Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #27

Friday during the day is good for me and I will bring only one child (that's enough!!!).

Jess - so glad to hear you are back on. Did the op go well? Take it easy and let the others look after you.

Nic - love the new pics, esp like the one with the saxophone. Nixon is just so cute and I just love those reindeer ears!!! Hopefully you make it to Rory's - would love to meet you in person before you head back to Sydney.

Rory - thanks for offering your house to us. You should start your own flylady business LOL!!! How is the menu planning going?

Just got back from IL's after swimming all afternoon. Marley went for her first swim in the pool (we have a little swim seat for her) and apart from her freaking out at the start (its not a heated pool), she really loved it. She was laying back with her head on the side cushion. I have some photos which I will upload soon. Having bbq chicken and salad for dinner, too hot for anything else!!

I wanted to buy a BBQ chicken for dinner, but i think everyone else will have the same idea and there'll be no chicken left by the time i get to the shops...

If everyone else is bringing babies, i may bring anneliese.... or i may just come and relax and play with everyone else's bubs!!

i remember Bath said she wouldnt be online today, cant remember how come.
    Are we talking Friday day or Friday night? i just remembered my premmie Hugs programs goes back next friday but thats 10-12 so should be fine.

Red face

LoveMyGirls - re. your MIL - totally WTF?? Oh well sounded like Marley needed the rest, and it is nice to be able to surf the inet.
    My girls are Ruby (TheStar) and Giorgia (lucylu). Don't worry about getting the names wrong, my blog is called "The Star met Lucy" after their nicknames!
    BTW - I really like the name Marley, it's a bit different,but really cute! How do people react? Also, I really hope it's not more serious eczma (sp?) - my friends' little boy has it and he scratches himself red raw and only 9 months old.

RoryRory
    - you are such good value. BTW I wish I was in Melbourne! Views, wine...lucky simone!! and others! Is Melbourne really a long way from Sydney...wish I could fly over simone! I try to flylady too, but I seem to only get around to it every 5 weeks and keep ending up in the kitchen!

Simone - My next door neighbour says anytime after 11am is a good time for a glass or two. She is an AWESOME mother of 3 of the most beautiful girls, so go for it! I love to have a break from my girls, but miss the baby when she's not here. You kinda get used to them being around all the time.

Cee_Cee99
    - Thankyou! all you girls are making me feel great! I thought you were having a girl? and did you end up with any probs after all? (sorry to ask if it's painful)

Nickers - Nixon is sooo cute! Such a cute happy chubba cheeks hey? So it seems all the premmie stuff got sorted for him! He looks awesome, and very healthy and happy. I loved the reindeer ears too!

Ok - feeling a lot better, I did lose my job today (one of them)- thought I might. I haven't really been on top of things since ruby's birth and they had lost confidence in me a bit. Anyway wasn't an acrimonious ending (I think that's what I mean?) I mean it ended fine, so a few weeks to hand over. I'm kind of sad, cause no one likes to lose confidence, but glad too cause it was a bit too stressful and the cause of lots of blah.
    So now just got to not be stressed re. finance, except I just became a BB lifetime member!! Oh well!
    Will be selling lots of things on ebay and in the market place here so have a look every now and then!

Guys - seriously, you've helped a lot over the past few days with all your enthusiastic hellos! I feel a bit special, thankyou. so anyway, off to have a drink (!) I had to buy the bottle because it's called "jagos" which is my maiden name (and Ruby's middle name too!)

Anyone in Sydney for a meetup??!!??

Hey Nickel - MIL is a little strange sometimes. I get lots of comments about Marleys name, mostly nice comments. Some people ask me if I named her after Bob Marley WTF!! No, I didn't. I really loved the movie "Children of a Lesser God" which started Marley Maitlin. It stayed with me for ages. When we considered girls names with first pregnancy, Marley was on the list as was Georgia, Chelsea and Layla. We chose Chelsea. Second pregnancy I was convinced I was having a boy, so only really picked boys names. Got the shock of my life when out came a girl!!! Both DH and I thought of Marley straight away - so thank you for the lovley comment. I have always like Georgia and I really like your spelling of it. Marley's eczema has been so good today. The cream is working wonders, no redness at all today. She is still scratching at her head, she has cradle cap too! That is getting better, but its something that never really goes away. I feel so sorry for your friends little boy, it must be awful seeing him scratch himself so bad. Has she got him on any cream or medication? Re your job, could be a blessing in disguise. It might help you de-stress a bit. Jobs can be stressful and affect so many other aspects of your life. I sell lots of stuff on ebay to make extra cash, its fantastic. Glad to hear we have helped you feel better about yourself, thats what I love about the junies, such a wonderful supportive group of women! Go enjoy your wine and have a glass for me!

Nickers - Bath had tradesman coming today so her and the family were going to Cape Patterson. Hope she had lots of fun and kept cool!

Oh this heat is totally foul.... wish I was still at Eagle's Nest beach (near Cape Patterson)... it was a bit hot when we first arrived and the flies were shocking but the longer we were there the nicer it got, even the flies subsided. Wade saw a beach for the first time! Hehe... he was so funny... almost scared at first but running around in circles at the water's edge squealing with delight in the end... I had to keep him from charging in up to his waist! Still, the first time a wave crashed into his face he freaked out... I really ought to have gotten him used to water much earlier on... bad mummy... I dunk Niall's head under the shower every night (inspired by IK and Oscar's water familiaraity lessons)... so at least he wont be as timid. We all got sunburnt behind our knees and have had an oatmeal bath and I've applied aloe vera cream as well... we missed a few spots on Niall's arms too and they are bright red! Lucky he had his MCHN checkup this morning before we left, otherwise I would have received a lecture about applying sunscreen thickly... I tried to but it rubbed in clear and I just couldn't tell i'd missed a bit... plus he spent most of the time asleep under an overhanging bush that I thought was quite shady... shows that you've got to be so careful! Oh and we returned home to a new sturdy gate in the kitchen and fantastic shelves in the laundry... I did a little dance with excitement LOL funny how these things have given me such joy...geeze, anything to make my daily grind a little easier! Wade was most put out regarding the gate but he took a shine to the tradesman who's name is Bob and Wade calles "Bob the Builder" LOL so I said "Bob said be a good boy and don't try to climb the gate" which had added effect LOL

Melbourne Junie MeetUp: if it's during the day I might be able to catch a train up with Verity and the boys... Friday would be good... Thankyou soooo much Rory for providing a venue I'll bring some chocolate hazelnut brownies (with a dash of Frangelico) if that's appropriate? It would travel reasonably well I think.

Good grief ...sweat is trickling down between my bust I thought we were meant to have a storm this week?

Jess: Hope you are feeling better and that you found somewhere nice and cool to recouperate.

Gonna top up the ice in my drink... back a little later after a feed.... oh and my nipple wound has healed significantly over the past day... i can attach again without pain... but I'm reeeally towey about it!

ETA: just been to BOM site... min temp overnight expected to be 25'C... time to get day beds with old fashioned mozzie nets for the verander... or maybe we should just catch up with the 21st century and buy a portable air con system.

ARe we during the meet during the day or at night?? If it were during the day i would have not drink, as i would have the car and Anneliese and i hav to pick the boys and DH up.

Back to bed for me, personals later... didnt sleep much last night. Not coping very well with this heat... neither are the kids, especially Declan...

Morning girls - how did we all sleep? Simone, hope little Decca is feeling better today - I think it is expected to cool down soon.

Bath, I love the Cape Patterson area! And glad your shelves made you happy - I had a similar reaction when I bought plastic containers and organised my built-in robe. As you said, "anything to make my daily grind a little easier" LOL!!!

Mel, I love Marley too - but I reckon you should tell people she is named after Bob Marley just for a laugh. Tell them you are a Rastafarian (sp?) and see what their reaction is (PML!!)

Jess, hope you are feeling better soon - we are all thinking of you

Nickel, glad you are feeling loved :wink: Where were you working? Gosh is has been so long since we first did our introductions I have forgotten what we all did in our "past lives" (pre baby!!) Maybe like Mel said it will be a blessing in disguise? On the finance thing - I have started to realise that I really need to pull our belts in - there has been more money going out than coming in for a few months and I am about to pick up another day of work this month, but I keep lamenting how much $$$ I have wasted over the past few years. Still, it is amazing how you live up to your income - when DH and I were both working I bought stuff without a thought, but now I find myself getting really frugal.

Still, I wonder whether being a cheapskate can actually be a fun challenge rather than a complete PITA? Have you guys heard of the San Franciso Compact? A group of mates in SanFran, USA decided to not buy anything for one year - they only were allowed to buy food and esentials (socks and jocks, toothpaste, etc), but everything else (clothes, car parts, mobile phones, books) has to be borrwed, made, repaired, bought second hand or traded. Sounds like an interesting challenge, hey? There is a blogspot site where they keep a journal. I think I am going to give it a try (only bummer is I just broke my stapler and being a cheapie it is not repairable) but I might make an exception for birthday presents (maybe one way to release my inner hunter-gatherer?). The people who started it didn't make any exceptions, though, and after a year of telling their friends about their "no-buy policy" were given Christmas pressies like donations in their name or "a day of culture" (one woman's sister gave her this - and spent the day going to galleries with her).

So maybe it is all a matter of persepctive? Kind of like weight loss - I have got real gung-ho on getting fit rather than losing weight, and it has made all the difference (but the scales will tell in time, no doubt!)

Better get going girls - gotta de-junk some more stuff (I am loving this decluttering - hope DH doesn't sit still at his desk too long or I might throw him out too!!!) and have brekky.

luv yas all.......

Rory: I can give you a stapler... we have about 5... everytime Verity gets new AirFlex school shoes they throw in a complimentary stationery kit which always has a small stapler... we've received about 3 of these kits... i'll bring one over... it hasn't even been used... might help you get-by until you can afford a good quality one. I love that Compact concept Itry to make being a cheepskate fun... my way is to make a joke of our Amish lifestyle which compared to all our friends is so simple even though it involves suffering through heat for a few days a year... at least we don't have the huge electricity bills that our friends seem to have. I also often muse on how much money people spend to satisfy egos instead of satisfying needs. This occured to me when someone told me that "wealthy" people shouldn't go to Op Shops... I think it was FIL... anyhow almost in the same breath he told me that they never went to Op Shops when they had a young family because his wife was too proud (DH's mum)... they were exactly they type of family that should have used op shops!!! Crazy huh? And isn't it interesting when you drive through "low socio economic areas" like West Heidelburg and see flashy cars with all the trimmings like mag wheels and the drivers are all wearing expensive sports clothing brands... while we're in a comfortable suburb driving a 10 yo bomb? I think FIL thought that WE shouldn't be using op shops... but what should we spend our money on? Cars and expensive clothing??? We don't need it! Should we need it? I feel abnormal not wanting it (not really LOL)... anyhow Rory: if you want to share info about what you're tossing out and I'll do the same it could be the start of something LOL I'm actually donating a lot of girls clothing ATM because my sister (who always complains of money issues) prefers to dress her DDs in the latest fashions and I know that she doesn't use the stuff I send up to her so if you have a little girl you'll be set... you can have bagfuls of clothing! We haven't bought anything new for Niall besides a sleeping bag (which i'm also about to donate I think).

gotta go... screaming kids....

Well hi all - finally found the time to post but it won't be a long one.

Bath: Good to see you back in here it just isn't the same without you! We saw "Night in the museum" last night and it was great! I'm going to buy it on DVD for Aleise when it comes out. Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson are so great!

Melbourne ladies: Sounds like its wayyy too hot down there why don't you fly up for a visit to Brisvegas? Its only been 26C (max) so far.. a bit of rain here and there too!

Jess: Hope you're recovering well. If it were us finalising the baby factory closure I'd make Matt get the snip! After having a c/s I'm not likely to line up for more surgery!

Well gotta run, taking mum to Spotlight today so I'd better get my glad rags on.. take care all and will make more of an effort for personals next time.

seeya!

Rory - PSL about the Rastafarian thing. I have one of those Bob Marley wigs too!!! It is so true about living up to your income. I watched something on TV a while ago that said if you spend 75% of your income, regardless of how much you earn, you will still spend that 75%. I am lucky that I am on paid maternity leave for the whole year, otherwise some things would have had to go. We live to our means and very rarely do we splurge on expensive things. I love Op shops! You can find so many great bargains. We don't use credit cards (only if really necessary) and I am going back to work in July. I still love going out for dinner etc, but its usually only one of us going, one stays home and looks after kids. I would find it really hard not to buy anything as I can't help myself! I don't spend heaps, but I do loving buying the girls and me, new clothes!!!! Have fun decluttering and don't throw out DH, sounds too good to throw out LOL!!!!

Bath - glad to hear you had fun at the beach. Perfect place to be yesterday. As I said to Rory, op shopping is so much fun. Rummaging around, looking for things and some are better than others. PML about the low socio economic areas and cars etc. I bet most of them are up to their eyeballs in debt!!! I use to have friends that did that, just to keep us appearances - how ridiculous. I personally prefer to have friends I like because of who they are, not how much they earn or what they drive. So glad to hear your wound has healed and I can understand why you are tentative about feeding from that side now.

Neeny - would love a bit of rain right now! Have fun at Spotlight - I just got home from their myself getting Chelsea's party invite stuff. Its a trap, I always buy other bits and pieces while I am there. They had good baby food containers for $5.99 for 4.

Off to my aunty and uncles this afternoon for dinner. Also finishing Chelseas invites on their computer (much better than mine!). Hopefully it will rain later and cool down a bit.

Our meet up is during the day isn't it?

Hi to the other Junies and have a great day everyone.

Hiya Neeny and Mel I'm wandering around in cirlces trying to meet the needs of all the kids who are cranky Niall won't nap... maybe he ate too much food this morning? 1/3 cup rice cereal... yesterday he ate almost a whole banana and a 2/3 a cup of apple puree... his weight is down though... probably because of the recent b.feeding problem... also he's become very mobile all of a sudden... starting to crawl forwards instead of backwards... thankfully very slowly though.

Oh and Jess I didn't realise you had your tubes tied!? Good grief, I had it in my mind you went in for something else... back pain? I skim read a lot of posts recently... but geeze what a thing to miss! I'm so sorry... let us know how you get along, there must be a lot of feelings to deal with something like that.

ok... back to the hard slog... bring on the rain.

Jess- hope your feeling better today. i remember a long time ago you saying you were getting it done.
    Nickel- there are a couple of Sydney siders u could meet up with um CeeCee, Karen, Dee78 and give it another 3months or so and i'll most likely be joining you! we had real estate come around yesterday to look at the house, they will get back to us with costs etc on putting it on the market. we are not going to offically do anything though until dh job is locked in.
    If the Meet up at Rory's is Friday DAY i could go there straight from my playgroup which finishes at 12.00

where has jaspen gotten to these days? Anyway Happy 7months Samuel for toady!

4th hot day in a row. yesterday was about 37 i think, today feels very similar, when is there a cool change suppose to come?
    Im feeding my neighbours cat & fish atm and thismorning noticed one of the fishy's has passed on...... should i text her?? should i try and get it out?? its one of those wall tanks so even pretty hard to feed them dunno how id go getting the fish out. It is encased in this little bubble or something ive neever seen such a thing... very weird.... the animals must be fretting cause the cat spewed all over the house the first day (i rang and told them)

Uh oh Nic... sounds like you've got your hands full with the neighbour's pets! If you could work out how to get the dead fish out I'm sure it would be a good idea... otherwise bacteria levels will increase in the water and threaten the others.... never heard of a bubble enclosing the fish though...that's an odd one although dead things do emit gases... maybe they've become locked in somehow. I'd sms them too. Oh and hey it's starting to rain here! check out the BOM site Nic... sure helps deal with mugginess when you can actually see relief in sight!

Niall finally went to sleep after nearly 2 hours of on/off crying... he's never done that before... DH wanted to rock him but I said I'd just sit beside him on the floor next to his cot and soothe him... gave him some water which helped... dimmed the room a bit which also helped... eventually he self settled when I started folding clothes.

DH is still wandering around in his cotton dressing gown LOL he's been so good with the kids today... hasn't raised his voice even though I have with Verity when she has been cheeky. I gave him a hug for being the better parent today... he's also done the washing... I think these holidays he has developed a fuller appreciation of the grueling nature of looking after 3 kids, especially when they are hot and tired. DH loves the heat which is why he is able to cope better than I am.

Yeah, where are you Jaspen??? Miss you! Happy 7 months Samuel

Well it was DH birthday yesterday, he turned 39 and we're having family over tonight for a BBQ, so can't be long. I made him a choc mud cake with profiteroles on top with a Grand Marnier and custard filling, will put a pic up later in the week. I took Cody and Wyatt to the docs yesterday for the conjuntivitis and had to get antibiotic drops so they're on the mend now. Ok have to go and finish getting ready.

hugs xoxo

Oh yummo Amanda! It's been ages since I've had profiteroles... how good would the Grand Mariner be! Sounds scrumptious! Looking forward to seeing the piccy

Cool change has arrived... *sigh* not as much rain as expected... fingers crossed for storms tonight as forecast.

Hi Girls, sounds like everyone is travelling well.
    I am trying really hard to cathc your decluttering bug rory & Bath but just cant seem to do it. We have a rent inspection on Monday so maybe tomorrow when Ia m getting ready for that it will be a good time to start. Mind you since I have been on Maternity leave it was my goal to sort out my teaching stuff which I have finally finished and feel so much better for it.

Living to your means: Since DH and I have been together we have always managed to adjust what we earned to how we lived. When we first moved in together we were both students working parttime and we still managed to make ends meet. For as long as we have had joint bank accounts though we have always put a small portion of what we earned into savings, I try and put a minimum of 10% of our total earnings away into savings. I am budget crazy I very carefully work out what we earn and what our priorities for spending are- we dont live a flashy lifestyle but always make an effort to 'treat' ourselves to something once a month, be it dinner out, movies etc.

Amanda- Your DH birthday cake sounds just divine. I had a Queen Silvia cake for my bday and it was just delicious.........oh so chocolatey. Ihope your DH had a wonderful day.

I think Jaspen might still be away on her holiday, from what I remember they were going to the US and Canada for a holiday for maybe about 7 weeks (I think)

Anyway better go, we are off to my cousins engagement party tonight

Bath a stapler would be fantastic! I will keep my box of op shop stuff until you come so you can have a rummage - I gave Simone a leather handbag I bought but never used the other day, so I would rather the stuff go to a friend than the oppy.

Neeny I went to Spotlight today too! Only it wrecked my new "no buy" policy - I bought some scrapbooking pages (50% Christmas stock) and a pattern and material for an apron - one of those with a frilly skirt and little ruffles on the shoulders! Bath you would love it - very "Leave it to Beaver"

Nickers I am happy for the meet up to be Friday during the day - those who don't want to drink can always take a bottle home with them.

Mel you asked the other day how the menu planning was going? Well I have decided to do a weekly scour of our local supermarkets (there are 4 at our local shopping centre) for discounted bargains and use that to for the basis of my menu for the week. I will then top up what I need from my usual supermarket and NQR the next day. So it is a "plan" of sorts, but rather than specify what to eat on what day and then shop for it, my menu will be dictated by what I find (once again, the inner hunter-gatherer emerges!)

This method still leaves plenty of scope for mad recipie collecting and cataloging, cause when you find discounted cream cheese you need a recipie that uses it.

Amanda, I can't wait to see your cake!! I am on a weight loss health kick ATM so I can only look at yummy stuff now!

Ali - have fun at the party!!

Better go - bag of rats is manky. Gotta go read the riot act (JK!!)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast