Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #23

Hi girls, dunno if its a coincidence, but there are no more posts in the solids forum after mine.......

Cooking Tandoori Chicken for dinner tonight... your Pad Thai noodles sounded yum Mel! The heat makes my appetite go but i really need some protein... BTW the fenugreek worked almost instantly when my supply was low last week! Very impressed... it's back to normal now. Is there meant to be a cool change tonight Melbourne Junies? I haven't seen the weather report for a few days now.

Normally i dont get involved, but someone asked for opinions, and enigma gave her experience, and everyone jumped on her...

The haze has settled down a little here, when Declan wakes up, if its cooled a little, im going to set up the slip n slide for them. I bought cheap coles detergent, and i put some on there and just give it a quick spirt with the hose each time it gets a little dry. Better than hooking it up to the sprinkler part and leaving the water running!!

Now that everything is over with Ryan, i feel kinda lonely and empty. I have the house, the children, but no male companionship... im the type of persona who loves a cuddle and a kiss, someone to snuggle with... time to get used to it i spose, gonna be hard to find a man (one day, not now!!) that will accept such a young mum with 3 small children...

Don't think like that Sim!
    I was a single mum of three when James came into my life! After three relationships going down the drain and me left holding a baby(three diff times), it was a change of pace having someone there.Maybe one day, Ryan will accept what he has lost.

ETA: I went to mums on Sunday and as I headed over the hill from Glenrowan you couldn't see! Usually its a clear view to Mt Buller but no sign of it only smoke! We are stuck in the middle here...smoke from Gippsland and smoke from Whitfield/Cheshunt area! Its getting really bad around this area, no water..stock dying, trees falling and Seven Creek is nearly dry.
    Last edited by Jesswith6; December 5th, 2006 at 03:06 PM.

cool change tonight, meant to be 23 tomorrow. Weather report is going to update in about 5-10 mins... love bom

get paid tomorrow, thinking of putting in an order for fast tract and enliven... just checking out the thread atm...

I think the MiVitality products will do you the world of good Simone! And your children if you can hide it in their juice! I've been taking it for a few months now and honestly feel HEAPS better on the days I take it.

Oooh 23'C Yippeee! My fav temperature!

Bummer Mel, i could have popped over! I'll let u know next time i'm out that way.
    i used to work In Bayswater!

i seemed to have done something to my back. I remember getting this pain in pregnancy and i was going to the osteo. it feels like a pinch and very bottom of my spine. S**t it hurts being over, picking Nixon up etc, suppose to go to the gym tonight (dh coming home early so i can go) but not that i wanna get out of it but dont think i will do my back any good.

WHat do you mean, on the days you take it?? And why do some start straight on fastrac then go to enliven and others just go straight to enliven??

I figure if im going to do this on my own, im gonna need a pick me up...

ETA - nic, take it easy, you dont want to do anything more to hurt your back... maybe a night off the gym, and DH can do all the heavy work so you can rest your back?? hope it gets better soon...

Hi there,

Having a bit of a lazy day today. DF and I went to town and did the groceries and got Lachlans photo taken with Santa, he wouldnt smile though, we tried so hard but he is just sitting there looking stunned! its quite funny actually!!

Had an argument with DF about Lachlan (for a change!) he cant understand why other peoples babies sleep through the night but lachlan wont. I dont have the answers for him, i dont know what to say but he keeps hinting that maybe its something that im doing and it makes me so angry because im doing the same thing ive been doing since canberra but he is slowing slipping back into the old routine of frequent waking in the night and cat naps through the day. I just dont know what else i can do!!
    Im so sick of DF being grumpy all the time, i feel like im walking on egg shells with him!

Simone - Chin up luv! you will find a beautiful man who will love and cherish you and your three kids!!

Simone: like I posted in the InLiven thread: I can't afford to take it daily... plus I usually eat a very balanced and healthy diet so I generally take it about every third day... or when i really need it, like when i feel a cold coming on... it really seems to nip that in the bud. Some days when I'm feeling run down I take it 3 times... other days not at all... i think it's ok to match usage to when you feel like you need it. I can't afford $65 dollars a month which is what you'd pay if you took 3 heaped teaspoons of it like they recommend.

ETA: show him this thread Dee... our babies don't all sleep through the night. It's perfectly NORMAL for them not to sleep through the night.

Thanks Bath - i think i should show him this, friends of ours had a baby a week earlier than me and another couple had a baby in August and both of theirs are sleeping about 12 hours through the night and im sick of hearing about it. He talks to them often and its all they talk about is how good their babies are!!

Nic - i think a night off from the gym is in order tonight, take it easy and rest your back, back pain is the worst!!

OH forgot to say Bath - i love that photo of Niall in the santa hat!!!!

ATM i dont care what it costs, even though i eat a good diet, i have no energy, and need something. I also have low iron levels, my body just doesnt absorb much regardless of how much meat or spinach or anything i eat, or which much freshly squezzed orange juice i drink... It'll be a treat for me anyway I need one of those...

And tell your DH dee that Declan didnt sleep through until about 15 months, and he's 21 months now and still wakes up some nights... thats the joys of parenting!!

Dee - this whole time with Oscar I think I can count 3 sleep-throughs. We know that it's just one of those things, some kids sleep, some don't. He has got to trust you because you are the only mummy Lochie has and you are only ever going to do what you believe is best for him. I would hate to walk on eggshells around here - bad enough that that is what I do with my mum!
    Great news, Simone! I'm doing a little woo-hoo dance here for you You know you are better off with no male company than the kind of male company soon-to-be XH has to offer. I'm not saying it's easy, but look at it this way, I was 27 when I met DP and before that I had one serious boyfriend. For most of that relationship he was in Ireland and I was here! Aside from that, I slept alone all my life until DP came along...it is possible to live a viable life, forging your own identity, without a fella I would also venture to say that this time will be good for you to explore what you think you are about and then you will be better placed to sort out the good eggs from the bad eggs.
    The pool was lovely, even if it was shared with older school kids - at least I left before the after school rush! My SIL didn't make it, but she was going to go when the older kids got home from school so they could all go together.
    Bath and Mel - those dinners sound lovely! I'm offering left overs tonight, with a fresh salad LOL! But all homemade, surely that counts?
    Going to check out this contentious thread!

Dinner, whats that?? Over here... nothing. Anneliese just had a feed and is asleep, Xander just threw up again, so nothing for him, and Declan's gone with XH to FIL's place. Its too hot to cook for just me, so ill munch on something later... im not feeling that great atm anyway.

IK - so jealous of you at the pools, no swimming for this little black duck for a while...

Nic - would love to have you over next time you are out this way. Working in Bayswater, you will know the area. Maybe give gym a miss, don't want to aggravate a sore back. Too hot anyway LOL!!!

Simone - forget men for the moment! One of my really close friends was married with 3 kids (all boys, twins were 4 and other was 6) and she left her husband and spent many years on her own. She met an absolutely fantastic man a few years ago, they married and she now has a 3 year old daughter and a 2 month old daughter. Her sons are now 15 & 17, so it took her a long time to met someone, but she has certainly met the right one! He had no kids, but willingly took on her and her 3 sons. They are the most wonderful boys, very well spoken and love their mum to death. She has done a great job of essentially raising them on her own. You don't need a man to make you a whole person. Use this time to focus on you and the kids and maybe find something that you really want to do. I have no doubt, you will so much better off and so will the kids. If there is anything I can do, just call. You have been very brave and strong through this, so keep it up and remember, keep smiling!!!! For energy, try berocca - I take one every few days and it works a treat! But makes your wee flourescent yellow (sorry TMI!!!!)

Dee - as the others say, all babies are different. Maybe your DH needs to talk to other mums whos kids don't sleep as I know there are plenty of them around. I think its more the "norm" for them not to sleep through, I hear so many stories about it particularly from friends. Don't doubt yourself, you are doing everything you can. Lachlan will sort himself out soon enough, just hang in there.

Jess - hope the fires aren't near you. It must be awfully dry out your way?

Bath - I love tandoori chicken! Good meal idea for a hot night. Salad for us, thankfully Chelsea loves lettuce, tomato and olives!!! Thank god for a cooler day tomorrow. Glad the fenugreek worked - I think I still have some here so if you need somemore let me know. It was expensive and I would hate it to go to waste. It's tablet form but I know you were using the powdered one.

IK - sounds like fun at the pool. Leftovers are so yummy and taste that much better second time around!

Took Chelsea to MIL place for a swim, she has a nice pool but not heated. Chelsea doesn't care, she just jumps in and I am so amazed at how good she can swim. The lessons are certainly paying off. I couldn't be bothered going in so I just dangled my legs and even dipped Marleys legs in - she thought it was pretty nice. DH came after his course finished and had a quick dip. Wonder when this cool change will hit? Soon I hope. Lucky we have air-con!

Back later - child to shower.

Rory: Just noticed your Av has a transparent back ground... looks much better hey? LOL I wonder if Kath saw my post about putting a shiny sink as your background and decided to fix the white one before another request was placed! ha!

Well I'm chillin' out with a martini... going down very nicely... just one mind... I wouldn't wan't Niall to grow too fond of Martini flavoured milk... he'll like the tandoori though when it arrives... I reckon that's why Wade has such a preference for spicy and unusual flavoured foods... he would have had a good variety of flavours too when I BF him.

Ok... Niall asleep for the evening... he'll probably wake at about 10 - 11pm for a shower and top up.... now Wade... gotta catch the little rascal... he's flying around the house on the last of a sugar fix... he's sooo over tired after the party and heat today....

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast