wont go into the other discussion that we got into about him leaving his unpacked bag sprawled out on the bedroom floor and it was my JOB to put it away for him!!! (u guys know i didnt!)

edited: oh yeah i love Stephen King too! but havent read any of his books for ages got stuck reading preggy & baby ones of recent times!

Nic - I'm glad you got an apology and he saw the mistake he made. Some men are far too proud to admit when they have made a mistake. Hopefully neither of you will have to get up to Nixon tonight.

Bath - what fantastic news about the holiday. The Sebel is beautiful and the Yarra Valley is wonderful. You should take the kids to the Yarra Valley Dairy, they have cows everywhere!!! And you can eat in the old milking shed which has been converted to a cafe. If you planned it well, you could also time it with the Yarra Glen Craft Market, which is one of the best. I spent lots of time in the Yarra Valley with my previous job so I know lots of great places around the area. Nice of his work to change it for you, family friendly work places are hard to find! Enjoy your Steven King book (I love Steven King). Have fun tomorrow, sorry I can't make it (explained in previous post).

Hey mel, we're meeting up on Friday, tomorrow's only thursday...

IK - when do you want to go shopping for the HAB material?? Im flexiable, just my bank accounts not LOL

Well, Anneliese is getting better already, the kids dr is a world reknowned paed (he's the one that set up the new GP's clinic at the RCH) and he's just great. He gave Allie Ab's and drops for ears, eyes and nose, and she's clearing up already...

BTW anyone seen the news?? a helicopter has crashed into the HMAS kanimbla of fiji, one dead one missing...

Hi girls - first things first. Thankyou all for your kind words about me feeling blah. I was just being a lazy drama queen....!

Bath, read the debate about signatures - LOL!!! No, hand on, PML!!! And the Sebel is LUSH! It is the best place I have stayed (and I have stayed at some swish places during my time on council let me tell you!) The baths are to die for - so deep! You will be able to swim in them.

Simone, can you PM me the name of that GP - is he in Tullamarine? I think I have heard about him....

Dee I am SO glad you are coming up for air

Nickers, big deep breath - try to remember why you love him, then talk to him. Hard to do I know but it might help things along....

IK - you are the long post queen

Ceecee, you are the personals queen! What have you been up to honey??

Mel, do you reckon you can brave the train again for a trip to the city!!

I think I will be able to come on Friday - might drag my GF Annie along (wife of inventor of wally wrap, Mel met her). Poor Annie doesn't get along with anyone in her mothers group and when I was thinking about how I have been so lucky to meet so many lovely ladies through my little boy and how I want to share you all with her.

better go - slept in til 10am thins morning (wagged yoga AGAIN!) but I should get a good night's sleep if I am to remain on top of life tomorrow

Simone - I did mean Friday, don't mind me just having another of my blonde moments!!!!! So glad Anneliese is feeling better - hope you get a good nights sleep tonight.

Rory - wagging again, you naughty girl. Bet it felt good to sleep in though, bugger yoga LOL!!!

Can't make it Friday (not Thursday LOL!!), taking Chelsea to see Santa with her best friend at the local shopping centre. I am hoping she will go and see him without being freaked out.

Watching the season finale of ER (one of my fav shows) and its fantastic tonight. Also a good show on tomorrow 8.30pm on Channel 9 about the Baby Whisperer recently on Oprah. Looks interesting.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast